Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228507 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Myles Kennedy To Front Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Myles Kennedy To Front Velvet Revolver?  (Read 11783 times)
Pine Barrens
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »

I'm not going to bash Myles Kennedy, he's a great vocalist, no doubt. He's got skills and is technically very good at what he does. But for me, that means jack shit if your voice doesn't grab me. Not to compare, but Scott Weiland was always a good singer, too. Could he sing Led Zeppelin tunes and wail like a motherfucker? No. But that wasn't his style and not what people wanted or expected from him. But you heard instantly when it was Scott on the radio and his voice moved me. Now Myles, I'd expect him to be able to sing any Led Zeppelin tune out there, but that doesn't mean I would've enjoyed it just because he could hit the high notes. I personally feel that Myles's voice lacks character and I wouldn't have been able to pick him out in a radio song line-up. I recognize his ability and talent, but the man's vocals does nothing for me and for that reason alone I'd be bummed if he joined VR.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »

i tend to like the higher register whalers like this guy, Axl, Plant, etc so yeah I wouldn't mind if they went with him

but....................

I think he'd be a better fit if VR went more old school rather than the hybrid sound of VR, with that being said, replace dave and matt with izzy and steve and they'd be all set

if izzy doesn't want to do big tours, they could use either dave or gilby as a touring guitarists
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »

Myles has a big vocal range but I don't like his voice or melodies or lyrics.

Ive never been a cornell fan either.

Scott has a much better voice than Myles Kennedy

singing higher or playing faster doesn't make u better.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 10:21:13 PM »

same here, never got the hype with him.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »

same here, never got the hype with him.
same here, which is why it's strange that really i like his song.. but as i said in the other thread, i'm drunk, it could have something it to do with it.. but i'll listen to it the first thing i do tomorrow and see beer

i'm fucking sure that song will be fucking great tomorrow when i wake up too! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:57:36 PM by CheapJon » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 05:50:13 AM »

Its officially 2 years since VR's last show with Scott today. 
And by the looks of it, it will most likely be another year without them.

Ill wait to see Slash and Myles live together before saying i want him as VR singer.  But id also love if Steven and Izzy replaced matt and Dave.

Now that with Myles would be a cool band! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 06:39:41 AM »

Ill wait to see Slash and Myles live together before saying i want him as VR singer.  But id also love if Steven and Izzy replaced matt and Dave.

nah I like VR the way it is musician wise, there is nothing left for Slash and Izzy to accomplish together they have done it all.  Also, under no circumstance should Steven EVER replace Matt at anything.  Would like to see Myles Kennedy, and it seems that everyone else in the world thinks he would be a great replacement for Scott except for people on this board, very interesting.  The other boards, blabbermouth..etc think it would be great.  If Jimmy Page was considering him, I think he will do just fine.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:29 AM »

The other boards, blabbermouth..etc think it would be great.  If Jimmy Page was considering him, I think he will do just fine.

yeah.. i dont get the Myles hate.   Blabbermouth is one of the harshest sites for hatred comments but they were all positive bout Myles.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 06:52:11 AM »

The other boards, blabbermouth..etc think it would be great.  If Jimmy Page was considering him, I think he will do just fine.

yeah.. i dont get the Myles hate.   Blabbermouth is one of the harshest sites for hatred comments but they were all positive bout Myles.

yeah blabbermouth is a tough crowd, you really have to do something impressive to get their respect, i noticed that over the years.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »

I don't hate him, but I just don't like his voice. He has potential, but he seems to use every song as an excuse to prove that his lungs are biggest.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »

nah I like VR the way it is musician wise, there is nothing left for Slash and Izzy to accomplish together they have done it all.  Also, under no circumstance should Steven EVER replace Matt at anything.  Would like to see Myles Kennedy, and it seems that everyone else in the world thinks he would be a great replacement for Scott except for people on this board, very interesting.  The other boards, blabbermouth..etc think it would be great.  If Jimmy Page was considering him, I think he will do just fine.

they could try to outdo appetite hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: