Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:44:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 227955 times)
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »

Just got 2 Reading tickets for the Friday, looks like will have to sleep in the car though. Not doing what we did in 2002 and slept in one of the campsites with no tents or covers, was freezing!

I wouldnt worry about all the idiots posting stuff on the festival forums, it was like that for Donington 2006 and i thought the atmosphere was good when they played.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »

Without knowing anything about the planned dates and/or contracts between the festivals and GN'R...

In 2006, Download was first announced and for a while it was the only UK date. Then they added the whole batch of dates...

And there was the Hammersmith show which was a warm-up for Download...

Why yes, but Guns isn't all about rationality now is it  Grin

I expect more dates, as do most of us. That doesn't mean this is all I will be seeing (at least, I hope it won't be all). Besides, I had plans to go on motorcycle trip to France/Germany, I'll just re-schedule and head the other way, staying in England for about a week.

And look who is talking -Mr. Fly across the earth to see Guns 

Just got 2 Reading tickets for the Friday, looks like will have to sleep in the car though. Not doing what we did in 2002 and slept in one of the campsites with no tents or covers, was freezing!

lol good idea. I did that at Rock am Ring in 2006. I had a tent, but I  couldn't be bothered to drag it to the camp site. Kept engine running for a while, so all was nice 'n warm and I slept tight. Everybody should sleep in their car, camp sites are a nightmare. I keep stumbling over those lines too.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:54:57 PM by Reckless Rose » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »

Yeah, could be that the Reading/Leeds promoter just took a look at GN'R's current tour plan, and saw no other UK dates announced. And then, just assuming their tour plans for this year was complete, he thought the festival would be their only apperance in the UK.

It's more likely that the promoters want people to think that it'll be their only UK appearance, thus ensuring higher ticket sales.  As Jarmo pointed out, that's what has happened in the past.  I can't imagine that they'll come over here just for two shows and think you'll find their own dates will be announced later on when it's not going to affect ticket sales for the festival.

Well yes. Going by my logic, they are (as of today) correct about the statement as well.

If Guns schedule more shows, the promoter would sorta have their backs free since their statement was true at the time they gave it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »

It clearly stated only UK 'festival' appearances! They'll announce dates elsewhere I'd imagine. Hope they return to Ireland, they better

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »

It clearly stated only UK 'festival' appearances! They'll announce dates elsewhere I'd imagine. Hope they return to Ireland, they better

No, not the Billboard article.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »

i dont want to read the whole thread but is gnr headlining the first or last night?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

i dont want to read the whole thread but is gnr headlining the first or last night?
both
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »

first of reading, last of leeds
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2010, 03:54:48 AM »

^^And will you be joining them for KOHD again??!!  Grin
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2010, 04:44:49 AM »

http://forums.readingfestival.com/m799079.aspx

A thread about GNR from casual fan's on the festival forums

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2010, 05:41:03 AM »

^^And will you be joining them for KOHD again??!!  Grin

Ha Ha, i would love the chance.

Jarmo, if you can give Axl the heads up im gonna be there at leeds, im ready for my guest spot again.
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2010, 07:16:42 AM »

I've just been on the leeds and reading forums, generally the opinions are mixed on gnr tbh, but i would say that at least 60% of posts are positive which is good. Same old idiots bangin on about how axl is a twat and slash is god etc.....

Mainly people are saying good things about seeing appetite songs live.

I've joined the leeds forum to add to the positivity lol

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2010, 07:52:52 AM »

never heard of Gogol Bordello but just found this on Youtube  rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYTyfQe-o8

ill be in the beer tent when these hit the stage  beer beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2010, 10:37:52 AM »

I've just been on the leeds and reading forums, generally the opinions are mixed on gnr tbh, but i would say that at least 60% of posts are positive which is good. Same old idiots bangin on about how axl is a twat and slash is god etc.....

I agree, for a festival the response to GN'R on their forums have been pleasantly positive. I just can't wait for all the casual festival goers to be blown away by GN'R, they will realise what a proper band is after they see GN'R rock the place.  yes

Lee
wadey
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »

I agree, for a festival the response to GN'R on their forums have been pleasantly positive. I just can't wait for all the casual festival goers to be blown away by GN'R, they will realise what a proper band is after they see GN'R rock the place.  yes

Lee

and if the casuals think theyre getting to the front they can FUCK OFF headbanger rofl

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »

Might be a case of chinese whispers, I still would say we'll hear an announcement of more dates. A friend just phoned me after hearing a dj on the radio mentioning rumour of an irish gig but no date or venue confirmation as of yet

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »

Might be a case of chinese whispers, I still would say we'll hear an announcement of more dates. A friend just phoned me after hearing a dj on the radio mentioning rumour of an irish gig but no date or venue confirmation as of yet

not all of ireland is U.k though

feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »

Looking forward to Leeds Grin The festival has changed a lot since 2002, a lot of the crowd are trendy idiots who are more interested in being at 'Leeds festival' to try and be cool. However I was watching the videos from 02 and the show looked awesome. Was at donnington in 06 and there were quite a few idiots then, Im sure guns will be the highlight of the weekend though and change a lot of peoples opinions of this great lineup ok
wadey
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »

Looking forward to Leeds Grin The festival has changed a lot since 2002, a lot of the crowd are trendy idiots who are more interested in being at 'Leeds festival' to try and be cool. However I was watching the videos from 02 and the show looked awesome. Was at donnington in 06 and there were quite a few idiots then, Im sure guns will be the highlight of the weekend though and change a lot of peoples opinions of this great lineup ok

yeah 2002 was full of trendies, way more than donny. i think its the difference in music styles between the two festivals that attracts em'

bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »

If we get through cd and jungle without axl stopping the show i think the gig will go great! The hail of bottles worries me! So many twats at leeds. Hoping that the large volume of gnr fans will be enough to prevent them from getting up close!

Proper looking forward to it but just concerned the morons dont ruin the show for us.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: