Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:14:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228507 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Myles Kennedy To Front Velvet Revolver?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Myles Kennedy To Front Velvet Revolver?  (Read 11779 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 25, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »

Apparently Slash was interview by De Telegraaf on March 20th and said the following:

Nieuwe zanger Velvet Revolver?

Interview met Slash over zijn nieuwe album 'Slash': Toch lijkt Slash op dit moment al een vervanger op het oog te hebben en die zingt ook op zijn nieuwe cd. "Ik werd gewezen op Myles Kennedy, de zanger van de band Alter Bridge. Die man is van het niveau Robbert Plant en Freddie Mercury. De kans is aanzienlijk dat, wanneer we met Velvet Revolver verder gaan, hij de nieuwe zanger zal worden.''

Bron: De Telegraaf, Weekeinde, interview met Slash over zijn nieuwe album

New Velvet Revolver singer?

Interview with Slash about his new album, 'Slash': Yet, Slash is already a replacement on the eye and who also sings on his new CD. "I was made to Myles Kennedy, singer of the band Alter Bridge. That man is the level Robbert Plant and Freddie Mercury. The probability is significant that when we go to Velvet Revolver, he will be the new singer."

Source: De Telegraaf, Weekend, interview with Slash about his new album

http://velvetrevolver.hyves.nl/

Another translation:

"I was made aware of Myles Kennedy, the singer of Alter Bridge. That man is up there with Robert Plant and Freddy Mercury. There is a big chance that he will be the new singer when we continue with Velvet Revolver".

Did anyone else read this interview?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:23:43 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 12:16:18 PM »

How did you translate lol?  Google?   

Seems a bit arrogant to say when he is still in Alter Bridge. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »

Yeah, my Dutch isn't very good.  It gives you an idea of what was said...feel free to translate it yourself.

It's an interesting quote.

Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:19:41 PM »

I don't understand the context of the text. Can anyone improve the translation? (Thanks Funky anyway)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »

I don't understand the context of the text. Can anyone improve the translation? (Thanks Funky anyway)

Here's another:

"I was made aware of Myles Kennedy, the singer of Alter Bridge. That man is up there with Robert Plant and Freddy Mercury. There is a big chance that he will be the new singer when we continue with Velvet Revolver".

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 12:21:33 PM »

Yeah, my Dutch isn't very good.  It gives you an idea of what was said...feel free to translate it yourself.

Thanks Funky.  it just seems strange that he'd say that while Myles is in Alter Bridge.
Surely he'd let Myles speak to them first lol

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »

Here's another:

I don't agree with that statement at all. Myles is a really good singer but not even close to Robert or Freddy territory.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »

well Myles has a great voice.. and if there is a singer I would choose to front VR it's him alright.
he's got musical directions from like everywhere.

he's also a great guitar player and with him at the fold it would only mean more great songs.

I would love it if he'd became the new singer. but I think his bandmembers may not agree on that.. or will I don't know.
we'll see where it leads on.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »

There are parts in 'Starlight' where Myles does an Axl-style shriek for seemingly no reason. I've heard he sings like that all the time. It's fine for that song, but him being in Velvet Revolver would probably make them sound too much like GN'R. It might be what some people wanted in the first place, but I was among those who were glad they decided to go with their own sound (neither GN'R or STP, but a fresh-sounding combo of the two) with Contraband. I wouldn't be looking forward to a Velvet Revolver record with Myles as the singer.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »

Thanks Funky.  it just seems strange that he'd say that while Myles is in Alter Bridge.

Maybe Alter Bridge already knows. Slash even saying it in publc must mean it has been discussed.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 12:49:28 PM »

Maybe Alter Bridge already knows. Slash even saying it in publc must mean it has been discussed.

On the contrary, Alter Bridge have gone out of their way to emphasise that Myles will not be leaving since he was announced as the singer on Slash tour.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 12:53:40 PM »

Damn, I hope it's not Myles. He has a great voice, but not the kind of voice I want for VR. A Weiland / Astbury kind of voice.

Fuck 'Em All.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »

On the contrary, Alter Bridge have gone out of their way to emphasise that Myles will not be leaving since he was announced as the singer on Slash tour.

Yes you are correct but that was several weeks ago. I wonder if something has changed. The article was written this month. 
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 01:44:21 PM »

I'm not sure weather Duff would like this singer, Myles has very classic and blusy style & I'm sure that Duff'd rather a singer with modern style. I like him for Snakepit or other Slash's proyect, but for Velvet Revolver, I'm not sure...
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 02:46:58 PM »

There are parts in 'Starlight' where Myles does an Axl-style shriek for seemingly no reason. I've heard he sings like that all the time. It's fine for that song, but him being in Velvet Revolver would probably make them sound too much like GN'R. It might be what some people wanted in the first place, but I was among those who were glad they decided to go with their own sound (neither GN'R or STP, but a fresh-sounding combo of the two) with Contraband. I wouldn't be looking forward to a Velvet Revolver record with Myles as the singer.

I listen to a lot of Alter Bridge and he definitely doesn't sing like that all the time. I would listen to the songs "Coming Home" or "Watch Over You" to hear how he sings most the time. He's got a great voice. I don't think it would sound much like GNR if he were to lead VR.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »

Here's another:

I don't agree with that statement at all. Myles is a really good singer but not even close to Robert or Freddy territory.

In the Gibson video interview he said:

On Myles Kennedy, Slash says "he's by far the best young vocalist I've heard in years."

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »

and it's true..
if he'd become the new vocalist his reputation will shoot into the heavens of rock.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

Not only would this be the PERFECT fit musically, you guys are forgetting that neither Alter Bridge or Velvet Revolver are full time bands.  The guys in Alter Bridge also have Creed, which will continue to play and tour whenever they want to, thus leaving Myles open to work with Velvet Revolver.  Duff also has Loaded which he does in his spare time and Slash is always playin with someone.  I think it is a great fit, VR just might not be a full time band anymore, and thats not a bad thing, i think its pretty cool.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

Myles is like those 1000 note a second guitarist

sure he has all the technical ability and more but i just don't feel anything when that guy sings.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »

well said D. I actually remember suggesting him early in the long slash thread, but having heard him in starlight - hes technically amazing but dont feel SHIIIAT when he sings. The pairing didn't go down how id expected.. he's not grungy enough for me!

but is this serious? sounds like a rumour if you ask me
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: