Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 217139 times)
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #980 on: August 30, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »

Just thought id share my thoughts and stuff from the leeds show last night - was gonna do it earlier but ive been chillin'  yes
these are just the main highlights etc - most of the stuff has already been said

firstly i want to thank the band for a kick ass show last night, everyone gave 200% and i thoroughly enjoyed every second  ok
secondly i want to appologise for not giving updates - i had full battery and full signal but i couldnt get a connection  no

i started making my way to the front when lost prophets were on and by the time they left the stage i was front row at the barriers best seat in the fucking house  yes and i stayed theyre until GnR left the stage, so i must have been at the barriers 7hrs and im pretty much black and blue today
i was wearing my CH DEM listening party shirt (november 23rd - best buy on the back - big fucking star on the front)

the crew started setting up GnR's gear the same time as QOTSA's gear. i noticed a flight case which read "Guns N roses - T12 - B-RIG" and the contents were been unpacked etc, and they didnt finish until approx 21.20 maybe

when Guns hit the stage i started to Video immediately and was hoping to capture loads of footage, but as soon as security noticed they made me stop, there was security everywhere at the front and anyone spotted filming etc were immediatley made to stop

there was the odd dick shouting shit but to be fair there was a lot of Guns fans and we pretty much drowned them out so it didnt matter

Nov rain was great at the end when Axl and Frank were competing for the last note (went on longer than reading)

I managed to touch DJ when he came down the first row (i think it was nightrain)

the rant at the end was completey justified - the festival site is 45mins drive away from Leeds city, and its in the middle of fucking nowhere so why the curfew so early. and some others have mentioned theres fucking Dj tents all over blasting shit out until the small hours so it really is double fucking standards.

when Axl threw the whistle during PC it flew just over my right shoulder and came down about 15 paces away from where i was. when they left the stage and  everyone was leaving i walked to where the whistle landed and guess what.......i found a whisle. im not saying its Axl's but i figured it could be. This is where i need a little help. the whistle i found is made by Sportcraft and is proffessional looking, and its also new
Does anyone know the brand of whistle Axl uses, or has anyone caught one recently. or if anyone caught the Leeds whistle and still has it
any info would be cool thanks

If you was wearing the Best Buy Promo Tshirt I am certain I saw you in the tent right at the back of the festival watching the all Girl Metal band.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #981 on: August 30, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

Anyone have MP3 audio, please? Much appreciated...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #982 on: August 30, 2010, 03:56:15 PM »

If you was wearing the Best Buy Promo Tshirt I am certain I saw you in the tent right at the back of the festival watching the all Girl Metal band.

i hit the "Lock up Stage"  between 2.30pm and 3pm but i never saw the all girl metal band.  im 6ft tall, very short dark hair, had grey hoodie under t-shirt and shorts
i started to hit the main stage area about 3.30pm maybe, someone else could have been wearing one but i wore it cos i thought no-one else would  crying

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #983 on: August 30, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcGHmO9qA4I

can sb hear exactly what is Axl sayin'?

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #984 on: August 30, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »

After watching and listening again (this time with no distractions), I could see how powerful those songs sounded. Street of Dreams sounded just fucking tight and rocking, loved it.

Hope we get better resolution from the TV broadcast. And of course, the whole Leeds gig in proshot, as some people are saying it will be shown. Smiley

wadey
Legend

« Reply #985 on: August 30, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »

After watching and listening again (this time with no distractions), I could see how powerful those songs sounded. Street of Dreams sounded just fucking tight and rocking, loved it.

Hope we get better resolution from the TV broadcast. And of course, the whole Leeds gig in proshot, as some people are saying it will be shown. Smiley

i think Axl will prefer Leeds simply because its was a more complete set with the addition of PC - but then again i would prefer Leeds also  yes

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Insider
Rocker

« Reply #986 on: August 30, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »

i don't care if it's leeds  or reading i only wanna a proshot and if it's hd.. even better

"... Just shut up and sing ...''
wadey
Legend

« Reply #987 on: August 30, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »

just found this on youtube - KOHD from Leeds and im on the fucker at 5.17
best buy promo shirt over grey hoodie, my arm is reaching down the barrier headbanger  ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caG6LsmUSEs

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #988 on: August 30, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »

here is the whole thing on video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYGPVBG6

Fucking rocks, love the scream! Look how is hand is shaking at the start. peace

Same here, lets wait. Band and Axl sound better than ever. Enjoy it while it lasts hm Tongue

Altho, imo Sturgis was the best so far as far as Axl goes.

Just hoping to hear OMG now ;>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:55:05 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #989 on: August 30, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »

This Is What Happens When You Try to Make Guns N' Roses Play on Time
By: Amos Barshad

Before this weekend's Reading and Leeds Festivals, the event's head honcho Melvin Benn made some big noise about hitting the legal curfew by making sure headliners Guns N' Roses would actually show up to sets on time ? despite a long, proud, riot-filled tradition of that never ever happening. ?The stories of Axl Rose turning up onstage late are the thing of legend,? said Benn, ?but I'm led to believe [Axl's] got a new manager and I've been given wonderful assurances it won't be an issue this time.? So did Guns N' Roses actually show up to Reading and Leeds sets on time?

Of course not! Friday at Reading the band went on an hour late, and Benn ? either motivated by vengeance, a potential fine, or a theoretical life-long dedication to rules in general ? cut them off at curfew time. So what happened? GNR refused to leave, pushing forth into ?Paradise City? with only some acoustic guitars and a megaphone. Wow!

Axl then threatened that the band wouldn't play Leeds, but they did ? and again went on late, and again were cut off. Tweeting this morning, Axl writes ?So u know, we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con... We hope the fans feel they got at least what they could from us under the circumstances as 4 us all things considered that's the main thing? (Benn denies any deal being in place). Why is the world so against Axl giving his fans what they want? Sure, if the set had just started, GNR would have finished ? but this is a goddamned rock-n'-roll band! They don't start their shows on time!

Source: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/08/this_is_what_happens_when_you.html

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #990 on: August 30, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »

Guns N' Roses 'enjoy gay club night' after Reading Festival drama

Reading and Leeds 2010 hellraisers Guns N? Roses recovered from their drama-filled British return by bingeing on cheese on toast and partying at a gay club night, Metro can reveal.

Frontman Axl Rose led the session at London?s exclusive Bungalow 8 after a catastrophic show at the Reading Festival on Friday ? turning up on stage an hour late and having the band's instruments switched off by organisers during their set due to late-night noise laws.

But Rose seemed to love the camped-up Royal Jelly night hosted by flamboyant club promoter Henry Conway and drag queen Jodie Harsh ? and went the distance until the early hours.

Realising rock royalty was in his presence, DJ Jim Stanton quickly adjusted his setlist.

Axl Rose at Leeds Festival 2010: 'Be safe, good night and f**k you'

?Jim worked in some rock classics but Axl seemed to love the gay disco tunes anyway and partied on,? said our source.

?It was a bizarre meeting of disco and rock on the dance floor.?

And instead of an Appetite For Destruction, Rose had the munchies for a mature English cheddar.

?It was no trouble. Axl had the melt sent down to the bar and just sat in VIP, munching on the cheesy feast until 5am.?

He was then half an hour late onstage at Leeds that evening, getting the sulk after being turned off for breaching the noise curfew for the second night in a row.

?We come here to play for you but the cops and promoters want to f**k us in the a**,? Rose ranted through a megaphone.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/839478-guns-n-roses-enjoy-gay-club-night-after-reading-festival-drama

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #991 on: August 30, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »

"...for the cops and [he might have said "problems with the"] promoters.. FUCK YOU!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghDrScAujU
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:17:34 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #992 on: August 30, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »

Man, those vids are pretty killer. Axl seems to have gotten some more "umph" in his vocals. He sounded amazing...
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #993 on: August 30, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »

Shocked

beer
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #994 on: August 30, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »

Can't stop watching these four songs.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:07:57 PM by Ulises » Logged

Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #995 on: August 31, 2010, 03:58:24 AM »

"...for the cops and [he might have said "problems with the"] promoters.. FUCK YOU!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghDrScAujU

that reminded me of Get in the ring

classic Axl  Wink

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #996 on: August 31, 2010, 07:08:45 AM »

Here are some of my pics from Reading, most of the Axl ones didnt come out  rant

André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #997 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:01 AM »

Great pics !!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #998 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »

Looks like the pro shot vids have been taken down from youtube by the BBC. 

DAMN!  I only got to see WTTJ.  Which, by the way, still seems to be up for some reason.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #999 on: August 31, 2010, 11:33:36 AM »

Looks like the pro shot vids have been taken down from youtube by the BBC. 

DAMN!  I only got to see WTTJ.  Which, by the way, still seems to be up for some reason.

There was a link to all 4 songs in one file in this thread earlier.... I'm on my iPod so I cant find it
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: