Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album  (Read 12373 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »

I found this on TMZ scroll down and there is a pic. Lets see if Leno gets even tonight?

Slash Sneaks Conan O'Brien Onto Leno Show
Posted Apr 7th 2010 2:55PM

Slash pulled off the ultimate act of defiance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" last night -- dude rocked a Team Coco pin on the air during his performance at the end of the show!

Though it appears NBC tried to edit around the Conan O'Brien support symbol, a few shots of the pin still managed to make air.

No word if Jay even noticed.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0kT4rcKcB
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:34:52 PM by sleeper » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 08:30:46 PM »

Still can't see the pin

the performance however was amazing! Absolutely flawless  well cept for Andrew's voice crackin after the solo! rofl rofl rofl
it's high on the guitar strap, you can only see it for a short moment at 3.03

a pin with this picture:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/07/slash-conan-obrien-pin-tonight-show-jay-leno-team-coco-nbc/
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »

Jay wont mention it tonight.  its embarrassing, doubt he will want to draw attention to it.  His public image has already taken a shot for dickin Conan out of a job, its not smart to point out that guests of his own show are disrespecting him right in front of his face.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 11:46:36 PM »

Jay wont mention it tonight.  its embarrassing, doubt he will want to draw attention to it.  His public image has already taken a shot for dickin Conan out of a job, its not smart to point out that guests of his own show are disrespecting him right in front of his face.
Absolutely, Leno won't make mention of it.  It'd actually be funny if he did and might show he's human, but he won't do it.  He could wear a pin saying "I'm with Axl",  hihi.  Big props to Slash for doing that.  More celebrities should follow suit.  I've noticed the guests on his show have been pretty bad lately, aside from some hot chicks.  I mean, last night with Slash you had Kirstie Allie and some guy I don't know.  Seriously?  That's just bad.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 12:08:31 PM »

He got a lot of press from wearing that pin, more than for the performance...

Slash Is With Coco ... Even While on Leno

Slash was on the Tonight Show last night promoting his new solo album, and so it seemed strange that during his performance of "By the Sword," there were hardly any close-ups of the top-hatted guitarist (there were more of the singer, Andrew Stockdale, and his weirdly morphed hair-beard). But then we noticed something on Slash's guitar strap, and squinting, we could just make out a pin ... no, it couldn't be ... not on Leno's show!

Yes, folks, Slash had an "I'm with Coco" pin affixed to his guitar strap while performing on Jay Leno's stage, which elevates Slash's awesomeness to higher than it was, which was already really, really high. Watching the performance, you can see the cameras do anything they can not to get a close-up of the traitorous pin, which must have been a huge embarrassment to Leno, who seems to be grimacing as he introduces the song. Considering that many of the shots selected are so sloppy (catching other cameras in the shot), it seems likely that the show was edited to expunge all glimpses of Conan's martyred head. (Though around 40:11 in the video below you can get a glimpse of it.) We called the Tonight Show, however, and a spokesperson responded, "We did not edit anything out of the performance," and Slash's reps didn't respond to calls for comment. You be the judge.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/04/slash_is_with_cocoeven_while_o.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 11:13:40 PM »

So both Myles and Andrew Stockdale were at the taping of George Lopez:

BRUCE KULICK Attends Taping Of SLASH's Appearance On 'Lopez Tonight' - Apr. 8, 2010

Former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick has issued the following update:

"I was honored to be a guest at the Slash performance on the George Lopez show ['Lopez Tonight'] taped in Burbank last night. I got there early enough to say hello to the band, hang out in the green room, and chat with both of Slash's singers that taped for the show.

"Everyone knows Slash's new CD has many guests, and Andrew Stockdale from WOLFMOTHER is one of them. He is from Australia and we got a chance to talk about my visits to his town of Brisbane in the past. Great guy and a unique singer.

"I think Andrew's band really has one foot in the past and one in the present, and he told me that they will be doing some shows with KISS in Europe very soon. Myles Kennedy, the singer for ALTER BRIDGE was also there, and he was extremely cool to chat with as well. We have mutual guitar buddy friends and we caught up about his band and the fact he got to sing two songs on Slash's new disc. (Which is great, by the way; go get it!)

"I gave Slash my 'BK3' disc, and after thanking me he joked about the fact my dear friend Brent Fitz, who is drumming for him, didn't have a mention on the special guest sticker on the CD. I said with a smile on my face, 'Well, after touring the world with you he will!'

"Brent and I have a long history (UNION, and of course all my solo discs) so I was very proud to see him jamming with Slash. Todd Kerns, who I have jammed with many times in Vegas and who appeared live with me for my 'BK3' release party along with Brent, is now playing bass for Slash and I was happy to see him rocking out on the show.

"After the taping, I spoke shop with Slash, guitars and amps, of course.

"Slash admitted in his interview with George that he has been sober and healthy, and he really looks like he's in great shape.

"With a strong CD and band to support him this year, it is very cool to see him out there being a true guitar hero.

"Funniest moment came when I spoke to George Lopez, who is quite personable and a huge KISS fan who loves guitars. He remembered meeting me seven years ago when I was asked to jam with him and give him some guitar tips in his trailer back when he had his sitcom show. He said, 'Didn't you get shot on Sunset the week after meeting me?' He was right, and we spoke about that night and then talked about his new opening song for his amazing house band, ROCK N ROLL ALL NITE. Yes, George could be the leader of the KISS Army, as he was convinced after Gene's [Simmons] appearance a few weeks ago that the KISS anthem sets the mood for the crowd on his show.

"How awesome is that!

"I want to thank Pete Merluzzi, Slash's tour manager, and, of course, Slash and the guys in the band for a great evening."

Slash's appearance on "Lopez Tonight" will air tonight (Thursday, April Cool.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138197

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »

They only played by the Sword, that song is pretty damn cool.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »

They only played by the Sword, that song is pretty damn cool.
Yeah, I thought they were supposed to play "Back From Cali" too?  Wonder what happened?  Ran out of time maybe?  No guitar for Stockdale tonight.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »

Here is Slash's interview and performance on Lopez Tonight last night:

"By The Sword" Lopez Tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkw4VkfF3kU

Interview with Slash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClsimBS3yE0

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »

Here is Slash's interview and performance on Lopez Tonight last night:

"By The Sword" Lopez Tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkw4VkfF3kU

Interview with Slash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClsimBS3yE0

Some cool shit that!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

Saw Slash on Lopez Good sound. Andrew Stockdale sings hi. Led Zeppelin should get him, kid can sing

about 9 hours ago via UberTwitter

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

Saw Slash on Lopez Good sound. Andrew Stockdale sings hi. Led Zeppelin should get him, kid can sing

double standards right there, he don't think axl should call his band GNR but thinks zeppelin could use stockdale and still be zeppelin

I prefer wolfmother anyway (even though I'm actually listening to black dog)
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 03:08:38 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

double standards right there, he don't think axl should call his band GNR but thinks zeppelin could use stockdale and still be zeppelin

Zeppelin is majority original members.....
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

nope that would be 50% and not a majority ok
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 04:18:28 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

The original Guitarist and Bassist with the offspring of the original drummer compared to original lead singer is a difference  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »

From Slash:

Our performance of "Back From Cali" will air on Lopez Tonight Monday April 12th.

about 2 hours ago via Facebook

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

The original Guitarist and Bassist with the offspring of the original drummer compared to original lead singer is a difference  ok

Without Robert Plant there is no Zeppelin full stop.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

Without Robert Plant there is no Zeppelin full stop.

agreed.  No lead singer, no band, ask Aerosmith.  They finally came to their senses.  Auditions my ass. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »

Craig Fergeson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owTpE16d0dY

Nice!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 09:31:29 PM »

Back from cali is gonna be Monday Night I think.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: