Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 227701 times)
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #680 on: August 28, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

what the fuck, jarmo is that true tommy put that if so we are in 4 a treat get in the ring melvin il kick your bitchy little ass punk, fab , tyerminator are you there 2mz brother i will email you when the shows over dude
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #681 on: August 28, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »

Tommy says "Right this Leeds gig is really gonna kick off, lets see, Out to get Me -check, Don't Damn me-check, Shacklers-check, Get in the Ring-check.., that should get 'em pumped up....."

where is that from?

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #682 on: August 28, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »

No, I'm not.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to follow a GN'R concert EVERY DAY, i'm not looking forward for a cancelation.

But we have this Tommy's tweet on one side and a video of Axl saying that they won't play at Leeds (and the band supporting that statement giving an applause) on the other one. You have to admit that is a confused situation...

The band wouldn't go to Leeds if they weren't planning to play. Its grim up North...... Cheesy

oi we rock harder up north  Grin
tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #683 on: August 28, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

damn straight richwoman we drink harder party harder and rock harder fuck yes guns rock the shit out of leeds your my boys
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #684 on: August 28, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »

@RichardFortus

# I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it, 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

the best answer to the events in Reading !

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #685 on: August 28, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »

So they are definitely playing at Leeds then?

wadey
Legend

« Reply #686 on: August 28, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »

So they are definitely playing at Leeds then?

Yes- They were never not playing Leeds  peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #687 on: August 28, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »

Pay attention to what Richard Fortus tweeted.... It's all true!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »

It sure is, and I fucking love it :-)

StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

Havent slept much yet, was so hyped up after this gig...!  Those who were there have summed up well so far.  There was some restlessness in the crowd before they went on , but I think after WTTJ, the crowd were loving it.  I sure as fk was!
I love this band - Guns n' Roses are quite simply one in a million.  Sorry and TIL sounded particularly amazing.  And SOD too. Rain during November rain  Grin We in the crowd shouted, chanted, clapped and supported them wholly and completely all the way and esp at the end in a bid for more.  Hard to tell when you're in a big crowd, but there was loud and absolute support for Guns to keep playing where we were.  All i could hear was "one more song" "let them play" "axl axl axl" ringing in my ears...  I have some pics, will post later.
Huge props to GnR for coming into the crowd and thanking the fans at the end - it was brilliantly weird and wonderful to be singing paradise city to them! Bless you ron with your acoustic guitar, we could all see you all wanted to play for us.
Had a great time with you people I met from here and hanging with you at the gig, what a fkn blast. I love that they played this shit-hole of a festival. Always amusing to see the whinging dickheads the first out with the cameras the second axl appears and start yelling for sweet child..
Cant wait to see them again in oct... rock n roll at its absolute finest.

Lucky you having seen all that! I wish I'd been there too!

I just love the band so much right now, not least because of what Richard just tweeted, he managed to capture the essence of it all  love The way the band sticks together... one for all and all for one.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
wadey
Legend

« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »

Residents "not bothered" by festival's late running

most of the residents actually enjoy the music  peace

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/roundup/articles/2010/08/28/48140-residents-not-bothered-by-festivals-late-running-/

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #691 on: August 28, 2010, 04:53:10 PM »

@RichardFortus

# I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it, 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

the best answer to the events in Reading !

First Dj now Richard.  Nice to get these Twitter posts.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #692 on: August 28, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/roundup/articles/2010/08/28/48140-residents-not-bothered-by-festivals-late-running-/

Amazing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #693 on: August 28, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »

Amazing....

/jarmo

The curfew is just political nonsense, it councils wanting control in anyway possible, they want people to play to there rules and dance to there tune.

Thanks Giant Robot...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #694 on: August 28, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

No.

Read the thread....

From Tommy's twitter:

@EddieValentine unless you know something i don't. i'm fuckin playing leeds tomorrow.lol

/jarmo

Hope that's true because Axl said Leeds is off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpEiwl99ts
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #695 on: August 28, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »

Tommy was also there, remember?

He posted his tweet after the show...

/jarmo

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #696 on: August 28, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

Short review and photos from BBC site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/gunsnroses/

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #697 on: August 28, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »

No.

Read the thread....

From Tommy's twitter:

@EddieValentine unless you know something i don't. i'm fuckin playing leeds tomorrow.lol

/jarmo

Hope that's true because Axl said Leeds is off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpEiwl99ts

Heat of the moment, and he was obviously pissed off. He is allowed to change his mind after all...
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #698 on: August 28, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

Nice Sweet Child vid (sorry if already posted!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytn5lOaV-SU
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #699 on: August 28, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »

Havent slept much yet, was so hyped up after this gig...!  Those who were there have summed up well so far.  There was some restlessness in the crowd before they went on , but I think after WTTJ, the crowd were loving it.  I sure as fk was!
I love this band - Guns n' Roses are quite simply one in a million.  Sorry and TIL sounded particularly amazing.  And SOD too. Rain during November rain  Grin We in the crowd shouted, chanted, clapped and supported them wholly and completely all the way and esp at the end in a bid for more.  Hard to tell when you're in a big crowd, but there was loud and absolute support for Guns to keep playing where we were.  All i could hear was "one more song" "let them play" "axl axl axl" ringing in my ears...  I have some pics, will post later.
Huge props to GnR for coming into the crowd and thanking the fans at the end - it was brilliantly weird and wonderful to be singing paradise city to them! Bless you ron with your acoustic guitar, we could all see you all wanted to play for us.
Had a great time with you people I met from here and hanging with you at the gig, what a fkn blast. I love that they played this shit-hole of a festival. Always amusing to see the whinging dickheads the first out with the cameras the second axl appears and start yelling for sweet child..
Cant wait to see them again in oct... rock n roll at its absolute finest.

Lucky you having seen all that! I wish I'd been there too!

I just love the band so much right now, not least because of what Richard just tweeted, he managed to capture the essence of it all  love The way the band sticks together... one for all and all for one.

What Richard said was awesome - this post is so damn true. One of the many things that was great about last night was the attitude of each band member to win over an audience who frankly didnt deserve any time wasted on them. I was just right of centre quite close to the front and DJ spent a lot of time down in front of us. There was one moment when some d***head threw something at him when he was down playing in front of one of the side screens. DJ gave him the finger, then the stare then carried on. He was soon back looking for the spineless asswipe and absolutely revelled in putting everything into his performance and showing that 12yr old up - true rock n roll spirit. Axl, Tommy, Frank they were all focussed on doing a great job - Richard too, and now he has summarised it all in those tweets.

An unforgettable night for many reasons.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: