Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ Reading/Leeds Festival! UPDATE: Setlists n' pics in 1st post  (Read 227841 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #600 on: August 27, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »

Hi all, just got home and killer tired.  But just wanted to say, that was MENTAL.  Gnr were killer, seemed really on fire and after they had played WTTJ the crowd seemed won over (to me).  I couldn't hear much boo-ing of the new songs, everyone was singing to the old songs, couldn't see many people leaving during the set. 

And the ending...just to add what I saw, Axl said something (i couldn't make it out) and stormed off at the end of Nightrain, but they basically finished it (solo-ing etc).  He then came out with his mic and appeared to have a rant, but it was turned off so no idea if he was slagging off the council or what.  He looked pretty angry though.  After that, they started playing Better but only DJ's guitar was working, and the drums (obviously).  No mic's or anything.  After that, they got pissed and started trashing the stage a bit, kicking mic's and stuff.

Then, people started singing Paradise City of their own volition, then Axl joined in/tried to direct it.  And then, Bumblefoot went and got an acoustic guitar, and obviously started playing it,although we couldn't hear it.  They then went and lay down on the stage, as seen in the pics, then the megaphone was bought and we started PC again.  After that, Axl and a couple of the other guys (Tommy I noticed, but maybe others) came and high fived the crowd. 

Throughout all this, the crowd was being supportive, chanting that they wouldn't budge, singing PC, and generally trying to get them allowed to finish.

At some point, DJ's guitar was working, but only the amp, no PA or anything.  He played a few PC riffs as well.  I could only hear it though being at the front. 

Anyways, I had a wicked time, most of the band's before Gnr were shit (aside from QOTSA) especially NOFX and Lost Prophets...Biffy Clyro were pretty average as well, just seemed to me like Death Metal but with clean vocals.  But Gnr were very exciting, songs sounded great.  Also, it rained during November Rain, which I thought was pretty cool.

Apologies for the long post, and sorry if some of this stuff has been said already.  And major thanks to Julia for getting me the ticket!

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #601 on: August 27, 2010, 10:28:49 PM »

Thanks for posting!

Glad you enjoyed it!  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #602 on: August 27, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »

WTTJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaySoVawlH0

Some booing at the beginning of the vid, but pure cheering at the end. I guess they won the crowd over pretty quickly.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tastyfish
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »

Well, I want to get a ticket for Sunday but people are saying Axl said through the megaphone Sunday is cancelled?  Can anyone confirm?  This has come from a few places on twitter and some guy also posted it on mygnr
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »

Sound like a funny evening, how cool that they protested.

And omfg, how fucking vicious he sounds, he just gets more and more wrenching. It's not pretty, but it's SO rock'nroll.

First it's like 'dun dun dun' then some people are like, 'boo'

and then, the voice: 'do you know where you are'? *silence* 'you're in the jungle baby' *people starts hailing*

then that scream... oO headbanger

*whole crowd sings*

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
tastyfish
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #605 on: August 27, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »

I love the fact theres so much controversy around the band I love, you could always go and listen to fucking coldplay
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #606 on: August 27, 2010, 11:52:15 PM »

Wow. Just wow. At least things are never dull when this band is on tour.

I'm not going to address late start times or anything else, it's ancient history, but a few quick points:

If they do pull out of Leeds I hope they announce it soon, for the fans sake.

Organizers could have been a lot better about this, if as reported the band wasn't given notice til during Nightrain. It's clear they were allowed to go past curfew after all - so there was no need for the sudden move. You can argue they were told in advance but that goes down the drain when the curfew was already pushed back.

Someone with a guest pass on MyGNR also posted that Axl was spotted ready to go at the side of the stage with the rest of the band, so I'd love to know what the hold up was. If it was a technical glitch or something, then Reading reps should have said something.

You've got fans chanting Let Them Play at a once a year concert that brings in tons of revenue to the city... seems simple to me...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #607 on: August 28, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »

From the man himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpEiwl99ts

They seem pretty fed up with the promoter

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #608 on: August 28, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »

Well at least they ALMOST got an entire set in.  Just a few songs short.  You just never know what's going to happen next with this band, for better or worse.  They keep you in suspense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #609 on: August 28, 2010, 02:25:14 AM »

Ok, havent been back for that long and had 3 hours sleep and now dealing with a 7 week old baby, so bear with me  ok

Before the show, there were a LOT of people that were either there to see GNR or were very interested about how they would be, how Axl would be etc.  The name GNR clearly still holds a lot of interest as an infamous persona in the world and it was great to see it the festival.

Band came on around 10.30 - people around me were getting restless, I guess a lot of people expected them to be on time and got pissed but whatever.  I'm certainly not going to go into 'they should have been on time, it was a festival' because I don't know the in and outs of why or what happened.  However, it reminded me of Download 06.  Bascially, a restless crowd, waiting for Axl to fall and the band having to win the crowd over.

Band came out strong - Axl sounded great, DJ looked like a man possessed (this man is a seriously good player and has a great stage present).  Highlights were TIL where Axl sounded great.  Crowd were into the new stuff but went mad for the usual favs like Jungle, SCOM.  Overall, the set was short but very sweet.  They sounded great and were getting the crowd on their side when the 'Nightrain incident' happened.

Overall, it was a great show albeit cut short.  Truely hope they still play Leeds and can sought out the disagreement but whatever happens, the Euro tour is here and has started with a bang.  As my brain is fried, it may be easier for people to ask questions about the show and me answer them.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #610 on: August 28, 2010, 02:41:02 AM »

This sounds like a gig that will go down in Folklore, like HoB's, Philly, Osaka et al. Its like riding the Gn'fR roller-coaster  beer  that made me love the band to begin with.  ok

The pulling the plug/promoter warning is just like a story line from WWE. Tune into the next exciting instalment on 29th August where you can find out if Axl gets the last word, will the promoter slam dunk the band, but be sure, THIS WILL be an epic fight to the finish with another show business, Rock n Roll master class....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #611 on: August 28, 2010, 05:04:17 AM »

Thanks for your report fieldsy!  Smiley

Next up, Leeds!

Safe travels to those of you heading up there today.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #612 on: August 28, 2010, 05:06:41 AM »

my theries are '' better late then never '' so im glad the show still did go on.and that the tour is in fact starting up again.

the one an only horsey !
badapple81
« Reply #613 on: August 28, 2010, 05:09:50 AM »

Next up, Leeds!

/jarmo

Is Leeds on? I've just been catching up with all the events of the last 24 hours, and I saw a video with Axl saying it wasn't on? (obviously in the heat of the moment).
wadey
Legend

« Reply #614 on: August 28, 2010, 05:28:26 AM »

if leeds is cancelled ill still be going rather than waste ?75+ booking fee

ill be there no matter what tomorrow so fingers crossed  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2010, 05:39:18 AM »

Jarmo are you with the band at the moment?

If you are, could you explain why it took so long to hit the stage? Axl tweeted "Bkstage at Reading. Tour's ON! Our apologies 4 any inconvenience. Peace!" almost two hours before they went on. What caused the delay? Presumably the 'apologies' was not a reference to the cancelled tour tweet but an indication that the band was having problems backstage at the festival? If so, what were those problems?

When the BBC went live at 22:30 the presenter said they couldn't show any footage due to 'contractual reasons'. So either Gun's didn't read their contract properly, showed up, found out that the set was going to be broadcast live and tried to change the terms/renegotiate at the last minute, hence the delay. The BBC presenter implied that they would 'hopefully be able to bring us something' which, if this is what happened would seem to indicate that a compromise was reached, i.e you play, we get to broadcast it later once you have signed off on the footage etc.

I find it hard to believe that Reading Festival and the BBC, with their army of overpaid executives, lawyers etc didn't sort this out before hand, they have been working together for years and the BBC were clearly working under the assumption that they were broadcasting the set (they started removing the band from their schedules rights after Axl tweeted).

The above could be absolute crap. There could just have been technical problems, GnR seem to insist on using their own kitt and people which at a festival can take time to set up etc.

Either way, it would be good to find out what really happened. I doubt we will see any footage now, their is probably a lot of bad blood between the band and the organisers and the BBC.

Jonx

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #616 on: August 28, 2010, 05:49:11 AM »

love GUNS N`ROSES love

Forever EVER !! KICK ASS !!

Fuck You Reading !!   hihi Fuck You Reading !!  rofl

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #617 on: August 28, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »

Next up, Leeds!

/jarmo

Is Leeds on? I've just been catching up with all the events of the last 24 hours, and I saw a video with Axl saying it wasn't on? (obviously in the heat of the moment).

You answered your own question.

Jarmo are you with the band at the moment?

Not at the moment....

I don't know why it wasn't broadcast on the BBC.

But it's not anything GN'R specific.

GN'R isn't the only band who has chosen not to have their concerts live on TV.

Who knows, maybe they'll show some clips later on....

/jarmo

feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #618 on: August 28, 2010, 05:59:33 AM »

I think we are going to be in for an awesome Leeds show!!!! ok
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #619 on: August 28, 2010, 06:00:18 AM »

I don't know why it wasn't broadcast on the BBC.

But it's not anything GN'R specific.

GN'R isn't the only band who has chosen not to have their concerts live on TV.

Who knows, maybe they'll show some clips later on....

/jarmo

Later would be great....and please please Mr. BBC....also for other regions than UK only  peace
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: