Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 217651 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #940 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:59 AM »

here is the whole thing on video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYGPVBG6

Is this real? 150MB for Reading and Leeds?

It's just the 4 songs from Reading that were broadcast.

Still well worth having/seeing of course.

And there goes the challenger...
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #941 on: August 30, 2010, 07:13:24 AM »

Fantastic show, the best I have heard Axl and the boys! His voice was outstanding and I was stood right at the front on the barrier. No issues all show, crowd was well behaved apart from some idiot who lit a flare and got dragged out by his head:) It wouldn't be a guns show without a rant (about the encore) and when the encore started Fernando was at the side of the stage laughing next to a police officer didn't look so amused! I'm sure some body will find some negative shit to say but it was truly amazing and even the neutrals loved it! Funny bit where Frank and Axl were trying to end November Rain and both were trying to play the final part, Axl introduced Ron saying 'before he(Frank) hits those fucking drums again!'. Axl was smiling all show and seemed to be enjoying himself. awesome!!!!!!*****
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #942 on: August 30, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »

Not as negative as it would first appear http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/latest-entertainment-news/Axl-ends-set-with-foulmouthed.6501673.jp

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
DCReed
Headliner

lorem ipsum

« Reply #943 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43:06 AM »

WTTJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IxO1aQRWo

TIL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRlvzF0Xobs

SOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGmmTRE_Vw

Axl Solo & NR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRtkArw_TFo

Thx MeanBone

Rapidshare SUCKS!!!!
Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #944 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:25 AM »

I have been waiting ALL day for this footage, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  peace Shocked ok beer

Townsville 1st December 2010
Sydney 4th December 2010
Adelaide 7th December 2010
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #945 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »

God damn I needed that sleep. What an awesome fucking day that was.

I stood at the main stage from 12pm and stood through bands I'd never heard of, mostly who were crap. Although I have to say I enjoyed NOFX and had some slight enjoyment out of Biffy Clyro. QOTSA just didn't do it for me. But I was there to see GN'R and standing there for 9.5hrs was worth it. I managed to fight my way to the barrier by the end of QOTSA so I had the best seat in the house in time for Guns. ok

Gotta say, I didn't hear any negativity towards Axl/the band all day. Even the wait between QOTSA finishing and Guns coming on, the boos only started about 15 mins prior to the start of the show (and all completely disappeared when they did take to the stage).

That was the 4th time I'd seen the band and I have to say, this line-up is slick. It's tight. All the guys have a close on stage rapprt and they're all smiling and enjoying themselves. Richard was smiling like a school girl, Ron was cool as fuck, and DJ... well he is one awesome MF. Not just a talented guitarist, but one who loves the fans too. He came over to my side of the stage quite a lot and had a big great smile on his face everytime. I Gave him double bulls horns and thumbs up everytime and he responded by flicking one of his picks out towards me. Unfortately I didn't get it, dunno where it went. Sad

It was a great set. I loved the fact that they played This I Love, Street of Dreams and Sorry because they're the 3 most meaningful songs to me off Chinese Democracy, that basically describe the last 2.5yrs of my life exactly down to a tee.

I phoned my mate during Sweet Child so he could listen and was told to put my phone away or it would be conviscated because you're not allowed to record. I was then told to stop taking photographs... after I'd taken like 20 already. Huh Huh

All in all a fuckin' great show anyway. DJ came down the front of the crowd during one song, Nightrain I think, not sure though. I managed to touch his arm. Cheesy

I loved Axl's rant at the promoters. He started by saying that the band had been guaranteed until 11.58 however now they were being told their show was over. Tommy had a little rant too, saying how it was in the "middle of a fuckin field ion the middle of nowhere, who gives a fuck?!!" Back to Axl... "Well we're gonna play you one more song. This war ain't fuckin' over yet." Cue Paradise City. And then the show was over... but one last word from W. Axl Rose: "To the cops and the promoters, FUCK YOU!!" Cue MASSIVE fucking crowd cheer Grin Grin

I have to say though, something isn't right with that curfew. As I walked back to my car through the camps, there was still music blasting from stalls and vendors and the Alternative stage still had a band playing. And it took me a good 40 minutes to get back to my car anyway. So if they can all play, what's the bother in the main stage playing for another 30 mins? Absolute fucking madness. Axl will never play Leeds/Reading again. I just hope it doesn't affect him playing others, such as Download, because I love the whole festival atmpshere.

Anywho, bring on Manchester! ok
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:20:24 AM by Terminator » Logged

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #946 on: August 30, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »

Well, I was at Leeds last night, so here's a lil review:

First, the bands on prior to GnR... hmm... Young Guns & A Day To Remember. Useless. Billy Talent. Pretty Enjoyable... Might look into an album. Gogol Bordello. Entertaining, already knew a few of their songs and have an album, so I enjoyed that! NOFX. Good for a laugh. Couple of Axl/GnR jokes, all in good fun. Lostprophets. I don't think I'll ever understand their popularity. Biffy Clyro. Good, but I expected more... Throwing his speaker off the stage was pretty cool. QOTSA. "Best band in the world" according to a couple of the previous bands. No they are not.

I had a decent spot, one person off the barrier, out to the left (as you look at the stage). GnR came on around 9:30, before that there was a bit of booing whilst the crowd waited, nothing seemed malicious, and when the intro to CD the crowd seemed really positive. The band sounded really fantastic, although from where I was stood Axl's vocals sounded a little quiet to begin with (I think this was due to my position, I've spoken to some people who were there all weekend and said they found the same thing happened with Paramore who they were at the front for... They were further back for GnR and said the vox were fine). The crowd lapped up the AFD trio following CD, and Sorry went down really well too. Axl sounded especially incredible on sorry... I thought that he sounded his best on the new songs, would be interested to see what anybody else thought about that... Complete guess but my theory is he enjoys playing the new songs a bit more than the old... That being said he sounded pretty fantastic all night...

The guitar solos were a lot of fun, especially BBFs Pink Panther solo! I have to say, all three were really really good, but BBF is the man! His November Rain solo blows me away! Talking of NR, I'd avoided all the Youtube vids, and only read reviews of the recent shows, so I didn't know that Axl actually sung parts of Another Brick In The Wall, was a nice surprise!

My highlight of the night, surprisingly (i've always enjoyed this song, but it's never been a standout for me...) was KOHD! It was pretty beautiful!

It was a shame that the gig had to end early, and it sounds like the band and fans were screwed out of a couple more songs (Better, Maddy maybe Patience??) which is a shame since I still haven't heard a 'proper' version of Better (Download '06 with a stationary Axl lol and Newcastle '06 no Better at all!)... October?

Paradise City closed the show of course, and was as good as ever.

Totally positive crowd, the new songs went down really well, and the classics had a lot of people singing every word. Huge cheer for the "Fuck You" to the promoters/police at the end!

All in all, I'd say that this was the best I've seen GnR in terms of performance... Here's hoping the October shows are just as good, and the boys are allowed to play all the songs that they want to!! Love this band!!  peace

EDIT: Thanks to the person who uploaded the Reading vids!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #947 on: August 30, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Thanks for the videos meanbone and audio esteban! Smiley

Thank you guys for the reviews. I always enjoy reading it and it seemed like an awesome gig.

figurrinha
« Reply #948 on: August 30, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »

I am in the expectation so that it has left the entire show, but find difficult.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #949 on: August 30, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »

Thanks for the videos meanbone and audio esteban! Smiley

Thank you guys for the reviews. I always enjoy reading it and it seemed like an awesome gig.

you're welcome Smiley

i hope leeds becomes available soon as well. Great performance by the band in Reading!

Chinese Democracy!
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #950 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:27 AM »

Just got home from leeds, amazing show! Poor Festival!

Firstly this is my 5th gnr show and 2nd of the 2010 tour, this performance was outstanding. I was in  Helsinki earlier this year and they were just as tight and appeared to be enjoying themselves on stage.

Axls voice was spot on. Album perfect. Far superior to 2006/2007 in my opinion.

We stood at the front, 10m or so from the barriers. The crowd was extremely mixed, lots of gnr fans and lots of little 16-18 year old pricks with little or no interest in doing anything other than causing shit. I have never experienced mosh pits before during sweet child of mine! They really pissed me off tbh. (during the whole festival and the show)

Crowd started getting restless after about 15 mins of waiting, pricks around us chanting who the fuck is axl rose, we want slash etc.. booing... the usual shit! There was a lot more of it than at the other 4 gigs i've been to.
As for the band coming on late, the stage was not completely set up until at least 9:20. The band came on at 9:30. This isn't fucking late! GNR has a complicated stage set up never mind just the tuning of instruments etc...of course it is going to take nearly an hour to get things going. QOTSA were done just before half 8.

CD went down well but Jungle made the place go fucking mental, mosh pits crowd surfing etc... mental. After the first few songs all the haters that were chanting slash etc had shut the fuck up and were well into it for the entire gig.

The sound mix was better than the Helsinki show this year, Axls voice appeared higher up in the mix but this may have been just where i was standing. My mates were stood half way back in the arena and said the sound was great.

All the hits were well received, the crowd went mad for kohd, scom, ycbm, rocket queen, nr etc..... the new songs were also very well received. The solos also went down well but they do slow the pace of the show which some people find annoying, especially when time is an issue.

Axl had some serious energy throughout the show, running back and forth like a 20 year old. Vocals were awesome! Dj really is a star, the man is all over the place, loved the climbing of the stage rigging during PC. Ron tried to say something to the crowd before and after his solo but the mic did not work. Tommy looked very drunk! Frank is a real character and the crowd loved him, the coolest mofo in the band apart from axl of course!  hihi

Loved Axls rant at the end prior to the encore and after PC. The crowd were chanting we want more and booing the promoters both after Nightrain and PC.  The show really did go down very well even with the idiots at the front chanting for slash etc at the beginning.

I didn't hear or speak to anyone last night or this morning that didn't enjoy it.

The arena was very busy for guns, busier than for QOTSA.

Overall an excellent GNR show, great atmosphere and a full set apart from short encore due to time restraints. AXL and the band were on top form. Anyone who did not enjoy the show was never going to, they must have a serious grudge against axl and quite frankly should not bother to watch if they hate him so much!

So far i haven't read a good review which is no surprise to me! The press in the UK are totally biased and literally are guilty of false reporting. Unfortunately most of the people who write and review music do not appreciate old school rock. The headline on radio 1 was Guns N Roses forced to end show early again because they went on late. The times reporter claims the reading show was the worst headline act he has ever seen. Due to this false reporting people seriously misjudge Guns N Roses and AXL. Fuck them, 10/20 thousand people at the front chanting for more is a good enough review for me, strange how they didn't hear that. There was literally nothing bad you can say about last nights show. I can understand some people being negative about Reading but certainly not leeds. My Wife and my friends girlfriend both thought GNR were the best act of the weekend and Axl the most impressive frontman, this is coming from 2 people that were more excited about Dizzy Rascal.

Due to the false reporting some people i spoke to on sat / sun at leeds actually thought axl only played 10 minutes at reading then walked off. Total nonsense.

Out of the 5 shows i have seen this one was certainly in my top 2 along with Rio Lisbon 06. To be honest i haven't seen a bad GNR show, they are all great. But i will always remember this one due to the Reading issue and wondering if they would or wouldn't turn up etc! Then pulling off an awesome show with a big Fuck You to the promoters and cops, Axl is the man! This was a proper Guns show! This was proper rock and roll and what this band was and is all about.

In my eyes after this weekend, they have absolutely proven they are still the most unpredictable, dangerous but fucking awesome band in the world and will go down in history as such.  

A quick note about the festival itself. I was there for 4 days, it was not for me. I've done download and various other 1 day festivals in numerous countries over the years and this was not for me. Mainly due to the crowd it attracts, out of the 60k plus people i'd say 30k were between 16 and 18. They were mental, to the point of being unpleasant. I've never seen so many people in a mess and acting like total wankers in my life. I'm a big drinker, we got through some serious booze this weekend and had a great time but the behaviour of some of these people started to bother me big time after a few days. just to anyone thinking of going to reading or leeds in the future, bare this in mind before going. The tent burning and general idiots were out of control last night. Thankfully the marshals etc  were pretty spot on, they needed to be!

The other acts: blink were entertaining! Limp Bizkit was good, QOTSA poor, very dull band live. Biffy clyro attracted a big crowd but are not really my thing. Pendulum were good, like a modern prodigy! Enter shikari were better than i thought. Paramore were disappointing, an extremely dry performance.  

Right, off to read more negative reviews of another awesome GNR show!

edit: forgot to comment on the curfew issue. Thursday to Sunday every night the festival has a massive party with huge bass blaring until THE EARLY EARLY hours of the morning. They also have DJ tents around the camp sites that are fucking loud, again with huge levels of bass. I can't imagine why they are allowed to have these organised parties etc and for the smaller stages to continue playing sets way beyond the main headliners curfew, it just does not make much sense to me. Leeds really is in the middle of fields miles from anywhere. Reading is a little different. I general, i find it strange that we have curfews prior to midnight at a rock festival. Sums up a lot of what is wrong with the UK today!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:55:54 AM by bangit » Logged

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #951 on: August 30, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »

Also, can I just say how much better this band is without Robin Finck. Nothing personal against the guy, but his style didn't fit Guns and he was a sloppy player. Looking back at my posts from the three '06 shows I saw, I said the same back then.

DJ Ashba is one fucking hell of a player. He hits all the right notes, he fits into the band exactly and he participates with the audience. The guy is fantastic. Climbing on the fucking stage rigging during Paradise City. Yeah!! Grin Grin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:03:17 AM by Terminator » Logged

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #952 on: August 30, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
variant
Headliner

« Reply #953 on: August 30, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »

Where did the SOD and TIL videos come from? I recorded the BBC3 show last night but only saw WTTJ and NR...  Huh
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #954 on: August 30, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

they played them later on ok

Here Today..
figurrinha
« Reply #955 on: August 30, 2010, 10:36:56 AM »

Where did the SOD and TIL videos come from? I recorded the BBC3 show last night but only saw WTTJ and NR...  Huh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/gunsnroses/
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #956 on: August 30, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »

just letting everyone in the uk know guns will be shown on friday(via the red button) the whole set beer

is this a definite??

Could u give us a source?? Cheers Smiley

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
figurrinha
« Reply #957 on: August 30, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »

just letting everyone in the uk know guns will be shown on friday(via the red button) the whole set beer

serious? where you were knowing of this?
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #958 on: August 30, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »

the chemistry in the band is just amazing - and the extended outro to NR was awesome - never heard sth that long before

anyone noticed the blonde girl singing along to NR? what a passion !

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #959 on: August 30, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »

Just arrived back home from Leeds.
I saw a Helicopter just taking back off at around 7:55PM Straight away I thought Axl is now in attendance!!
The band was fantastic and it looked as though everyone was having fun.
Great, Great show.

One thing I am fucking sick off though is all the negative press.... every report or 'review' I have read today say's along the lines of 'Axl/Guns N' Roses was 30 minutes late' - Bullshit. Me and my mate timed it the crew finished off setting up the stage at 9:20PM (Now are they just suppose to come on stage ad try and play whilst they work round them?!) GNR arrived on stage 5 Mins later.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: