Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 217647 times)
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #960 on: August 30, 2010, 11:33:13 AM »

just letting everyone in the uk know guns will be shown on friday(via the red button) the whole set beer

is this a definite??

Could u give us a source?? Cheers Smiley
sorry only just saw your post they`re showing a headliner everyday (all day) and guns are listed for friday but you access it through the red button not sure if you can get it any other way hope they show leeds but it doesn`t seem to get any coverage!
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #961 on: August 30, 2010, 11:35:05 AM »

That's why us being fans know most if not all the press is just plain bullshit.Even when G N R are late the press say the wait was longer than really was.
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #962 on: August 30, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »

November Rain live on BBC radio 1 now from the gigs. The presenter bigged the lads up  ok

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #963 on: August 30, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »

Hey wait a minute, that was from live era! And the stupid presenter got it wrong, said they got the plug pulled on them at Leeds. Angry
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:49:39 AM by Terminator » Logged

bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #964 on: August 30, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhhFuKSouUo

Some of the rant b4 pc, cant find it all yet!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #965 on: August 30, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »

Hey wait a minute, that was from live era! And the stupid presenter got it wrong, said they got the plug pulled on them at Leeds. Angry
i hate radio 1 put planet rock on instead Smiley
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #966 on: August 30, 2010, 12:01:24 PM »

Good to read some respectable reviews instaed of the "Axl was late and looks fat and old and wears bad clothes" shite I've read elsewhere.

The British music media is fucking pathetic and seems to consist mainly of pseudo-communist, Guardian reading,  trendy indie enthusiasts who think a talented group of musicians playing proper rock music is some sort of bourgeois crime.  No, it's much better to praise mediocre no-marks like Biffy Clyro apparently.

Fair enough it's not exactly great that Axl can't organise himself a bit better to get on stage on or close to the expected time but at least the music's worth waiting for.  That tosser from the Libertines could be an hour early and I'd still think he's a giant cock.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #967 on: August 30, 2010, 12:16:28 PM »

Bit late to the party with my thoughts on Reading but didn't get a chance to post yesterday.  Anyway here ya go...

What the hell has happened to this country?  It was once home to the spirit of rock n roll and provided the womb of creativity for its bastard offspring, punk, but Friday night at Reading showed that it?s well and truly packed its bags and fucked off elsewhere.   I thought we cherished the rebel, the eccentric, the genius, but not today, not when it interferes with the great God Mammon, eh, Melvin.  We?ve become a nation of conformists driven by greed and bound up with red tape and bureaucratic nonsense.  I work with extraordinary people who put their lives on the line for this country and when I?m set the task of making the impossible, possible, I rise to the challenge and bloody well do everything I can to succeed for them.  Axl and Guns are iconic; they?re legends in the music world and Reading was privileged to have them on the bill.  But did they appreciate it?  No, they bloody well didn?t and today I?m ashamed to be British.

The kids around me seemed to have no idea that a live show requires a two-way flow of energy from band to audience and audience to band.  They stood there as if watching a film; is interacting with real people such a challenge to them?  Either this or they were from the ?too cool to show emotion? club of gig-goers.  Who knows?!  Axl, Friday night Reading didn?t deserve you, your band and your special kind of magic.  You?re way too good for the majority of those attending, especially the kids who deify ex-members when they?re not even old enough to have seen the original line up live and who would have been quite happy if you?d played Sweet Child and Paradise City on a loop all bloody night.  It makes my blood boil when they seem happy to wallow in such ignorance and I despair at their narrow, blinkered view of the world at such a young age.  This I Love was a brave inclusion in the set and I admire your guts for doing so.  You and the band gave it your best, as you always do, but sometimes I guess you have to leave those whose prejudices make them deaf to their bland, ball-less bands ? it?s all they deserve quite frankly.

Fortunately, being way too old to be concerned with being cool, I don?t give a fuck what people think of my behaviour at gigs, I let the music in and express it anyway I want.  So, I had a whale of a time hearing the old and new stuff, and was ecstatic to finally hear Sorry and This I Love played live.  (Sorry?s lyrics proving extremely prophetic.)  To say the latter was an emotional experience would be an understatement; as DJ?s guitar wailed plaintively, I felt a huge wave of emotion crash over the footlights, engulf me and soar up into the night sky.  It?s a memory I?ll cherish forever.  I can?t wait to hear more songs I?ve not heard live before and reacquaint myself with the old favourites; has it really been 4 years?!  My next gig is Dublin and it?ll be wonderful to be part of the energy created by an arena full of true Guns fans once more.  Thanks to the band for persevering on Friday and showing the promoter up for the spineless creature he is.  And thanks to anyone who?s bothered to read to the end of this.  Onwards and upwards....  peace

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #968 on: August 30, 2010, 12:29:01 PM »

here is the whole thing on video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYGPVBG6
Could somebody upload it at another server? It says:

"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable".

EDITED: Nevermind, it's working again. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:00:22 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #969 on: August 30, 2010, 01:23:58 PM »

The media in this country is fucked.

I was talking to my uncle about Leeds fest before and he says to me, "oh I hear Guns N' Roses were late and crap". And then when I got home my Dad goes to me "I heard on the news before that Guns N' Roses weren't upto it".

Don't worry, I put them both straight.

It pisses me off though. One massive fuck up at Reading, and the whole weekend gets slated for Guns, for both gigs. The band were fantastic last night. But for some reason, this country's media loves to get on Axl's back and shit on him.

Let me ask you this though... if it were AC/DC and Brian Johnson who took to the stage late, would the media care? What about Metallica and James Hetfield? Perhaps their precious Pete Doherty and his Libertines? Of course they fucking wouldn't. They would write it up as a pro, detailing how the crowd's wait only built the anticipation levels. Oh but because it's GN'R, it was frustration and Axl's shit and wears dodgy clothes. So fucking what. If you don't like it, then fucking lump it.

Bring on the arena shows, where it's just proper Guns fans in attendance and not these indie fags.

(And just for the record, that was not a stab at AC/DC or Metallica, I like both those bands, was just highlighting how GN'R get shat on all the time. But it was a stab at the Libertines. hihi)

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #970 on: August 30, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »

Reading Highlights Show on BBC 3 now

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #971 on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »

Lets hope we get the whole show on friday peace

Banging the same old drum but how good would a DVD be Grin
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #972 on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »

Just got back home as I stayed the night in Leeds.

GN'R once again put on an outstanding show, really breathtaking. The skills of these players are really intense, and I just love watching them up close rocking these songs. Again it's unfortunate that Guns couldn't play longer, but at least they could end with Paradise City.

I agree with Tommy, the festival is in the middle of a field in knowhere, whats the problem. Just like Reading the festival, has to spoil things for no good reason.

Both Reading and Leeds, were amazing and feel lucky to have been to both. Now I can't wait for Dublin, it's a pleasure to see this band, and Axl is a legend.

Thank You Guns N' Roses for an unforgetable weekend.

love
GW2
Opening Act

« Reply #973 on: August 30, 2010, 02:42:07 PM »

Just saw the videos that Blabbermouth posted under Axl's latest tweet. Good god, what a powerful performance. I only saw 3 or 4 vids, but holy hell. What an addition DJ Ashba is to that band! His stage presence is amazing and he actually looks like he beloings up there. No offense to Robin but DJ seems like a much better fit and brings a whole different energy to the band! Cannot wait to see what's next from these guys.........and I'm praying for a NA tour with a stop is Seattle.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #974 on: August 30, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »

Just thought id share my thoughts and stuff from the leeds show last night - was gonna do it earlier but ive been chillin'  yes
these are just the main highlights etc - most of the stuff has already been said

firstly i want to thank the band for a kick ass show last night, everyone gave 200% and i thoroughly enjoyed every second  ok
secondly i want to appologise for not giving updates - i had full battery and full signal but i couldnt get a connection  no

i started making my way to the front when lost prophets were on and by the time they left the stage i was front row at the barriers best seat in the fucking house  yes and i stayed theyre until GnR left the stage, so i must have been at the barriers 7hrs and im pretty much black and blue today
i was wearing my CH DEM listening party shirt (november 23rd - best buy on the back - big fucking star on the front)

the crew started setting up GnR's gear the same time as QOTSA's gear. i noticed a flight case which read "Guns N roses - T12 - B-RIG" and the contents were been unpacked etc, and they didnt finish until approx 21.20 maybe

when Guns hit the stage i started to Video immediately and was hoping to capture loads of footage, but as soon as security noticed they made me stop, there was security everywhere at the front and anyone spotted filming etc were immediatley made to stop

there was the odd dick shouting shit but to be fair there was a lot of Guns fans and we pretty much drowned them out so it didnt matter

Nov rain was great at the end when Axl and Frank were competing for the last note (went on longer than reading)

I managed to touch DJ when he came down the first row (i think it was nightrain)

the rant at the end was completey justified - the festival site is 45mins drive away from Leeds city, and its in the middle of fucking nowhere so why the curfew so early. and some others have mentioned theres fucking Dj tents all over blasting shit out until the small hours so it really is double fucking standards.

when Axl threw the whistle during PC it flew just over my right shoulder and came down about 15 paces away from where i was. when they left the stage and  everyone was leaving i walked to where the whistle landed and guess what.......i found a whisle. im not saying its Axl's but i figured it could be. This is where i need a little help. the whistle i found is made by Sportcraft and is proffessional looking, and its also new
Does anyone know the brand of whistle Axl uses, or has anyone caught one recently. or if anyone caught the Leeds whistle and still has it
any info would be cool thanks
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:53:13 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #975 on: August 30, 2010, 02:51:37 PM »

Both nights, they were just outstanding, and I really mean it.

I am lucky to have seen Guns alot of times, and I can tell that over the time, they have gelled. DJ is cool as hell, and interacts with the audience, he even nodded at me when he came over to my side of the stage.

Even my friend said that every other band on the festival bill for Reading and Leeds, are not even remotely in the same league as GN'R. And he is right, no other band matches them and never will.

I love it how they just come on, and tear the place down. They always are and will always be the best live act to see ever, and people know this when they see GN'R.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »

Jungle on BBC3 - through my hifi FUCKIN' AWESOME ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »

Jungle on BBC3 - through my hifi FUCKIN' AWESOME ok

That was even better seeing it on my tv screen. Cheesy ok

demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #978 on: August 30, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »

Watching the 'home movies' on youtube.

Where all these critic are getting the band was boo'd off stage is ridiculous, the same old lies and video never lies
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #979 on: August 30, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »

what a fucking show!!!!!! enjoyed every minute of GNR even though i was fucking freezin my tits off in shorts!!!!

BBC 3 news just had a short report sayin something like "Guns N Roses declared war with the promoters of the reading an leeds festival after they cut theirr set short for the second time. they even swore at the promoters"

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: