Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Guest On Macy Gray's New Album 'The Sellout' Due In June
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Guest On Macy Gray's New Album 'The Sellout' Due In June  (Read 12391 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »

^^Apparently they all play on the song "Kissed It".

...the Joan Jett meets T- Rex thump and screaming Slash guitar of "Kissed It"

Track Listings
1. The Sellout
2. Lately
3. Kissed It (featuring Velvet Revolver)
4. Still Hurts (featuring Romika)
5. Beauty In The World
6. Help Me
7. Let You Win
8. That Man
9. Stalker
10. Real Love (featuring Bobby Brown)
11. On & On
12. The Comeback

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 03:28:55 PM »

how's this for irony; Macy Gray gets praised for admiring Axl yet Slash and Co play with her and are labeled sell-outs - maybe she asked Axl as well but he told her to go scratch herself
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 04:20:35 PM »

how's this for irony; Macy Gray gets praised for admiring Axl yet Slash and Co play with her and are labeled sell-outs - maybe she asked Axl as well but he told her to go scratch herself
[/quo

hihi hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

hahaha Slash playing on "the Sellout"

that is pretty funny.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 04:06:39 AM »

Haha!  i saw that thread the other day and i replied this same thing but my post disappeared  hihi
She's cool for liking Axl but god forbid Slash would play with her...!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 09:31:44 PM »

Wow, Slash playing on an album called "The Sellout", ironic ain't it.

haha, it's hilarious.
check your brain.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 01:56:27 AM »

I'm just glad I never said anything bad about Macy Gray.  Then again, I never said anything good about her either.

I'll say this, she's got a good eye for talent and a good taste in music.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Featured On New MACY GRAY Album - May 21, 2010

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER members Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass) and Matt Sorum (drums) are among the featured collaborators on Macy Gray's new album, "The Sellout", due on June 22.

"The Sellout" is the Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter's first album in more than three years and will be released by Concord Records in the U.S., Island Records in the U.K. and Universal Music Group internationally.

"The Sellout", featuring 12 new songs, was co-written and executive-produced by Gray in Los Angeles throughout 2009. The album was mixed by four- time Grammy Award-winning mixer Manny Marroquin, whose credits include Top 10 singles for Lady Gaga, Jay Z, Rihanna, Alicia Keyes, Kanye West and John Mayer.

"The Sellout" track listing:

01. The Sellout
02. Lately
03. Kissed It (featuring Velvet Revolver)
04. Still Hurts (featuring Romika)
05. Beauty In The World
06. Help Me
07. Let You Win
08. That Man
09. Stalker
10. Real Love (featuring Bobby Brown)
11. On & On
12. The Comeback

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140502

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »

The track's not bad at all, but not really my kind of thing either. You can barely hear Slash's guitar, there's a rumbling beat throughout the song with some pounding bass lines and some synth. Slash's guitar is really just heard from the solo on to the end.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

The track's not bad at all, but not really my kind of thing either. You can barely hear Slash's guitar, there's a rumbling beat throughout the song with some pounding bass lines and some synth. Slash's guitar is really just heard from the solo on to the end.
Haven't listened to the track, but if it is hard to hear him I don't get it.  Same thing with Rhianna.  Why bring in Slash and have him barely audible on your record?  Is it enough for them to just say he's on the track without having him stand out in any which way.  With all these hip hop artists to have songs "featuring" other singers, THEY can clearly be heard.  Are the rules different for guitarists?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »

Haven't listened to the track, but if it is hard to hear him I don't get it.  Same thing with Rhianna.  Why bring in Slash and have him barely audible on your record?  Is it enough for them to just say he's on the track without having him stand out in any which way.  With all these hip hop artists to have songs "featuring" other singers, THEY can clearly be heard.  Are the rules different for guitarists?

During the verses his guitar is heard way in the background, I think it's the same thing with the Rihanna track, there's plenty of guitar tracks recorded but the producer decided to cut it back in the mix. Same thing with this track, this could've been a rock song if mixed and treated like one but it's mixed and produced so that it doesn't really sound like a rock song.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »

Macy Gray's song "Kissed It" with Slash, Duff and Matt is available for streaming here:

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/macy-gray-album-premiere-hear-the-sellout-1004097982.story?tag=hpflash1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »

Cheesy @ the photo here:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/05/24/macy-gray-is-the-new-singer-for-velvet-revolver/

The song on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JeastZ_hGg

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: