Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 227902 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #620 on: August 28, 2010, 06:01:23 AM »

Jarmo... were you with them last night, before, during and after the show, i.e did you witness what went on?

Your right about other bands refusing to allow coverage. What puzzles me is that the festival organisers and the BBC believed/assumed that they could broadcast the set up until 2 hours or so before the band hit the stage.

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #621 on: August 28, 2010, 06:06:04 AM »

No, I wasn't at Reading.

Maybe the BBC assumed it'd be ok because that's the "norm"?

I mean I've seen similar things happen many times. TV channels saying they'll broadcast something and then in the last minute they say they can't.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:09:09 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #622 on: August 28, 2010, 06:06:52 AM »

I think we are going to be in for an awesome Leeds show!!!! ok

best thing about the leeds site is that its not in the city centre like reading......its in the middle of the green stuff, so theres no one to complain about the curfew apart from the wildlife (jackalopes  hihi)

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #623 on: August 28, 2010, 06:10:30 AM »

Well, following this band is never dull......

Still trying to collect my thoughts on the whole thing. By the premature end I was pretty close to the front and had an excellent view all night.

Those who have said the crowd were on side by the end were absolutely correct - unfortunately, it is sad (in my opinion) that some people go to a festival show to boo, or hope an artist fails in some way. Of course, Axl wouldn't give them that satisfaction.

The band sounded tight and particular highlights were Sorry and This I love. I will post more thoughts later but ultimately I would say that at the end the crowd wanted more and that is all any band can really hope for when they leave the stage (no matter how that end comes about).

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #624 on: August 28, 2010, 06:25:10 AM »

Dear Jarmo,

I think the main thing is, is leeds still on being as in 12 hours il be travelling up with many die hard gnr fans can we expect to see the band?

i understand you cant reply directly on the bands behalf but some indication would be mucho appreciated

rock on dude ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #625 on: August 28, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »

I haven't been told otherwise and none of the official band sites state anything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #626 on: August 28, 2010, 06:31:19 AM »

thanks dude ok
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2010, 07:03:20 AM »

Here's a question to mull over... would the power of been cut if they had gone directly into Paradise City INSTEAD of playing Better first?

Looking at the recent setlists, Better has been left out on occasion.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #628 on: August 28, 2010, 07:08:35 AM »

GN'R was amazing when they came on, they rocked everyone and it was awesome. I have to say the performance was out of this world, every song was spot on.

The ending was something I was expecting, the way the festival organiser was creating steam the other day. There was no need to shut down the electric, it was really tacky how they done that to Guns, and it only made the festival seem really ' un rock n roll '.

GN'R showed brilliant strength at the end, and it was a really special thing to witness. Thank you GN'R, you won alot of new fans yesterday, I could tell by the comments around me. I am very interested to know if GN'R will play leeds, as if they won't which they are entitled to do so, by what the festival did, I won't be attending either.

Thanks Axl and GN'R for the ending of unity, and the crowd was with you 100%.  ok

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #629 on: August 28, 2010, 07:09:24 AM »

Was Reading or Leeds the ones that made the curfew statement beforehand?

Both, they are a part of a pair.....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #630 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:39 AM »

Here's a question to mull over... would the power of been cut if they had gone directly into Paradise City INSTEAD of playing Better first?

Probably not.

Seriously. Ten to fifteen minutes more... And the show would've been 100% complete.

I just read that there was still music blasting at the festival at 2am.

/jarmo

DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #631 on: August 28, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »

Probably not.

Seriously. Ten to fifteen minutes more... And the show would've been 100% complete.

/jarmo

Unlikely there was music blasting from the Main Stage though.  The curfew is there in good faith to stop locals getting their lives interrupted in an unfair way.

I wish they'd gone on on time, that crowd looked ripe to be won over and from all accounts the band was purring.  Hope they get to play Leeds!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #632 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:43 AM »

If you go to a festival (or any show for that matter) and is always expecting the worse just to booing or throwing shit on stage, congratulations: you're an asshole prick.

Do you think is disrespectful for waiting? What about trying to ruin the experience for others in the audience by insulting the band or trying to incite a riot?

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #633 on: August 28, 2010, 07:28:15 AM »

Probably not.

/jarmo

Unlikely there was music blasting from the Main Stage though.  The curfew is there in good faith to stop locals getting their lives interrupted in an unfair way.

I wish they'd gone on on time, that crowd looked ripe to be won over and from all accounts the band was purring.  Hope they get to play Leeds!

There was loads of massive tents blasting music, and had people dancing and moshing in them. So it's stupid in my view, and as I said it makes the festival seem really dire.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:36:04 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2010, 07:36:04 AM »

Just seen that video of Axl with his megaphone... hella fucking funny hihi

But I'm now worried that they aren't going to play Leeds! I'm travelling down there tomorrow morning just to see GN'R. Jarmo, if and when you know anything can you please keep us updated... nervous

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #635 on: August 28, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »

At the end of the day they have curfews and laws, my brother who was there said they let them run half an hour over. If they started at the right time it wouldn't of been a problem.

Either way my brother was impressed, I'll have to wait until the O2!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #636 on: August 28, 2010, 07:40:39 AM »

But I'm now worried that they aren't going to play Leeds! I'm travelling down there tomorrow morning just to see GN'R. Jarmo, if and when you know anything can you please keep us updated... nervous

I haven't been told otherwise and none of the official band sites state anything.

Nothing has changed. If I hear otherwise, I'll let you know.

Enjoy Leeds!

/jarmo

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #637 on: August 28, 2010, 08:00:53 AM »

After reading Bumbles tweet they seem in good spirits i hope they look at these boards and see how many people are making a special journey to see them and i hope the megaphone becomes a new feature hihi alway interesting being a G`NR fan ok
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #638 on: August 28, 2010, 08:05:09 AM »

i reli hope they see the message boards, even changed our sleeping pattern as were travling down at 4 in the morning on sunday to get us there for around 10, gne be werid going to bed bout 6 2nite haha, but worth it to see gun n roses reli am excited and hoping they play, there the onli band that can reli end leeds festival, no other band could replace guns n roses, there just amazing and have so much passion in their music . rock leeds gun n roses  peace
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #639 on: August 28, 2010, 08:15:32 AM »

terminator lest we not forget even after my beerathon last night i have plans to ask my mrs to marry me to november rain at leedss it would be awesome so i really hope they play and that she says yes  love hopefully we may see you there
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: