Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 228127 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »

From Ron Thal:

Chattin w/ old friends today, Randy Allar @ WCSB (Cleveland) & Johnny Verdugo @ Vortex.cl (Chile)... will be in the UK in 72 hours, aahhh!!!

about 1 hour ago via web

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »

I'll be sleeping in Leeds coach station for a bus home at 4:45 am. I'd much much rather do that than ever leave a gig early. Way I see it - I won't remember the few hours spent in a bus station for very long, but I'll remember the gig for a very long time. No contest. As for getting out of the site - who knows!?! Best not to worry about it! There's sure to be some way of getting back into the city centre sooner or later! Most important thing is that it's guns n roses, and we all know they're going to blow us away again! The crowd will probably be full of dim teens shouting 'play sweet child' or 'where's Slash?" but fuck it. When the intro to nighttrain kicks in, there won't be a feeling like it in the world! Never is!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
axleire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »

Did anyone else is tickets not come yet i e-mailed them about them and they never got back too me.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »

it is my first gig ever so i erally dont know what to expect. Getting out is worrying me as its my first gig n all. thats why  we have google maps on our phones Smiley pretty sure google naviagtion onmy htc hero will find me a way!

There lots of trains to kings cross after 12??
ps there 24hour mcds or something in kings cross to hang around in to wait for the train? ( backup plan lol... )

Just hang out at the train station, alot of people probably are going to be waiting for the first train. I wouldn't worry about getting out, loads of people will be walking that way, just follow the crowd. If it helps, print off a map of reading train station and you will see the road that leads to the festival site, it really is not that far.

Don't worry about the typical idiots in the crowd, I've came across alot of them. You are there to see GN'R along with the army of GN'R fans, you are not alone.  Smiley
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »

Did anyone else is tickets not come yet i e-mailed them about them and they never got back too me.

Although there is still time for them to come, I would advise you to keep sending them emails. Or you can have a go at calling them, and see whats up with your order.

see tickets

Our 24 hours ticket sales hotline is 0870 264 3333, our customer service department is 0871 297 0777 (6p per minute) for West End Theatre and 0871 230 0010 for all other bookings.

You can also track your order here, just enter your reference number to see if they have been posted.

http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_tracker.asp
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »

it is my first gig ever so i erally dont know what to expect. Getting out is worrying me as its my first gig n all. thats why  we have google maps on our phones Smiley pretty sure google naviagtion onmy htc hero will find me a way!

There lots of trains to kings cross after 12??
ps there 24hour mcds or something in kings cross to hang around in to wait for the train? ( backup plan lol... )

I have not been to the Leeds festival since they moved. Ordinarily, it takes 30 minutes at least to leave the festival grounds given the size required for everything including the camping.

If you are wanting to see GN'R, catch an early train the next morning, otherwise you will miss everything.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »

anyone going to reading on a day ticket and without a hotel there is a 24/7 cafe just down the road from the main entrance which i stayed in for about 7 hours after rage played reading a couple of years ago, they don't seem to mind people staying there all night as long as you buy something

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2010, 02:13:51 AM »

oo coolo Smiley theres also a mcdonalds open til 5am at the retail park!
where is this cafe you remember what it is called?

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
variant
Headliner

« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »

The BBC is saying that the weather for Reading on friday will be 18 degrees with Sunny Intervals so we can expect heavy showers and a temperature of about 5 degrees...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2010, 01:03:56 PM »

The BBC is saying that the weather for Reading on friday will be 18 degrees with Sunny Intervals so we can expect heavy showers and a temperature of about 5 degrees...

the forecast for leeds on the 29th is dry and sunny 15 degrees  peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
14 years of silence
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »

For anybody that has been to reading before. Is the green parking zone within walking distance of the festival? On the official website it mentions getting a boat?! If you walk how do you get across the thames i guess there must be a bridge?  Huh
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »

try http://media.livenation.co.uk/fido/publishing/content/a/t/t/Read10%20sitemap_6.pdf and http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=scours%20lane&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

To view site and real life map

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
variant
Headliner

« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »

For anybody that has been to reading before. Is the green parking zone within walking distance of the festival? On the official website it mentions getting a boat?! If you walk how do you get across the thames i guess there must be a bridge?

If memory serves you can walk and there is a bridge (I think they have even put additional temporary ones up in the past) but it is quite a walk. Alternatively you can use the boat but there will probably be queus. Are you going for the whole weekend?
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2010, 04:52:44 AM »

I really hope the weather gets better for everyone that`s going it`s crap at the minute! Sad
variant
Headliner

« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2010, 06:18:24 AM »

It's supposed to be getting better for the weekend - bbc is now saying sunny intervals and 19 degress (1 warmer than they said yesterday!  ok)

Forecast only goes up to Saturday so I'm not sure about Leeds.

Heavy rain has also been forecast for tomorrow though so the Reading site may be a bit marshy if you're camping...
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »

Just incase anyone hasn`t got there tickets yet there`s a statement on the leeds and reading facebook page
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »

According to the Leeds website they are supposed to be onstage at 9......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
variant
Headliner

« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2010, 03:30:36 AM »

Anyone got the NME this week yet? Its a Reading/Leeds preview issue and has a feature called "Inside the mind of Axl Rose". Could be interesting, but knowing the NME it will probably just be a badly written, hateful little piece of sarcasm...
variant
Headliner

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2010, 04:00:47 AM »

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/434/friday.gif

Stage times for Reading on friday
variant
Headliner

« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »

Just skipped through the NME article - it actually seems quite positive and tries to set the record staright over a few things. I withdraw my previous comment - apologies NME!

It ends with telling people to be excited for Reading and to be on time - because Axl sure as hell will be!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: