Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 228048 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss 'absolutely confident' of Guns N' Roses playing

Melvin Benn reiterates that Axl Rose and co are still on their way

August 18, 2010

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss Melvin Benn has told NME he is "absolutely confident" that Guns N' Roses will play the events, following Axl Rose's Twitter account suggesting otherwise earlier this week (August 16).

Following a festival spokesperson's confirmation that the band would play this year's festivals following the Tweet, Benn reiterated that Rose's Twitter page was hacked.

"I'm absolutely confident about them showing up," said Benn, before describing what action he took following the publication of the Tweet.

"There were probably four or five emails back and forth between 1am (BST) and 3am Monday morning," he said. "[Guns N' Roses] agent was absolutely clear that it was false ? it wasn't true. I think he was in the UK, but I think he'd spoken to Axl and he came back and said it was a false alarm."

Benn added: "Axl confirmed to the agent and the agent confirmed to us. When you look at the Twitter transactions, Axl's Twittering is pretty infrequent and has generally been from a mobile phone. This wasn't in Axl's style."

The festival organiser said his first reaction to the Tweet was one of "disbelief", before adding that he does not know why it is still visible on the site as of today (August 18).

"I didn't know it was still on," he said. "I don't know why it hasn't been deleted. It certainly is completely untrue."

The Reading And Leeds Festivals take place on August 27-29. Arcade Fire and Blink-182 are the other headliners.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52545

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2010, 03:32:45 AM »

Ron's latest Facebook update:

"Leaving for the UK on Monday, for the GNR TOUR. NOT quitting GNR, don't listen to any trolls and dweebs pretending they have a clue."

Smiley Smiley Smiley

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss 'absolutely confident' of Guns N' Roses playing

Melvin Benn reiterates that Axl Rose and co are still on their way

August 18, 2010

Reading And Leeds Festivals boss Melvin Benn has told NME he is "absolutely confident" that Guns N' Roses will play the events, following Axl Rose's Twitter account suggesting otherwise earlier this week (August 16).

Following a festival spokesperson's confirmation that the band would play this year's festivals following the Tweet, Benn reiterated that Rose's Twitter page was hacked.

"I'm absolutely confident about them showing up," said Benn, before describing what action he took following the publication of the Tweet.

"There were probably four or five emails back and forth between 1am (BST) and 3am Monday morning," he said. "[Guns N' Roses] agent was absolutely clear that it was false – it wasn't true. I think he was in the UK, but I think he'd spoken to Axl and he came back and said it was a false alarm."

Benn added: "Axl confirmed to the agent and the agent confirmed to us. When you look at the Twitter transactions, Axl's Twittering is pretty infrequent and has generally been from a mobile phone. This wasn't in Axl's style."

The festival organiser said his first reaction to the Tweet was one of "disbelief", before adding that he does not know why it is still visible on the site as of today (August 18).

"I didn't know it was still on," he said. "I don't know why it hasn't been deleted. It certainly is completely untrue."

The Reading And Leeds Festivals take place on August 27-29. Arcade Fire and Blink-182 are the other headliners.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52545

I can just imagine Melvin Benns' face when he saw that tweet.  hihi

But I am just so amped up for this show, it can't come quicker. Just like in 02, GN'R are going to own the place. I think these 2 shows are going to be concerts to remember, purely because of GN'Rs' awesomeness.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »

Ron's latest Facebook update:

"Leaving for the UK on Monday, for the GNR TOUR. NOT quitting GNR, don't listen to any trolls and dweebs pretending they have a clue."

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Nice he cleared that up, too bad he had to. Cool

I can just imagine Melvin Benns' face when he saw that tweet.  hihi

Yeah, can you imagine.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:07 PM »

The last time they played Leeds was trule an excellent night. Anyone else that was there then going to be there again? Talked to a lot of people that night, perhaps a few of you will be down the front again?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »

For anyone who is attending the Reading festival and are not sure about locations and how to get there. All you need to know is that as long as you get to Reading train station, you are fine as you can walk from there, it takes about 10 - 15 mins.

No need to worry about transport from the station to the festival as there is really no need, although there may be buses. I know people often scan these boards looking for info who are not registered, so I hope this helps someone out who is not sure.  Wink

And also for Leeds, the coach station (dyer street) is about a 10 min walk from the train station. Then from the coach station, the festival are putting on shuttle buses really frequent (like every 15 mins or so), and there is a charge, you can find it on the website. So again, as long as you can get to Leeds train station and then walk to the coach station you will be fine (or go directly to the coach station). You can also find the shuttle bus timetable on the Leeds festival site.

(and chances are you will need to get the shuttle bus, as the festival grounds are quite a distance away from the stations)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:21:30 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
fra
Opening Act

« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2010, 05:55:00 AM »

thanks for the info.

what about after the gig, do you think it will finish on time to catch the last train to london (which is at about 1am)?

also, do you think i need to book train tickets in advance?

i usually don't care much about this stuff, but this time i'm bringing 2 underage ppl to the festival with me and i don't want to mess it up, their parents will kill me.

ah, and if anyone happens to have 1 spare ticket to sell for friday, i'm looking for 1.

Milan 2006 | London 2006 | Reading 2010 | London 2010 | London 2010 | London 2012 | London 2012 | Dublin 2017 | London 2017
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2010, 06:22:47 AM »

im leaving at 10:30 to get tothe station forthe 11pm train to london
Last half hour i dont care about as ill b watching them in London to .Id advise with kids to leav a bit before11 so your kids wont get crushed by by the stampied leaving the day.

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
fra
Opening Act

« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2010, 06:29:22 AM »

GN'R might not even be on stage yet at that time...

well i guess i'll improvise.
how much would a cab to london cost? let's say north london, where the kids live. ?50?

Milan 2006 | London 2006 | Reading 2010 | London 2010 | London 2010 | London 2012 | London 2012 | Dublin 2017 | London 2017
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »

The last time they played Leeds was trule an excellent night. Anyone else that was there then going to be there again? Talked to a lot of people that night, perhaps a few of you will be down the front again?!
I was there it was great the highlight for me was nightrain outro watchin Bucket tear it up blew me away, it was a few days before the infamous MTV awards appearence. Aint got a ticket for this year though. I just turn up some years and grab one off touts
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

What's the score with parking at Leeds?

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
wadey
Legend

« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »

What's the score with parking at Leeds?

free parking included with price of tix...........but make sure you remember where you park  yes

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »

i was there in 2002 at the barriers and ill be there again headbanger

that was a fucking cool show, not the greatest bootleg ive seen but to be there in person was out of this world  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2010, 11:48:42 AM »

I agree about Nightrain and Buckethead's guitar! Stillstands as THE best time I've heard them play that! See you down the front again?!

For those asking about timing - I seriously wouldn't book stuff. It's highly likely they might not be even on stage by 10:30. Let's face it - they're notorious for taking to the stage late! In fact, I don't think I've seen them arrive on time.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »

I agree about Nightrain and Buckethead's guitar! Stillstands as THE best time I've heard them play that! See you down the front again?!

For those asking about timing - I seriously wouldn't book stuff. It's highly likely they might not be even on stage by 10:30. Let's face it - they're notorious for taking to the stage late! In fact, I don't think I've seen them arrive on time.
At Download 2006, they hit the stage 10 minutes early   smoking !!! Agree with the Leeds comment also.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2010, 01:00:43 PM »

Last half hour i dont care about as ill b watching them in London to .Id advise with kids to leav a bit before11 so your kids wont get crushed by by the stampied leaving the day.

Not a good plan, sorry to say.

You are going to miss a huge portion of the show, and how can you leave when GN'R are performing?.  Roll Eyes
I never understand people like this, book a room if need be, wait in the train station until the first train out the next day. But how someone can walk out of a GN'R show, just to make sure they get home early is just rediculous in my opinion.  Tongue

If you are taking kids I would advise booking a hotel within a taxi ride away, but don't leave early.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:19:24 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »

have you seen the prices for hotels in reading?? there stupidly high!
Ive allrady got a hotel for the o2 area gig (holyday inn Smiley short walk away Tongue )  that was expensive enuth as it is.
#but i guess if worst comes to the worst... ill hang about in the mcds in the retail park Tongue

I was there!!

Reading 2010
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: August 20, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »

but i really do hate the Reading for saying this will be the only gnr gig there is.. otherwise i wouldnt of gone to reading at all..
being around aloa of high teenagers does not sound fun tbh... Sad

I was there!!

Reading 2010
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »

Not a good plan, sorry to say.

You are going to miss a huge portion of the show, and how can you leave when GN'R are performing?.  Roll Eyes
I never understand people like this, book a room if need be, wait in the train station until the first train out the next day. But how someone can walk out of a GN'R show, just to make sure they get home early is just rediculous in my opinion.  Tongue

If you are taking kids I would advise booking a hotel within a taxi ride away, but don't leave early.

Yup, One in a Million is right. Crazyness. Any chance you can hang around in the station afterwards - what you loose in train fare on the Friday you save by not booking accomodation?

I would not expect them on before 10 at the absolute earliest - if they rocked on closer to 11 it wouldn't surprise me. Axl works to his own timetable - we should all be cool with that by now (or at least grudgingly accept it!). I was at Leeds 2002 and it seemed like an epic wait..........but it was so worth it. An amazing show for my first ever GNR gig.

What no one seems to have mentioned on here so far is escaping a festival site at the end of a night of a festival. I did Download 06 as well and both times it takes a long time to get away especially if you are in the middle of the crowd - even if you are not there is always a crush at the end of a set. If you are leaving early (Why???) then ok you can make a quicker get away - but it is still a trek out to the exits and then out to your transport etc.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2010, 04:13:40 PM »

it is my first gig ever so i erally dont know what to expect. Getting out is worrying me as its my first gig n all. thats why  we have google maps on our phones Smiley pretty sure google naviagtion onmy htc hero will find me a way!

There lots of trains to kings cross after 12??
ps there 24hour mcds or something in kings cross to hang around in to wait for the train? ( backup plan lol... )
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:27:13 PM by samoice » Logged

I was there!!

Reading 2010
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: