Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148283 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2010, 07:38:16 AM »

Listen, I hate New England, but they don't do this deal during the season unless they had to. They see the guy work everyday, they watch the tape of every play. The jerk-off has admitted in the past that he doesn't play full speed all game.

They got what they got out of him and have moved on - that's how they operate.

Vikings will benefit because he will now play like he should
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »

Exactly.  Obviously in a football/talent sense this isn't a good move for the Patriots.  They know that, they're not stupid.  But things have never ended well wherever Randy has been.  He quit on Minnesota and Oakland in the last years of his contract and all the signs were there for him to do the same to the Patriots.  Things had gotten so bad that Tedy Bruschi said on ESPN that if they couldn't work out a deal for him, they may have just cut him. Now that's saying a lot.  So instead of him quitting on the team and tearing them down in the process, they decided to get whatever they could for him ASAP.  And making the trade during their bye week should be beneficial.  It gives them an extra week to adjust to fe without Randy, both mentally and physically.

Obviously the deal favors the Vikings in a value sense. Moss is still one of the most gifted WR's in the game. But he's also one of the most selfish individuals in sports, and that is the reason he's no longer a part of this  Patriots team.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »

I think the Pats gave up a 4th rounder for him, when they aquired him.

They got back a 3rd rounder.

Not too shabby.

Obviously, unless they manage to trade for another WR (and they have an extra 1,2,3 and 4th round pick next year), they've lost talent on their team.  But the question is (as has already been pointed out):  Would Randy's talent manifest on the field or not.

I think it was a good move for the Pats.  Not a popular one...and they potentially are sacrificing some of their ability to win now.  But a lot of the criticism of the deal stems around the assumption Moss is going to play up to his ability/talent level.  I'm not sure you can make that assumption.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »

Of course, if THIS is true...well,then we know why Randy is wearing purple this weekend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/07/report-moss-dissed-belichick-on-plane-back-from-miami/?related=1

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »

Of course, if THIS is true...well,then we know why Randy is wearing purple this weekend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/07/report-moss-dissed-belichick-on-plane-back-from-miami/?related=1

Not at all surprising

Can you imagine the #'s Moss could've put up for entire career had he been completely focused and committed to his teams as much as he's committed to Randy Moss?

Warren Sapp on Inside the Nfl basically said that when he and Moss were teamates, that if the offense didn't involve Moss, he'd shut down and be unresponsive (paraphrasing , of course)

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »

Vincent Jackson is out there. NE have 8 picks over first 4 rds.. They could make that happen.

Moss is great ,but his attitude doesn't fit NE's M.O.

I think they will be fine without him personally. chemistry is still very underrated in the NFL.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »

Vincent Jackson is out there. NE have 8 picks over first 4 rds.. They could make that happen.

Moss is great ,but his attitude doesn't fit NE's M.O.

I think they will be fine without him personally. chemistry is still very underrated in the NFL.

The San Diego GM did not play this correctly. Apparently, Minnesota was willing to meet most of his demands for Jackson, but he would'nt budge - Minnesota then sends less to NE for Moss, who if motivated, will clearly equal or outproduce what Jackson could have given them for Favre's final year.

Now San Diego looks even worse, because they have proven that they can post similar to better offensive production without Jackson, hurting his value some
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »

I HIGHLY doubt the Pats will make a run at V-Jax.  He's had two good years and wants to be paid as an elite WR.  He also has 2 strikes against him, 1 more and he gets a year suspension.  The Patriots don't normally take on guys like that.  Randy was cheaper when they got him and much better and more proven than Jackson.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them make a pay for him.  I just don't see it happening.

And in Randy's defense, Belichick had nothing but praise for him in his press conference this morning.  Asked about the plane incident, he said he never even spoke to Randy on the plane and that he never had any problems with Moss in his 4 years in New England.  Now, I wouldn't expect Bill to throw Moss under the bus and to take the high road.  And maybe Bill chose his wordd wisely, because as the story goes, Bill TRIED to talk to Moss on the plane, but Randy ignored him.  So in essence, he's right.  They never did talk on the plane.  Just a very confusing story.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

Okay, well apparently the Patriots HAVE inquired about Vincent Jackson, but a deal still seems highly unlikely.  The Chargers are looking for a 1st and a 2nd round pick over the next 2 years.  That seems like an insane asking price for a WR who's only available for 10 games this year and is due to get paid big dollars.  So I don't see that happening.  The idea was floated out there to trade fellow holdout Logan Mankins for Jackson straight up, but the Chargers apparently aren't interested, as they're all set at the guard position.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/07/vj-patriots-still-unlikely/

On another front, the Seattle Times is reporting that the Patriots have inquired about the availability of former Patriot and current Seahawk, Deion Branch.  Now, I know you might think Deion isn't what he used to be, and I'd agree.  BUT, if you look at his regular season numbers with the Patriots vs. what he's done with the Seahawks, they're nearly identical.  Branch always shined in BIG playoff games and obviously has familiarity with Brady.  I'd like it if they could bring him aboard.  Obviously he's nowhere near Randy Moss, but it might make Tom feel a little better at least.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2013097127_deion_branch-to.html
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:32:19 PM by faldor » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »

Here's my question...but before I ask the question, that Jenn Sturger chick is HOT AS FUCK!  The fake chest is ridiculous, but what a nice, smokin' bod and cute face.
My question though is this...is it creepy to anybody else how similar she looks to his wife?  Should the wife be happy he was pursuing a chick that looked like her?  Freaking crazy.

...and yes, I believe the NFL's going to take their time investigating this matter.  The texting of his "Johnson" is really creepy, and I think they'll suspend him a few games...beginning next season. Wink
hopefully.  My Vikes need him this year. Smiley

by the way, for any Randy-haters out there...please take a peak at this:
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/10/9/1741088/the-illusions-and-the-delusions-of-randy-moss-haters?ref=yahoo

I truly believe Randy Moss is the 2nd greatest wide receiver of all time.  If his production doesn't slow down too much over the next 5 years, he could...possibly...just maybe...eclipse Jerry.
Check that article above out.  ...and yes, I'm a little biased because I am a GNR fan.  If Randy Freakin' Moss isn't "Axl-esque" I don't know who is.  Smiley

...and yes, the loss of Randy will hurt the Pats.  This trade was bad for the Patriots.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »

I don't put Randy in the category of Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin

Those guys were fucking lions and were leaders and made their teams better.

I love Randy Moss don't get me wrong. He is one of my favorite players but he isn't a leader or winner like Rice or Irvin.

Moss is the most talented WR of all time but if he had just half of Michael Irvin's heart, he'd have not only better numbers but a few rings on his fingers already.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »

I don't put Randy in the category of Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin

Those guys were fucking lions and were leaders and made their teams better.

I love Randy Moss don't get me wrong. He is one of my favorite players but he isn't a leader or winner like Rice or Irvin.

Moss is the most talented WR of all time but if he had just half of Michael Irvin's heart, he'd have not only better numbers but a few rings on his fingers already.

D, putting Irvin in the same sentence as Randy Moss is sacrilege!   Shocked
Heart?  To score 151 touchdowns, I think that demonstrates heart.
Some crow will be eaten when he eclipses Rice's previously thought untouchable touchdown record.

As the article above points out, only one man was on the two highest-scoring offenses of all-time, my '98 Vikes and the '07 Pats. 
The misconception of Moss is very similar to the misconceptions that surround Axl.  The lie of Randy saying "I play hard when I want to play hard," was a sin of the press.  Despite the fact he was saying that after being asked whether or not playing with Cris Carter at the time made him play harder.  He basically said, no, he plays hard no matter who he's playing with.  Of course, since he's Randy Moss, a guy the press likes to needle, they turned it into a negative.

The guy's been a fucking angel off the field in New England...hell, he did great things in Minnesota too, he just didn't publicize it all. 

Darrele Revis is gonna be hung up for at least 75 yards, a touch, and an L!  Skol VIKES!  yes

p.s. I just read Pilferk's, Faldor's, comamotive's messages regarding Randy not playing hard...please, please be careful.  Research the "quote" from Randy and you too will find, it was completely taken out of context and just more bullshit.  He's clearly the 2nd greatest receiver of all-time...with like I said, an outside shot at #1. 
Also, sorry, the whole "not as much heart as Irvin thing is still under my skin."  What the hell else could Randy have done to get the Patsies the Ring in '07?  He was lights-out in the regular season AND playoffs.  Rings don't tell the whole story...take Aikman for example.  He has more rings than Staubach, but Staubach is clearly the best Cowboys qb of all-time. (no question, period.) and Staubach only had 2 rings.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:13:21 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »

Irvin was the leader and heart and soul of three SB champions.

statistic wise, Moss is better, no doubt, but if he had Irvin's heart/dedication/leadership, instead of taking half of games off as he has done his entire career, imagine his stats.

I love Randy Moss. I got a Viking Jersey 8 years ago that I can now break back out, but Moss definitely lacks in the intangible/leadership/locker room dept.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »

p.s. I just read Pilferk's, Faldor's, comamotive's messages regarding Randy not playing hard...please, please be careful.  Research the "quote" from Randy and you too will find, it was completely taken out of context and just more bullshit.  He's clearly the 2nd greatest receiver of all-time...with like I said, an outside shot at #1. 
Also, sorry, the whole "not as much heart as Irvin thing is still under my skin."  What the hell else could Randy have done to get the Patsies the Ring in '07?  He was lights-out in the regular season AND playoffs.  Rings don't tell the whole story...take Aikman for example.  He has more rings than Staubach, but Staubach is clearly the best Cowboys qb of all-time. (no question, period.) and Staubach only had 2 rings.
Randy did not have a very good run in the playoffs for the Pats.  In 4 career playoff games with them, he had 12 total catches.  That's 3 per game.  And I believe he had 4 catches in the Super Bowl.  Not exactly lights out.  Yes, he scored the go ahead TD towards the end, but they built their whole offense around him to get out to big leads.  The Giants D was possessed in the playoffs and didn't give Brady time to look downfield to Moss.  The only time the offense looked like they knew what they were doing was on that final scoring drive where they shortened the field.  Then they got the ball with 40 seconds left and 3 timeouts, just needing a field goal to tie.  Plenty of time to run a couple 10, 15 yard plays.  But instead, Brady decided to take 3 deep shots to Randy.  The first one, he got sacked on, so that obviously didn't work out well.  I admit, Randy WAS open on the next play, but Tom underthrew him.  But I'm sure he was under extreme pressure, as he had been throughout the game. 

Randy was GREAT for the Patriots.  He put up fantasy numbers that cannot be matched.  But he was not that good in cold weather and playoff games.  And he does quit on some plays, I don't think you can argue against that.  From all accounts though, he IS a great teammate and leader, so he's certainly not as bad as people make him out to be.  But he's extremely selfish.  There's positives and negative up and down the board, it just depends which side you're on.  I'd rather have Moss on the Pats, but I do like the direction the Patriots offense is headed, and Randy wasn't going to be a major focal point.  And if an offense isn't catered to Moss, I'm not so sure how happy he would be about that.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »

Randy did not have a very good run in the playoffs for the Pats.  In 4 career playoff games with them, he had 12 total catches.  That's 3 per game.  And I believe he had 4 catches in the Super Bowl.  Not exactly lights out.  Yes, he scored the go ahead TD towards the end, but they built their whole offense around him to get out to big leads.  The Giants D was possessed in the playoffs and didn't give Brady time to look downfield to Moss.  The only time the offense looked like they knew what they were doing was on that final scoring drive where they shortened the field.  Then they got the ball with 40 seconds left and 3 timeouts, just needing a field goal to tie.  Plenty of time to run a couple 10, 15 yard plays.  But instead, Brady decided to take 3 deep shots to Randy.  The first one, he got sacked on, so that obviously didn't work out well.  I admit, Randy WAS open on the next play, but Tom underthrew him.  But I'm sure he was under extreme pressure, as he had been throughout the game. 

Randy was GREAT for the Patriots.  He put up fantasy numbers that cannot be matched.  But he was not that good in cold weather and playoff games.  And he does quit on some plays, I don't think you can argue against that.  From all accounts though, he IS a great teammate and leader, so he's certainly not as bad as people make him out to be.  But he's extremely selfish.  There's positives and negative up and down the board, it just depends which side you're on.  I'd rather have Moss on the Pats, but I do like the direction the Patriots offense is headed, and Randy wasn't going to be a major focal point.  And if an offense isn't catered to Moss, I'm not so sure how happy he would be about that.

Guys, you know I respect your opinions, I love talking football with you guys, but I just don't buy the "selfish" label...I just don't.  Albert Haynesworth?  Oh yeah.  Randy, nope.
I will have to google the cold weather games...the last game I remember Moss playing in the snow, I remember because I watched that game, he was silent.  I was thinking nobody was gonna be throwing the ball.  Brady hit him at one point with a screen that he took for 80 yards!  The guy makes a team better even when he's not touching the ball.  The Patriot offense will not be as effective without Moss. 

Thank you for pointing out the Giants pass rush which was un-f'ing-believable.  The entire G-Men D-line should have been the SB MVP.

The whole "rings" thing bugs me because many of the game's greats never won a SB.  Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Eric Dickerson, etc.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/10/9/1741088/the-illusions-and-the-delusions-of-randy-moss-haters?ref=yahoo

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:08:17 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »

From profootballtalk.com: 

Report: Moss, Brady had to be separated in locker room

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2010 12:24 PM ET
Through all of the reports and rumors regarding the final days of Randy Moss in New England, there has been no suggestion that Moss had any trouble or friction with quarterback Tom Brady.

There is now.

Charley Casserly of CBS reports that Moss and Brady went toe-to-toe on a recent occasion, and that they had to be separated.

Brady reportedly told Moss to cut his beard.  Moss responded by telling Brady to cut his hair, saying (per Casserly) that Brady looks like a girl.

And now we know why Tom Brady has been silent on the situation.

I wonder if they'll call this "Hair-Gate"   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »

Grown men acting like babies how pathetic.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »

Guys, you know I respect your opinions, I love talking football with you guys, but I just don't buy the "selfish" label...I just don't.  Albert Haynesworth?  Oh yeah.  Randy, nope.
I will have to google the cold weather games...the last game I remember Moss playing in the snow, I remember because I watched that game, he was silent.  I was thinking nobody was gonna be throwing the ball.  Brady hit him at one point with a screen that he took for 80 yards!  The guy makes a team better even when he's not touching the ball.  The Patriot offense will not be as effective without Moss.
I consider Moss to be selfish because after a big week one victory, in Wes Welker's miraculous return from injury in which he had 2 TD's in the game, Randy took 20 minutes in a post game press conference to talk about his contract status.  Now I didn't really have a problem with anything he had to say, but I don't see how you can't consider that selfish.  He made it all about him.  He was being paid 9 million by the Patriots this year.  An unselfish person would've played out his contract and proved he deserves to be paid.  But he bitched about feeling unwanted, and asked to be traded.  Again, putting himself before the team.  He's selfish, that's all there is to it.  Now he's far from the only selfish player in the NFL.  Most are.  Especially the "diva" WR's.  There's nothing wrong with it.  You put up with it because he's a hell of a player, but he's far from perfect.  And he needs a lot of coddling.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »

I consider Moss to be selfish because after a big week one victory, in Wes Welker's miraculous return from injury in which he had 2 TD's in the game, Randy took 20 minutes in a post game press conference to talk about his contract status.  Now I didn't really have a problem with anything he had to say, but I don't see how you can't consider that selfish.  He made it all about him.  He was being paid 9 million by the Patriots this year.  An unselfish person would've played out his contract and proved he deserves to be paid.  But he bitched about feeling unwanted, and asked to be traded.  Again, putting himself before the team.  He's selfish, that's all there is to it.  Now he's far from the only selfish player in the NFL.  Most are.  Especially the "diva" WR's.  There's nothing wrong with it.  You put up with it because he's a hell of a player, but he's far from perfect.  And he needs a lot of coddling.

First, let me say I enjoy your avatar! Smiley
Second, I do not believe Randy needs "coddling," he needs to be paid fairly.
Third, his comments went for 20 minutes because he kept getting asked questions.  Randy's damned if he does answer questions, damned if he doesn't answer questions.  Folks I talk to are surprised to hear how that comment he made about "playing hard when he wants to," years back, was completely taken out of context.
btw, do you really think Welker would have had such gaudy numbers without Moss drawing attention out there?  Good luck to Wes with the "#1" label now.
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »

Randy STARTED the press conference by bringing up his contract.  He wasn't asked any questions about it.  He prompted the whole thing.  He does need coddling.  He was being paid more than fairly, at 9 million a year for 3 years.  Why haven't the Vikings swooped in and signed him to an extension yet?  Because it's just not good business to give big money to a 34 year old WR until AFTER the season.  Especially with the uncertainty of the collective bargaining agreement.  Belichick, Brady, and the rest of his Patriot teammates went out of their way to say good things about Moss and to make him feel welcome.  His issue was with his contract status.  Again, play out your contract and things will take care of themselves.  But he couldn't bring himself to do that.  Now he'll play nice with the Vikings and put up some monster numbers.

We'll find out how Wes and the Pats do without Randy soon enough.  I think they'll be fine though.  Brady led the Patriots offense fine before Moss came aboard, so I don't expect them to all of a sudden turn into the Carolina Panthers.  This team is only going as far as the defense allows them anyway.  And that was going to be the case WITH Randy Moss as well.  They had a dynamic offense in 2007 with a better defense and it wasn't enough.  They needed to change the offense to help keep the defense off the field.  Playing a more ball control offense doesn't cater to Moss' strengths.  Are they a better offense without him?  Obviously not.  But they felt a change was needed.  We'll see if they were right.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: