Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148498 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »

Vick has suddenly transformed into the best QB in the league.

I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself; it's just a tad premature to suddenly say Vick is better than Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers and Rothelisberger.  He's having a good season, yes, but Daunte Culpepper, Jeff George, and Scott Mitchell each had good seasons. 

If Vick stays healthy, a big "if" mind you, he might be a legitimate MVP candidate by the end of the season.  Surely voters will by dying to vote for someone other than Manning (even tho he is the only thing holding the Colts together at this point).   

I mean right now. Of course you can't rank Vick ahead of any of the guys you mentioned, because they've played at a very high level for multiple seasons. But as of today, based on just this season's play, Vick is playing better QB than anyone else in the league. The only games the Eagles have lost were games in which Kolb was the starter or Vick wasn't able to finish the game due to injury.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

so Donovan, about that "mistake" comment....

rofl

Skins will cut him at season's end.

Incredibly, the guaranteed $40M isn't really guaranteed.  They could cut him after this season having paid him only $3.5M. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Washington-Redskins-have-out-clause-in-Donovan-McNabbs-new-contract-111510

exactly. everyone knew it couldn't be as good as it sounded. and the skins actually made a good move. they basically paid $3.75M to control McNabb's rights for some period after the season. that will give them time to evaluate all their options at QB. McNabb and that large contract may be their best option. but i'm guessing they go another route. obviously, it depends on how the rest of mcnabb's season goes.

how ironic would it be if the eagles traded kolb to the skins at the end of the year. i have no idea what the eagles will do. still have alot of games left to see if Vick is the real deal and can stay healthy.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2010, 08:44:36 PM »

so Donovan, about that "mistake" comment....

rofl

Skins will cut him at season's end.

Incredibly, the guaranteed $40M isn't really guaranteed.  They could cut him after this season having paid him only $3.5M. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Washington-Redskins-have-out-clause-in-Donovan-McNabbs-new-contract-111510

exactly. everyone knew it couldn't be as good as it sounded. and the skins actually made a good move. they basically paid $3.75M to control McNabb's rights for some period after the season. that will give them time to evaluate all their options at QB. McNabb and that large contract may be their best option. but i'm guessing they go another route. obviously, it depends on how the rest of mcnabb's season goes.

how ironic would it be if the eagles traded kolb to the skins at the end of the year. i have no idea what the eagles will do. still have alot of games left to see if Vick is the real deal and can stay healthy.

Okay, what a game from Vick last night.  Absolutely owned that field, no doubt about it.
That said...who would you rather be throwing to, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin?  or Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, and Joey "I should be doing Centrum Silver commercials" Galloway?

By the way, it's obvious that Washington's cutting Donovan loose at year end.  Shanahan has zero faith in McNabb, period.  All I had to see last night to prove it was the 'skins first possession after the 88 yard bomb by the Eagles.  3 handoffs to a 3rd string running back for a 3 and out to start the game.  btw, the first int. from Donovan, why did Santana Moss stop his route?  I watched the replay and he slowed down for no reason.  Oh well.

One more Eagles thing...there is NO guarantee that Vick's coming back to Philly.  Philly better be ready to write out a big BIG check to keep this man in Philly.  He'll probably give Philly a little bit of a break (in terms of size of contract) compared to other teams, but it won't be much.  I have to think there are going to be LOTS of teams interested in backing up the Brinks truck to Mr. Vick's house...perhaps Dallas included.  Minnesota, Dallas, you name a team with quality receivers that has money to spare and no true stud at quarterback, and I'll tell you that team would be very happy to have Mr. Vick.
But, I agree Sandman, Vick's style of play is no doubt reckless...and he's always 1 play away from serious injury.     

Now, I believe Faldor mentioned Brett Favre's performance this weekend...Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, and Joey "catch me for the seniors early-bird special" Galloway, all sound like dream replacements at wide receiver for my Vikings.
We had:  No Randy Moss.  No Sidney Rice.  No Bernard Berrian.  No Percy Harvin after he got hurt.  We had Greg Camarillo, Greg Lewis...hell, I think Greg Brady from the Brady Bunch was even in there on a couple possessions. 
Favre is not killing the Vikings.  The team is sucking balls as a team.  Our defense can not, I repeat, CAN NOT get any pressure on the quarterback.  Our corners suck balls.  We are being ravaged by injuries.
All that said...it aint over until the the fat lady sings. 
FYI:  the fat lady will be busting out her aria if the Packers beat the Vikes this Sunday.  BUT, if we beat the Pack, we'll be 2 in back of them...and let me remind ya'll, we've got 4 of our next 5 games at home and we do play much better at home.
 peace   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #443 on: November 16, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »

McNabb is just finished though ax

Look at the last two games he played last season. just attrocious losses to Dallas.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »

I've seen most of the Redskins' games this season, and McNabb is far from finished. They only won 4 games last year; they've already won that same amount this season. They'll probably finish 8-8. That's a solid improvement.

He's my favorite player, so I'll always defend him, but even I'll admit that McNabb hasn't played great this season. But if anyone's watched the Redskins play this season, they'll see that they have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Very few QBs would survive behind that line. McNabb never seems to have more than two seconds to get rid of the ball. The Redskins have no running game; they'll down to practice squad guys at this point. And McNabb's receivers? Santana Moss is decent; Cooley's a solid TE. But that's all McNabb has to throw to. Galloway should've retired about 5 fives years ago. Armstrong is some guy who played in arena football for the last few years. And even when McNabb puts the ball right in their hands, they drop it half the time.

So, take all those factors, plus the fact that McNabb is learning a new offense that's very different from what he did in Philly for 11 years, and it isn't any big surprise that's he's struggled this season.

I doubt that the Redskins release him after this season. They spent a 2nd and 4th-round pick to get him. And unless they take a QB in the first round or trade for somebody else, they don't have anyone to replace him.

I guarantee you , though, if you put McNabb on the Cardinals with Fitzgerald, McNabb will go back to putting up pro-bowl numbers.

And as for the Vick situation, if he continues to play at this insanely high level for the rest of the season, the Eagles have to re-sign him, but he's going to be expensive as hell, and the Eagles don't like to spend money. Plus they'll owe Kolb like 10 or 12 million next season. There's no way they keep both guys, but with Vick's style of play, you know he's going to miss a few games here and there, so there has to be a back-up plan in place. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »

yeah but a couple those wins like the Chicago win, he played terrible

also, enough with the lack of talent excuse. seems McNabb use to make stars out of no names long before he got Jackson and Maclin.

In fact, it kind of makes u wonder how many Superbowls Philly would've won over that 5-6 year period if they had a better QB.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2010, 01:05:58 AM »

also, enough with the lack of talent excuse. seems McNabb use to make stars out of no names long before he got Jackson and Maclin.

In fact, it kind of makes u wonder how many Superbowls Philly would've won over that 5-6 year period if they had a better QB.
Yep, same goes for Favre.  The "look who he's throwing to" excuse is used far too often, and doesn't hold much weight in my book.  I've watched Tom Brady throw to less than imposing receivers with good results.  Peyton Manning has dealt fine with losing a multitude of weapons over the years.  How about Philip Rivers this year?  It is possible.  There's no excuse to go out and have 16 INT's and 5 fumbles lost in 9 games.  Those are atrocious numbers.  Face it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2010, 01:21:11 AM »

McNabb used to make stars out of no names, and this no-name Armstrong guy has put up decent stats for the Redskins this year, and Santana Moss is having one of his best seasons in quite awhile . . . But at this point in his career, I think McNabb does need weapons around him to be successful. They'll be no more 11+ wins a season with no-talent guys like a Thrash, Pinkston or Freddie Mitchell like McNabb was capable of doing early in his career.

D, you like to bring up the two games against Dallas last year, where McNabb struggled mightily, but the whole damn team struggled. Reid was out-coached, the defense sucked, the offense sucked. Those losses weren't on McNabb, they were on the whole team. McNabb actually had one of his best seasons last year and the Eagles won 11 games. The year before that the Eagles came a few plays short of reaching another Superbowl. If McNabb was still an Eagle, they would have just as many wins this season, if not more. I doubt they'd be putting up 59 points, but they'd still be getting it done.

If Peyton Manning or Tom Brady had been the QB, yeah, maybe the Eagles would've won a couple of superbowls during the last decade, but they already had, imo, a top-5 QB during that time period.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2010, 03:39:29 AM »

I just don't think McNabb is the same guy as he was when he led Philly to those NFC title games.

Once again i think guys like Reid and Belichick are geniuses who get rid of players to some sucker at the perfect time.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

I just don't think McNabb is the same guy as he was when he led Philly to those NFC title games.

Once again i think guys like Reid and Belichick are geniuses who get rid of players to some sucker at the perfect time.

Of course he's not!  Why would you expect a mobile quarterback to be the same in his 20's compared to his mid-30's?

and to Faldor:
"There's no excuse to go out and have 16 INT's and 5 fumbles lost in 9 games."
Umm, yes there are.  There are a multitude of reasons.

"Those are atrocious numbers.  Face it."
I never said they weren't atrocious numbers.

I'd love to pull up the threads we had back around the end of 2008.  You know how those threads went.  "Favre's done!"  "He needs to retire!  He's finished!!!"  I didn't hear much shit like that last season when he threw 33 touchdowns and only 7 ints in the regular season.  Interesting, eh?
Favre is fucking playing hurt.  He's got a broken ankle, a banged up shoulder, elbow...a tiny penis (okay, I guess he's always had that prob  hihi) but seriously, the man's getting pounded! 

McNabb will be back...he's not done.  I will welcome him to Minnesota with open arms next season if Brett retires.  With Rice, Harvin, and Peterson, and some free agent signings on the defensive side of the ball, we will kick tremendous ass.   Cool

I'm just praying Sidney Rice gets his ass in gear, same with Berrian.  Percy's been playing hurt up until the last injury hit him against the Bears. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #450 on: November 18, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »

There are no excuses to put up atrocious numbers like that.  Favre shouldn't be playing.  He's playing poorly for a multitude of reasons, like you mentioned.  Therefore he shouldn't be playing.  He's doing more harm than good for the Vikings.  I never thought I'd say this, but they'd be better off with Jackson at this point.

Last year was a complete aberration for Brett.  He had a career year after having many mediocre years.  This year he's been awful.  Plain and simple.  Get him out of there while he still has some dignity left.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #451 on: November 18, 2010, 01:41:44 AM »

I kind of think Minnesota's problem is Adrian Peterson is overrated.

How many first and goals does this guy need? He can't come through.

Look at the New orleans game. If he can avg more than half a yard a carry, Favre isn't even in the position to throw that pick.

Peterson, a great fantasy back, puts up good numbers, comes up small when u really need him.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #452 on: November 18, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »

I kind of think Minnesota's problem is Adrian Peterson is overrated.

How many first and goals does this guy need? He can't come through.

Look at the New orleans game. If he can avg more than half a yard a carry, Favre isn't even in the position to throw that pick.

Peterson, a great fantasy back, puts up good numbers, comes up small when u really need him.

What is this?  I feel like a gorilla in a cage getting jabbed with long pointy things!   hihi  You're riling me up!  I feel like Costanza from Seinfeld getting pissed off now!  Smiley
Questioning Adrian Peterson's toughness?  Talent??  D, you obviously haven't seen a lot of Viking games. 
Overrated?  No way.  That's Purple Jesus you're talkin' 'bout.
Put Brown, Payton, Sanders, or C Johnson in those positions with the 2010 Vikings o-line, and I'm sorry, even those legends aren't punching it through.

Sorry D, you are 1000% incorrect.

Faldor, you have a point worth considering.  That said, have you ever watched Turdvaris Jackson play quarterback?  His greatest game came against the Cards in a meaningless game a couple years back.  It padded his stats and gave people false hope.  (if you can recall, many folks were disagreeing with bringing Favre in for 2009.  "Jackson's got great #'s, give him a chance!" they said.)  Favre came in and threw for 33 and 7.
Jackson is skiddish, has no accuracy, and while more mobile than Favre (who isn't?), 3rd string qb Joe Webb makes Jackson look like Jamarcus Russell.
Faldor, you also said last year was an aberration for Brett.  True...but why?  What was different about the '09 Vikes compared to the '10 Vikes???  Just a hint, it's multifactorial.  Wink

If my Vikes come back and make a run here, there will be a lot of crow to be eaten by all you Favre-haters.  hihi ...and D, the new Peterson-hater. Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #453 on: November 18, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »

PRez, u are too big a fan to see the truth

How many fumbles did he have in key situations? Look at the Miami game, 4 tries to get in for the win. I don't care if you have a High School offensive line, u get in the endzone.

Minnesota's line isn't that bad. If Peterson was Purple Jesus, they win the New Orleans game.
Of course Peterson is an awesome back, but I don't want him with the game on the line. he is the RB Tony Romo.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #454 on: November 18, 2010, 07:22:06 PM »

PRez, u are too big a fan to see the truth

How many fumbles did he have in key situations? Look at the Miami game, 4 tries to get in for the win. I don't care if you have a High School offensive line, u get in the endzone.

Minnesota's line isn't that bad. If Peterson was Purple Jesus, they win the New Orleans game.
Of course Peterson is an awesome back, but I don't want him with the game on the line. he is the RB Tony Romo.

Sorry D, I've watched waay too many Vikings games in which A.D. carried the team, and I literally mean CARRIED the team to victory.
To compare him to Romo (who I believe is a good, not great qb) is crazy.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #455 on: November 18, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »

Both win games,both put up excellent stats, both come up short in the big moments. Romo int, Peterson fumble.

Of course would i trade almost everyone on Dallas' roster for Peterson, Of course hihi yes Grin

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #456 on: November 20, 2010, 08:47:50 AM »

Both win games,both put up excellent stats, both come up short in the big moments. Romo int, Peterson fumble.

Of course would i trade almost everyone on Dallas' roster for Peterson, Of course hihi yes Grin

Aw D, you're just sore over that 34-3 playoff drubbing the Vikes handed your 'boys last year.  hihi
The Cowboys picked their poison that game.  They chose to shut down Adrian and give the old man the chance to beat them...and Brett did just that.
In the '08 playoff loss to the Eagles, Adrian was huge in pulling that team down the field in the 2nd half.  Tarvaris was peeing his pants, but Adrian led the team, despite the Eagles knowing damn well that if you stopped Adrian, Tarvaris COULD NOT beat them.  The game was closer than the 26-14 final score. 
Against New Orleans, yes, there were killer fumbles...just keep in mind with the 2 fumbles, he had 25 carries for 122 yards along with 3 touchdowns.

by the way...how many times has Peterson fumbled this year?  0 times.

One more thing...if the Vikes lose to the Packers at home this week, we are officially done.  BUT, if we win...don't count the old sexting bandit and his purple gang out!   Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »

btw, you guys think Jerry Jones could make a play for acquiring Vick in the offseason?  I think he could get good value for Romo, a first-rounder, and use that pick to either bolster the o-line or defense.
I'm sure Vick would give Philly an advantage in negotiations, but Vick's no dummy, why take an $80 million contract from Philly, when he could get $100 million plus elsewhere?  I'm having trouble envisioning the Eagles shelling out big money...it's going to be interesting.   yes

btw, hopefully Wash. can work something out with Minny for McNabb if Brett's truly retiring this off-season.  Tarvaris can NOT be the heir-apparent.  no

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #458 on: November 20, 2010, 09:08:52 AM »

One more thing...just saw this headline over at Yahoo:
"White powder sent to `Dancing With the Stars' Studio"

...must have been a late arriving package.  Michael Irvin hasn't been on that show since last season.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #459 on: November 20, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »

btw, you guys think Jerry Jones could make a play for acquiring Vick in the offseason?  I think he could get good value for Romo, a first-rounder, and use that pick to either bolster the o-line or defense.
I'm sure Vick would give Philly an advantage in negotiations, but Vick's no dummy, why take an $80 million contract from Philly, when he could get $100 million plus elsewhere?  I'm having trouble envisioning the Eagles shelling out big money...it's going to be interesting.   yes

btw, hopefully Wash. can work something out with Minny for McNabb if Brett's truly retiring this off-season.  Tarvaris can NOT be the heir-apparent.  no

GReat minds think alike! I wrote a blog about a week and a half ago on how to fix Dallas, and that was what I would do right after firing Phillips and Garrett.

Trade Romo for 1st rounder. Dallas use their First rounder on the awesome CB from LSU, 2nd first rounder maybe bolster offensive line or draft another pass rusher. Sign VIck...Vick with Dez,Miles, Felix,Witten....... WOW!

I wouldve cut Romo the day after fumbling that FG hold. He just isn't a winner.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: