Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 16th, 2010 PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil @ FIERGS [UPDATES + DISCUSSION]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 16th, 2010 PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil @ FIERGS [UPDATES + DISCUSSION]  (Read 21535 times)
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »

Since nobody started yet, here we go!
=)

There are people in line since last saturday! here are some reports from ZeroHora.com, biggest newspaper around here!
http://zerohora.clicrbs.com.br/zerohora/jsp/default.jsp?uf=1&local=1&section=Estilo%20de%20Vida&newsID=a2839437.xml

Dizzy Reed interview to Zero Hora:
http://zerohora.clicrbs.com.br/zerohora/jsp/default.jsp?uf=1&local=1&section=Estilo%20de%20Vida&newsID=a2838606.htm

Fans in line:
http://zerohora.clicrbs.com.br/zerohora/jsp/default.jsp?uf=1&local=1&newsID=a2839611.xml&channel=13&tipo=1&section=Estilo+de+Vida

(if someone can provide the google translator links to the articles, I'll update the topic (kinda in a rush now).

I'll be going to the show, Pista Premium,  so, if you're there, say hello! I promise to take a bunch of pictures!

Gates will be opened at 4 PM.

Tequila Baby at 7 PM
Rosa Tattoada at 8 PM
Bach at 9 PM
GNR after 10 PM

01- Chinese Democracy
02- Welcome to The Jungle
03- It's so Easy
04- Mr. Brownstone
05- Sorry
06- Better
07- Richard Solo
08- Live And Let Die
09- If The World
10- Shacklers Revenge
11- Dizzy solo/ Street Of Dreams
12- Rocket Queen
13- Dj Ashba Solo
14- Sweet Child O'Mine
15- You Could Be Mine
16- Another Brick In The Wall [intro]/ November Rain
17- Ron Thal Solo - Pantera cor de rosa
18- Knockin' On Heavens Door
19- Nightrain
20- Madagascar
21- Patience
22- Paradise City
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:13:31 AM by AdZ » Logged

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:34 AM »

The Dizzy interview with google translation:

Except for singer Axl Rose, keyboardist Dizzy Reed is the oldest member of Guns N 'Roses. The musician of 46 years in the band have gone exactly two decades, during which the troupe lived glory of turbulence, with successive changes in the lineup - the most notorious were the outputs of idols and guitarists Izzy Stradlin and Slash and bassist Duff McKagan. In a hotel in Belo Horizonte, Reed spoke at last Tuesday by telephone about the past and the present group.

Zero Hour - In Brazil, we know the Guns N 'Roses when it was a very successful band. You met the band before that, in the bars of Los Angeles? I already gave you imagine the success that come from?

Dizzy Reed - You could, yes. There were many bands in Los Angeles, coming from all sides of the United States, and 99% were not very good (laughs). But few saw that you were good. Guns N 'Roses, the first time I saw them, knew at the time: the quality of them was the kind of thing only happens once in a while. They had everything, and the rest is history, as they say (laughs).

ZH - At this time the band had a reputation for tough and difficult. That's it?

Dizzy - is difficult to make such judgments. One of the things that I always liked the Guns N 'Roses is that it was all too real, true. They were what they were, there was no pretending. With success, the differences surfaced. The band we have now is the best I ever had. All musicians are absolutely incredible, and when everything fits is great - and it always happens, because we all work we are doing and want to give people the best show possible. It is very professional, and good to be part of something.

ZH - How difficult or easy to work with as a frontman Axl Rose today?

Dizzy - Well .. (brief pause). We've been doing this for a long time. In case of a show, sometimes there may be strange situations and problems, but we have a fantastic team that helps keep things running. People will realize that our level of production is high. I just try to do my part. If I do, and I think I'm doing the best I can, that's easy. Just be professional. A guy like Axl tries to surround the best, and if you do your best, it works. He just hopes that things are rolling, and is what we do (laughs). The hard part is to ensure that everything will be cool. Has a lot of hard work involved, but the mood is cool, we laugh a lot. And when we're on stage, it passes over any bullshit. It's nice when it works.

ZH - How were the times when guys like Duff McKagan and Slash left the band? There was that feeling of "Now what do we do?"

Dizzy - I play in bands since kid. Whenever someone leaves, the first feeling is this. Especially if a band is cohesive, if people are friends. But you have to overcome that. "They do not want to be here, so that if f *! We'll follow. "Of course not easy to replace people. We were lucky: we now have the Tommy Stinson (bass) and it breaks everything rings true. And the three guitarists that we are now among the best who ever played. We have a killer band, and we resolve and who does what and when. Nothing against guitarists, but sometimes they are driven by ego and become difficult to work - and these guys do not go to that side. This appears in music and performance - and I think the public will see this.

ZH - According to reports the show of Brasilia, was difficult to hear the voice of Axl. It was something with him or some technical problem? Have you noticed something?

Dizzy - From where I was on stage, he sounded good. But each has its perception. On stage, we give everything we have, and should not have such problems in the coming shows.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »

How much capacity is this place?  It's a field right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »

This is the venue I think

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:23:26 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

The concert will be held on the parking lot...

This venue is really small, up to 5000 seats.

There are already 20k tickets sold (it was 16k and it was sold out within a week, so they moved the place to this parking lot.) and there's still tickets available to General Admission floors.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »

There are already 20k tickets sold (it was 16k and it was sold out within a week, so they moved the place to this parking lot.) and there's still tickets available to General Admission floors.

So, it's in the parking lot of the venue pictured above?

Sweetness is a virtue
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »

another amazing show...about 20000 tickets sold (it was on one of the previous topics)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:27:50 PM by bolton » Logged
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »

So, it's in the parking lot of the venue pictured above?

Yes. I believe the stage would be on one of the red areas I pointed on the picture below, but it's just a guess...

The venue where the theater is has a really nice structure, with a little mall, coffee shops and restaurants, hence why it's big and with a low capacity.

Guifris
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 02:06:53 PM »

Going there later =D
ottosporteman
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »

Finally found exactly how the stage will be placed!!

http://zerohora.clicrbs.com.br/pdf/7897649.pdf

It's on the first red rectangle I posted with the picture.... Right besides the convention center...

Christian
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »

Doors are opened!
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »

Take some photos as it fills up.
alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »

Are we having live stream tonight?  Grin

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
juadlu
Headliner

Unashamed Axl lover :-)

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »

This is the venue I think

are you sure this is the venue-when i look it up i get this image-

not that it's THAT important-i just wasn't sure myself.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:42:54 PM by juadlu » Logged

gustavo_adami
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »

Christian
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »

Source: Luana - PerfectCrimeGNR.com
Christian
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:19:57 PM »

A friend of mine just sent me a SMS saying the doors are still closed and crew are finishing the stage preparation
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »

"After 4 hours in the line, I?m inside. The view from the bleachers is AWESOME!"

Source: Giuliana from PerfectCrimeGNR.com

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »

from baz's blog:

"...Which brings us to tonights show in Porto Alegre. When our truck rolled off the cliff, all the drums were smashed. Bobby's 'Angel Down' custom bass drum heads do not exist anymore (total bummer). Worse yet, when the truck was at the bottom of the cliff, locals came out & raided the scene, stealing whatever they could. All of Johnny Chromatic's guitars are missing right now. The airlines lost Johnny's luggage as well on the way to Rio. Johnny is right now on tour in South America with literally no instruments & no clothes. All he has right now is the shirt & shorts he is wearing. Lucky for him it's warm down here! We all feel like total shit for Johnny. Guns N' Roses have been kind enough to offer us use of any equiptment we need for the rest of the tour. Which means we can play the gigs! As I write this at 6pm local time, we have no idea what time we're going on tonight. GNR's backline is still not on the stage due to the 19 hour drive from Rio to Porto Alegre. We are shooting for a 9pm set time but it could be later. It has taken us all everything we got to pull off tonight's show... the show must go on! See you in a couple of hours Porto Alegre!..."

there's more to read in the bach thread in bad obsession but figured i'd only post about what he said about tonights show
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »

That's awful. People taking advantage of a bad situation. Whoever stole their equpment i hope karma bites them in the ass hard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: