Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 04:00:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Apoteose [CANCELLED SHOW + INFO]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Apoteose [CANCELLED SHOW + INFO]  (Read 18205 times)
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »

Just came from Apoteose... i feel incredibly sad...

i was waiting for the show since 5 PM. Bought a coat for the rain, got completely wet and freezed (yeah, it turned really cool when the heavy rain felt down, and there was a very intense wind also.

Now, all i need, all i want, all i pray, is the band reschedules the show for tomorrow. Otherwise im fucked up, so do all the money i put to do this trip.
I'm very sad for you. But you are safe and this is the most important thing. You'll see that they are finding a solution.
Take care of you.
Sixgnr

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Christian
VIP

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »

While i was making the line outside the venue, the rain was very heavy and so do the wind, but i would have never, by any chance, imagined what was happening with the stage. People from the neighbourhood were singing, playing football under the rain, and the overall vibe was really great. The rain was making the day attractive in some way, because it was very hot before it started raining. Trust me, i would have never imagined what was happening with the stage. No fan got injured or hurt, i saw no ambulances or people being assisted.

A guy from the organization, using a megaphone, said the show was cancelled and that the date could be rescheduled. Thats all.

I saw a lot, a real lot of people crying, dont wanting to leave the area, expecting some kind of miracle, like an announce of ?the show will happen later, you just have to wait?. Because, when the guy with the megaphone said the show was cancelled, there was no rain anymore. Anyway, it is still raining right now, and i really feel like a dead body.

All i ask to God, the band, whoever responsible of setting the new date, is... tomorrow. They have to think about people who has travelled from very far. I can attend the show tomorrow, i could attend the 16th (but there is a date in porto alegre), but if they reeschedule the date to a later moment, im fucked up.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 08:03:34 PM »

While i was making the line outside the venue, the rain was very heavy and so do the wind, but i would have never, by any chance, imagined what was happening with the stage. People from the neighbourhood were singing, playing football under the rain, and the overall vibe was really great. The rain was making the day attractive in some way, because it was very hot before it started raining. Trust me, i would have never imagined what was happening with the stage. No fan got injured or hurt, i saw no ambulances or people being assisted.

A guy from the organization, using a megaphone, said the show was cancelled and that the date could be rescheduled. Thats all.

I saw a lot, a real lot of people crying, dont wanting to leave the area, expecting some kind of miracle, like an announce of ?the show will happen later, you just have to wait?. Because, when the guy with the megaphone said the show was cancelled, there was no rain anymore. Anyway, it is still raining right now, and i really feel like a dead body.

All i ask to God, the band, whoever responsible of setting the new date, is... tomorrow. They have to think about people who has travelled from very far. I can attend the show tomorrow, i could attend the 16th (but there is a date in porto alegre), but if they reeschedule the date to a later moment, im fucked up.

man at least you ll get to see them in Argentina.(which I know will be muchh better than anything else).. people from rio would be really fucked up if there is no re-schedule..

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
gustavo_adami
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »

RIO UPDATE: All injuries appear to be minor. There were originally radio reports of a fatality which has fortunately turned out to be false. Initial reports are that our staging is for the most part ok but a more accurate assessment is being made. No word yet on if the show will be moved to tomorrow the 15th or another night. Reportedly Baz's truck driver is ok as well. Thank you again for your understanding.
Axl-
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »

i know this doesnt depend on Axl nor any person of the crew. Problems with the stage and the equipment could have been big.

But re-scheduling the date for tomorrow will be the best of the options. Booking one extra night in rio could be done for a few reais, and I would change my airplane tickets if it was necessary, but there will be a lot of fans who have traveled from very far that will not be able to attend if the show is rescheduled for a later date.

Im really shocked with what happened to the stage and the equipment. No one in being outside, waiting to enter, could have imagined that at all.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »

Got home now... Saw the exact moment the stage collapsed, meters away from our line.  

Just want to share how sad I feel right now... for me, for the band, crew (Saw an ambulance speeding on the street where the premium floor line was), for all the fans that have been waiting for 9 years like me, following the band with passion every single day through HTGTH and other boards/sites... it hurts deeply.

There's nothing worst for a musician to be taken the chance to play for the fans.
I imagine how Axl and the guys feel right now.

That situation was just beyond anyone's imagination.

Really hope every fan got home OK, hope the crew is fine now, and that the show can be rescheduled  for tomorrow, cause there are many fans from other states of Brazil, and even from other coutries. I'm from Rio, but, for example, if the show happens on the next saturday, I'll be traveling (until april 10th!), and couldn't attend.

I must also congratulate the organizers that took the right decision to prevent fans from entering the venue earlier.
They avoided a big tragedy.. just check the photos. I could be dead now.

Well, good luck to everyone, and a quick recover for the eventually injured. Take care.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:41:40 PM by Reinaldo » Logged

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »

From Axl's Twitter:

RIO UPDATE: They're now saying the venue actually experienced a minor tornado. Either that or regional Global media blowing usual hot air.
J/k !! Love, El Gordo!!

Shocked  Shocked

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:24 PM »

hahaha El Gordo rules!!! lmfao

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »

What does El Gordo mean?  I asked someone who knows some casual spanish, but he didn't know.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »

What does El Gordo mean?  I asked someone who knows some casual spanish, but he didn't know.

the fat...

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »

the fat...

Ahh...thanks Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »

I was there. It was crazy! Truly a day when everything was supposed to go wrong. For instance: the bus I took to go to the venue had to stop in the middle of Brasil Av. because there was a gunshot fire, in the middle of the highway, when two gangs from Flamengo and Vasco (footbal teams that played today, at Maracanã) crossed eachother's way, so they decided to take a few shots and stop the traffic on the biggest highway of the city. But let's not focus on the negativity... Roll Eyes

No one in line could imagine what happaned, and I'm glad the gates weren't open sooner, otherwise we might have had a bigger tragedy. Usually the gates are open around 5pm, luckly today they didn't.

I trully hope this show can be rescheduled, hopefully for tomorrow's night. That way most peole who came from other cities/states/countries can attend to the concert with fewer problems to reprogram their plans!

It was sad to see people crying because the show was canceled... Cry
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:18:46 PM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »

unbelievable!  Shocked

*sending positive energies to you Brazilians*, have faith  peace

I love Axl's humour, so sweet Grin makes me wanna tighten those cheeks while saying you're soooooo cute my gordo hermoso! LOL

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2010, 11:10:37 PM »

Lets all just be glad it happened before the band took the stage an before the crowd were let in!!!! This could have been a total disaster!!!!!

Everybody has to remember this is in "no way any fault of GNR"!!!

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »

I slept only 4 hours to catch the flight to Rio. Spent a lot of money doing that. And I cant make it if they play tomorrow. Still, Im not pissed at all.

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 01:05:26 AM »

Jeeez!! What sad news to wake up to!

Thank God the gate weren't opened, and that the fans and (most of) the crew are unharmed!

Fingers crossed for that show can be rescheduled for tomorrow!                         

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 02:59:06 AM »

Thats just plain bad luck for you Brazilian fans! But at least everyone's safe and in reasonable spirits. I'm sure Axl will try his hardest to make it back to you in the best way possible.

Here today...ready to rock
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 04:47:51 AM »

This is sad news to wake upto but it could have been allot worse i`m glad everyone is ok ,the picture of the stage looks frightening it makes you realise how lucky everyone has been  hope you get your rescheduled show.
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »

I was there. It was crazy! Truly a day when everything was supposed to go wrong. For instance: the bus I took to go to the venue had to stop in the middle of Brasil Av. because there was a gunshot fire, in the middle of the highway, when two gangs from Flamengo and Vasco (footbal teams that played today, at Maracan?) crossed eachother's way, so they decided to take a few shots and stop the traffic on the biggest highway of the city. But let's not focus on the negativity... Roll Eyes

Fuck... Shocked

anyone got hurt?.

I'm a big fan of Universidad Catolica, Chilean team soccer, so I aprecciate the info, now I know I must be prepared when Flamengo fans come to Chile  hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: