Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 227920 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

Friday and weekend tickets for Reading are sold out.

There's still Sunday tickets for Leeds on Seetickets, but didn't show up on Ticketmaster.....

http://www.seetickets.com/readingandleeds/

/jarmo

The trouble with Leeds, is that they've got  history of trouble on the last day, hope that doesn't raise its ugly head this year... Sad

they are stepping up security at leeds this year. Im just outside leeds and theres an article in todays paper (yorkshire evening post)

"Extra stewards and security staff will now be on duty at the Leeds Festival, which is being held over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

There will also be a ban on bringing alcohol onto the site after 6pm on the final evening of the three-day event.

The Leeds Festival suffered repeated problems with last-night violence and rioting before moving from Temple Newsam to Bramham Park in 2003.
A total of 37 people were arrested at 2009's event, the majority of them in connection with drugs offences.

Acts appearing at the festival this summer include Arcade Fire, Blink 182 and Guns N' Roses.

* A 19-year-old woman was allegedly raped at Latitude by at least one man after losing her way when looking for a toilet late on Thursday.

The second reported attack took place on a 17-year-old girl in a tent at the festival site on Friday night or Saturday morning. Police say they are not linking the incidents".

heres the full article
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Leeds-Festival-2010-security-to.6430906.jp

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »

Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to this. I keep on looking at the date and thinking, ok we are getting closer and closer.  Grin

Seeing GN'R at a festival is always alot of fun, because at a festival it's like your team coming on and kicking all the other fans teams away.  Smiley
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

Reading has increased capacity and tix are going on sale this weekend:

3,500 extra tix but there's already a waiting list

http://www.gigwise.com/news/57552/Reading-Festival-To-Sell-Extra-Tickets-On-Saturday-July-24

Extra tickets for this year?s Reading Festival are set to go on sale tomorrow morning (July 24).

The 3,500 tickets are being made available after the local borough council agreed to increase the event?s capacity to 82,000.

The festival takes place from August 28-30 and will be headlined by Arcade Fire, Guns N' Roses and Blink-182.

Organiser Melvin Benn said: "I am aware that there is a large waiting list and this will go some way to meet some of that demand albeit there are absolutely no early birds left."

As previously reported on Gigwse, organisers are also set to introduce alcohol restrictions at this year?s festival.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2010, 04:51:27 AM »

Just discovered I'm not going to be able to go to Reading  Cry

So if anyone wants to buy my day ticket, shoot me a pm.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2010, 02:37:35 PM »

Re above, will accept ?80 which is less than I paid for it!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Annie
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

If they ever mail me my day ticket I want to give it away to someone here for free. I cancelled my trip to England because the airfare was too expensive. PM me if interested. I hope it arrives in time to mail it to England from Chicago. I will even send it express. I just hope it gets here, I bought it from viagogo.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »

My Reading ticket has arrived but my Leeds one is yet to come. Does anybody know whether it's normal for the 2 tickets to come seperately, I did order the Leeds one about 2 weeks after my Reading one, so it should be OK I hope.
JAC185
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »

Just found out my GNR nutty friend can not do the London gigs but has got a Reading ticket so I may go down with him and try to get one on the door. The idea of them coming over here and missing them completely is heartbreaking.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »

My Reading ticket has arrived but my Leeds one is yet to come. Does anybody know whether it's normal for the 2 tickets to come seperately, I did order the Leeds one about 2 weeks after my Reading one, so it should be OK I hope.

i just got a confirmation email from seetickets advising me that my leeds ticket will be here by the 19th. i would have thought they would arrive together though

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »

Does anyone have any tips for getting back to Heathrow/London after the Reading show? im planning to get the train there but I believe the trains finish at 23:55 and there are no trains until 4am. I dont want to rush for the last train and potentially miss the end of the show.
I only have the day ticket and want to avoid waiting around till 4am in reading city centre.
Is there a bus that you can prebook or something like that?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »

My two tickets for Friday have arrived and my spare one is now for sale due to a mate letting me down! If anyone wants to buy it drop me a message. 122 quid. I bought it on Viagogo hence the price. It will come with a copy of the receipt to show that was the right price!

Cheers

Mike

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »

Does anyone have any tips for getting back to Heathrow/London after the Reading show? im planning to get the train there but I believe the trains finish at 23:55 and there are no trains until 4am. I dont want to rush for the last train and potentially miss the end of the show.
I only have the day ticket and want to avoid waiting around till 4am in reading city centre.

To be honest, if you have a slow walk back to the train station after GN'Rs finished, due to the crowds and such it will be getting on anyway. My advice is to hang around the festival area for abit, have a nice slow walk back to the station. Then just chill out in the train station, and get some rest. Then catch the first coach or train out, even if it's at 5am, that is probably what me and alot of others are going to do.

Time flies by at events like this so, I would say just go with the flow and don't worry about getting home really early.

(also my Leeds ticket came today, so I have both now.)  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:28:43 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »

To be honest, if you have a slow walk back to the train station after GN'Rs finished, due to the crowds and such it will be getting on anyway. My advice is to hang around the festival area for abit, have a nice slow walk back to the station. Then just chill out in the train station, and get some rest. Then catch the first coach or train out, even if it's at 5am, that is probably what me and alot of others are going to do.

Time flies by at events like this so, I would say just go with the flow and don't worry about getting home really early.

(also my Leeds ticket came today, so I have both now.)  Smiley

I phoned a local cab company in reading and he said to just book a cab in the day and it should be OK. I think that after being there since 11:am I would be dead come 4am the next day.

On another note, any guesses where GNR will be staying? Hotel near reading? or near london?
variant
Headliner

« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »

I hope for the band's sake they are not staying in a hotel in Reading  Grin
Axlashba
Opening Act

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »

my leeds ticket arrived today  beer

trying to arrange a meet for forum members at the leeds festival on sunday at the "carling" beer tent in the main stage area at 5pm !!

anyone interested ?

not sure what to say :/
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »

trying to arrange a meet for forum members at the leeds festival on sunday at the "carling" beer tent in the main stage area at 5pm !!

anyone interested ?

yup as i will b going alone and would love to hang with other gnr fans!! Smiley
im 24 and it my first ever gig thing Sad

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Annie
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »

I am happy to say that my ticket arrived today, and that it's on its way to a happy home. peace
Axlashba
Opening Act

« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2010, 05:48:56 PM »

anyone interested ?

yup as i will b going alone and would love to hang with other gnr fans!! Smiley
im 24 and it my first ever gig thing Sad

cool, im sure us guns fans will look after each other  ok

anyone else ?

not sure what to say :/
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2010, 06:30:31 PM »

There are trains from Reading to Paddington that run after midnight.  One leaves at 0039 and another one at 0110 on Sat 28 if either of them are any good for you.

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »

bah - missed the delivery today - needs to be signed for so I have rearranged it for Thursday

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: