Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:21:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228507 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Myles Kennedy To Front Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Myles Kennedy To Front Velvet Revolver?  (Read 11781 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »

Myles is like those 1000 note a second guitarist

sure he has all the technical ability and more but i just don't feel anything when that guy sings.
I agree.
Just sounds like the generic modern rock singer, gets the job done like a machine but doesn't add anything to it.
I'd rather have a guy who had to "fight" with his voice, but had beautiful melodies and lyrics.

It's like Myles is a clean solid state line6 amp and Axl is an overdriven tube marshall.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »

kinda agrees with the last 3 guys on this one, could change if i heard more from the guy but i dunno
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »

We should be getting "back to cali" in the next few hours, so I am interested to see if he sounds any different on that song.
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »

I can't believe what im reading about how  people don't feel anything from when myles sings. I know its all opinionated, but i really thought i wud be reading more positive things about Myles. Don't judge Myles based off of only "Starlight" because, in my opinion, it isnt some of his best work. But, his work in Alter Bridge is unbelievable and you can be certain that him being in VR could lead to some amazing music. If you don't approve of Myles then i dont know who you are waiting for because there isnt much better than him.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »

I wouldn't put too much stock in this "report" or anything VR related at this point.

I'm sticking to my "VR is on the extreme back burner" stance...for now..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

Another comparison - Myles = Sorum... Both technically great.  Both get the job done.  But maybe neither have the it factor or feel factor..

Now, I on the other hand love the range and think he could work in the realm of VR.  They could cover a lot more ground with him vs. Weiland.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 10:35:12 PM »

Another comparison - Myles = Sorum... Both technically great.  Both get the job done.  But maybe neither have the it factor or feel factor..

I will agree that Kennedy lacks "it" for me.

However..

Comparing a guy who's resume' is highlighted by a Creed side project to a guy who's recorded and toured with The Cult, GNR, VR, Camp Freddy, Motorhead etc???

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »

Myles is certainly light years better than Scott Weiland as far as vocalist goes, so if it happens it is a step up.  I like Weiland but his range is nowhere near what Myles can do.  That opens the door for VR to explore all different types of styles.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »

sure he has all the technical ability and more but i just don't feel anything when that guy sings.

Same here.  I checked out the Alter Bridge album from 2004 from hearing all these things about him lately.   I couldn't really get into any of the songs.  I also thought he sounded a lot like Chris Cornell and the guy from Incubus, and not really much else.

I haven't heard the stuff with him and Slash yet, but I'm sure that will be cool.  I think VR just set the bar too high the first time. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:31:12 PM by Trist805 » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 11:30:25 PM »

Myles is certainly light years better than Scott Weiland as far as vocalist goes, so if it happens it is a step up. 

Granted, I never gave AB much of a chance but I've had an extremely hard time getting through the Kennedy tunes w/Slash we've heard thus far.

I shudder to think of him doing "Slither" live on tour..  

Just an opinion..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »

Scott Weiland is one of the greatest frontmen of all time and is a Hall Of Famer

Myles is nowhere near the lyricists or melody guy Scott is

dont even get me started on stage presence, charisma and the "IT" factor which Myles has none of.

I've said it for years with the Slash arguments... I don't care how "technical" u are

its how u write and how u sing and how u use your instrument

Myles has chops but once again.. i think he has poor melodies and lyrics which are more important than anything IMO.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »

Scott Weiland is one of the greatest frontmen of all time and is a Hall Of Famer

dont even get me started on stage presence, charisma and the "IT" factor which Myles has none of.

I've said it for years with the Slash arguments... I don't care how "technical" u are

Myles has chops but once again.. i think he has poor melodies and lyrics which are more important than anything IMO.

I agree with exactly what you are saying about the "it" factor being more important than technical ability, but I feel that Kennedy has the "it" factor.  I think his voice is great and dig his stage presence. I seem to be alone in this opinion, but thats what i think.  He is far from the greatest frontman in the world, but thats what VR need, they dont need another diva.  Slash is the leader of that band, they just need a solid singer.
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »

Jesus.....Never thought I would see the day where Fergie would get more support on Slash's album than Myles. It's like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone. I think I'm gunna be sick  Undecided
makane
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »

I agree with exactly what you are saying about the "it" factor being more important than technical ability, but I feel that Kennedy has the "it" factor.  I think his voice is great and dig his stage presence. I seem to be alone in this opinion, but thats what i think.  He is far from the greatest frontman in the world, but thats what VR need, they dont need another diva.  Slash is the leader of that band, they just need a solid singer.
Thats exactly what we don't want. A dude who can sing "solid" but doesn't bring anything on the table and succumbs over everything. Why not just have Duff sing then?

Myles being a step up from Scott? give me a fucking break. Myles is like taking an elevator straight down to hell compared to Scott Weiland.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 01:14:01 AM »

If you want soul, if you want grit, if you want real, call Chris Robinson up from the Black Crowes... He is everything I would want for a blues based rock band... Does VR want to be a blues based rock band?  I have no clue... But if they do, he is your man
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 04:35:33 AM »

Im surprised with the Myles backlash on here.  In the new singer thread i thought a lot of people mentioned Myles to be next singer.

Great available front men are few and far between.  I don't think they'll be able to find the kind of guy some of you want.  its hard to find someone who can write, has the "It" factor and great stage presence and can sing brilliantly.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 04:43:38 AM »

and that's why is the perfect man for the job..
he's the greatest front man who comes from the 2000's and has one of the best rock voices.
and he may be availeble
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010, 06:33:59 AM »

Myles being a step up from Scott? give me a fucking break. Myles is like taking an elevator straight down to hell compared to Scott Weiland.

I dont know about that.  Libertad was fucking terrible and the Weiland influence was very heavy on that album.  Contraband was great and that was written before he was even in the band.  Weiland never blew me away, seen him a bunch of times, saw his solo show in NYC in December of 08, he showed up 3 hours late and sounded terrible.  He has put out more bad songs than good.  His good songs are great, but his bad songs are terrible.  For every "Interstate Love Song" you have a "Sour Girl." hihi
People say Miles sounds generic, does it get more generic than "Days of the Week" or even worse that new single they just put out..that thing is dreadful.  I say this as an STP fan, Scott is far from the most consistent when it comes to putting out quality music.  I like Scott but I also like Miles, I dont think he blows him away.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

I will agree that Kennedy lacks "it" for me.

However..

Comparing a guy who's resume' is highlighted by a Creed side project to a guy who's recorded and toured with The Cult, GNR, VR, Camp Freddy, Motorhead etc???

Agreed.  I think we're a LONG way off from VR reforming. 

Edit - Oops, I quoted the wrong post.  Either way. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »

He's been asked by someone...maybe he'll elaborate/confirm?  Smiley

@Slash Hey is Myles Kennedy going to be the new VR singer? A Dutch paper is quoting you as saying it is possible.

about 22 hours ago via web in reply to Slash

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: