Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:16:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 151207 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #480 on: November 26, 2010, 09:42:03 PM »

Not my words, but obviously I fully support and endorse these views.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   
As you wait (anxiously, I'm sure) for my NFL Notes to go up, got some stats on Tom Brady that say he's actually better WITHOUT Randy Moss Vs. PIT, IND & DET Brady is an aggregate 70-of-95 for 877 yds, 9 TDs, 0 INT, & has hit 8, 6 & 7 diff rec. in those games. After adjusting to playing w/o Moss, and others adjusted, Brady reverted to his strengths -- playing QB like PG, and making defenses defend all areas.

Oh, and Rex Ryan is being Rex Ryan again.  Some early trash talk.

@Adam_Schefter
Adam Schefter
RexRyan: "New England is moving it up and down the field against everybody...I have confidence that that won't be the case this week."

rodboone Rod Boone  by shalisemyoung   
Rex on playing the #Patriots: "I think they?ve won 25 straight at home and we?ve won 8 in a row on the road. So we plan on making it 9."

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   
Rex on the Patriots: "They're clearly the best team in football, that's what all the experts say. Except me."

You gotta give the guy credit though he truly believes in his team and believes every week they are gonna be a little better then the other team. He's been right 9 times out of 12 so far. The Pats are a great home team. The Jets are a great road team. Somethings gotta give and someone's streak will end. We'll just have to wait and see who's. Both are good enough to win this game. Its just a matter of who shows up and plays better. And if you think about it. This Jet team isn't that far off being undefeated. Lost a very close game to the Ravens. Then lost another close one to Green Bay in bad conditions 9-0.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:47:02 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   
As you wait (anxiously, I'm sure) for my NFL Notes to go up, got some stats on Tom Brady that say he's actually better WITHOUT Randy Moss Vs. PIT, IND & DET Brady is an aggregate 70-of-95 for 877 yds, 9 TDs, 0 INT, & has hit 8, 6 & 7 diff rec. in those games. After adjusting to playing w/o Moss, and others adjusted, Brady reverted to his strengths -- playing QB like PG, and making defenses defend all areas.

@Adam_Schefter
Adam Schefter
RexRyan: "New England is moving it up and down the field against everybody...I have confidence that that won't be the case this week."

Rex on playing the #Patriots: "I think they’ve won 25 straight at home and we’ve won 8 in a row on the road. So we plan on making it 9."

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   
Rex on the Patriots: "They're clearly the best team in football, that's what all the experts say. Except me."

You gotta give the guy credit though he truly believes in his team and believes every week they are gonna be a little better then the other team. He's been right 9 times out of 12 so far. The Pats are a great home team. The Jets are a great road team. Somethings gotta give and someone's streak will end. We'll just have to wait and see who's. Both are good enough to win this game. Its just a matter of who shows up and plays better. And if you think about it. This Jet team isn't that far off being undefeated. Lost a very close game to the Ravens. Then lost another close one to Green Bay in bad conditions 9-0.
Yeah but you could also argue they could've lost to Denver, Cleveland, Detroit, and Houston.  So they could be 5-6.  Like Bill Parcells says, you are what your record is.  You can't play the, if this happened or if that happened game.

Rex is consistent, and he's confident.  I don't have much of a problem with his remarks.  But if other guys made similar remarks they'd get blasted for it.  For whatever reason, Rex gets away with it.  He's a fun loving guy, the media loves him, so it's just brushed off.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2010, 02:19:05 AM »

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   

@Adam_Schefter
Adam Schefter

Rex on playing the #Patriots: "I think they?ve won 25 straight at home and we?ve won 8 in a row on the road. So we plan on making it 9."

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   

Yeah but you could also argue they could've lost to Denver, Cleveland, Detroit, and Houston.  So they could be 5-6.  Like Bill Parcells says, you are what your record is.  You can't play the, if this happened or if that happened game.

Rex is consistent, and he's confident.  I don't have much of a problem with his remarks.  But if other guys made similar remarks they'd get blasted for it.  For whatever reason, Rex gets away with it.  He's a fun loving guy, the media loves him, so it's just brushed off.

That's true. They could've lost those too but they didn't and very well could've won the two they lost.

They probably would but hey its not like he isn't giving the patriots due respect. He just thinks his team is better this year and maybe he's right. What matters is the players love him and have totally bought into what he's tryng to do and his system. They believe every week they are going to win and that they are the better team. Maybe the things he says motivates his players. If so, more power to him keep doing it as long as we keep winning especially if it ends with us being the last team standing.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5855075&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5855075

Broncos, McDaniels fined $50K each

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The NFL fined the Denver Broncos and coach Josh McDaniels $50,000 each because the team's video operations director broke league rules by filming a San Francisco 49ers practice in London last month.

The NFL investigation determined that Steve Scarnecchia took the six-minute video of the walkthrough and presented it that day to McDaniels. The coach declined to view it.

But the NFL fined both the coach and team because the matter was not promptly reported, as required by league policy.

Scarnecchia was fired by the Broncos and notified by commissioner Roger Goodell that as a repeat violator of league rules regarding integrity he faces a hearing to determine if he will be banned from the NFL.

The NFL was to discuss the situation in a conference call Saturday. McDaniels was to speak to the media in the afternoon at the team complex.

"I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London," McDaniels said in a statement. "The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization.

"I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again."

The investigation concerned practices at Wembley Stadium on Oct. 30, the day before the 49ers' 24-16 win over the Broncos. It was the only time the teams worked out on the same field while in London.

Scarnecchia and McDaniels previously worked for the New England Patriots, who were found to have videotaped New York Jets coaches sending in signals during a game four years ago in a scandal dubbed Spygate. The NFL bans such videotaping and issued $750,000 in fines against the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick. The Patriots also were stripped of their 2008 first-round draft pick.

Scarnecchia worked for the Patriots in the early 2000s. McDaniels, who worked in New England from 2001-09, hired him in Denver shortly after he became the Broncos' coach 22 months ago.

Team owner Pat Bowlen said in a statement Saturday that when he learned what happened the team "promptly began an investigation" and reported this violation to the NFL. He said the Broncos "fully cooperated with every aspect of the league investigation."

The NFL determined that Broncos executives were made aware of the videotaping on Nov. 8 and told the league about it four days later after an internal review. On Nov. 16, Bowlen and Broncos executives met with league officials in New York.

After that meeting, the NFL security department began its investigation, which included interviews of Broncos personnel. They also arranged for an analysis of the laptop computers used by the team's video department, which confirmed the 49ers' practice had been recorded. The league retained that tape.

Scarnecchia acknowledged to NFL investigators that he taped the walkthrough, according to excerpts from Goodell's letter to Bowlen.

Goodell's letter stated that Scarnecchia maintained that he had not previously recorded a walkthrough or other practice or "engaged in any other improper videotaping [such as recording coaching signals of an opposing team] since joining the Broncos."

The letter also said Scarnecchia "knew that what he did in London was wrong," that taping the walkthrough was his decision alone and nobody instructed him to record the practice.

In addition, the investigation found that when Scarnecchia offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the coach replied, "No, I'm not doing that." Scarnecchia said he didn't show the tape to any other staff member.

Goodell's letter to Bowlen stated that McDaniels was interviewed "under circumstances that would have made it impossible for him to have spoken to Mr. Scarnecchia in advance" and that McDaniels' recollection of events matched Scarnecchia's.

"Although I find no fault with the way the club handled this matter once you and your executives became aware of it, I nonetheless believe that some penalty must be imposed," Goodell wrote. "We have no more important responsibility than preserving the integrity and competitive fairness of the game and avoiding any implication that games are decided by anything other than what takes place on the field."

The letter added: "This appears to be a single incident by an employee who acted entirely on his own; there was no competitive effect; and, most importantly, the Broncos promptly took the initiative to report the violation. Had any of those factors not been present, I would have almost certainly imposed much more substantial discipline on the club."

But, he added, "clubs are ultimately accountable for the conduct of their employees."

Goodell said that while McDaniels "apparently declined to look at the tape, I also believe that he should have immediately advised you or one of your senior executives when he learned what Mr. Scarnecchia had done."

Goodell cited a policy in which team executives, head coaches and others are obliged to promptly report violations tied to the integrity of the game. The commissioner said a "significant number of club employees" have certified in writing they are aware of no further violations of the policy.

Goodell added that if further information comes to light, the league will reopen the investigation and, if necessary, impose further discipline.

This is the latest embarrassment for a Broncos team that is 3-7 and has lost 15 of 20 for the first time since 1971-72. The Broncos, who face St. Louis at Invesco Field on Sunday, were routed 59-14 by archrival Oakland last month in what many consider the worst home loss in the team's 51-year history.

After they turned the tables and routed Kansas City on the same field two weeks later, Chiefs coach Todd Haley snubbed McDaniels in the post-game handshake, wagging a finger at him. Haley apologized the next day but refused to say what set him off.

It might have been McDaniels' chest-bumping his players on the sideline during the blowout, challenging calls late in the game or maybe blitzing a gimpy Matt Cassel well into the fourth quarter.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #484 on: November 27, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »

That was very stupid of them to do.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2010, 12:40:04 AM »

Well in fairness to the Broncos, supposedly it was just ONE guy and ONE guy alone.  He acted on his own, and the tapes were never used or even viewed by anyone else in the organization.  But yes, it was stupid of Steve Scarnecchia to do.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2010, 01:35:50 AM »

Well in fairness to the Broncos, supposedly it was just ONE guy and ONE guy alone.  He acted on his own, and the tapes were never used or even viewed by anyone else in the organization.  But yes, it was stupid of Steve Scarnecchia to do.

I wonder what gave him the bright idea to do it. I mean if you're gonna do something stupid like this at least use the video!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »

Bad news for the Jets. Jim Leonhard is done for the season with a broken leg. Huge loss for the Jets secondary he was the leader of that defense.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #488 on: December 06, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »

Bad news for the Jets. Jim Leonhard is done for the season with a broken leg. Huge loss for the Jets secondary he was the leader of that defense.
Yeah that's a tough one.  From what I hear he's the heart and soul of that secondary, and key punt returner.  We'll see what kind of difference it makes.  You have to have depth in the NFL as injuries always occur.  The Patriots have lost many key players this season, but luckily they've been able to plug in the Danny Woodhead's of the world without skipping much of a beat.  It'd be nice to see Danny have a big game tonight against his former team.

I'm just about to leave for Gillette for the game.  Hope I don't freeze my balls off.

Go Pats!!!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #489 on: December 06, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »

Yeah that's a tough one.  From what I hear he's the heart and soul of that secondary, and key punt returner.  We'll see what kind of difference it makes.  You have to have depth in the NFL as injuries always occur.  The Patriots have lost many key players this season, but luckily they've been able to plug in the Danny Woodhead's of the world without skipping much of a beat.  It'd be nice to see Danny have a big game tonight against his former team.

I'm just about to leave for Gillette for the game.  Hope I don't freeze my balls off.

Go Pats!!!

Yeah that's what i hear too. Although, some people seem to think we'll get some better cover guys in there without him but agree its a huge leadership loss. I gotta believe they will step up and rally around their fallen leader and play good D like they're capable. It should be a good one.

Have fun and stay warm.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #490 on: December 06, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »

Awful awful play by the Jets tonight. Not sure if missing Leonhard made a difference or not. At least on this night the pats were the better team. I'm not sure if ths has decided a damn thing though. Both teams have tough games to come. The pats against the bears in Soldier field and the Jets against Miami and Pittsburgh.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »

Awful awful play by the Jets tonight. Not sure if missing Leonhard made a difference or not. At least on this night the pats were the better team. I'm not sure if ths has decided a damn thing though. Both teams have tough games to come. The pats against the bears in Soldier field and the Jets against Miami and Pittsburgh.
What a BEATDOWN!  Just total DOMINATION!  I expected the Pats to win last night, but I didn't expect things to play out the way they did.  It's so hard to beat a good team twice in a season and in a sense that game was much bigger for the Patriots than it was for the Jets.  And nothing was accomplished last night aside from taking another step in the right direction.  But there are still 4 games to play.  Obviously the Patriots have the inside track to the top seed right now, being a game ahead of the Jets and Steelers.  Plus they've beaten the Steelers and Ravens, so they'd win a tiebreaker there.  

It'll be interesting to see how the Jets respond after the shellacking they took last night.  I mean, that has to be a bit of a blow to their overall confidence.  To be totally and completely outplayed in such a big game.  On the other side, the Patriots are playing scary good football right now.  Tom Brady has been near perfect the last month or so, he's honestly playing the best he ever has.  And not to be an ass, but where are all the haters and doubters who said the Pats would struggle without Moss.  I know Axl4Prez admitted he was wrong, and I appreciate that.  I'll be honest, I couldn't have predicted things to unfold the way they have.  And some people still just don't get it.  Cris Carter is a BLEEPING idiot!  He is still saying that the Patriots would be better off with Moss and that Deion Branch is just another receiver and disappears in games.  Seriously Cris?  Disappear?  Exactly what has Moss done since he left the Patriots?  Oh that's right, he's disappeared.  Does this guy even watch the games.  I know he's just sticking up for his friend, but honestly he's just making himself look like a fool at this point.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2010, 01:34:05 PM »

What a BEATDOWN!  Just total DOMINATION!  I expected the Pats to win last night, but I didn't expect things to play out the way they did.  It's so hard to beat a good team twice in a season and in a sense that game was much bigger for the Patriots than it was for the Jets.  And nothing was accomplished last night aside from taking another step in the right direction.  But there are still 4 games to play.  Obviously the Patriots have the inside track to the top seed right now, being a game ahead of the Jets and Steelers.  Plus they've beaten the Steelers and Ravens, so they'd win a tiebreaker there.  

It'll be interesting to see how the Jets respond after the shellacking they took last night.  I mean, that has to be a bit of a blow to their overall confidence.  To be totally and completely outplayed in such a big game.  On the other side, the Patriots are playing scary good football right now.  Tom Brady has been near perfect the last month or so, he's honestly playing the best he ever has.  And not to be an ass, but where are all the haters and doubters who said the Pats would struggle without Moss.  I know Axl4Prez admitted he was wrong, and I appreciate that.  I'll be honest, I couldn't have predicted things to unfold the way they have.  And some people still just don't get it.  Cris Carter is a BLEEPING idiot!  He is still saying that the Patriots would be better off with Moss and that Deion Branch is just another receiver and disappears in games.  Seriously Cris?  Disappear?  Exactly what has Moss done since he left the Patriots?  Oh that's right, he's disappeared.  Does this guy even watch the games.  I know he's just sticking up for his friend, but honestly he's just making himself look like a fool at this point.

I didn't see that one coming either. I thought it would be a competitive game. I'm not sure how much the 10 days off and the loss of Leonhard hurt the Jets, but, i suspect it at least played some factor in it. Its hard to say if this game will decide anything. Both teams still have two games against good teams. The Pats travel to Chicago and are not the same team on the road. The Jets travel to Pittsburgh. That might be a blessing. They are a good road team. Then both teams play a game at home. The Jets get the Bears and the Pats the Packers. I'm starting to wonder if it would be in the Jets interest to start on the road in the playoffs. Cris Carter is a idiot btw. The two guys that murdered us last night though were Welk and Woodehead. How the hell did we let that kid go? Not a big kid but does everything you ask him to do and does it well.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2010, 01:39:06 PM »

Haynesworth is done in Washington.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »

Faldor, I'll say it again, because it's being proven over and over again.  The Patriots are playing awesome without Randy Moss. 
Thank your lucky stars you got Bellicik and Brady on that team of yours!  Smiley
Looking ahead, the Steelers look fucking awesome too.  That would make for a hell of an AFC Championship game. 
The Ravens are no slouches either...and I find it hard to believe the Jets will completely fall apart (even if they did for a game last night).

That said, I'll always be a Randy Moss fan.  I sure hope he finds a team with a good quarterback next season.  Tennessee is not that team. Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #495 on: December 08, 2010, 03:49:04 AM »

I fully expect the Jets to bounce back next week and beat the Dolphins.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #496 on: December 08, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »

Faldor, I think even if the Pats win the Super Bowl this year, you'll still be disappointed that the Pats could not play and destroy the alternate universe Pats that Moss still plays for.  There are those, like me, who think that as good as the Pats have been, there's no reason they couldn't have been even better with Moss.  You think otherwise.  That's great, but barring creative use of Doc Brown's DeLorean, we'll just never really know.  All that's certain, that nobody disagrees with, is that Moss is a lot worse with the likes of Rusty Smith throwing to him instead of Brady.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #497 on: December 08, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »

Faldor, I think even if the Pats win the Super Bowl this year, you'll still be disappointed that the Pats could not play and destroy the alternate universe Pats that Moss still plays for.  There are those, like me, who think that as good as the Pats have been, there's no reason they couldn't have been even better with Moss.  You think otherwise.  That's great, but barring creative use of Doc Brown's DeLorean, we'll just never really know.  All that's certain, that nobody disagrees with, is that Moss is a lot worse with the likes of Rusty Smith throwing to him instead of Brady.

That's fine, you can believe that obviously.  And hell, maybe you're right.  They were doing fine with him, mainly because they were changing the offense and he was becoming less a part of it.  Brady wasn't forcing him the ball, aside from the first Jets game, but he was still a huge threat that had to be respected.  So I'm not saying the Patriots would've gone down the tubes if they held onto Moss.  Though you have to wonder how he would've handled being less and less a part of the offense.  Also, would Brady have felt pressure to force him the ball time and again.  Deion Branch simply does lots of different things for the Pats, things Moss just didn't bring to the table.  And he's not one to pout if he only gets 3 catches in a game.

My problem, is with guys like Cris Carter, who said the Patriots would do nothing without Moss.  And now that they've done plenty without him, they're still sticking to that thought.  It just makes no sense.  Moss, and the Titans, have obviously shut it down for the season.  He's done enough in his career that some team will probably take a chance on him next season, but he's not doing himself any favors.

Now, as for the Jets game.  The 10 days off may very well have been a detriment to the Jets.  For whatever reason, they have been horrible coming off a bye under Rex Ryan.  They lost last year coming off a bye, they got shut out by the Packers at home this year coming off a bye, and while this game wasn't officially coming off a bye, a 10 day rest is pretty close to it.

Obviously the Patriots still have some tough games left.  Chicago has been playing real well lately, and have a great defense.  I don't think New England will be able to put up 45 points against them like they have the last 2 games.  Green Bay is a very good team and Aaron Rogers could put up some points against them.  Miami has played better on the road this season and Buffalo isn't a given on the road.  The Jets schedule isn't exactly easy either though.  We'll see what happens.  The Patriots do play much better at home, so home field would be huge for them.  Though they have gotten better on the road, beating both San Diego and Pittsburgh this season.  So it's not like they can't do it that way, it just would make things a bit more difficult.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #498 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:17 PM »

The Jets coming off extra time off and playing horrible is a total mystery. Its almost like a pitcher who has more then the 4 days off between starts. If the extra time is hurting them they need to somehow figure that out and correct it.

Yeah both teams have tough games down the stretch. It should be very exciting these last four games to see who not only wins the divison but the #1 seed.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #499 on: December 08, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »

Yo Timothy, I think it's a VERY safe bet that the Patriots will win the AFC East.

It's also a fairly safe bet the Jets will finish no better than 11-5.  I never really analyzed their schedule before, but after doing so, I see 1 win big win, and that was in Week 2. (a long time ago)
They've lost to 3 solid teams now, Ravens, Packers, Pats.

The Pats will finish no worse than 12-4, but if you ask me, 13-3 is most likely.  They have beaten the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets.

The Steelers should be able to run the table and finish 13-3...but, the Patriots should be able to clinch home field throughout the playoffs.

I fully expect the sub-par Colts to come back and win the AFC South.  2 games remain against a fully imploded Titans squad.

AFC:
1-Patriots
2- Steelers
3- Chiefs
4- Colts
5- Jets
6- Ravens

Faldor, will you be at the Patriots playoff games?  Holy shit!  There is a very good chance you'll be getting a rematch with the Ravens.  THAT would be fucking cool!  I still remember that game.  This time it will be more competitive.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: