Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:15:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 217173 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: August 31, 2010, 11:36:47 AM »

Looks like the pro shot vids have been taken down from youtube by the BBC. 

DAMN!  I only got to see WTTJ.  Which, by the way, still seems to be up for some reason.

here is the whole thing on video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYGPVBG6

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1001 on: August 31, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »

Anyone have any pics of BF at Reading? Had a cool Who t on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1002 on: August 31, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »

Oh, now I understand the 11:00pm curfew, just look at the dense and close residential area!!  Shocked

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:58:47 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1003 on: August 31, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »

Damn, they really are in the middle of nowhere. How do you make sense of the curfew given this location for the festival?

Ali
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1004 on: August 31, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »

Oh, now I understand the 11:00pm curfew, just look at the dense and close residential area!!  Shocked

Roll Eyes

hihi rofl hihi

Promotors: YOU`RE CRAZY ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #1005 on: August 31, 2010, 01:58:10 PM »

leeds is even further into nowhere!

crazy UK  laws.

UK fans, sky news at 7pm there will be some axl discussion if your interested...

edit: apparently the segment has was dropped! they advertised it this afternoon. oh well, maybe they read axls tweet.....  ok
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:30:08 PM by bangit » Logged

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1006 on: August 31, 2010, 02:12:26 PM »

crazy UK  laws.

UK fans, sky news at 7pm there will be some axl discussion if your interested...

Sky News (UK) ??....or another Sky News channel.... I'm watching online now...but not seeing anything at all acually...let me know if you know more please.
variant
Headliner

« Reply #1007 on: August 31, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »

I think that picture is the Leeds site. There are some buildings near the Reading site (mostly an industrial estate).

Either way, I fucking love the shitstorm this is creating in the UK media. Whether the opinions are good or bad, right or wrong - GnR are all over the radio, internet and papeers here at the moment!  peace

wadey
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: August 31, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »

crazy UK  laws.

yeah just seen it....she said Axl's voice was croaky and squeeky  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
fuck me...... its Axl Fucking Rose, he's got his own unique voice, some retards may say croaky and squeeky, but i say fucking unique  beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1009 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:46 PM »

As Oscar Wilde said, "Its worse to be not spoken about....." No such thing as bad publicity, only badly written and factually flawed publicity. Still dangerous, thank god..

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GNRVahland
Rocker

« Reply #1010 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:13 PM »

crazy UK  laws.

yeah just seen it....she said Axl's voice was croaky and squeeky  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
fuck me...... its Axl Fucking Rose, he's got his own unique voice, some retards may say croaky and squeeky, but i say fucking unique  beer

+1 +1  beer   beer ...but I don't understand why my posts get removed by mods...but it's ok  beer

What I saw of Reading and Leeds was very ok...hopefully there will be more available...some say Friday the entire gig...true or not ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1011 on: August 31, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »

I suggest we don't focus on the negative bullshit or give those morons more attention.

These people are paid to write bullshit.

They paint pictures that aren't exactly realistic just to make their stories better. Exaggeration, hearsay, lies etc. Anything to have a "shocking article" for people to look at while they browse the rags. The lack of the words read and newspaper in the previous sentence is intentional.

Axl and GN'R won't play the game so they have to try to get back at them.

They're not here to kiss the media's ass. Everybody knows that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRVahland
Rocker

« Reply #1012 on: August 31, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »

I suggest we don't focus on the negative bullshit or give those morons more attention.

/jarmo

OK...back to the positive things in life....where the hell is the rest of the last show ? ....these 4 songs on BBC taste like moremoremore...

Anybody knows (with reliable source) if the entire gig will be on BBC # next Friday ?
(IMHO last Friday and next Friday got mixed up a bit)
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #1013 on: August 31, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »

Leeds was completely amazing. Axl was on great form and the band were the tightest I've ever seen them.
DJ is clearly the final piece of the puzzle that Axl has been looking for.
Also I managed to catch one of DJ's plectrums.   Grin

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1014 on: August 31, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »

411mania have posted a write up of the Reading incident, and as everyone else I get the feeling they just closed their ears for the cheering and backing the crowd gave the band when the sound was cut.

However, the reviewer sort of redeemed himself by actually being honest about the music they actually played, and not jumping on the "it's-cool-to-hate-Axl"-wagon.

Here's the last paragraph:

What no one seems to have mentioned however is that despite all of the controversy surrounding the performance, when they were playing, the band was absolutely phenomenal, Axl included, and I would recommend their live show to anyone who doesn't mind waiting an hour or so to see one of the greatest frontmen of all time and his band.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/151194/411-Report-Of-The-Guns-N%5C%5C-Roses-Incident-At-Reading.htm
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:39:46 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #1015 on: August 31, 2010, 03:33:07 PM »

Leeds was completely amazing. Axl was on great form and the band were the tightest I've ever seen them.

Was that to the very left of the stage? He flicked one towards me but it went way past me. Sad

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1016 on: August 31, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »

These people are paid to write bullshit.

They paint pictures that aren't exactly realistic just to make their stories better. Exaggeration, hearsay, lies etc. Anything to have a "shocking article" for people to look at while they browse the rags. The lack of the words read and newspaper in the previous sentence is intentional.

Axl and GN'R won't play the game so they have to try to get back at them.

They're not here to kiss the media's ass. Everybody knows that.

/jarmo

Yes. Sr.. HATERS.. GN`R >> In Your ASS !!

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #1017 on: August 31, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »

Was that to the very left of the stage? He flicked one towards me but it went way past me. Sad
Sort of. We were just slightly left of where DJ kicked water all over the female steward when he stood on the table full of cups. It was funny when he apologised and flashed her a cheeky smile - she was totally blushing and star-struck.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #1018 on: August 31, 2010, 04:12:28 PM »

Sort of. We were just slightly left of where DJ kicked water all over the female steward when he stood on the table full of cups. It was funny when he apologised and flashed her a cheeky smile - she was totally blushing and star-struck.

so if you were just left of the water incident you must have been centre stage then?

i was just left of centre stage and the water incident was just right of centre stage  confused
of course it depends how your looking at the stage - i mean if your in the audience looking at the stage  peace
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:42:23 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #1019 on: August 31, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »

so if you were just left of the water incident you must have been centre stage then?

i was just left of centre stage and the water incident was just right of centre stage  confused
of course it depends how your looking at the stage - i mean if your in the audience looking at the stage  peace
Yeah I was referring to it as we were on DJ's left.   peace

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: