Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:46:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148234 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »

That Jets@Dolphins game should be a good one. I feel kinda spoiled. I'll get to see the first 3 games of the Jets on tv. That's unusual being in Texas.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »

That Jets@Dolphins game should be a good one. I feel kinda spoiled. I'll get to see the first 3 games of the Jets on tv. That's unusual being in Texas.
I still think the Dolphins are the most complete team in the division.  They'll have a chance to show it against the Jets on their home turf.  They have a solid defense, great running game, an All Pro WR in Marshall, and a young QB with potential.  Their offense hasn't been that great to start the season so far, but they're 2-0, and that's all that really matters. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2010, 04:09:11 AM »

Problem with sports is, people are prisoners of the moment and overreact one way or the other.

SB favorites. they barely lose to Baltimore another SB quality team and the sky fell.... oh shit they are overrated, they suck, they are frauds etc.. 1 pt.. ridiculous

Sunday, they beat NE... oh the Jets are amazing, they are real, they are great

people go nuts either way.

Jets are a 1-1 football team. lets see how they perform on the road, see how they are after about 8 games. thats how long it takes imo to fairly judge a team.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »

Problem with sports is, people are prisoners of the moment and overreact one way or the other.

SB favorites. they barely lose to Baltimore another SB quality team and the sky fell.... oh shit they are overrated, they suck, they are frauds etc.. 1 pt.. ridiculous

Sunday, they beat NE... oh the Jets are amazing, they are real, they are great

people go nuts either way.

Jets are a 1-1 football team. lets see how they perform on the road, see how they are after about 8 games. thats how long it takes imo to fairly judge a team.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go nuts about New England after week 1.  Even though they won in impressive fashion, it was ONE game at home against what I view as an average team.  They need to prove to me that they can beat good teams on the road, and they haven't done that in 2 years.  I was surprised that they fooled so much of the media.  Most everyone was picking them to beat the Jets.

Jets are a good team, no doubt.  They will be in the thick of things the entire season, fighting tooth and nail for the division.  Could they be a Super Bowl contender?  Sure.  But I wouldn't put them near the top of my list at this moment.  But a lot can happen between now and then.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »

Yeah, that's why I didn't go nuts about New England after week 1.  Even though they won in impressive fashion, it was ONE game at home against what I view as an average team.  They need to prove to me that they can beat good teams on the road, and they haven't done that in 2 years.  I was surprised that they fooled so much of the media.  Most everyone was picking them to beat the Jets.

Jets are a good team, no doubt.  They will be in the thick of things the entire season, fighting tooth and nail for the division.  Could they be a Super Bowl contender?  Sure.  But I wouldn't put them near the top of my list at this moment.  But a lot can happen between now and then.

Full disclosure:  I'm a Giants fan.

The AFC is WIDE open.  The Jets are one of a BUNCH of teams that could win that division, but (right now) that list is pretty long.  Other than Indy..there's just no real "sure thing" in the AFC.  The Pats are hot and cold.  Miami has talent, but I'm not sure they can survive the 16 game season, Pittsburgh looks good (and will get better once Big Ben comes back) but has proven inconsistent in years past, Baltimore has the defense to win them games, but I'm not sure their offense can carry them, Houston could actually be a good team this year..but I need to see more than the sort of "fluky" wins they've had so far to be sure.

There's just no real standout this year, to me (other than Indy..but that's sort of a "no brainer", given the history).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »

What are you hearing on Kevin Faulk Faldor? Espn is reporting he tore his ACL and is done for the season.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »

Yep, it's true.  Faulk was going in for tests, so it didn't sound promising, but people were holding out hope that he'd play again this season. The way he reacted after it happened was reminiscent of Welker's reaction last year when he tore his ACL in week 17.  That's a HUGE loss for the Patriots.  Just as big as losing Welker in my mind. Even though he's basically a 3rd down back he's one of the best receiving RB's in the history of the game.  He seemingly picks up 5+ yards every time he runs the draw, he's great in pass protection, and can contribute on special teams.  Most importantly, Brady has a great deal of trust in Kevin.  He cannot be replaced.  They do have more weapons this year, but they've lost a big one today.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #227 on: September 21, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

Wow, so now Michael Vick is the official starter of the Philadelphia Eagles.

I'm very surprised. I mean, I hate Kolb, and I looked forward to seeing him fail so that Reid would get fired and everybody would have to admit that they made a huge mistake by trading McNabb . . . But still, the reason they traded McNabb was because Kolb was supposed to be the future. Apparently that future lasted just one half of football. Vick is just two or three years younger than McNabb, and even though Vick is certainly a whole lot better than Kolb, Vick still isn't as good as McNabb. The decision doesn't really make sense in the long run.

Here Today . . .
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2010, 08:02:07 PM »

Yep, it's true.  Faulk was going in for tests, so it didn't sound promising, but people were holding out hope that he'd play again this season. The way he reacted after it happened was reminiscent of Welker's reaction last year when he tore his ACL in week 17.  That's a HUGE loss for the Patriots.  Just as big as losing Welker in my mind. Even though he's basically a 3rd down back he's one of the best receiving RB's in the history of the game.  He seemingly picks up 5+ yards every time he runs the draw, he's great in pass protection, and can contribute on special teams.  Most importantly, Brady has a great deal of trust in Kevin.  He cannot be replaced.  They do have more weapons this year, but they've lost a big one today.

Ouch, i read they were still holding out hope. That's huge that he is indeed done.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

for instance, i am a lifelong Cowboy fan.. not worried about 0-2

true we have the worst coaching staff in sports, but they will start running the ball and the wins will pile up.

Houston will lose to Dallas Sunday BOOK IT

Defense is playing great, now just need Garrett the moron to use the talent in the best way which he is incapable of.

So the run game will get used more and the season will turn around.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »

for instance, i am a lifelong Cowboy fan.. not worried about 0-2

true we have the worst coaching staff in sports, but they will start running the ball and the wins will pile up.

Houston will lose to Dallas Sunday BOOK IT

Defense is playing great, now just need Garrett the moron to use the talent in the best way which he is incapable of.

So the run game will get used more and the season will turn around.

You're awfully optimistic about the worst coaching staff in sports man.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »

Wow, so now Michael Vick is the official starter of the Philadelphia Eagles.

I'm very surprised. I mean, I hate Kolb, and I looked forward to seeing him fail so that Reid would get fired and everybody would have to admit that they made a huge mistake by trading McNabb . . . But still, the reason they traded McNabb was because Kolb was supposed to be the future. Apparently that future lasted just one half of football. Vick is just two or three years younger than McNabb, and even though Vick is certainly a whole lot better than Kolb, Vick still isn't as good as McNabb. The decision doesn't really make sense in the long run.

As a person, Vick is a scumbag. What he did to those dogs is inexcusable. But as a player, he is a very unique quarterback, very talented and really fun to watch. I have no idea why after Sunday's game they were initially going to go with Kolb next week, he really has not shown much.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:19 AM »

Ouch, i read they were still holding out hope. That's huge that he is indeed done.
I guess it's not officially official yet, but it will be soon.  He's done for the season.  Looks like Danny Woodhead may get a shot to TRY to fill his role.  They could try to use Edelman as well.  But whoever it is, likely won't be near as effective as Faulk was.  Faulk is a real good guy to, well respected.  It's a shame.  Even a couple of the Jets players ran across the field to give Kevin some encouraging words when he was being helped off the field.  I thought that was a classy move, in such a heated rivalry.  Shows you the respect other players have for him though.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2010, 01:19:09 AM »

I guess it's not officially official yet, but it will be soon.  He's done for the season.  Looks like Danny Woodhead may get a shot to TRY to fill his role.  They could try to use Edelman as well.  But whoever it is, likely won't be near as effective as Faulk was.  Faulk is a real good guy to, well respected.  It's a shame.  Even a couple of the Jets players ran across the field to give Kevin some encouraging words when he was being helped off the field.  I thought that was a classy move, in such a heated rivalry.  Shows you the respect other players have for him though.

Yeah that was very nice. You can dislike your opponent as much as you want, but, nobody wants to see something like that happen.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »

Don''t worry Jets and Pats fans...Vikes win big this week over Miami.  You heard it hear first.

...and yeah, I agree, Sanchez is being managed so that he won't lose games as opposed to having him win games...at least that's what the synopses read like.
btw, just read Faldor's latest post...on the Pats-Jets game, I wouldn't bet against Brady.  No way.  The Jets will be 0-2.

I also have to chime in on the game I watched every snap of...Cowboys-'skins.  Great to see Donovan notch his first W.  To folks who didn't watch the game and just looked at the box score, it looked like a pedestrian effort from #5...but that wasn't the case.  Donovan had receivers dropping a lot of passes that were placed right in their breadboxes.  Plus,  
I wouldn't get too excited about Washington's D as Dallas' O-line is HORRENDOUS!  To have all that talent at the skill positions but no line to block for Romo is embarrassing.  Has Alex Barron ben released yet?  Has Alex Barron released Brian Orakpo from his hold yet??  Smiley

What jack-azz posted this ^ Huh
Oh yeah, that was me!  Talk about 100% wrong!
Jesus, I give up.   hihi

Thank God I don't gamble.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »

What a great game Jets and Dolphins. Both looked great. Good win for the Jets. This should be a great race in the AFC East.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »

What a great game Jets and Dolphins. Both looked great. Good win for the Jets. This should be a great race in the AFC East.
Jets did look impressive last night, on offense especially.  The Dolphins were able to move the ball without much of a problem against the vaunted Jets D, yet it wasn't enough to win.  I wouldn't have bet the Jets could've won the game with their offense, the way they did.  2 good games in a row for Sanchez and the Jets offense.  Maybe it's not a fluke. 

Patriots won, but looked far from impressive against the lowly Bills.  They once again treated the opposing QB to a career day.  I can only imagine what Henne could do against them next week after carving up the Jets last night.  It will be another big game in the AFC East, but again the Patriots have to prove they can beat a good team on the road before I get excited about them.

Danny Woodhead looked great though.  I think he can continue to be effective if the Patriots limit his touches and he'll become a fan favorite by the end of the season if he's not there already.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:43:18 AM by faldor » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

Jets did look impressive last night, on offense especially.  The Dolphins were able to move the ball without much of a problem against the vaunted Jets D, yet it wasn't enough to win.  I wouldn't have bet the Jets could've won the game with their offense, the way they did.  2 good games in a row for Sanchez and the Jets offense.  Maybe it's not a fluke. 

Patriots won, but looked far from impressive against the lowly Bills.  They once again treated the opposing QB to a career day.  I can only imagine what Henne could do against them next week after carving up the Jets last night.  It will be another big game in the AFC East, but again the Patriots have to prove they can beat a good team on the road before I get excited about them.

Danny Woodhead looked great though.  I think he can continue to be effective if the Patriots limit his touches and he'll become a fan favorite by the end of the season if he's not there already.

You have to take into account we were without Revis'. So it was much easier to throw on us then it typically would be. If we can just beat the lowly Bills next week. We should get back both Holmes and Revis the next week. Possibly Pace too. I remember he was 4-6 weeks. I haven't heard if it will be more then 4. Sanchez is looking great. Now that they're letting him really throw the ball. He almost made one or two costly mistakes but got away with them. If he and the offense can keep this up watch out for this team. Once they get Holmes, Revis, and Pace back this could be a scary team.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »

If you had told me that, in week 3, the remaining undefeated teams would be:

Chicago
KC
Pittsburgh (without Ben R, and with their 3rd string QB running the show for a good chunk of time)

I would have at least chuckled derisively in your general direction.

Granted, KC has beat the Browns, a SF team that was supposed to be good but looks terrible, and the historically slow starting Chargers.  But still....

Chicago looks like legit contenders

Pittsburgh...I don't even know what to say.  They could get Ben back with a record NO WORSE than 3-1.  That's...astounding...to me.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »

If you had told me that, in week 3, the remaining undefeated teams would be:

Chicago
KC
Pittsburgh (without Ben R, and with their 3rd string QB running the show for a good chunk of time)

I would have at least chuckled derisively in your general direction.

Granted, KC has beat the Browns, a SF team that was supposed to be good but looks terrible, and the historically slow starting Chargers.  But still....

Chicago looks like legit contenders

Pittsburgh...I don't even know what to say.  They could get Ben back with a record NO WORSE than 3-1.  That's...astounding...to me.
Pittsburgh has had a relatively soft schedule without Ben, so that has helped.  But their defense looks as good as ever, and their offense is only going to get better.  They had an off year last year, but it looks like they're back now.  I'm not sold on KC, but obviously it looks like they're moving in the right direction.  The Bears will be fine as long as Jay Cutler plays well.  If he plays like he did last year, then they'll be in trouble.  So far, so good.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: