Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 140790 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #560 on: January 03, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »

AFC looks like a cakewalk for the Pats, I'd be shocked if any of the others emerged.

NFC's a little tougher with the Saints, Packers and Falcon's all looking legit and the Eagles a bit beat up...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #561 on: January 03, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »

Ok guys i need some help:

i won 2nd place in my money league. ended up hitting 425 bucks!!!!

anyhow, i now need the experts here to give me some advice.

I have both Tom Brady and Mike Vick. the number 1 and 2 scoring QB's

now we can keep 3 offensive guys but i also have:
Desean Jackson
DarrenMcfadden
Rashard Mendenhaal

my plan is to keep Vick/Jax due to the double pt connection

BUT i don't want to drop Brady for nothing.

I have 2 offers for Brady, please tell me which u would do:

I can trade Brady for Larry Fitzgerald  this is a PPR league by the way

or I can trade Tom Brady and Darren McFadden for Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. remember PPR league

If i do first trade I keep Vick,Desean,Fitz
2nd trade I keep Vick,Roddy White, Brandon marshall

so question is, what would u rather have: Vick,D Jax,Fitz  or Vick  Roddy, B Marshall?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #562 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

I could see the Jets/Colts being a high scoring game. The Jets defense isn't what it was last year and the Colts D is riddled with injuries. I am expecting a much closer game then last years afc championship. The colts or the jets are not nearly as good as last year at least defensively. I don't see anyone stopping the pats in the afc at least though.

In the nfc the falcons and saints i think are the two best teams.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #563 on: January 03, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »

Im rooting for Eagles in the NFC    Pats or ravens AFC

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #564 on: January 03, 2011, 10:24:21 PM »

Ok guys i need some help:

i won 2nd place in my money league. ended up hitting 425 bucks!!!!

anyhow, i now need the experts here to give me some advice.

I have both Tom Brady and Mike Vick. the number 1 and 2 scoring QB's

now we can keep 3 offensive guys but i also have:
Desean Jackson
DarrenMcfadden
Rashard Mendenhaal

my plan is to keep Vick/Jax due to the double pt connection

BUT i don't want to drop Brady for nothing.

I have 2 offers for Brady, please tell me which u would do:

I can trade Brady for Larry Fitzgerald  this is a PPR league by the way

or I can trade Tom Brady and Darren McFadden for Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. remember PPR league

If i do first trade I keep Vick,Desean,Fitz
2nd trade I keep Vick,Roddy White, Brandon marshall

so question is, what would u rather have: Vick,D Jax,Fitz  or Vick  Roddy, B Marshall?

honestly, i'm not sold on vick.  sell high!  keep brady...get a better offer for vick.  i'd want no part of marshall or fitz...no qb equals garbage.  roddy's a stud, but gimme more i'd say.
gl.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #565 on: January 03, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »

WOW this just in

dude offered me Peyton Hillis for Brady straight up...

should i pull the trigger?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #566 on: January 04, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »

I'm with Axl4Prez on this one.  I'm not sold on Vick being a perennial MVP candidate like this year.  He's had a great year this year, no doubt.  But there's no guarantee that he'll do this every season.  Brady, you can pretty much book it.  Vick always has the injury risk too with all the running he does.  I'd be looking to trade Vick instead.  And why wouldn't you keep D-Jax over B. Marshall in that 2nd scenario?

Peyton Hillis is a good RB, but I would think McFadden would have more upside in a PPR league.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #567 on: January 04, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »

Well, the rules are, whoever u trade for after the season, u have to keep. so any 2-2 u have to keep the 2 u trade for.

Hillis in our PPR was 3rd highest scoring RB behind only McCoy and Foster.

I don't want to trade Vick cause he scored 10 fewer points than brady in 4 less games.

We only have a 10 man league, so I will be able toscore a very good backup, I am eyeing Josh Freeman

McFadden did well but he is injury prone, has a major handcuff in Michael Bush, doesn't get goal line carries

Hillis actually caught over 60 balls!

With Vick, u figure he will be even better next year with another off season to train, Philly upgrades Offensive Line...........

Vick has to do less to score than Brady cause of his running ability. So Vick is like having 2 players in 1 cause he is gonna pass comparable to Brady but he is also like having another top RB on your team.

What if, I could trade Vick for Arian Foster and Brady for Hillis

then Keep Foster,Hillis and McFadden? I d have 3 of the top 5 RBS

Then i could draft either Matt Schaub,Tony Romo, Josh Freeman,Big Ben, Flacco,Matt Ryan  to be my QB?

hmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:02:51 PM by D » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #568 on: January 04, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »

Well, the rules are, whoever u trade for after the season, u have to keep. so any 2-2 u have to keep the 2 u trade for.

Hillis in our PPR was 3rd highest scoring RB behind only McCoy and Foster.

I don't want to trade Vick cause he scored 10 fewer points than brady in 4 less games.

We only have a 10 man league, so I will be able toscore a very good backup, I am eyeing Josh Freeman

McFadden did well but he is injury prone, has a major handcuff in Michael Bush, doesn't get goal line carries

Hillis actually caught over 60 balls!

With Vick, u figure he will be even better next year with another off season to train, Philly upgrades Offensive Line...........

Vick has to do less to score than Brady cause of his running ability. So Vick is like having 2 players in 1 cause he is gonna pass comparable to Brady but he is also like having another top RB on your team.

What if, I could trade Vick for Arian Foster and Brady for Hillis

then Keep Foster,Hillis and McFadden? I d have 3 of the top 5 RBS

Then i could draft either Matt Schaub,Tony Romo, Josh Freeman,Big Ben, Flacco,Matt Ryan  to be my QB?

hmmmmmmm

Let me preface this with what u already know about me...I could care less about the dogfighting stuff. The man did his time.  I love watching Vick play football.  I have nothing against him personally.
Think long-term D.
Watch that Eagles-Vikes game again (watch it over and over in your mind).  Huge game for the Eagles...could have helped deliver a #2 seed.  Vick faltered and got hammered over and over.
Brady is more durable.
I understand the lure of Vick...but I would trade him for Foster in a heartbeat. (knowing that I've also got Brady)
Trading Brady AND Vick would be insanity.
I don't believe in Hillis.  Brady for Hillis would be a huge mistake IMO.
The Browns have Hardesty returning next season.  Hillis will be losing some carries.
I'm not crazy about McFadden either.
Just because a player shines in 2010 doesn't make him good for '11, '12, and '13.

...last but not least...I firmly believe running the way he does, being the small frame he is, you are definitely not going to get a full season out of him.  Also, keep in mind, we may be going to 18 reg. season games!  He's listed at 6' 215 pounds...you believe that?  I don't. 
He's the best example of sell-high in a dynasty league I can think of.
IMO of course.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »

Axl4Prez is speaking my language now.  I can only echo his already well developed sentiments.  The fantasy potential of Michael Vick is very tantalizing.  But does one year equal what Brady has done over the last 7 years or so (minus 2008 when he missed all but one quarter)?  Vick missed 4 games, so you argue he could've put up even bigger numbers, but the chances of him getting hurt are pretty high, since he's a running QB.  That risk is always going to be there, and even though Brady did miss an entire year to injury, the risk is much greater than a guy who rarely gets hit behind a solid offensive line.  You could also argue that Brady had to adjust to a new offense, the loss of Kevin Faulk and Randy Moss.  Integrating new players such as Woodhead, Gronkowski, Hernandez, and Branch mid stride during the season.  So while it's hard to imagine him having a better season, you could say he's gotten better and more comfortable as the season has gone along.  Why couldn't that continue?

I'd rather have Foster than Hillis, if you could swing a deal for him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #570 on: January 04, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

its tough for sure. Id almost just keep them both. play the matchup.

i just think if Vick gets O line upgraded... He put up over 32pts per game. Just ridiculous numbers.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2011, 01:00:49 AM »

Axl4Prez is speaking my language now.  I can only echo his already well developed sentiments.  The fantasy potential of Michael Vick is very tantalizing.  But does one year equal what Brady has done over the last 7 years or so (minus 2008 when he missed all but one quarter)?  Vick missed 4 games, so you argue he could've put up even bigger numbers, but the chances of him getting hurt are pretty high, since he's a running QB.  That risk is always going to be there, and even though Brady did miss an entire year to injury, the risk is much greater than a guy who rarely gets hit behind a solid offensive line.  You could also argue that Brady had to adjust to a new offense, the loss of Kevin Faulk and Randy Moss.  Integrating new players such as Woodhead, Gronkowski, Hernandez, and Branch mid stride during the season.  So while it's hard to imagine him having a better season, you could say he's gotten better and more comfortable as the season has gone along.  Why couldn't that continue?

I'd rather have Foster than Hillis, if you could swing a deal for him.

saw a stat today though: do u know that Vick averaged more PPG than even Brady's record breaking 2007 and Manning/Culpepper's record breaking 2004's?

how do u get rid of that?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:20:21 AM by D » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2011, 07:05:11 AM »

The only reason would be, it was ONE year.  Manning and Brady have consistently put up great fantasy numbers for near a decade.  I don't think you can go wrong either way, I just think Brady is the safer play. Of course I'm biased being a Pats fan.

Maybe keep them both and see what you can get for one of them next season.  Barring any unforeseen injuries, their values aren't going down.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »

The Jets season ended with the Monday Night loss to New England about a month back.  They have no pass rush whatsoever, so I really cant see them beating the Colts in Indianapolis.  So they are going to have to go into Indianapolis and beat Petyon, then into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers(with Polamalu this time), then into New England where they are never even competitive, I dont see it happening.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »

The only reason would be, it was ONE year.  Manning and Brady have consistently put up great fantasy numbers for near a decade.  I don't think you can go wrong either way, I just think Brady is the safer play. Of course I'm biased being a Pats fan.

Maybe keep them both and see what you can get for one of them next season.  Barring any unforeseen injuries, their values aren't going down.

I def agree its a gamble. only thing is... even that shitty Debacle of a game against Minnesota, he still scored 21pts for me.

I def have to draft a Flacco,Ryan or Freeman a little earlier than i normally would grab a backup QB.

I am kinda second guessing keeping Jackson also..... cause if Vick goes down, jackson's value takes a huge hit. so if i don't keep Jax, If vick gets hurt, it doesn't kill me at 2 spots.

I don't have to decide till August. So im gonna see what O line upgrades Philly makes, see who NE drafts etc before deciding.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »

Predictions for this weekend:

Saints over Seahawks

Jets over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Eagles over packers

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #576 on: January 05, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

Saints over Seahawks

Jets over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Eagles over packers

Saints by 10.
Colts by 17
Ravens by 6
Packers by 10  Smiley  I can't wait to watch the honeymoon end in Philly. 
If McNabb ever pulled the "I'm 75%" or the, "I'm 90%" garbage, the media would have torn him up!  Vick's getting the honeymoon pass.  Pass me the popcorn!  The Packers are winning this game.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #577 on: January 05, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »

Saints over Seahawks

Jets over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Eagles over packers

Saints by 10.
Colts by 17
Ravens by 6
Packers by 10  Smiley  I can't wait to watch the honeymoon end in Philly. 
If McNabb ever pulled the "I'm 75%" or the, "I'm 90%" garbage, the media would have torn him up!  Vick's getting the honeymoon pass.  Pass me the popcorn!  The Packers are winning this game.

Once again, I'm right there with you on those picks.  Though I'm not sure I have THAT much faith in the Packers, as far as winning by 10 points.  I could see the Ravens winning by more than 6.  They were my pre-season Super Bowl favorite and while they haven't been quite as good as I expected, they still finished 12-4.  Not too shabby.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #578 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »

Wait, am i dreaming? Are D and Faldor actually picking the Jets to beat the Colts? I didn't think anyone here would pick the Jets with the exception of myself.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #579 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:49 PM »

Saints over Seahawks

Jets over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Eagles over packers

I'm with you on all the picks as well. I don't see any shot for the Seahawks. I think the Jets can pull it out. The Colt defense is not even as good as the Jets D imo. The Ravens will be the Chiefs. The only one i'im iffy about is the Packers and Eagles. I think that could go either way but i'll go with the Eagles still.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: