Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 228115 times)
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #540 on: August 27, 2010, 07:39:38 PM »

this is fucking awsome  hihi

this is making me sooooooooooooo buzzed to be going to LEEDS on sunday

Fucking hell yeah. Can't fucking wait me. Grin Grin Grin

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #541 on: August 27, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »

I see two people sitting indian style with one persons head in anothers' lap in the middle of the stage. What the hell went on there?
you mean AXl. Ron and DJ??  Huh

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #542 on: August 27, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »

they are no longer on stage so lets move on to the next festival  Cool
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #543 on: August 27, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »

It's totaly crazy!

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #544 on: August 27, 2010, 07:41:46 PM »

F#$king promoters and city officials. I hate this shit. Good for GNR sounds like at least they made their point!

It's in the middle of a town, the curfew is their out of respect for the local people who are there all year round.

I doubt some of the older folk in the area want to hear blaring music past midnight.

I honestly find it amazing that people bitch about curfews for outdoor shows in populated area. considering the band were there a good 2 hours before they were due to start there is no reason for being an hour late on stage.

it's taking the piss showing no respect to anyone and the organiser did the right thing, to protect his job.

And how much inconvenience doesn't the festival cause the people of Reading anyway?

You make it sound like these outdoor concerts happen in Reading every week.

Yes, in some cases the curfews make sense. In other cases, it's just silly.

By the way, unless you have some first hand information regarding any "delays", I suggest you're careful about making generalizations.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #545 on: August 27, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »

So let me get this straight they went on played past curfew, power was cut, guitars were smashed, songs or talking was done through a megaphone, and PC was done acoustically? If its all true, this has to be the most interesting GnR show I've heard of

Sounds rock n roll...looking forward to Leeds! Hope everyone behaves themselves tonight and we have no 'issues' or crowd trouble.

should be ok for tonight cos its the opening night, its normally on sunday the trouble starts (hard hats and gumshield for leeds then)  Smiley

Yeah, Download 2006 the sunday night there was a lot of shit. Guns finished, we all went to bed (well I was up being naughty outside of our tent) and a few hours later there are Police Carriers going through the camp sites. Shocked

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #546 on: August 27, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »

F#$king promoters and city officials. I hate this shit. Good for GNR sounds like at least they made their point!

It's in the middle of a town, the curfew is their out of respect for the local people who are there all year round.

I doubt some of the older folk in the area want to hear blaring music past midnight.

I honestly find it amazing that people bitch about curfews for outdoor shows in populated area. considering the band were there a good 2 hours before they were due to start there is no reason for being an hour late on stage.

it's taking the piss showing no respect to anyone and the organiser did the right thing, to protect his job.
True, but you had to see something like this coming.  The organizer practically dared Axl.  So Axl in turn dared the organizer, and both of them stuck to their guns (pardon the pun).

It looks like everyone handled themselves as well as you could have hoped though, and we should be thankful for that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #547 on: August 27, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »

haha, what a pic!
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #548 on: August 27, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »

Why do people continue to expect Guns n Roses on time? Guns n Roses are always slightly late and for me (and the other 99% of hardcore guns fans) it just adds tp the hype. They define rock n roll! If you dont like it you are complaining in the wrong place.....BRING ON LEEDS!!!
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #549 on: August 27, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »

who is the one in the middle on the floor with the maroon colored hair
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #550 on: August 27, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »

g is when they do things like that
And how much inconvenience doesn't the festival cause the people of Reading anyway?

By the way, unless you have some first hand information regarding any "delays", I suggest you're careful about making generalizations.

/jarmo

Thats pretty much what I was going to say too Jarmo. My big thing is when they do things like this it brings tons of money into the area. One night of noice won't hurt them! We do town things like that in small America. We are glad for the biz!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »

Who knows if they'll even make it to Leeds? I don't want to be in a crowd of people booing my favourite band on sunday though. I hope some og you lot come and say hi! I'll be wearing the box-set Chinese democracy GNR shirt, and am pretty tall. Come and say hi to me and hopefully we can have a good time despite the morons!

It's inevitable though. Not everyone is gonna like Guns and Axl.

I stood through hours of garbage at Download 2006 just to be at the front for Guns. And I heard shit after shit after shit... from the crowd AND the bands on stage. That Cradle of Filth frontman really was a fucking cock sucker.

And I shall do the same again on sunday. ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #552 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »

OK OK  I admit

that is pretty fucking cool.

i stand corrected.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tastyfish
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #553 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »

I wish I was at the show at the front because its different to the other shows.  If it was the only time I ever got to see them I wouldnt be too happy tho.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »

all the idiots in the crowd WILL be humming SCOM on their way home tonight  Wink

the good thing is its Reading Festival. they DONT riot!!!!
 if they did it would just be a big friendly pillow fight
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:52:54 PM by MR W,AXL ROSE » Logged

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »

/jarmo

The curfew is there out of respect for the local population.

It was made quite clear the curfew would be enforced.

The band were on site at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled stage time

The band took to the stage over an hour late.

I'm sorry but if there were issues why not say straight away, avoid the bullshit that happened at/after the last show.

what I know about the festival is that every year I have been no band has been more than 10 minutes late, none of the other bands on today were late. And i've seen some insane stage set ups there.

i stand by what i said.

i find it amazing people bitch about curfews for outdoor shows, it's taking the piss and disrespectful.

willow and jarmo, it may only be one weekend, but how many people have to wake up to work the next day, how many have young children. just because you aren't inconvienienced by it doesn't mean other people wouldn't be. if you know the curfew is there why push it?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:57:09 PM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

fuck the curfew it happens once a year so the locals should just get ova it and appreciate that its bringing money into the area, also how boring is it to no what time  a band turns up, the crowd goes insane if a band is late as the atmosphere is so intense, rock on guns n roses this is one band that will neva be forgotten for all the right resons, gnr rule, fuck curfews and stupid rules  ok
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »

no tweets from any of the GnR band members yet???
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #558 on: August 27, 2010, 08:00:04 PM »

The band were on site at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled stage time

So?

I bet QOTSA was on stage at that time so they couldn't go on.

Then you have set change.

Suddenly those two hours really don't matter do they?

i find it amazing people bitch about curfews for outdoor shows, it's taking the piss and disrespectful.

That's your opinion. I don't make generalizations.

In this case, it's in Reading. On a weekend. I bet the drunk festival goers who set fire to tents and piss everywhere are just a nice feature. But just make sure there's no sounds after midnight!

willow and jarmo, it may only be one weekend, but how many people have to wake up to work the next day, how many have young children. just because you aren't inconvienienced by it doesn't mean other people wouldn't be. if you know the curfew is there why push it?

Like I said, I bet all those people are affected by the festival in one way or another.

It's still just one weekend of the year.

Do people complain about fireworks on New Year's Eve too?  Huh

GN'R just headlined a major festival in a way no other band would. And people think that's a bad thing....

Huh

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:06:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #559 on: August 27, 2010, 08:06:22 PM »

word jarmo respect looking 4ward 2 sun at leeds lets focus on the good gnr rule great show role on sunday at leeds im so xcited Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: