Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:39:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228485 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148392 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »

IF Wade Phillips isn't fired tomorrow i will hand in my Dallas fan card.

my new favorite teams i am really enjoying watching are Oakland and ST Louis. Thats why i love fantasy. makes u pay attention to teams u normally wouldn't.

Im gonna win in my money league i think: I have a 12pt lead. He has Kevin Walter left and I have owen daniels and Anthony Gonzalez.

I picked up Lagarrete Blount about noon. didn't have the balls to start him though.

I've been through worse with my Vikings...much worse.  No fan card's getting turned in, and neither is yours D!  I feel your frustration...I don't know which one of us has a worse head coach.
Put the fucking 3 points on the scoreboard at the ned of the half Chilly!  You moron!  Ugh!
 no

btw, I feel like a genius in my money fantasy league...I may still lose, but I played Stafford over Rodgers and Orton.  Smiley  Only prob is the dude I'm playing had Jamaal Charles, TO, Palmer, Witten.
Even if I lose, I played Stafford (when no expert on the planet had Stafford ahead of both Rodgers and Orton)  Smiley

btw, did ya'll see Blount hurdle that Cardinal in the 4th quarter?  Very cool.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »

IF Wade Phillips isn't fired tomorrow i will hand in my Dallas fan card.

my new favorite teams i am really enjoying watching are Oakland and ST Louis. Thats why i love fantasy. makes u pay attention to teams u normally wouldn't.

Im gonna win in my money league i think: I have a 12pt lead. He has Kevin Walter left and I have owen daniels and Anthony Gonzalez.

I picked up Lagarrete Blount about noon. didn't have the balls to start him though.

Don't bet on it. Jones in a love fest with that bumbling idiot.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »

Stupid fucking Jets. How the fuck do you get shutout at home against a shitty .500 team? Totally inexcuseable how they played today. They deserved to lose plain and simple. You can't get shutout at home against a team you should beat.

Okay, what can I say?  Congrats to the Pats.  Fire Childress.  In those conditions, to not take those 3 points at the end of the first half was an unnecessary risk.  My bro-in-law loved the fact the Vikes went for it...but, on that one I was right.

On the Jets front, my bro-in-law is a huge Jets fan.  He's mad that the Jets don't throw it more often.  I disagreed with him immediately.  If Sanchez was my qb, and I had the Jets solid defense, I'd be working Sanchez like the Bucs did with Brad Johnson and the Ravens did with Dilfer.  No question.  Especially in the conditions at the new Meadowlands today.

btw, I am not giving up on my Vikes unless we lose to the Cards at home next week.  If that happens we deserve to finish 5-11.  Ugh. Sad

Regardless of the conditions. They made way too many mistakes. How do you let a defender rip the ball out of your hands multiple times for interceptions in the packers end? Inexcuseable, you need to hold on to that ball. They had to pass too the packer defense stuffed our run all day. It was a slppy game all around for the Jets.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2010, 12:57:59 AM »

Is everyone ready for Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings to shock the world and win today's game in New England???
The Vikes pass rush comes alive this week...is Justin Bieber, umm, I mean Tom Brady ready???   hihi
Nope.  Better luck next time. 

Vikings are just not that good, plain and simple.  I mean they have talent, no doubt, but they find ways to lose games.  They could easily have won any of the games they've lost, but at a certain point you have to accept there's a reason they keep losing.  Did you catch Randy's post game press conference?  He was wax poetic about the Patriots and quite critical with his current team.  Another interesting press conference for sure.  What team does he play for again? 

I loved seeing Favre go down today, but I must admit I was at the game and people were cheering wildly when he was being carted off the field.  I didn't agree with that.  As much as I can't stand the coverage he gets and how overrated I think he is, I don't enjoy seeing the guy hurting badly and so near the end of his rope.  He honestly should just retire now.  The team is basically going nowhere, it's not worth putting his body through the torture when he's nowhere near 100%.

Not that it means all that much, but look who's got the best record in the NFL.  I don't know how it's happened exactly and I don't really care.  But the Patriots defense has gone from one of the worst in the league to more than respectable.  Their offense is still shaky, but they continue to make enough plays to win games.  And that's all that matters.  They still have a tough schedule remaining.  We'll see how it goes, but I'm liking the direction they're headed in.  And all that without Randy Moss.  Who would've thunk it?  ME!!!  (Well, sort of)

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »

He can't pull a Ken Griffey Jr. and retire mid-season!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »

WOW!!!  Vikings have waived Randy Moss after just 4 games.  Apparently that post game press conference was the last straw.  Maybe that wasn't such a bad deal for the Patriots after all.  It's entirely possible he could actually end up back in New England after all. He said ALL the right things last night.  Any team that claims him would owe him 6.5 million for half a season.  If no team claims him, he's free to sign with any team and it's obvious his heart is still in New England.  Deion Branch has  some hamstring issues and the Patriots offense certainly hasn't been as good without Randy, so there may be a fit.

I'd worry a little about the Colts taking a chance on Moss.  They've been hit hard with injuries at the receiver position lately.  Imagine Manning and Moss together.  Could be deadly.

Stay tuned.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2010, 04:34:02 PM »

Moss seems to disrupt team chemistry wherever he goes, but in all fairness, he was NOT the most distracting dick in Minnesota. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #347 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »

WOW!!!  Vikings have waived Randy Moss after just 4 games.  Apparently that post game press conference was the last straw.  Maybe that wasn't such a bad deal for the Patriots after all.  It's entirely possible he could actually end up back in New England after all. He said ALL the right things last night.  Any team that claims him would owe him 6.5 million for half a season.  If no team claims him, he's free to sign with any team and it's obvious his heart is still in New England.  Deion Branch has  some hamstring issues and the Patriots offense certainly hasn't been as good without Randy, so there may be a fit.

I'd worry a little about the Colts taking a chance on Moss.  They've been hit hard with injuries at the receiver position lately.  Imagine Manning and Moss together.  Could be deadly.

Stay tuned.

Moss is a stat junkie but he isn't a winner. NE are way better without him as shown in their performance since he left.

Axl4prez scoffed at me when i was saying how much better Michael Irvin was than Moss. Irvin is in a whole nother class than Moss.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »

Moss seems to disrupt team chemistry wherever he goes, but in all fairness, he was NOT the most distracting dick in Minnesota. 

maybe not distracting but Moss can be pretty heartless. the way he gives up on plays, gives minimal effort at times. Like that Pass Interference.. he just quit.. the ball landed like 2 feet in front of him. easily could've made that a touchdown.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #349 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »

maybe not distracting but Moss can be pretty heartless. the way he gives up on plays, gives minimal effort at times. Like that Pass Interference.. he just quit.. the ball landed like 2 feet in front of him. easily could've made that a touchdown.

Bullshit D.
You don't score 150+ touchdowns in a career playing lackadaisically.  You just don't.  Michael Irvin couldn't snort coke out of Randy Moss's ass.  To put Irvin in the same sentence as Moss is a disgrace.  "Heart of a winner," fuck, does that mean Jay Novacek and Daryl Johnston had "hearts of winners?"  Are Barry Sanders and Dan Marino no-heart losers since they have no rings?  Hell, put Randy in his prime on that loaded Cowboys roster of '92, '93, and '95, hell they would have won more Lombardi Trophies.

Brad Childress...I can't put into words how badly I despise this man.

The Vikes' problems go way beyond just Favre and Moss.
Favre played a damn good game yesterday.
Where the fuck is our vaunted defensive line?  They have been AWOL all season.  Jared Allen hasn't done shit.  Period.  We are giving up tons of yards of yards of rushing per game...we used to shut that shit down near the league's best if not the league's best.

The latest I heard is that Childress went rogue and waived Randy without notifying the owner.  Fire Chilly's ass.  He has officially lost the locker room.  The man does not know how to manage professionals.
If you watched the ends of the first half of the last 2 Vikings games, it's clear to see Childress is a moron...and that his players don't support him.
In Green Bay, 38 seconds left, 2 timeouts, on their own 35 yard line...Chilly decides to let the clock run out.  BRILLIANT!
In New England.  Last minute of the first half, 4th down and goal, GET THE FIELD GOAL!!!!!  No, he goes for it.  

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:42 PM »

Interesting idea, but no way Polian makes that move.  Moss is the antithesis of everything Polian considers valuable to a team.  Plus I hear Moss' routes are too sloppy and imprecise for the Colts timing offense.

Seahawks and Dolphins are said to be the two most interested parties right now.  Redskins and Rams are rumored possibilities as well.   

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »

In Moss' defense, mostly all guys who ever played with him have nothing but good things to say about him and classify him as a good guy and a great teammate.  No doubt the guy doesn't go all out every down and he tends to come up short in big games but I think he gets a bad rap for the most part.

For example - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6otga0 
Heath Evans

On Monday 1st November 2010, @HeathEvans said:

I'm so sick of STUPID media talking heads that know nothing about Randy Moss(or football) tearing him down! 1of my top 5 teammates n 10yrs!#fb

I'm guessing he wanted to leave New England because he wasn't getting the ball enough.  He figured that would change in Minnesota, but it hasn't.  He was only targeted twice yesterday.  So now he probably figures he had it better in New England where at least they were winning games.  Minnesota is just a mess of an organization right now, and the events of today only further exemplify that.  Randy Moss is not the problem in Minnesota.  Granted he hasn't helped at all, but it's just asinine to trade away a 3rd round pick for a supreme talent like Moss and then just cut him a month later.  It defies logic.

I've heard Kansas City as a possible destination for Randy as well.  Reunite with Cassel, they have Patriot castoffs Mike Vrabel, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Scott Pioli.  That would probably be a good fit for him.  I would take Randy back in a heartbeat to the Pats.  If he doesn't fall in line, they can just cut him when that becomes evident.  BUT, they won't put a waiver claim in on him because the only way they'd take him back IMO is at a reduced rate.  And honestly I don't think they'd take him back regardless.  I don't think money was the issue in the first place, and they weren't in desperate need for a 3rd round pick.  Whatever the reasons were for trading Randy, I can't see how they've disappeared by this time.  It does sound like a few teams may take a shot at claiming him off waivers and assuming the rest of his contract though, so it probably won't get to that point.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:00:30 PM by faldor » Logged

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:09 PM »

I have Percy Harvin on a couple of fantasy football teams, and I know he went from sucking balls to putting up very good numbers once Moss came to town.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2010, 11:43:27 PM »

In Moss' defense, mostly all guys who ever played with him have nothing but good things to say about him and classify him as a good guy and a great teammate.  No doubt the guy doesn't go all out every down and he tends to come up short in big games but I think he gets a bad rap for the most part.

For example - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6otga0 
Heath Evans

On Monday 1st November 2010, @HeathEvans said:

I'm so sick of STUPID media talking heads that know nothing about Randy Moss(or football) tearing him down! 1of my top 5 teammates n 10yrs!#fb

I'm guessing he wanted to leave New England because he wasn't getting the ball enough.  He figured that would change in Minnesota, but it hasn't.  He was only targeted twice yesterday.  So now he probably figures he had it better in New England where at least they were winning games.  Minnesota is just a mess of an organization right now, and the events of today only further exemplify that.  Randy Moss is not the problem in Minnesota.  Granted he hasn't helped at all, but it's just asinine to trade away a 3rd round pick for a supreme talent like Moss and then just cut him a month later.  It defies logic.

I've heard Kansas City as a possible destination for Randy as well.  Reunite with Cassel, they have Patriot castoffs Mike Vrabel, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Scott Pioli.  That would probably be a good fit for him.  I would take Randy back in a heartbeat to the Pats.  If he doesn't fall in line, they can just cut him when that becomes evident.  BUT, they won't put a waiver claim in on him because the only way they'd take him back IMO is at a reduced rate.  And honestly I don't think they'd take him back regardless.  I don't think money was the issue in the first place, and they weren't in desperate need for a 3rd round pick.  Whatever the reasons were for trading Randy, I can't see how they've disappeared by this time.  It does sound like a few teams may take a shot at claiming him off waivers and assuming the rest of his contract though, so it probably won't get to that point.

Wink  Oh come on now Faldor, what do NFL football players know about Randy Moss?  What on earth could teammates know about a player that the media and fans don't know??  You expect us to believe that???  Besides, Heath Evans is probably one of those loud-mouth, hood-types that sticks to his homies like Randy Mo.....oh!  wait a minute!  THAT Heath Evans?  That can't be true!

Randy Moss has played in 12 postseason games.
Randy Moss has caught 10 td passes in 12 postseason games.
Randy Moss has 47 catches (about 4 per game average) in 12 postseason games.
Randy Moss has 865 receiving yards (18.4 yards/catch) (72.1 per game average) in 12 postseason games.
Randy Moss' teams in 12 postseason games have scored 291 points.  (average of 24.3/game)
Randy Moss' teams in 12 postseason games have given up 293 points.  (average of 24.4/game)  

These stats don't even mention the benefits Moss has provided to underneath receivers who were allotted single (and sometimes no) coverage on the field.

Irvin had a wonderful postseason career as well.  16 postseason games and a 12-4 record.  He also had less touchdowns per game (8 in 16 games).  Less overall touchdowns.  Less yards/catch (14.9)
Irvin did have more yards/game 81.5.
but perhaps the biggest factor...he played on a team with one of the best o-lines of all-time and a Hall of Fame running back.
The Cowboys averaged as an offense 28.5 points per game.
The Cowboys gave up 19.5 points per game.

D, I will agree that Irvin was a heck of a player.  He's a legit Hall of Famer.  But, and a big but at that, but, there is no way he is anywhere close to Randy Moss valuable.  Stick Randy on those Cowboys teams of the '90's and the 'boys go from 3 rings to 5.  He's that good.  That would have been a sick team to watch.

...and yes Gilee, the underneath receiver will always benefit when Randy's on the field.   
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »

yeah but one major thing u are overlooking is that Irvin was the unquestioned leader in the locker room and on the practice field.

You aren't measuring in the intangibles which put Irvin above Moss.

Id take Irvin's heart,leadership,toughness route running etc over Moss anyday of the week.

and I am a fan of Randy Moss but it takes more than world class talent.

Lets also don't forget Irvin played in a more physical NFL where DB's weren't penalized as easily as they are now. Also, Moss had Cris Carter and various other great WR's on the other side his entire career. Best WR Irvin played with was Alvin Harper? Are u kidding me?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:31:04 AM by D » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »

Nobody is going to touch Randy Moss in the stat department.  I am a bit surprised his post season numbers are that good because I don't remember him lighting it up with New England in the playoffs.  And you can't deny the space he creates by just being on the field even if his numbers aren't up to par.  BUT, the Vikings went 1-3 WITH him.  Sure Percy Harvin went nuts, but did that make a difference overall?  It certainly didn't in the win column.  And I don't have to remind anyone that the Patriots have yet to lose since they traded Moss.  They haven't gained anywhere near the yardage on offense but their point total hasn't been effected all that much.  They've still gone over 23 points in the 3 games without Moss.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »

Nobody is going to touch Randy Moss in the stat department.  I am a bit surprised his post season numbers are that good because I don't remember him lighting it up with New England in the playoffs.  And you can't deny the space he creates by just being on the field even if his numbers aren't up to par.  BUT, the Vikings went 1-3 WITH him.  Sure Percy Harvin went nuts, but did that make a difference overall?  It certainly didn't in the win column.  And I don't have to remind anyone that the Patriots have yet to lose since they traded Moss.  They haven't gained anywhere near the yardage on offense but their point total hasn't been effected all that much.  They've still gone over 23 points in the 3 games without Moss.

I don't have much time right now, but don't forget, yes Faldor the Vikes went 1-3 with Moss, but they scored more than a td more per game 21+ vs. the 14 they scored per game before Randy.  Randy can't play defense. 
D, I give Irvin his props for heart and all, but I'm sorry, best o-line in the game with HOFers, HOF quarterback, HOF running back puh-leeze!
I will look at Cris Carter's #'s later and analyze who made who...one thing's for certain, they both made an aging Cunningham look awesome, and a guy named Culpepper look really good.
Welker's production dropped without Randy...Percy's skyrocketed with Randy.  You guys do the math.  Smiley

Faldor, did Randy's postseason numbers surprise you?  I knew they were good, but I didn't think they were that good.
Irvin, fine, good leader in the locker room (when he wasn't doing drugs) but my point is, it's pretty easy to be a "good leader" when you are surrounded by HOF talent.  Moss didn't have that.  He sure did make Brady look pretty damn unbelievable in '07.

Hopefully we can agree to disagree.  BUT, Irvin yes, I'll give you he has the edge on locker room presence.  But, on the field, I'm taking Randy as my #1 receiver after Jerry. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »

my point is, sure stats and fantasy football Moss blows almost everyone away but he has a divisive attitude, doesn't work hard, isn't a leader and doesn't set the tone for the team.

Irvin demanded greatness and got it. Many feel Irvin made Aikman a Hall of Famer and not the other way around.

Plus like i said. Defense has almost been officiated out of the game. so keep in mind how much more difficult it was for guys in the 80's/90's to get open and catch balls.

Moss has like 2 routes and is afraid to get hit.

Irvin made all the important catches on 3rd down and wasn't afraid of physicality.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #358 on: November 02, 2010, 08:30:50 PM »

my point is, sure stats and fantasy football Moss blows almost everyone away but he has a divisive attitude, doesn't work hard, isn't a leader and doesn't set the tone for the team.

Irvin demanded greatness and got it. Many feel Irvin made Aikman a Hall of Famer and not the other way around.

Plus like i said. Defense has almost been officiated out of the game. so keep in mind how much more difficult it was for guys in the 80's/90's to get open and catch balls.

Moss has like 2 routes and is afraid to get hit.

Irvin made all the important catches on 3rd down and wasn't afraid of physicality.

Irvin demanded greatness out of guys who were great.  Emmit, Troy, O-lIne...great.
I don't see fear in Randy's game, but that said, yes.  Irvin is a more physical player, but D, they are different styles...not quite apples and oranges, but different. 
Irvin was a solid physical specimen, not that Randy wasn't or isn't, Randy's just thinner and he's not going to be laying into defenders...that's smart because with his body frame he would not win the battle. 
You want a 3rd down converted, go to the guy wide open because they are double-teaming Moss.  Irvin didn't require that much attention because he didn't have the jets Randy had/has.  He just didn't.

Now, I AM pissed at Randy for his assenine comments at the catered locker room meal.  He acted like a jack-ass, and yes one of his teammates should have put him up against a wall and threatened to teach him a lesson.  He disrespected the caterer and that's inexcusable.  (food is very important to me. Smiley )

Another one of my favorite players (being from Syracuse) I root for McNabb as you guys know.  The stuff I'm hearing out of Washington is making me wonder if Donovan is done.  His accomplishments with Philly were huge...he will need to get hot and get hot fast or his ass is out of Washington...perhaps one last stop in Minnesota?  If so, he better get his shit together this season.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »

Yeah, let's step aside from the Moss madness for a moment.  What is up with the Washington/McNabb situation.  I was at the Pats game on Sunday so I didn't see it unfold.  From what I've heard though, Shanahan benched McNabb late in the fourth because he wasn't conditioned well enough to run the 2 minute offense.  Is that just a nice way of saying, "we're heading in another direction"?  Donovan hasn't played that poorly this season has he?  I mean, Rex Grossman?  Come now.  I could understand if they had a legit backup waiting in the wings, but Rex is not that.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: