Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 218894 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #720 on: August 29, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »

So will the Guns N' Roses fans who purchased tickets and spent money on this show tonight get to see Guns N' Roses?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #721 on: August 29, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »

If people are so worried about them being late why do they stick around? Nobody forces them to stand there and wait

Why?

Because they want to see GNR and they know they will get a kick ass show.... Sure they will boo for the first 3 songs to let Axl know they weren't happy about waiting, but after that they rock out until the plug gets pulled, and sing the final song themselves
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #722 on: August 29, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »

So will the Guns N' Roses fans who purchased tickets and spent money on this show tonight get to see Guns N' Roses?

DJASHBA

Looking forward to a great show tonight at Leeds Festival!! Hope to see ya all there.
2 minutes ago via web

/jarmo

I'd say so!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #723 on: August 29, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »

DJASHBA

Looking forward to a great show tonight at Leeds Festival!! Hope to see ya all there.
2 minutes ago via web

/jarmo

I'd say so!

Unbelievable. Ok... I hope for the sake of the people that paid their hard earned money that it becomes true.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #724 on: August 29, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »

Its like those whinney bastards who go to football matches and leave early to avoid the traffic, even worse when they deny "real" fans the opportunity of getting a ticket, those that wait until the end. Fuck those twats who moan about starting late, if you don't like it fuck off, save your bitchin' for things you can't do anything about. With Guns, you pays your money and gets what your given, that's the deal, more often than not you'll say, that was great  beer

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #725 on: August 29, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »

From Del James' facebook:

Dizzy, Frank, and Tommy outside the hotel in Leeds.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #726 on: August 29, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »

The best thing about Reading is you guys quit bitching about Sturgis where I had a really good time and probably could have been there the rest of the night listening to the band if everybody hadn't been so worried about the time.  What anybody failed to realize is it was time for GNR to play and whatever else was going on in life could just fucking wait!  

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #727 on: August 29, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »

Love it  drool

Reminds me a pic from 06/07 with Finck, Tommy, Dizzy and someone else (Fortus maybe?) all just shooting the shit by some local pub... First time you got to see the guys off duty!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #728 on: August 29, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »

Its like those whinney bastards who go to football matches and leave early to avoid the traffic, even worse when they deny "real" fans the opportunity of getting a ticket, those that wait until the end. Fuck those twats who moan about starting late, if you don't like it fuck off, save your bitchin' for things you can't do anything about. With Guns, you pays your money and gets what your given, that's the deal, more often than not you'll say, that was great  beer

So, So True man! I freaking hate people that leave events early! Why the hell did you come if you weren't staying for the whole thing? Its rude too everyone. They can all make the excuse that they have to work in the morning or the kids need sleep. Whatever. Once night with little or now sleep won't effect your job that much. Live a little! And I am one that normally sleeps at least 8 hours a night. I still managed to drive 13 hours home after 45 minutes of sleep after Sturgis. Didn't hurt my ass!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #729 on: August 29, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »

So looking @ the past 2 nights, the headliners were scheduled to take the stage @ 9:30 local time, but GNR is 9pm... YOu'd think they'd at least list their time @ 10pm hihi

Anyway for those interested local time @ Leeds is:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_GB.aspx
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #730 on: August 29, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »

Just got out the frontrow mayhem of lostprophets...... Madness!!!!!

A lot of anti-GNR goin on but plenty of our soldiers here to fight the war!!!!

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #731 on: August 29, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »

I like the fact Frank has a H+M bag!
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #732 on: August 29, 2010, 03:00:43 PM »

Just got out the frontrow mayhem of lostprophets...... Madness!!!!!

A lot of anti-GNR goin on but plenty of our soldiers here to fight the war!!!!

aha the same happened at reading when i was at the front row all day ( near the right Cheesy if anyone was there!! ) near the basss... was  awsome , but full of fuking teeny boys! Reading bunch wer a bunch of pussys.
Half of them couldnt understand why i was rocking out to the gutiars wails of queens of stoneage rather than Biffy Ciro... or whoever the old fucker was.

Good luck guns at battling the north!

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #733 on: August 29, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »

I remember going to my first Leeds in 2000 and despite being 21 remember loads of really young kids down the front not having a clue about Primal Scream, Limp Bizkit or Foo Fighters.

Sadly, at the moment, England still has a generation of kids who worship The Libertines and it sounds like there are loads of them at Leeds/Reading this weekend. I was watching their set this online earlier and their ability as musicians was all over the place.

Roll on Guns!

Be Aware of Legacy
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #734 on: August 29, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »

I remember going to my first Leeds in 2000 and despite being 21 remember loads of really young kids down the front not having a clue about Primal Scream, Limp Bizkit or Foo Fighters.

Sadly, at the moment, England still has a generation of kids who worship The Libertines and it sounds like there are loads of them at Leeds/Reading this weekend. I was watching their set this online earlier and their ability as musicians was all over the place.

Roll on Guns!

Did you watch saturdays headliner alknie trio?? omg wat was that all about :|
people moan when gnr had loads of musicians but that took the piss... the same thing over n over...

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #735 on: August 29, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »

woops Shocked what i was about to say was i`ve not seen anyone who looks over the age of about 22 when you get a film of girls telling you about what there wearing and that they had to straighten there hair you know it`s not really a G`NR crowd. i must admit i`m feeling a little nervous tonight just hope they put in rocking performance  ok
variant
Headliner

« Reply #736 on: August 29, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »

Whatever hapens tonight or in the press over the next few days (I think normal service maybe resumed in the NME this week) I just want to say that after the Reading gig I really cant fucking wait until October!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #737 on: August 29, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »

Any updates on whos on the stage??

I'm guessing QOTSA are done?
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #738 on: August 29, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »

Whatever hapens tonight or in the press over the next few days (I think normal service maybe resumed in the NME this week) I just want to say that after the Reading gig I really cant fucking wait until October!
you`re probably right i hadn`t bought a copy of NME in years till last week .something else thats on my mind is that we haven`t heard anything from melvin benn  i have a feeling he`ll find his voice after the band play tonight of course
variant
Headliner

« Reply #739 on: August 29, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »

What time they due on tonight? It 21:15 in the UK now....
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: