Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Guest On Macy Gray's New Album 'The Sellout' Due In June
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Guest On Macy Gray's New Album 'The Sellout' Due In June  (Read 12403 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 03, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »

Maybe Duff and Matt also...

RELEASE DATE: 18 MAY 2010
LABEL: CONCORD RECORDS
GENRE: POP & ROCK

Concord Records is proud to announce the release of Macy Gray's new album, entitled The Sellout.

The Sellout is the Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter's first album in more than 3 years and will be released by Concord Records in the U.S., Island Records in the U.K. and Universal Music Group, internationally.

The Sellout, featuring 12 new songs, was co-written and executive produced by Gray in Los Angeles throughout 2009. The album was mixed by four- time Grammy Award winning mixer Manny Marroquin whose credits include top 10 singles for Lady Gaga, Jay Z, Rihanna, Alicia Keyes, Kanye West and John Mayer. Collaborators on the album include T.I., Bobby Brown, The Bodyrockers' Kaz James and Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum formerly of Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver.

Sparkling melodies and personal lyrical insights dazzle throughout The Sellout, an authentic and confidently delivered statement from one of contemporary music's most skillful and creative forces. The highlights are rich and plentiful including the alluring, soul-pop groove of "Lately", "That Man" a mouth-watering slice of Ting Ting's inflected 80's new-wave, the Joan Jett meets T- Rex thump and screaming Slash guitar of "Kissed It", and the beguiling, "Still Hurts", a vulnerable, emotion filled keep-sake ballad, just to name a few.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:25:54 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »

Thought Macy Grays 15 minutes of fame passed years ago....

html sucks
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:54:02 PM »

God, Slash...quit playing with these lame artists.   It's getting pretty fuckin pathetic.   
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »

I'm surprised no one said anything about the album being called "The sellout"  hihi
This board is usually like a pack of wolves on that stuff.

But to see a T-Rex comparison gets me giddy

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »

Wow, Slash playing on an album called "The Sellout", ironic ain't it.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 02:47:43 AM »

Love how all the talk is about Slash when it also says that Duff and Matt are on it too.  Give the guy a fuckin break.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »

Love how all the talk is about Slash when it also says that Duff and Matt are on it too.  Give the guy a fuckin break.

This would involve reading more than the word 'Slash' in the subject title. People's brains may overload.... Wink rofl
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 01:42:33 AM »

who cares what albums he plays on, maybe thats how he gets his musical diversity like how axl gets his dick sucked for doing
suicide
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 03:54:22 AM »

who cares what albums he plays on, maybe thats how he gets his musical diversity like how axl gets his dick sucked for doing
I agree with you oldgunsfan. If you don't like the albums he plays on just don't buy them and don't listen to these songs.
You know, Richard Fortus worked with Britney Spears and NSync and toured with Nena (whose 15 minutes of fame also passed years ago...., right mrlee?) but does that make him less cool? No way! They are musicians, they like to play music and make a living out of it. Or as Slash said it: ?I?m like a music whore. I wanna go out and fuck everybody.?  Grin
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 09:33:34 AM »

Ya know it's so funny how all you slash fans have to take shots at Axl or Richard just to make the things your hero does seem ok.   rofl
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 09:42:26 AM »

Ya know it's so funny how all you slash fans have to take shots at Axl or Richard just to make the things your hero does seem ok.   rofl

It's not taking shots. It's pointing out facts that make your arguments ridiculous. I have absolutely no problem with Richard playing with whoever the fuck he wants to play with... just like I have no problem with Slash doing the same. It's their job to play music, for fuck's sake!
And I'm not what you'd call a "Slash" fan... some of his decisions have annoyed me, and I've voiced my annoyance at them. But trying to dictate who a musician can play with is just stupid... especially when you have no problem with other musicians playing with who they want to.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 10:14:27 AM »

just gotta say, Rihanna's the sexiest gurrl in tha world drool
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »

Its funny how if your a fan of Slash's music, people seem to think that makes him our "Hero".
If Axl or Richard are doing the same thing that you're hating on Slash for, then its a valid arguement  ok 
Ive read one too many of your troll like posts.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
suicide
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 10:48:27 AM »

I'm a BIG fan of Richard Fortus, I love his work (Love Spit Love / Honky Toast / James Bond Theme / ...) and I'm not taking shots at anyone. Yes, it is possible to like current, past (and future) members of GN'R!
Besides, this could be a killer track.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »

Between all of the arguements about Slash Tweeting, jamming with other musicians and blaming others for albums failing,   GNR have also done all them things, so therefore your arguements are void.

Give the dude a break.

And with that, im off to the Pub!  Good luck dudes!

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »

The people who I am talking about taking shots at Guns know who they are, I wasn't talking about AxlReznor or suicide. The people I'm talking about always have to find a way to take shots at GNR to make their hero look good or to make the things he does seem valid. I'm just calling them on their shit.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »

The people who I am talking about taking shots at Guns know who they are, I wasn't talking about AxlReznor or suicide. The people I'm talking about always have to find a way to take shots at GNR to make their hero look good or to make the things he does seem valid. I'm just calling them on their shit.

Oh please. Why don't you clean up your own shit first? Perhaps the reason you feel people are taking shots at GN'R are because even current GN'R members have done the very things YOU seem to criticize? Stop trolling this section and go post in your Finck thread.

Fuck 'Em All.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »

Between all of the arguements about Slash Tweeting, jamming with other musicians and blaming others for albums failing,   GNR have also done all them things, so therefore your arguements are void.

Give the dude a break.

And with that, im off to the Pub!  Good luck dudes!

liquid meals are the best, good job ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

nobody here is taking shots at axl; just pointing out some "inconsistintcies" among certain trollers in the slash portions of this board
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »

Macy Gray Teams Up With Guns N' Roses Stars On New Album 'The Sellout'

Which is released next month...

May 19, 2010

Macy Gray is set to release her first album in three years next month.

?The Sellout? features collaborations with former Guns N? Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.

It was co-written and executive produced by Gray in Los Angeles throughout 2009.

"'The Sellout' tells the story of how I found my salvation in just being myself instead of who other people thought I should be,? she said in a statement.

?The Sellout?, which is Gray?s follow-up to 2007?s ?Big?, is released on June 22 in the UK and US.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/56416/Macy-Gray-Teams-Up-With-Guns-N-Roses-Stars-On-New-Album-The-Sellout

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: