Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:43:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148182 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »

Nice, i thought i was the only one going Texans for a wildcard

Ravens
Colts
Pats
Chargers

Texans WC
Steelers WC

Superbowl Ravens

NFC
Cowboys
Packers
Saints
49ers

Vikings
Falcons

Superbowl

Ravens over Cowboys

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2010, 05:20:48 PM »

No one thinks the Jets will even make the playoffs? That defense is scary good especially with Revis back now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »

They may but the ygot a tough schedule. barely made it last year and i think their offense will miss Thomas Jones.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »

No one thinks the Jets will even make the playoffs? That defense is scary good especially with Revis back now.
I think the Jets are a tad overrated, at least as far as THEY'RE concerned.  I mean it's good to be confident, but they take it to another level.  The Dolphins should give them a run for their money in the AFC East this year.  Their offense is MUCH better, at least it appears that way.  The Jets offense doesn't scare me one bit.  Granted their defense is the best in the league, but it has to be for them to succeed.  As for my Patriots, their defense should be awful this year.  They got by for a little bit last year until they were finally exposed, but they played a light schedule.  This years schedule is a beast and they should get torched time and again.  The offense better be in 2007 form or else they could be in big trouble.

Bottom line, I think the Dolphins are the most balanced team in the AFC East, so I'd give them the nod right now.  And the Ravens look to be the most complete team in the conference.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »

They may but the ygot a tough schedule. barely made it last year and i think their offense will miss Thomas Jones.

Very true, their schedule is brutal. I have a feeling Ryan likes it that way. He wants his team to shut the critics up. First 3 weeks we should see just how tough the jets are.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »

I think the Jets are a tad overrated, at least as far as THEY'RE concerned.  I mean it's good to be confident, but they take it to another level.  The Dolphins should give them a run for their money in the AFC East this year.  Their offense is MUCH better, at least it appears that way.  The Jets offense doesn't scare me one bit.  Granted their defense is the best in the league, but it has to be for them to succeed.  As for my Patriots, their defense should be awful this year.  They got by for a little bit last year until they were finally exposed, but they played a light schedule.  This years schedule is a beast and they should get torched time and again.  The offense better be in 2007 form or else they could be in big trouble.

Bottom line, I think the Dolphins are the most balanced team in the AFC East, so I'd give them the nod right now.  And the Ravens look to be the most complete team in the conference.

So much i think depends on Sanchez. How much he progresses from his rookie year. If he can take a big step forward that offense can be very very good. I think not having Holmes the first month could hurt us. Someone has to pick up the slack. Someone has to stand up and be the leader on offense. That was Ryan's huge complaint during Hard Knocks it seems. I think Richardson can be that guy. They had some amazing standout guys during the pre season. Cromartie looked good so did Tomlinson. Rookie John Conner looked very good too as well as McKnight. Like i said to D. I think the first 3 weeks will be telling. 3 Very tough games. I am confident they can turn some heads though. We'll see what happens.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2010, 11:49:08 PM »

Most people, at least the so called experts, expect the Jets to be good this year.  They're not going to sneak up on anybody this season.  Everyone knows how good that defense is and the talent they have on offense.  I'm not saying they're not a good team, I just think people (the experts) are overrating them a bit.  You're right, we'll know a little bit more after the first 3 games, but teams don't really settle in until around November or so.  So the first 3 games certainly aren't make or break, either way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2010, 12:59:14 AM »

Another guy on that team to look out for is that rookie Woodhead. I just watched the last hard knocks. That kid can flat out play.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »

Kevin Kolb makes Jake Delhomme look like Joe Montana. Maybe if Vick had started the game then the Eagles would've won. Of course, had they never traded McNabb, they sure as hell would've won.

I love that there's already a QB controversy, even without McNabb. Some things never change, I guess. Kind of like Reid's horrible clock management and terrible play-calling at the end of games.

It still pisses me off so much, though. The Eagles defense played well; they have so much talent at other positions . . . Too bad they traded away the best QB they've ever had for a guy incapable of throwing a completion. But this is what Philly wanted, so I hope they enjoy it.

Hopefully Kolb comes back, continues to suck it up . . . By the time McNabb comes to town in a few weeks, Philly fans will be screaming "I'm Sorry!" and "PLZ Come Back!" and "We Made a Mistake!"

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2010, 12:32:47 AM »

Jets didn't look too good tonight.  Their defense was tough and looks like it'll be just as good if not better than last year, but they bailed the Ravens out time and again with penalties.  Flacco was picking on Cromartie and Wilson all night long and aside from the one pick by Antonio, he was quite successful.  As for the Jets offense.  Well, they were even worse than I could've ever imagined.  I mean, credit to the Ravens.  They have a very solid defense.  But no offense should look that inept on any given day.  They were just awful.

Baltimore showed themselves to be a Super Bowl favorite tonight.  They seem to have everything needed, solid in all facets. 

My Patriots looked pretty darn good yesterday as well, though I wasn't sold on the Bengals going into the game so I'm not getting too excited yet.  Next Sunday at the Jets will be a bigger test.  Speaking of such.  Randy Moss finally gave credit to Revis yesterday in his 10 minute post game press conference.  He said that he showed him a lot last year and that he dedicated himself this off-season into staying OFF of Revis island.  Should be an interesting matchup, overall, not just Moss vs. Revis.  I expect Darelle to win that one again, seeing as he seems to win every matchup he's a part of.  But the overall matchup is what really matters.  A good early season test for both teams.  Not that it would be catastrophic, but I'm sure the Jets would like to avoid an 0-2 start.  Especially when both those games are in conference (1 divisional) HOME games.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2010, 08:32:06 AM »

I think New England is going to light them up like the Christmas Tree at Rockefellar Center; should be pretty ugly if they play like they did against the Ravens - full out fan revolt after 2 games, can't wait hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:17 PM »

I think New England is going to light them up like the Christmas Tree at Rockefellar Center; should be pretty ugly if they play like they did against the Ravens - full out fan revolt after 2 games, can't wait hihi

Yeah, defense was good but still too many dumb penalties. We don't get that ridiculous running into the kicker penalty we win that game. The offense needs to pick it up though. They couldn't move the ball at all. We've lost Jenkins for the season too apparently. He tore his ACL big loss. We're also without Pace and Holmes for at least 3 more weeks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:04 PM »

media drives me nuts. Jets lose by 1 point after 15 penalties.. a few very questionable, and a backbreaking fumble. They beat themselves. Ravens are a SB favorite.

So all of a sudden the Jets are terrible and are missing the playoffs... REALLY? after one game? barely losing after all that to the Ravens? u would think they lost 50-0 to the Rams.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »

media drives me nuts. Jets lose by 1 point after 15 penalties.. a few very questionable, and a backbreaking fumble. They beat themselves. Ravens are a SB favorite.

So all of a sudden the Jets are terrible and are missing the playoffs... REALLY? after one game? barely losing after all that to the Ravens? u would think they lost 50-0 to the Rams.

The running into the kicker penalty that enabled the Ravens to get a TD was total bullshit imo.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »

Well that's what you get when you deem yourself the best team in football before you play a meaningful game.  All the cocky behavior and attitudes shown on Hard Knocks has people wanting them to fail.  What have they accomplished?  Nothing.  Yet they act like they're the best team ever created.

A loss at home to an undermanned Ravens squad is still a loss.  Plus as undisciplined as they played on defense and as awful as their offense was, they certainly deserve some flak.  Are they doomed?  Of course not.  But every loss in the NFL hurts because you have to wait a whole week to redeem yourself.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »

in their defense, a lot of those penalties were complete horseshit.

u take away the BS running into the kicker and Shonn Greene's fumble. they win that game.

just saying, losing by 1pt to Baltimore doesn't all of a sudden mean u aren't the best team in the league.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »

in their defense, a lot of those penalties were complete horseshit.

u take away the BS running into the kicker and Shonn Greene's fumble. they win that game.

just saying, losing by 1pt to Baltimore doesn't all of a sudden mean u aren't the best team in the league.
I hear you, but Baltimore LOOKED like the far better team last night.  You can't discount how BAD the Jets looked on offense.  If they don't correct that, I don't care how good that defense is.  At least Trent Dilfer had Shannon Sharpe to throw to back when the Ravens defense carried them to a Super Bowl.  Dustin Keller is no Shannon Sharpe.  I don't know what has happened to Braylon Edwards.  And Santonio Holmes is good, but I don't expect him to transform the Jets offense on his own.  Then again, maybe it all leads back to the guy playing quarterback.  It all depends on the strides that he makes.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »

Their defense was very good despite the penalties. They need to cut out the penalties. Take away the 15 penalties last night they probably do win that game. They have got to find a way to do something on offense though especially off turnovers. They took the ball away 3 times and got points off one. You can't be that inefficent.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

Their defense was very good despite the penalties. They need to cut out the penalties. Take away the 15 penalties last night they probably do win that game. They have got to find a way to do something on offense though especially off turnovers. They took the ball away 3 times and got points off one. You can't be that inefficent.
Oh I agree.  The defense, despite the penalties, played well enough and put the team in position to win the game.  The offense just failed miserably, albeit against a very good Ravens defense.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »

Thing is, that Balt def is gonna make alot of offenses look terrible. so the Jets do have an avg Offense, so a lot of that was the baltimore factor.

Good news for Jets, is they won't play a D that good rest of the year. Jets are built for the playoffs the same way the Colts are built for the regular season.

Jets get into the playoffs, and like those SB steeler teams ,will be tough to put out.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: