Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:30:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148115 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2010, 02:18:42 AM »

I'm happy to see Tebow get drafted in the first round. Hopefully in the future he'll be able to prove all the haters wrong.

And I wonder if the Rams still would've picked Bradford number one overall if they knew Clausen would survive the first round? The Rams could've gotten the best player in the draft with Suh, then still picked their QB of the future with Clausen in the 2nd round.

Here Today . . .
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2010, 06:23:58 AM »

I'm happy to see Tebow get drafted in the first round. Hopefully in the future he'll be able to prove all the haters wrong.

And I wonder if the Rams still would've picked Bradford number one overall if they knew Clausen would survive the first round? The Rams could've gotten the best player in the draft with Suh, then still picked their QB of the future with Clausen in the 2nd round.

I thought that as well. I watched enough college football to draw a decent enough opinion on the two of them, and I really never got the feeling either was going to be an NFL Franchise QB...but I also don't pretend to know what NFL scouts know, so we'll see.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »

NFLare protecting their image so they don't come off as racist for always coming down hard on the black players.

Pacman Jones was never convicted either.

PacBen Rapelisberger needs a wakeup call.

I absolutely love the latitude the NFL has to deal with assholes like "Not-so-Gentle Ben."
Who's defending Ben?  Who's jumping up and saying this isn't true and it's a misunderstanding, etc.  Nobody. 
From everything I've read, the investigation was botched.

I hope to God when the Commissioner steps up to the podium to announce the 8th pick in the draft tomorrow night, he'll announce there's been a trade.  I would love to see Ben traded to the Raiders!  Oh how sweet that would be.

speaking of soap opera, how about the talk of T.O. being considered in Washington?  Apparently Donovan wants him there if possible.

Well said about Little Ben! I can't stand the guy and he's a complete jerk. I guess him wanting to put this behind him has gone completely out the window. I hope this does send a message to the players. Hopefully, this wasn't a knee jerk reaction because he's a white quarterback.

About T.O. going to Washington at the supposed request of McNubb. Did he not learn anything in Philadelphia concerning Team Obliterator? These players, owners, fans, and teams that keep wanting to bring this selfish jerk back are complete ignorant fools. San Fransisco was a failure! Philadelphia was a failure! Dallas was a failure! and Buffalo was a failure! Are people in the NFL and fans just this stupid?

So far the draft has been really predictable....surprised though that the Browns or Niners didn't take Clausen....I'm still putting my money on that Tebow doesn't go first round.

Oh well!  rofl How much money did you lose?

I had no doubt Clausen would not go in the first round. The guy is completely ooverrated and a lot of teams saw right thru the 'he's so talented' garbage made up by ESPN and the rest. It doesn't take much to make yourself look good when you play against cream puff teams every year. Two, maybe three games where N.D. actually plays a team who's good?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »

Hahaha dude the even more messed up thing was as SOON as I like hit Post to put that up, they were like "The Denver Broncos select Tim Tebow"!!  My words tasted wonderful! hihi

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »

Clausen could easily be another version of Brady Quinn.  And that's not a good thing.  In fact, he may not even be as good as Quinn.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2010, 12:34:53 AM »

Oh you fuckin Jets!   rant
Stole Kyle Wilson right before we could grab him.  Mother fucker!   rant
Hopefully Cook pans out, at 6' 2" he'll have some size to try and cover Megatron twice a year.

Gearhart, I'm undecided.  I'm leaning towards him being good value at that spot. 

I wouldn't mind the DE out of SC or Bruce Campbell as the #2 in the 4th round for my Vikes.
I'm tired, good night!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2010, 12:43:04 AM »

what kind of help did Jay Cutler have in Chicago? his best receiver is someone none of us have even heard of or can even spell his name without googling

Forte was hurt, o line terrible.

Brandon Marshall is the best WR in the league. u can't replace him with a guy who played in a run offense at Ga Tech and can run like 2 routes.

Dez Bryant also best WR in draft.

Tebow played in a SYSTEM in college that allowed for certain things. Teams had to stack the line to stop his run which gave him easy passes.

in NCAA, passing windows are super wide... NFL, no body is wide open, u have to have exact timing and fit that ball into the window at the perfect time.

I just don't think Tebow can do that and he isn't gonna run the ball in the NFL. he will be  injured quick.

Has anyone ever seen Tebow do a 3 step drop and get the ball out or a 5 or a 7

He'd line up in the shotgun in a great spread offense... fake the handoff, or fake the run which would get his men open and he'd find them

that shit doesn't happen in the NFL.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »

I agree Cutler didn't have many weapons in Chicago and could certainly use some help in that department.  BUT, IF he's supposed to be a franchise QB he should be able to overcome some of that.  He had a god awful year last year and plenty of QB's have had much better seasons with the same level of talent or less surrounding them.  And Kyle Orton did better than he did with the Bears and just as good if not better with the Broncos, at least overall as a team.  At some point, you have to lay some of the blame on Cutler and not his supporting cast and I'm sure even he would agree with that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »

Jesus i hate Jay Cutler but u guys are making me defend him

Kyle Orton and Grossman didn't do shit..t hey had a great D and managed the game. Cutler isn't a game manager.

Also, Forte had an amazing rookie season but due to knee injuries played like shit, not to mention they lost Urlacher for the year so their D wasn't elite.

When Devin Hester is your number 1 WR, u can't be blamed. sorry

2 years ago in Denver, they had no Defense and he was playing with the 8th string running back.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2010, 01:34:40 AM »

Jay Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school.

Cutler is like Favre, but without the occasional flashes of greatness, which means he has a really strong arm but makes a lot of dumbass decisions with the ball.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2010, 01:47:38 AM »

Jesus i hate Jay Cutler but u guys are making me defend him

Kyle Orton and Grossman didn't do shit..t hey had a great D and managed the game. Cutler isn't a game manager.

Also, Forte had an amazing rookie season but due to knee injuries played like shit, not to mention they lost Urlacher for the year so their D wasn't elite.

When Devin Hester is your number 1 WR, u can't be blamed. sorry

2 years ago in Denver, they had no Defense and he was playing with the 8th string running back.
Bottom line is Jay Cutler didn't win with Denver and he REALLY didn't win with Chicago.  You can give me all the reasons in the world as to why, but that doesn't change anything.  Tom Brady used to be a game manager back when he didn't have any weapons and that worked out fine.  Maybe Cutler could change his style of play to suit his teams needs.

And Greg Olsen is a pretty good pass catching TE.

I'll admit, I'm a little extra sour on Cutler because I drafted him as my backup QB last year in fantasy and I had to drop his sorry ass midway through the season.  God awful season, regardless of the lack of weapons, mental stability, playing in the windy city, whatever else you want to throw out there. 

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2010, 06:47:23 AM »

Give Cutler a wide-open Shanahan passing system and a beast at WR like Marshall and you may just want to deal a ton of draft picks for him

Put him in Chicago with Devin Hester and Earl Bennett and you may just re-evaluate dealing a ton of draft picks for him

I think he's decent but he really needs to grow up and make better decisions on the field
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2010, 08:05:46 AM »

I'm with Comamotive on Cutler.  btw, Cutler's personality reminds me of the former #1 overall pick qb Jeff George...it's not a recipe for a winning team, but goddamn is he talented. 

On comparing him to Favre, that's nuts...maybe early '90's versions of Favre, but the 2009 40 year old Favre was the most efficient (33td to just 7 ints) qb in the league! (until the one stupid-ass throw against Nawlins at the end of regulation in the NFC Champ. Game)  Not just talent, Favre is a leader.  He leads by example and has a winning personality.  Cutler doesn't and doesn't.   

I said it before the season began (and I'm pretty sure it came to fruition) that Orton would have a better year than Cutler in '09. 
The Bears suck and may just end up finishing behind Detroit as Detroit has made some excellent additions (Best, Burleson, Suh)

The Jets look like a powerhouse on defense.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2010, 08:44:51 AM »

Cutler is like Favre, but without the occasional flashes of greatness, which means he has a really strong arm but makes a lot of dumbass decisions with the ball.

Are you joking? Occasional flashes of greatest? Brett FAvre is a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee without a doubt. Comparing Cutler to Brett Favre is absolutely ridiculous!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2010, 01:58:40 PM »

Are you joking? Occasional flashes of greatest? Brett FAvre is a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee without a doubt. Comparing Cutler to Brett Favre is absolutely ridiculous!

Yo Gilee, when Jay's 40 years old and tosses 33 touchdown passes to just 7 picks, I'll compare him to Brett.  Smiley
I will agree that the similarity is that they are both unorthodox gunslingers at heart...
...I will admit I'm totally fucking biased as I bleed purple!  Smiley

btw, interesting Favre story.  Jerry Glanville took a little bit of credit for Brett Favre being what he is today, obviously an automatic first ballot Hall of Famer:  he said that if it wasn't for trading him to a town like Green Bay, nobody would know Brett Favre today.  (apparently Brett was a drinker and needed a town that closed early, like Green Bay)  I thought that was interesting.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »

I know it's tough to tell at this point, but what does everyone think about the draft this weekend?  Which teams helped themselves out?  Which teams didn't?

As a New England fan, I like what they did.  There was a lot of questions and concerns with their first round pick, DB Devin McCourty.  The fans wanted them to take Dez Bryant OR a legit pass rusher like Jerry Hughes, which they're STILL in desperate need of.  I feel bad for McCourty because the fans are going to compare him to the guys they didn't draft.  Teams seems to be focusing on loading up on DB's these days though, and their secondary was BAD last year.  But a great deal of that had to do with their non-existant pass rush, so I'm not sure where I stand.  He should be an instant contributor on special teams and possibly a nickel back.  They made some great picks on the 2nd and 3rd days though.  They got 2 TE's, who look like they have some potential.  TE was a huge need area too, since Alge Crumpler was the only TE on the roster.  They got ILB Spikes from Florida who many think could line up with Mayo and contribute right away.  And they managed, once again, to stockpile picks for NEXT year while still making 12 picks in THIS draft.  Next year they have 2 fists and 2 seconds, 10 picks overall.  Bill is a master at targeting the players he wants and trading "down" to get them, accumulating picks in the process.  The only thing you have to question is, who they pass up on by trading down and whether that makes it worthwhile.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »

As a Raider fan I am still in shock at the amount of competence and common sense that was used this past weekend.  They had one of the better weekends in the league, made a huge upgrade at QB for practically nothing(yes Campbell is just a solid QB but compared to Russell hes Joe Montana).  They addressed a few line issues, and their pass rush.  Really couldnt have gone any better for them this weekend.  I liked it when some reporter said "Whos the guy who locked AL Davis in the closet for the weekend?."   hihi
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

As a Raider fan I am still in shock at the amount of competence and common sense that was used this past weekend.  They had one of the better weekends in the league, made a huge upgrade at QB for practically nothing(yes Campbell is just a solid QB but compared to Russell hes Joe Montana).  They addressed a few line issues, and their pass rush.  Really couldnt have gone any better for them this weekend.  I liked it when some reporter said "Whos the guy who locked AL Davis in the closet for the weekend?."   hihi

Spot on post Bodhi.  I 2nd that reporter's quote!  rofl  Some of the earlier mock drafts had Bruce Campbell (the Combine freak) going to Oakland at #8 overall!  They got him in the 4th.
Rolando McClain was apparently coveted by the Giants in the teens, so some said it may have been a tad early...but, there was no guarantee McClain would have lasted much after #8.
Even though I can't stand Jason Campbell, you're right, he's better than what they've got, and they didn't have to give up much for him. 

Faldor, I like McCourty, in fact, he was one of 2 cb's I wanted my Vikings to nab...unfortunately the Pats got McCourty and the Jets took Kyle Wilson.  The Cook dude we got better be good or I'm gonna be even more pissed.
Belichik is a friggin genius.  Year in year out he works his magic.  Some day teams will wise up and not make deals with the guy!   hihi

My Vikes also got Everson Griffen out of Southern Cal.  Apparently, physically he's a 1st round talent, but other concerns dropped him in the draft.
I also like the idea of Gearhart becoming our 3rd down back, and a back to spell Peterson if he fucking fumbles again!

The worst 1st rounder had to be Alualu by the Jags at #10.  Not that the guy's not a good talent, but because from what I heard, he wasn't on teams' boards for that early...I don't know why they didn't fall back for extra picks.

...and yes, if Jimmy Clausen turns into something special, lots of teams will be kicking themselves in a few years.

NFL 2010, I can't fucking wait!!!   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2010, 12:13:22 AM »

I wasn't praising Cutler when I compared him to Favre. I meant that as a diss. They're both gunslingers. They both throw a shitload of INTs. Of course, Favre actually knows how to win, and yes, he did have an amazing season last year. I'll never be a fan of Favre, though; I think he's one of the most overrated QBs of all time. The Favre that threw the INT in the NFC Championship game last year, that's Cutler in every game. That's what I meant. Cutler is the bad-version of Favre. He'll drive his team down the field, get to the redzone, then throw an INT into quardruple coverage.

Faldor, I hope Spikes does really well for you guys. I actually know Brandon. He and I went to the same high school. He was a grade under me. So it's pretty cool seeing a guy I went to high school get drafted, and by the New England Patriots no less.

I guess the Eagles had an okay draft, although they should've taken the safety Earl Thomas when they traded up in the first round. And I don't think they drafted a single O-linemen, which is odd. I'm still bitter about the McNabb trade, though, so I especially hope Nate Allen sucks, the guy drafted with the 37th pick the Eagles acquired in the trade. Maybe when Kolb stinks up the joint for the next 2 or 3 years, that Kafka guy they drafted can step in and be successful, and I can root for my team again.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:19:41 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

"I was appreciated in Philadelphia," McNabb said in an interview with ESPN's Adam Schefter. "I think a lot of that is overblown. I was loved in Philadelphia."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: