Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 140536 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #600 on: January 09, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »

Ravens doing that THANG!

Amber Alert on Dwayne Bowe.... is he even in uniform today?

LETS GO VICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pumped for this Eagles game

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #601 on: January 09, 2011, 06:15:54 PM »

Colts have way too many injuries. revis shuts down Wayne. Cromartie shuts down Garcon.

colts struggle against LT and Sanchize will be able to complete enough passes.

FUCK i should start a psychic network
Cromartie didn't shut down Garcon.  Aside from that, you were spot on.  Eagles didn't look too hot in the first half.  We'll see if they can turn things around.  I'm thinking "no" though.  I was 0 for yesterday, maybe I can get a clean sweep today.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #602 on: January 09, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »

Caldwell's timeout with 29 seconds? left was possibly the stupidest thing I've seen this week.
Y?
Someone please explain it to me.

Sanchez looked terrible.

D, your psychic energy isn't working in this Packers-Eagles game.  If the Packers hold on, I'll be 50% for the week.  Got the Ravens and Packers...Jets and 'hawks spoiled it.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #603 on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »

Caldwell's timeout with 29 seconds? left was possibly the stupidest thing I've seen this week.
Y?
Someone please explain it to me.

Sanchez looked terrible.

D, your psychic energy isn't working in this Packers-Eagles game.  If the Packers hold on, I'll be 50% for the week.  Got the Ravens and Packers...Jets and 'hawks spoiled it.

That one even boggled my mind. At first i thought it was a Jets timeout, then they said Indy and i was like what? They just killed themselves. That effectively gave the Jets an extra play at the least.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #604 on: January 09, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »

I was 3 for 4 against the spread as i  took Seattle with 10.5pts

Gutted over Eagles. Vick shouldve spiked it and they set up a play.

Akers WTF  happened?

BULLSHIT not throwing a flag on Celek getting murdered.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #605 on: January 09, 2011, 09:12:02 PM »

Akers WTF  happened?

disagree on the Celek hit.  actually, I think the Packer held up a bit, didn't hit him in the head...overall, a no-call was right in my opinion.
Rodgers is the man.  That ending doesn't happen if James Jones catches the perfect pass from Aaron.
Jones is an effing liability.  Get Jordy Nelson out there.  Yeah, Jones has speed, but he' reminds me of that dude from back in the day Ashlie Lelie...great speed, but hands of a 90-year old with peripheral neuropathy!
...plus D, I hope u were watching Vick...trade him from your fantasy team while u can still get studs.  I'd trade him for Foster in a heartbeat.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #606 on: January 09, 2011, 11:14:13 PM »

Akers WTF  happened?

disagree on the Celek hit.  actually, I think the Packer held up a bit, didn't hit him in the head...overall, a no-call was right in my opinion.
Rodgers is the man.  That ending doesn't happen if James Jones catches the perfect pass from Aaron.
Jones is an effing liability.  Get Jordy Nelson out there.  Yeah, Jones has speed, but he' reminds me of that dude from back in the day Ashlie Lelie...great speed, but hands of a 90-year old with peripheral neuropathy!
...plus D, I hope u were watching Vick...trade him from your fantasy team while u can still get studs.  I'd trade him for Foster in a heartbeat.

Yeah, that Celek hit was completely legal and clean.  No flag needed.  Especially if they didn't throw one on Asante Samuel earlier when he clearly led with his helmet.  They explained that the receiver wasn't defenseless and had established himself as a runner at that point, but it was still leading with the head.  And the Eagles were completely outplayed in that game.  Yes they had a CHANCE to win it at the end, but the Packers controlled the entire game and deserved to win.  And yeah, Vick didn't look quite as good down the stretch of the season.  Not saying that will continue into next year, but all that MVP talk may have been a bit premature.  He AND the Eagles spit the bit the last month or so.  As for Vick's fantasy potential vs. Brady, who knows.  I think it's clear that Tom Brady is the better player in REAL LIFE.  Vick stands a fighting chance in fantasy though because he'll get you points on rushing yards alone, but I'd still go with Tom, as he's more of a sure thing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »

Akers WTF  happened?

cant get Foster but even with that game, Vick still would've scored 27 fantasy points. soooooooo even a bad game he outdoes pretty much every QB's good game.

also, Philly will upgrade O line. no QB could do much behind that line. Jackson going out early hurt Philly also.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:33:39 PM by D » Logged

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #608 on: January 10, 2011, 01:08:42 AM »

I'm disappointed, but I didn't have a lot of confidence anyway. The Packers are a very good team, much better than your average sixth seed. Clay Matthews is a beast.

Still, even though it felt like the Eagles were out-played all game, they missed a ton of opportunities that could've turned things around. Akers is usually Mr. Reliable, but he missed two FGs. That's 6 points off the board in a 5-point loss. (Although they should have just went for it on the 4th-and-1.) If Celek keeps his heel inbounds on that 2-pt conversion then it would've put the Eagles within three. That would've changed how the Eagles played at the end, since they were already in FG range (although with the day Akers was having, that's not a given). DeSean Jackson hurting his knee early in the game didn't help things. Even though he eventually returned, he seemed to lack his usual burst. The Eagles committed a lot of penalties, too.

This season turned out much better than I had anticipated, though. Before the season started I figured the Eagles would be lucky to win five or six games this year. But then Vick came in and played out of his mind and took the offense to new heights. Hopefully the Eagles re-sign him. Kolb could start for a few teams in this league, but he's still barely above average, imo. With an improved offensive line, Vick could really do some damage to opposing defenses. Too many times this year he had to run for his life. After the first Giants game, defenses figured out that the Eagles couldn't pick up a blitz, and that's when the Eagles started to struggle a bit on offense.

The downfall of this Eagles team was mostly on the defense, though. It was average to begin with, but with Hobbs and Bradley and Nate Allen and Graham and other guys going down to injury, they just couldn't make key stops anymore. I mean, if they made Joe Webb look like Mike Vick a couple weeks ago, how were they going to stop Rodgers?

It was a fun weekend of football, though. The only game that wasn't any good was the Chiefs-Ravens.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:22:18 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #609 on: January 10, 2011, 07:11:39 PM »

Gilee, the coulda, woulda, shoulda things are tough because you know as well as me, if James Jones doesn't go Darius Heward-Bey on that PERFECTLY thrown touchdown pass, that game doesn't get tight again.

D and Faldor, are you confident the 5' 11" 205 pound pinball's gonna continue to run like this?  Are you a tad concerned the Eagles want to keep both Vick AND Kolb?  (yes, that could be the Eagles feigning interest in keeping Kolb just to drive his trade value up though) but it could be Fat Man Reid doesn't believe Michael's gonna hold up over a 16 (possibly soon-to-be) 18 game season not counting a possible 3 or 4 postseason games.
Take Vick's legs away and you've got an average fantasy quarterback at best. (he aint gonna be runnin' like this for too many more seasons)  Brady's going to be Brady for more seasons than Vick's gonna be Vick.  Does that make sense?  I will say I like Rodgers as a fantasy qb a little better than Brady...but that's even in a little question now with Rodgers concussion history.  Even with the concussions, I'll take Rodgers over Vick in fantasy OR reality.

Honestly, I truly believe Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL.  I can't guarantee he's going to get his 4th Ring to match Montana in Rings this season (that Steelers D with Polamalu is sick!) but I do believe he will get the 4th Ring.  What he has done WITHOUT the greatest wr to ever play the game, and a supporting cast that is just not as good compared to the rest of the league (like Montana had), helps bolster the argument.  And, it's much tougher to get 4 Rings in today's NFL than it was in the '70's and '80's when there was less parity.

Gilee, tough to pin it on Philly's D more than the O though.  Both sides of the ball had their problems.  The Eagles D should have given up 28 points (that Jones drop was a gift), and giving up 125 yards of rushing to a 3rd or 4th string running back...that's rough.
The Eagles receivers dropped some easy catches.  Vick was off on a bunch of throws.  The better team clearly won that game.
 peace 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2011, 01:42:19 AM »

Vick has been a damn good pocket passer this year. I really don't know where u are getting ur stats Prez

he completed over 63 percent of passes, 21tds 6ints

Saw a stat also where Vick had 8TD DROPS by his WR's

i know your McNabb fandom makes it hard for u to support Vick plus his dog fighting, but the stats don't back up what u say about him.

in 12 games, he scores 373pts in my league  Brady in 16 games 383.

so 3/4ths of a season with Vick still is almost better than Brady. with Kolb philly don't win 6 games with that O line.

Imagine if they get some protection? Vick will be unstoppable.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »

I'm late to this party, and I don't know much about fantasy sports as I don't play, but in reality Brady is a sure fire HOFer, who could very well go down a the greatest QB to ever play, and unless Vick has many more seasons similar to this one, he will still go down as one of the biggest busts in sports considering his talent. It's really his first good season, and it ended with a real dud. Vick lost to Joe f*cking Webb's Vikings, failing to get his team a bye week, and then faltered in a playoff game his team was favored in, at home. For someone who was at one point the highest paid QB in the NFL, you'd expect him to have at least as good a playoff record as Rex Grossman, or Kordell Stewart. Brady has 2 less W's as Montana in 5 less tries I believe.

Credit Vick where it's due, he made great strides this year, but in the end, as I told my brother(Mike Vick Superfan #1) you can't cure stupid. He got real greedy on that last throw, and made a pass a smarter, cool headed QB shouldn't make. And for all the talk about his ability to rush, which is sure fun to watch, you don't pay a QB to rush. He made improvements this year, but he normally runs because he lacks the ability to read a defense in time, and is left with no other choice. He sure has the potential, but I guess my point is, until he wins something, his name shouldn't be in the same article as Brady. Flame away!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »

I'm late to this party, and I don't know much about fantasy sports as I don't play, but in reality Brady is a sure fire HOFer, who could very well go down a the greatest QB to ever play, and unless Vick has many more seasons similar to this one, he will still go down as one of the biggest busts in sports considering his talent. It's really his first good season, and it ended with a real dud. Vick lost to Joe f*cking Webb's Vikings, failing to get his team a bye week, and then faltered in a playoff game his team was favored in, at home. For someone who was at one point the highest paid QB in the NFL, you'd expect him to have at least as good a playoff record as Rex Grossman, or Kordell Stewart. Brady has 2 less W's as Montana in 5 less tries I believe.

Credit Vick where it's due, he made great strides this year, but in the end, as I told my brother(Mike Vick Superfan #1) you can't cure stupid. He got real greedy on that last throw, and made a pass a smarter, cool headed QB shouldn't make. And for all the talk about his ability to rush, which is sure fun to watch, you don't pay a QB to rush. He made improvements this year, but he normally runs because he lacks the ability to read a defense in time, and is left with no other choice. He sure has the potential, but I guess my point is, until he wins something, his name shouldn't be in the same article as Brady. Flame away!

LongGoneDay, no flame from me!  I agree.  Now I wouldn't go so far as to say Vick's a huge bust, this season was a big success...but you make a good point, down the stretch Vick faltered.  Vikings-Cowboys-Packers.  The Eagles defense actually (and surprisingly) held those teams to reasonable scores.
Don't worry btw, nobody here would argue Vick's a better qb in real-life than Brady.  That would be assenine.  Fantasy-wise, there is an argument to be made in favor of Vick.  I just think he's a less safe fantasy pick.

...and D, nice use of stats in the last post, but a certain guy I know (you!  hihi) used to tell me, "It isn't all about stats."  This time you're right.   Grin

Fantasy-wise, Vick's potential is through the roof.  He's fantasy crack.  He could blow up for 50 or 60 fantasy points like he did against the 'skins.  BUT...
As long as Fat Man Reid is around, he'll be in the mix for 60% of the offensive snaps...that said, he is at a higher risk of injury.  His size makes him a high risk for injury.
As he gets older and slows down (we all slow down) he will be even more susceptible to big hits and injury.
Do you honestly see him healthy for 16 games?  How 'bout when/if they go to 18?  AND postseason on top of that?  I do not.
Think long-term also...do you see the Eagles keeping TO II? (that's DeSean Jackson)  Maclin's solid.  Excellent receiver.  Will Jackson stay in Philly?
Honestly, I do not.

btw D, the dogfighting thing has NOTHING to do with my Vick assessment.  I'd let him watch my dog.  He paid his debt.  He did his time.
...but he's just too risky a fantasy player for my taste.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »

Vick lost Minny game? so he plays defense now also?

I hear the media spew all sorts of bullshit. like how after Giants game, vick started struggling........

He lost to Chicago true, but threw for 333 2tds 1 pick! He didn't give up 31pts to Chicago.

333yards 2tds and 1 pick isn't struggling.

He played a great game against GB 292 2 total tds  that last pick, but if Akers is Akers, or Celek doesn't step out of bounds, or Jackson goes to sideline instead of cutting across field......... who knows?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:13:00 PM by D » Logged

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »

I don't know what's up with all the Vick bashing. The guy was amazing this year. If it wasn't for Tom Brady, Vick would've been the MVP. If it wasn't for Vick, the Eagles would've won 6 games this year, max. Their offensive line is terrible. Vick might be the only guy in the league who could play behind it and still put up such ridiculous stats.

Nobody's arguing that Vick is better than Brady. When all is said and done, Brady is probably going to go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game. And in real life I'd still rather have Brady or Peyton or Rodgers, and maybe a couple of other guys, like Rivers or Brees--- But Vick has turned himself into an excellent QB. He doesn't have to use his legs to be successful anymore. The guy has put in the work, finally started being a professional, and has become a very good pocket passer. His accuracy has skyrocketed (I wish he'd let McNabb in on his secret there). His decision-making has improved. And, considering his small frame, the guy has a freakishly strong arm, which is essential when you've got a guy like DeSean Jackson sprinting past the defense.

Vick's only real knock now is that, due to his size and style of play, he's going to get banged up a lot. It's doubtful he'll be able to play in every game every season, which is why the Eagles need to keep Kolb or have another capable back-up to come in when needed.

Vick's interception at the end of the game was a bad pass, but not a bad decision. The Eagles had no timeouts, they needed a TD to win it, and Vick had Riley Cooper one-on-one in in the endzone. Cooper is like, 6'4 or something, and he was matched up against a 5'10 or 5'11 corner. If Vick had just gotten a little more air under the ball, chances are that Cooper catches that pass to win the game.

And btw, guys, Vick didn't play that last game against the Cowboys. Neither did about half the other starters. So I don't know why you're throwing that out there as proof he "faltered down the stretch."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:49:27 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #615 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »

Yeah really, i mean is Vick suppose to go Undefeated, throw 50tds and 0 picks?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #616 on: January 11, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »

Vick has been a damn good pocket passer this year. I really don't know where u are getting ur stats Prez

he completed over 63 percent of passes, 21tds 6ints

Saw a stat also where Vick had 8TD DROPS by his WR's

i know your McNabb fandom makes it hard for u to support Vick plus his dog fighting, but the stats don't back up what u say about him.

in 12 games, he scores 373pts in my league  Brady in 16 games 383.

so 3/4ths of a season with Vick still is almost better than Brady. with Kolb philly don't win 6 games with that O line.

Imagine if they get some protection? Vick will be unstoppable.

come on man, Vick cant hold Tom Brady's jock.  Brady has 3 things Vick will never, championship rings.  Vick is not the type of quarterback who wins championships.  Those running quarterbacks never win, except for Stever Young, but he was a ridiculous passer.  Vick is not a smart NFL quarterback.  A smart quarterback doesnt throw a ball up for grabs on first down when there is 40 seconds left in a playoff game.  Tom Brady would never make that pass.  Which is why Michael Vick is a bad playoff quarterback.  His shenanigans might work in the regular season, but not when you a playing great teams in the playoffs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2011, 10:37:03 PM »

Bodhi we are talking about Fantasy Football. I had to choose between Brady and Vick in Fantasy.

of course in real life, I'd take Brady over everybody.

How's Vick a bad playoff QB? He was the first to ever win at Lambeau Field.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »

Vick lost Minny game? so he plays defense now also?

Don't put words in my mouth D.
No, Vick doesn't play defense, but he was not at his best in a game against a team (my team, the Vikings) who have a shitty secondary.
How many points did Vick lead his team to, at home mind you, against a God-awful Minnesota road team?  
If you watched the game, the guy was missing easy passes.  He was overthrowing receivers...he was just off.

I warned ya'll when in the week b4, Vick was throwing around 75% and 90% quotes...if that was Donovan, he'd have been skewered.  The honeymoon phase is still in effect in Philly. Smiley

btw, I guarantee you won't be reading articles like this:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/vick-could-be-benched-next-week/
with "great" quarterbacks.

That said, I am not saying Vick is a bad quarterback.  He is what he is.  He is in my opinion the most exciting player to watch in the NFL.  I love his flick-it throwing style (it looks effortless).
I love watching his reckless running style holding the ball like Michael Jackson held his baby (precariously!)...
I guarantee you he will not bring Philly a championship.  Damn, kinda ironic Philly's got itself another big-hearted, undersized guy with a questionable past leading one of its teams...it's like AI.  Loved the guy's heart and talent...but just like with Allen...too small, and he jut isn't gonna bring the Ring.  Wink

...btw, my McNabb fandom has nothing to do with my objective take on Vick.  In fact, if we can get him at a reduced rate, I'll GLADLY take Donovan in Minnesota!  2-year deal to mentor Webb...if the 'skins throw in Fat Albert I'd be a very happy man.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #619 on: January 12, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »

Ok, how well did tom Brady play 2nd half against Jets first time, or Miami where special teams won, or against Cleveland? he even had a bad game against SD as well.

all QB's are due a stinker here and there.So Vick plays ONE bad game, and its blown out of proportion like he now was overrated or figured out, or not gonna be as good. Vick also got injured in the first quarter of that game, and anyone who knows Vick, could tell he wasn't moving like Vick thanks to his quad injury.

I'd like to have seen Brady or anybody else do any better with that blitz in his face within 2 seconds.

Big overlooked stat. Brady had 6 games with under 200 yards passing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:14:19 AM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: