Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 139692 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »

The J-E-T-S are are finishing out a dominatiion of the Patriots. They talked the talked and then just fucking backed it up. Suck it New England and their fans. For the record. I don't mean you Faldor, you aren't arrogant like many of the fans are. I like and respect you.

Dammit Timothy!  You almost make me wanna root for the Jets!  Almost.  hihi
Wow, what a game. 
Time for me to jinx the next Jets opponent...I've got the Steelers winning next weekend!   Grin

LOL please don't! You gotta give them huge props though. That team came ready to play today. They were sick on defense. 5 sacks on Brady one int and he was on his back a whole lot.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »

The J-E-T-S are are finishing out a dominatiion of the Patriots. They talked the talked and then just fucking backed it up. Suck it New England and their fans. For the record. I don't mean you Faldor, you aren't arrogant like many of the fans are. I like and respect you.

Wow, what a game. 
Time for me to jinx the next Jets opponent...I've got the Steelers winning next weekend!   Grin

LOL please don't! You gotta give them huge props though. That team came ready to play today. They were sick on defense. 5 sacks on Brady one int and he was on his back a whole lot.

Totally Timothy.  The Jets won that game fair and square.  Props given!
Chicago and NY should be very happy...Axl4Prez is guaranteeing Pitt and GB in the Super Bowl!   rofl

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #662 on: January 16, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

Wow, what a game. 

Totally Timothy.  The Jets won that game fair and square.  Props given!
Chicago and NY should be very happy...Axl4Prez is guaranteeing Pitt and GB in the Super Bowl!   rofl

Whoever wins the championship games i think this years super bowl is gonna be a great game. Just look at who's left. The Jets with a defense peaking at the right time. A young QB that seems to be maturing before our eyes and is now 4-1 in his young career. Pittsburgh with a scary pass defense. The bears are great on both sides of the ball, Cutler is really playing well. He and his defense demolished the Seahwks, then you have the Pack with Rodgers really coming into his own and another great defense. Next week is going to be fucking exciting.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2011, 11:31:33 PM »

Right, Chicago beat Seattle who sucks

GB vs Pittsburgh is my guess  Pitt winning it all

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2011, 11:58:30 PM »

I hope you jinx Pittsburgh like you did the Pats D!  Grin
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #665 on: January 18, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »

I'm starting to worry about Faldor...
if I had tech skills I'd post a screenshot from the Don't Cry video...instead of Where's Izzy?  It would read Where's Faldor?
It works on 2 levels.  Wink

Faldor, become a Vikings fan and you won't have to worry about playoff losses!   hihi

seriously, you'll be back stronger next year than this year.  Tons of draft picks...#1 offense...you'll be back.
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #666 on: January 18, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »

I am too. Its not like him to not be around even after a Pats loss. He must be taking this pretty hard.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #667 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37:37 AM »

I don't think it's so much that the Patriots lost, but who they lost to, that's probably killing Faldor the most.

Here Today . . .
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #668 on: January 19, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »

Yeah but he hasn't even logged on in 3 days. That concerns me a bit. I could see why he'd avoid this thread but the whole board?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #669 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

^ These things do have a way of making one physically ill.  We all have at least one game in our life when the loss was so horrible, so unbearable, that you actually fall into a brief depression.  The one time it happened to me, I was about 13 years old, I ran up a pretty high fever and was close to catatonic.  My parents were convinced that I had gambled and lost a fortune on the game, because they believed no sane person could care so much about a team that otherwise has nothing to do with them.

That said, this is nowhere near as bad as the Pats loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl, so I'm sure our buddy will bounce back soon.   
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #670 on: January 19, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »

^ I remember being really down after the NFC Championship game last year...that Favre pick just kept replaying in my mind, "Did that REALLY just happen?"  and you find yourself asking the same question over and over and over.  Days go by, weeks go by...it's like getting kicked in the nuts.   Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #671 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »

I feel Faldor's pain... That sucked... no where near as bad as SB 42, but still painful.

None of what I say below should be taken as excuses... this is part of my recovery process.

I actually just watched the first quarter and a half again and am beside myself that 2 stupid mistakes were the difference between ending the first half 3-0 and what should have been 14-0. Brady should have thrown that screen pass into the ground and 9 out of 10 times he would. Then on the second drive, why are you throwing it to Crumpler in the end zone? He hadn't sniffed the ball thoughout 90 percent of the season and you are throwing it to him in the end zone of your biggest game of the season?

4 minutes left in the first half down 7-3 on your own 38 and you fake punt... and drop the snap? If they punt the Jets need to drive the length of the field for their 2nd touchdown, and you get the ball to start the second half.

The only thing I can say postitive is that they went 14-2 in a 'rebuilding year' with the one of the youngest teams in the league that are just going to get better with time and several picks in the first 3 rounds of the upcoming draft.

Overall I have to say that the Jets out played and out coached them. This weekend I say Go Jets and Go Pack.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #672 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »

The Eagles have had some losses in the last decade that were pretty devastating to me. The NFC Championship loss to the Rams wasn't a big deal, because I was just happy to have gotten that far. The next two years, though, when they lost to the Bucs and Panthers, those losses took awhile to recover from. The Superbowl loss was worst of all. The farther your team gets, the harder it is when they lose. I was in zombie mode for weeks after some of those losses.

The Eagles NFC Championship loss to the Cardinals was painful, because I just knew that the Eagles were going to win that game. With all the luck required for the Eagles to even get into the playoffs that year, and with everything that had been going their way during the weeks leading up to that game, I just knew that the Eagles were destined to win the Superbowl that year. (Plus they had blown-out AZ just a few weeks earlier.) Last year's loss to Dallas also depressed me for weeks, partly because I despise Dallas, but also because I had a feeling that it was probably going to be the last time I watched McNabb in an Eagles uniform.

Gah, just thinking about all those losses now depresses the shit out of me. To be so close, year after year, and yet come away with nothing . . .  crying crying crying
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:15:57 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:22 AM »

Dont wanna hear about painful losses. Romo dropping the hold on the chip shot game winning FG against Seattle.. im still not over it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #674 on: January 20, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »

Yeah D, that was epci FAIL! I still would've cut Homo after that. That is inexcuseable.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #675 on: January 20, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »

Yeah D, that was epci FAIL! I still would've cut Homo after that. That is inexcuseable.

Romo will lead the 'boys back into the playoffs in 2011.
Tashard Choice deserves more carries than Barber.
Barber needs to go.
All the "experts" will have it pegged:
1 Eagles
2 Giants
3- Cowboys
4- 'skins
I say 'boys, Giants, birds, 'skins.
Vick will get hurt.  Philly's D will remain sub-par.  Reid will be on the hot seat.

I know all this because I called Miss Cleo.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #676 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »

LOL prez that was great.  hihi
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #677 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »

Axl4Prez, I realized something today . . . You named your fantasy team Jessica Alba a couple years ago. Not long afterwards, somebody knocks her up. This past season you named your team Natalie Portman; now she's knocked up.

Coincidence? I think not.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #678 on: January 21, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »

Axl4Prez, I realized something today . . . You named your fantasy team Jessica Alba a couple years ago. Not long afterwards, somebody knocks her up. This past season you named your team Natalie Portman; now she's knocked up.

Coincidence? I think not.

Dude, that's crazy!  The ironic part about you bringin' this up tonight?  I just named my 2011 team...gilee7's mom!   Grin
Totally kidding dude.  Smiley

That is funny shit.  I have taken a lot of pride in naming my fantasy football teams after hot pieces of a$$.  Smiley

Bears by 3.
Steelers by 4.
Enjoy the games!  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D