Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio de Janeiro press release
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio de Janeiro press release  (Read 4451 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: March 14, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!! ATTENTION: The March 14th Guns N' Roses show in Rio De Janeiro at Apoteose Stadium has been officially canceled for this evening due to the stage collapsing because of heavy rains. Stay tuned for more info and possible rescheduling information as we receive it. There is a possibility the show may be rescheduled for tomorrow night March 15th or at a later date. There fortunately are no fatalities but there are injuries from both our camp and Rio crews the extent of which is not known at present. The Rio Fire Dept is evacuating crews out of the venue to avoid further injuries with the heavy rains and winds. Details are just coming in. Also a truck w/part of The Sebastian Bach Band's gear has rolled on the trip from Sao Paulo to Rio what is our understanding several times and we are awaiting details on the safety of the driver at this time.   Thank you for your understanding and please be safe out there. Thank you. Axl Rose-

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

In addition, Del asked me to post the following:

- The stage in Rio collapsed due to a massive thunder storm.  Doors to the stadium had not yet opened to the public so no fans were inside when the stage collapsed.  The band was not at the venue when this occurred  The earliest reports lead us to to believe that there may have been casualties and serious injuries.  Thankfully that was not the case.  Everyone in the GNR crew are shaken up but doing fine. We will keep everyone posted as more information comes in but the most important thing is that everyone, GNR as well as local crew and stage hands, are alive and well.

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:56:33 PM »

Well we're just glad to hear that you, and the entire crew and of course all the fans aren't seriously injured or harmed.

Stay safe J-man....My first thought when hearing about the stage collapsing was remembering seeing you hanging out under a walkway in Hamilton, so first and formost, we're definitely glad you're ok.

Stay strong guys, and hopefully the driver from the Bach bus is alright.....The most important thing is that all of you are ok...please keep us updated with any goings on

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »

In addition, Del asked me to post the following:

- The stage in Rio collapsed due to a massive thunder storm.  Doors to the stadium had not yet opened to the public so no fans were inside when the stage collapsed.  The band was not at the venue when this occurred  The earliest reports lead us to to believe that there may have been casualties and serious injuries.  Thankfully that was not the case.  Everyone in the GNR crew are shaken up but doing fine. We will keep everyone posted as more information comes in but the most important thing is that everyone, GNR as well as local crew and stage hands, are alive and well.

Thanks, that's good to know.  This sounds horrible but could have been worse.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »

Thanks for letting us know that you and the others are okay.  Please keep us updated on those who were injured.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gustavo_adami
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:46 PM »

RIO UPDATE: All injuries appear to be minor. There were originally radio reports of a fatality which has fortunately turned out to be false. Initial reports are that our staging is for the most part ok but a more accurate assessment is being made. No word yet on if the show will be moved to tomorrow the 15th or another night. Reportedly Baz's truck driver is ok as well. Thank you again for your understanding.
Axl-
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »

RIO UPDATE: All injuries appear to be minor. There were originally radio reports of a fatality which has fortunately turned out to be false. Initial reports are that our staging is for the most part ok but a more accurate assessment is being made. No word yet on if the show will be moved to tomorrow the 15th or another night. Reportedly Baz's truck driver is ok as well. Thank you again for your understanding.
Axl-

Again...thankfully everyone is ok....I know the band spends alot of time backstage, and as odds go, they probably weren't going to be in the damage zone....I was more worried about Jarmo, who I've seen under the stage, around the stage, and every which way in between....it's a relief to see him post...

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 08:10:17 PM »

RIO UPDATE: All injuries appear to be minor. ......... Reportedly Baz's truck driver is ok as well.

Thank God.  That's good to hear.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »

whew, that could've been one of the worst disasters in music history.  Luckily it happened before the concert and that no one was in the area.  Stay safe.
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »

Not great news to hear! Sad
And I'm glad that everyone is ok!

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »

Just make sure you keep postin' the news Jarmo. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know myself I just wanna hear that everyone is ok, and that nothing overly bad happened.  As much as I've joked and jabbed at times, the truth is, metal structures are one thing, and so is a cancelled concert. These kinda things are bad, but in the grand scheme of things, they're nothing compared to the well being of the people involved, especially our very own, very pasty admin....

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »

Thanx a lot for this news!!! at least we have the real facts and no shit made by the local/international press!!!
And thanx to God that everyone is fine!!!!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Christian
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

Maybe we have a TV Report from the major TV Channel here in Brazil.

Thanks god we had no high injuries/death.

Annie
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

I am glad that everybody is OK! How scarey that must have been.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »

Thank God for everyone's life and health!
Hope the show can happen tomorrow (or any other night except for saturday).

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Christian
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »

Maybe we have a TV Report from the major TV Channel here in Brazil.

Thanks god we had no high injuries/death.

Just 1 minute ago.

It showed a little video (10 seconds, i guess) from the same angle of this photo:
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 09:10:48 PM »

Wow!  Shocked That pic is scary!  Thank god no one was hurt ok
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 12:48:04 AM »

Zero Hora, bigger newspaper in Porto Alegre, is reporting that the concert here will NOT be rescheduled, and will happen as planned.

Also, they have a new photo of the destroyed stage in Rio:

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »

man thats a scary looking picture

thank god this happened before the concert and no fans, crew or band members were seriously injured or worse
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:01:51 AM by Jeramy » Logged

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 02:04:24 AM »

Thank Jarmo for the update. I'm happy that you, the crew, GNR and all the fans are safe. I didn't sleep tonight because of that.
Thanks again.
Take care.
Sixgnr from Italy

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: