Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album  (Read 12389 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 23, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »

SLASH Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album - Mar. 23, 2010

One of the greatest rock stars of our time is celebrating the release of his new album in true rock star fashion ? by dominating the late night scene, late night television that is. Iconic musician Slash is known for trailblazing guitar work and the innovative, hard-rocking sounds of his new album will be showcased in a series of unique performances slated for release of his first true solo album. Featuring an all-star roster of guest musicians, "Slash" will be available April 6, 2010.

Anticipation has been building for the album since the recent release of the first single, "By The Sword", featuring Andrew Stockdale of WOLFMOTHER, which is currently in rotation at rock radio. To kick of his album release, Slash will be the featured performer at Revolver Golden Gods Awards, with several of his album collaborators making special guest appearances. Slash will also make a series of late-night performances with talk show hosts Jay Leno, George Lopez and Craig Ferguson.

Slash TV dates to watch (check local listings):

* Tuesday, April 6 - "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (NBC)
* Thursday, April 8 - "Lopez Tonight" with George Lopez (TBS)
* Thursday, April 8 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards ceremony from Hollywood (airs May 22 on VH1)
* Friday, April 8 - "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (CBS)

Slash will also be featured in two upcoming promotions with Monster Energy and Guitar Center:

Monster Energy Presents the Ultimate Slash Experience ? Visit MonsterEnergy.com on April 1 and learn how you can attend a private concert with Slash and be part of the exclusive backstage meet-and-greet. Some winners will also receive a limited edition "Gibson Appetite Les Paul" guitar, as well as other exclusive prizes. Fans are also encouraged to check their local retailers beginning on April 1 for the limited-edition Slash/Monster Energy multi-packs. The multi-pack will offer fans a bonus track not included on the album, plus additional music, downloads, and other exclusive content.

As part of the album release, Slash has partnered with Guitar Center on Guitar Center Presents Your Next Record with Slash. This is a first-of-its-kind, unsigned band competition that provides emerging artists the chance to win the ultimate career-altering opportunity: record a three-song EP with legendary producer Mike Clink (GUNS N' ROSES, M?TLEY CR?E, MEGADETH) and have Slash write, record and perform on the winning artists? single. Now through April 30, 2010 bands across the United States are invited to submit their music for a chance to win the aforementioned prize package, which also includes: A management development deal with The Collective (LINKIN PARK, SLASH, AVENGED SEVENFOLD); Feature of winning artists' single on iTunes; worldwide distribution of winning artists? music through Tunecore; $10,000 Guitar Center shopping spree; New gear and endorsement deals from Ernie Ball Music Man; An opening slot on Slash's Monster Energy Bash; An editorial feature on the winning band in Guitar World magazine.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137277

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »

wont be able to watch this "Revolver Golden Gods Awards ceremony from Hollywood (airs May 22 on VH1)" as I will be at the Borgata seeing the show LIVE hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 03:24:11 AM »

Slash will be appearing with Andrew Stockdale on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"

And from George Lopez:

Next Week 2 songs from @Slash from his new CD on Lopez Tonight .. Don't miss that it will be EPIC !!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »

Slash will be appearing with Andrew Stockdale on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"

And from George Lopez:

Next Week 2 songs from @Slash from his new CD on Lopez Tonight .. Don't miss that it will be EPIC !!

Obviously they'll play "By The Sword" on Leno.  I wonder what 2 songs on Lopez?  Maybe keep Stockdale around and bring in Myles to do one of his songs, or do both songs with Myles?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:49:23 AM »

My guess the other will be either Beautiful Dangerous or Back From Cali
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »

should be interesting to see who shows up to sing at each appearance hihi
it seems he may have sveral options for each apearance
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:50:47 PM »

Cannot wait to see these songs done live with pro shot recording.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »

Another appearance:

SLASH To Guest On BRUCE DICKINSON's Radio Show - Apr. 3, 2010

Legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guests on Friday, April 23 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio program, dubbed "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". Listen to the broadcast live via the Internet between 9:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (midnight) U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137916

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »

should be interesting to see who shows up to sing at each appearance hihi
it seems he may have sveral options for each apearance
Looks like Lemmy?

Slash   Rehearsing w/Andrew Stockdale & Lemmy today, fuck yes!
http://bit.ly/d0IL8y
about 3 hours ago via Facebook

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »

Just a reminder:

NBC    Tue, Apr 6

11:35 PM   Tonight Show With Jay Leno New

Kirstie Alley; David Boreanaz. Also: Slash and Andrew Stockdale perform.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »

Just saw him on Leno-about what you would expect I guess, it was good-first time I watched Leno in a while

libertad
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 12:45:32 AM »

Good performance, that song has an awesome Slash-eque solo.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 12:49:51 AM »

I posted the reminder then forgot to set my TiVo.  hihi

Was he also interviewed?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »

I posted the reminder then forgot to set my TiVo.  hihi

Was he also interviewed?

No interview, just a great performance.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 04:57:46 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wJnvROGNo
Slash by the sword on Leno
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 05:41:37 AM »

Outstanding!  Stockdales voice is insane, wish the rest of Slash's album was this good. I nominate him for VR's new lead singer! beer
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »

cool performance!  funny how Stockdale only plays the guitar for like 5 seconds!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »

Slash wore a "I'm with CoCo" pin  Grin

coolest thing he have done personally in a while i must say! I was wondering how he could go on Leno when he was friends with Conan, nice kick in tha jaw on jay there Tongue that is also probably why they barely show him in the youtube clip but if you look at 3.03 you can see it on his guitar strap
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »

That is AWESOME!  I did have a slight problem with Slash going on The Tonight Show with Leno after all that crap he pulled.  But that makes up for it.  I didn't notice it though, I'll have to go back and look again.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »

Still can't see the pin

the performance however was amazing! Absolutely flawless  well cept for Andrew's voice crackin after the solo! rofl rofl rofl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: