Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:28:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 227882 times)
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #640 on: August 28, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »

There was loads of massive tents blasting music, and had people dancing and moshing in them. So it's stupid in my view, and as I said it makes the festival seem really dire.

Main stage sound level >>>>>>>>>> all else

They do this at all festivals, they do it at gig venues as well.  It's not rock n' roll but that's just the way it is.

Band sounded tight though, can't wait for October 14th!  hihi

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #641 on: August 28, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »

terminator lest we not forget even after my beerathon last night i have plans to ask my mrs to marry me to november rain at leedss it would be awesome so i really hope they play and that she says yes  love hopefully we may see you there
will you ask her using a MEGAPONE hihi hope she doesn`t read your post or she won`t be suprised have good one i hope they come, send them a message via twitter or facebook Axl might like the idea of it, or propose to her for you ok or if she`s real nice instead of you !  lol
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #642 on: August 28, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »

she hasnt got a clue but thanks and neat idea i may get onto that straight away that would be awesome , ive been planning it all year around gnr of all things ha ha always reliable peace
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #643 on: August 28, 2010, 08:55:02 AM »

she hasnt got a clue but thanks and neat idea i may get onto that straight away that would be awesome , ive been planning it all year around gnr of all things ha ha always reliable peace
i`m sure she`ll say yes make sure you let us know!at least there never boring  ok
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #644 on: August 28, 2010, 09:01:55 AM »

i will wish me luck i hope both the proposal and gig go ok  ok love peace
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #645 on: August 28, 2010, 09:35:33 AM »

tommy_stinson    had such a great time at reading festival til they pulled the plug.queens of the stone age ripped!!! couldn't have been nicer guys.thanks
15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

DJASHBA    Last night was insane! They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City. Much love to you all!!!
39 minutes ago via web

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
maluzinha
Opening Act

« Reply #646 on: August 28, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »

love love love love love

Christian
VIP

« Reply #647 on: August 28, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »

Tommy has recently said in a twitter response that they  are going to leeds!

tommy_stinson
@EddieValentine unless you know something i don't. i'm fuckin playing leeds tomorrow.lol
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #648 on: August 28, 2010, 10:16:51 AM »

DJASHBA
READING FESTIVAL - Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band? He knows our show. Let me guess... To take our fans money and then not allow us to give them a show that they payed for. This was clearly not a curfew thing because after cutting our power like a selfish money grubbing prick, he allowed music blasting through out the venue till the early morning. For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music. The promoter was already being a cocky f$#k in the press before we arrived, so yes we went on a little late, and for this we apologies. However, our fans payed to see a show, and that's why we showed up, too give them just that. Sad that this promoter's music festival has little too do with the fans or the love for music. Last night was insane! They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City. Much love to you all!!!
5 minutes ago via Twitlonger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #649 on: August 28, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »

DJASHBA
Seems some of you took my post out of context. I in NO way meant that we went on late because the promoter was being a cocky prick. I simply stated that, then I went on to apologies to the fans for us going on a little late. Peace out.
4 minutes ago via Twitlonger

iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #650 on: August 28, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »

some great pics here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/gunsnroses/
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #651 on: August 28, 2010, 11:17:48 AM »

epic photo !

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #652 on: August 28, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »

So they are gonna be there tomorrow, right?  Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #653 on: August 28, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »

From the man himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpEiwl99ts

They seem pretty fed up with the promoter

I'm looking forward to the Twitlonger. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #654 on: August 28, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »

Guns N' Roses Stage Sit Down Protest At Reading Festival 2010

Band close day one...

The festival marked Guns N? Roses first appearance in the UK since they headlined Download festival in 2006.

The band kicked off their set with ?Chinese Democracy?, which was accompanied by the first of several pyrotechnics displays.

The song was followed by renditions of ?Welcome To The Jungle?, ?It?s So Easy? and ?Mr Brownstone?.

Rose changed costumes throughout the band?s performance - mixing his headwear between cowboy hats and bandanas - and often spent time off stage while the rest of the band played instrumentally.

The singer, who was on energetic form despite festival-goer?s meek reception, rarely spoke to the crowd, expect at one point to tell the them: ?I smell cannabis.?

He also took a brief moment to introduce the band?s current line-up, which includes Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson.

Guns N? Roses performance also included a cover of the Wings classic ?Live And Let Die?, which was again supplemented by a pyrotechnic display.

It wasn't until the end of their set that the band finally began to win over the crowd, playing the hits ?Sweet Child O? Mine?, ?November Rain? and ?Night Train?.
But due to their late arrival, organisers were forced to cut the band's sound at midnight (BST), leaving drummer Frank Ferrer to lead the crowd with a drum-only rendition of 'Paradise City'.

Festival director Melvin Benn had warned the band about breaking the festival's curfew earlier in the week.

Rose ended the band's set in the pit thanking members of the crowd, before staging a sit down protest.

Gigwise will be coming live from both Reading and Leeds throughout the weekend so stay tuned for all the latest news, gig reports and photos.

Gigwise

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #655 on: August 28, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »

From the BBC:

Festival organisers say they [GNR] were given an extra half hour to play.

A statement read: "Guns N' Roses wanted to 'extend' the new agreed curfew but were prevented from doing so in order to comply with the entertainment licence issued by Reading Council."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #656 on: August 28, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »

DJASHBA
READING FESTIVAL - Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band? He knows our show. Let me guess... To take our fans money and then not allow us to give them a show that they payed for. This was clearly not a curfew thing because after cutting our power like a selfish money grubbing prick, he allowed music blasting through out the venue till the early morning. For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music. The promoter was already being a cocky f$#k in the press before we arrived, so yes we went on a little late, and for this we apologies. However, our fans payed to see a show, and that's why we showed up, too give them just that. Sad that this promoter's music festival has little too do with the fans or the love for music. Last night was insane! They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City. Much love to you all!!!
5 minutes ago via Twitlonger

He brings up a good point about the "curfew thing" if they allowed the music to blast throughout the venue until the early morning.

variant
Headliner

« Reply #657 on: August 28, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »

My thoughts on the Reading Festival show (doing it in bullet point form as I'm too tired to type properly...):

• I have no idea why the band came on stage late - whether it was a technical issue (the screen at the back wasn't working properly - one section had continuous white noise), they weren't ready or whetever but I think the crowd at 9:30pm were happy to be won over. By 10:30pm I think there was more resistance by some sections in the audience and some people seemed to think it proves that Axl doesn't care (I think the end of the show proves that Axl does care) There was some booing at the start but that was all I heard really.
  • The sound levels didn't seem right from where I was standing (between the stage and the mixing desk). It just didn't seem big enough. Reading has frequently had problems in the past with the levels. Did anyone else that went think it was a bit quiet? I think this is why the crowd may have seemed a little flat at times - if the band is loud, the crowd tends to be. It picked up a bit from SOD onwards.
  • I was surprised by the number of people singing to Chin Dem songs. Seemed like EVERYONE was singing to SCOM and Nightrain but I didn't expect the new stuff to go down as well as it did.
  • Another 'is it just me?' point - did the pyros work properly during LALD? Something didn't seem right to me. Almost as if they didn't go off properly...
  • DJ Ashba was awesome throughout the gig and I think he earnt a lot of respect from the crowd
  • ...as did Frank. I was a big Brain fan before but Frank really impressed me last night.
  • During one song (can't remember which) Axl let out an enormous scream that really powerful, in tune and passionate. People seemed to spontaneously applaud this even though it was halfway through a song. It was a real 'WOW' moment.
  • Best songs of the night for me were SOD, SCOM and NR - they looked like they were having a lot of fun at the end of that one!
  • I would have preffered to see a full show but in hindsight the end was pretty cool. The guys sure now how to make their gigs memorable! It was bit chaotic at the time - I think people thought it was a technical boo-boo at the start of Better but when we realised what had happened there were chants of 'We shall not be moved' and 'One more song'. Don't see why they couldn't have given them at least 5 more minutes just to do Paradise City - especially considering the noise from the other stages/campsite and fairground were still going.
  • Hope anyone going to Leeds has a great time. Can't wait till October!
maluzinha
Opening Act

« Reply #658 on: August 28, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd2xVtDdY8k&feature=player_embedded#!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #659 on: August 28, 2010, 12:11:52 PM »

it is the same promoter for Readings and Leed?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: