Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 139693 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #640 on: January 13, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »

Yo guys, you've GOT to check out Wes Welker's interview! 
Check out the text under the replay...hilarious stuff.  Smiley

http://deadspin.com/5732917/

The Pats are going to DESTROY the Jets.  I will thoroughly enjoy watching Jabba's Jets lose badly.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #641 on: January 14, 2011, 12:20:46 AM »

Stats say other wise though Faldor. Even the Minny game. check the stats over 300 yards of total offense, couple tds one pick. not a bad game by any means.

Vick in games he started and finish only lost to Chicago 31-27, not his fault as he threw for 333 and 2 tds. Minnesota which was kinda bullshit cause they postponed it to Tuesday, Vick injured his quad in first quarter.

Green Bay game, It was a great game. Akers missed 2 FGs, Celek screwed up the 2pt conversion. Vick did throw the pick at the end, but up until then, he did well, especially considering he was without Jackson for most of the first half.

I keep hearing people say how Vick had ONE good season. well, why would he regress next year? If he has a whole nother offseason in this system, Philly upgrade O line... how could he possibly regress? I think with better protection, he will be even more unstoppable now he has pocket QB skills.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:22:17 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #642 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »

Exactly, just remember that 60 yard effortless bomb to Jackson on the first play in the Washington game.

Another thing that hurts Vick is not having a big WR. If he had a big physical WR to go over the middle, he'd be able to slant teams to death off that corner/nickel blitz.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't slants a little tougher to throw when you are an undersized quarterback?  Kinda tough to zip it over a 6' 5" d-lineman when you're about 5' 11" tall
short. Wink

btw, honestly, if he could stay healthy, I'd throw Stafford in there over Eli (if he was healthy).  The guy is talented as hell.  If he can get healthy and stay healthy, there's a LOT of potential there.

Sandman, what about that report from Sal Paolantonio a few weeks ago that had analysts ripping Vick's failure to read blitzes?  Honestly, I wish the guy well.  He's set.  He's going to be the Eagles starter for several more seasons (if he stays healthy).
The Eagles are blowing smoke saying they want to keep him and Kolb...I believe they want to, but there is no way in hell they can afford both in this NFL market.  Kolb will be a hot commodity, and the Eagles are just trying to drive the price up. 
The foreskins are doing the same thing with McNabb knowing full well they have no intention of keeping him in Washington.  They'll eventually have to buckle and deal McNabb for less than what they gave up to get him.   Hopefully, Donovan and Fat Albert both go to Minnesota (or L.A., wherever my Vikes end up)

I think that's a fair criticism of Vick. he needed to do a better job with that. although i do give him credit for being so focused on hanging in the pocket and looking downfield. i also think Reid should of done more to help him out there.

i am assuming the eagles franchise Vick at a cost of about $17M. as for the eagles keeping both, Kolb is only owed $1.3M next year. they gave him a bonus worth close to $9M this year. financially, they have major incentive to keep him. they would have to get a new backup at MORE money if he's gone. and i don't think they could find a backup better than Kolb. and vick showed that he is at risk of missing some games, so a good backup who knows the system is important.

the two unknowns are:
1) will Kolb cause a major issue if he starts as the backup with no chance of winning the starting job in camp? he's entering his 5th year (i believe) and wants to be a starter. he's been a "good soldier" so far, but his frustration may be at its breaking point.
2) is there a team (browns, dolphins, cardinals, 49ers, vikings, etc.) that would blow the eagles away with an offer for kolb? a package that includes a first rounder?? it wouldn't surprise me. kolb is an unknown but if a team really believes he can be a very good QB, they would give up a first rounder in a second. especially considering how cheap he would be. a team could have their starting QB under contract for a year at a cheap price. a #1 draft pick is a crapshoot and they could end up paying that pick more than kolb will make.
BUT, i'm guessing the birds will want more than just a #1 (for the same reasons). 2 first rounders would do it (i've heard Sal Pal mention that that's not out of the question), or a #1 packaged with a few other picks.

with all that said, guesing what the eagles will do has proven to be a waste of time. tough team to figure out.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #643 on: January 14, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »

Exactly, just remember that 60 yard effortless bomb to Jackson on the first play in the Washington game.

Another thing that hurts Vick is not having a big WR. If he had a big physical WR to go over the middle, he'd be able to slant teams to death off that corner/nickel blitz.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't slants a little tougher to throw when you are an undersized quarterback?  Kinda tough to zip it over a 6' 5" d-lineman when you're about 5' 11" tall
short. Wink

btw, honestly, if he could stay healthy, I'd throw Stafford in there over Eli (if he was healthy).  The guy is talented as hell.  If he can get healthy and stay healthy, there's a LOT of potential there.

Sandman, what about that report from Sal Paolantonio a few weeks ago that had analysts ripping Vick's failure to read blitzes?  Honestly, I wish the guy well.  He's set.  He's going to be the Eagles starter for several more seasons (if he stays healthy).
The Eagles are blowing smoke saying they want to keep him and Kolb...I believe they want to, but there is no way in hell they can afford both in this NFL market.  Kolb will be a hot commodity, and the Eagles are just trying to drive the price up. 
The foreskins are doing the same thing with McNabb knowing full well they have no intention of keeping him in Washington.  They'll eventually have to buckle and deal McNabb for less than what they gave up to get him.   Hopefully, Donovan and Fat Albert both go to Minnesota (or L.A., wherever my Vikes end up)

I think that's a fair criticism of Vick. he needed to do a better job with that. although i do give him credit for being so focused on hanging in the pocket and looking downfield. i also think Reid should of done more to help him out there.

i am assuming the eagles franchise Vick at a cost of about $17M. as for the eagles keeping both, Kolb is only owed $1.3M next year. they gave him a bonus worth close to $9M this year. financially, they have major incentive to keep him. they would have to get a new backup at MORE money if he's gone. and i don't think they could find a backup better than Kolb. and vick showed that he is at risk of missing some games, so a good backup who knows the system is important.

the two unknowns are:
1) will Kolb cause a major issue if he starts as the backup with no chance of winning the starting job in camp? he's entering his 5th year (i believe) and wants to be a starter. he's been a "good soldier" so far, but his frustration may be at its breaking point.
2) is there a team (browns, dolphins, cardinals, 49ers, vikings, etc.) that would blow the eagles away with an offer for kolb? a package that includes a first rounder?? it wouldn't surprise me. kolb is an unknown but if a team really believes he can be a very good QB, they would give up a first rounder in a second. especially considering how cheap he would be. a team could have their starting QB under contract for a year at a cheap price. a #1 draft pick is a crapshoot and they could end up paying that pick more than kolb will make.
BUT, i'm guessing the birds will want more than just a #1 (for the same reasons). 2 first rounders would do it (i've heard Sal Pal mention that that's not out of the question), or a #1 packaged with a few other picks.

with all that said, guesing what the eagles will do has proven to be a waste of time. tough team to figure out.  hihi

This situation has to be killing Kolb.  He seems like a good team guy.  The last thing he wants to do is cause a ruckus posturing to start in Philly...and he won't, partly because he knows there's no way in hell he starts over Vick.  Unfortunately, Kolb has to do what's best for him, and Philly's just not the place for him to start.  He has to go.  I'm sure his agent has spoken with management, and management is probably telling them to be patient.  Didn't Kolb recently say he wants to start or be traded?
I will punch myself in the scrotum if Kolb garners 2 1st-rounders for Philly.  No way, no how.
His performance in limited games has hurt his stock.
Philly better be realistic.
Philly will likely make the right move.  They are a consistently winning franchise. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #644 on: January 14, 2011, 07:01:17 PM »

Stats say other wise though Faldor. Even the Minny game. check the stats over 300 yards of total offense, couple tds one pick. not a bad game by any means.

Vick in games he started and finish only lost to Chicago 31-27, not his fault as he threw for 333 and 2 tds. Minnesota which was kinda bullshit cause they postponed it to Tuesday, Vick injured his quad in first quarter.

Green Bay game, It was a great game. Akers missed 2 FGs, Celek screwed up the 2pt conversion. Vick did throw the pick at the end, but up until then, he did well, especially considering he was without Jackson for most of the first half.

I keep hearing people say how Vick had ONE good season. well, why would he regress next year? If he has a whole nother offseason in this system, Philly upgrade O line... how could he possibly regress? I think with better protection, he will be even more unstoppable now he has pocket QB skills.
To quote Bill Belichick, "Stats are for losers!"

I don't think Vick played particularly well against Green Bay.  I never once said to myself while watching the game, "man Vick is playing well, the Eagles should be winning this game."  Quite the opposite.  I was amazed they stayed close enough to have a shot at the end.  I don't necessarily think Vick will regress next season.  BUT, the fact remains he was far better in his first 6 games than his last 6, so you could argue that the regression has already begun. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #645 on: January 14, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »

Yo guys, you've GOT to check out Wes Welker's interview! 
Check out the text under the replay...hilarious stuff.  Smiley

http://deadspin.com/5732917/

The Pats are going to DESTROY the Jets.  I will thoroughly enjoy watching Jabba's Jets lose badly.
The beauty of the Welker comments is that they were so sneaky and under the radar that they were barely noticed at the time.  Far different than Antonio Cromartie coming out with his profanity laced tirade against Brady.  If Cromartie calling Brady classless isn't the definition of hypocritical, I don't know what is.  Isn't this the same guy who has fathered 10 children with 8 different women?

Anyhow, the other great thing about the Welker comments is that it's an "off" topic issue in the Jet locker room.  Rex, nor the players are going to respond because they don't want to reference Rex's foot fetish.

I can't wait for Sunday.  It will probably be closer than 45-3.  I mean, it has to be, right?  I'm thinking 31-17, or somewhere in that neighborhood.  One things for sure, it'll be one tough and depressing ride home if the Patriots somehow lose the game.  Even worse than the ride home after last years season ending loss to the Ravens.  Last years team wasn't nearly as likeable, or as talented.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #646 on: January 14, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »

I expect it will be closer then the last one. I'd hate to see either team get blown out. I want a good competitive game no matter the outcome.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #647 on: January 14, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »

I expect it will be closer then the last one. I'd hate to see either team get blown out. I want a good competitive game no matter the outcome.

Well, Timothy, you've got some things going for you and your Jets.  99% of the experts are picking the Pats to win big...and more importantly, the worst prognosticator in the world (yours truly) is picking the Pats to dismantle the Jets.   hihi
Good luck!  Holy shit the Jets are gonna need it!   peace

Can't wait for the Ravens-Steelers and Jets-Pats games.

Faldor, r u gonna be at the game?  If so, yeah, I'm jealous!  That place is gonna be electric!   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #648 on: January 14, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »

Well, Timothy, you've got some things going for you and your Jets.  99% of the experts are picking the Pats to win big...and more importantly, the worst prognosticator in the world (yours truly) is picking the Pats to dismantle the Jets.   hihi
Good luck!  Holy shit the Jets are gonna need it!   peace

Can't wait for the Ravens-Steelers and Jets-Pats games.

Faldor, r u gonna be at the game?  If so, yeah, I'm jealous!  That place is gonna be electric!   peace

Yes, I will be there to witness whatever goes down.  You picking the Pats does scare me a bit, but as you said, most "experts" are picking them and they will be the favorite the rest of the season, however long that may last.  I'd have to think the loss of Damien Woody on the O-line is a bit damaging to the Jets. 

I would LOVE another 45-3 trouncing obviously, but I imagine the Jets will play more cautious this time around.  They did limit the Colts to only 16 points, so their defense is capable of slowing down good offenses.  But the Patriots offense IS the best in the NFL, so it ain't gonna be easy.

I can't wait for Sunday though.  Heading to the stadium around 10AM to get there when the parking lots open, per usual, to get some much needed tailgating done.  The place should be electric.  Hopefully not many Jets fans will be in the house.  There were WAY too many Ravens fans at Gillette for last years wild card game.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #649 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »

I don't even think Kolb is worth one first round draft pick, to be honest, let alone two. And until the whole labor union thing is sorted out, nobody can trade anybody. At least, as far as I understand.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's games. Both are completely up for grabs, in my opinion, whereas Sunday's games could possibly turn into blowouts.

The Steelers-Ravens games always go down to the wire, but I think the Steelers will win, since they've had a week off to rest and prepare, plus they're at home.

Packers-Falcons . . . I know the Falcons are the number one seed, and they're solid in all areas, but they don't really jump out at you like some of the other teams. I think the Packers have the better QB and the better defense, so I give them the edge. I'm actually rooting for the Packers now that my Eagles are eliminated. The Packers are the only NFC team I could see beating the Patriots in the Superbowl.

Pats-Jets . . . Hopefully it'll be closer than the last time they played, but I don't see anyone stopping the Pats from reaching yet another Superbowl.

Bears-Seahawks . . . I hope the Bears win, just because I hate the idea of a 7-9 team potentially hosting the NFC Championship game. The Seahawks were decent at home all year, but terrible on the road . . . Apparently they actually beat the Bears earlier this season IN Chicago, though, so who knows . . . I think it'll be surprisingly close, but Bears win.

Here Today . . .
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #650 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »

The loss of Woody could be bad but we have a very good backup at that position. So hopefully it won't hurt in the same way the loss of Leonhard did. The Jets have backed off the all out insane blitzes and are playing much better man to man to man cover defense lately. I still believe we have to disrupt Brady a little but if we can play good coverage on his recievers we have a chance. Also, Cromartie can't play bump and run coverage. When he did that last week against the Colts he was less effective. He was beaten consistently.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:37:33 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #651 on: January 15, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »

Hey guys, I heard something sick on ESPN Radio yesterday.
Did ya'll realize Namdi Asomugha of Oakland, was thrown at 33 times this season?
There were 13 catches in those 33 targets.
Is that effing insane or what?

I haven't seen Revis' numbers...but damn that's impressive!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #652 on: January 15, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »

Im for New England but it won't be a 45-3 type beatdown

This game will be close I got NE 24-21   Baltimore 16-13
Seattle the upset tomorrow 20-17
GB over Atlanta 24-20

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #653 on: January 15, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

What a fucking dirty team the steelers are. I can't believe all the dumbass personal fouls they've had called today and even ones that weren't. There's gonna be some fines from this one.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #654 on: January 15, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »

Thanks Gilee.  I wish I lives in the '50's when I could have used "inappropriate humor" everywhere and not have to worry about being sued!  Smiley

Predictions!

Faldor, cover your ears, this may be a very bad omen for your boys...

...my stone cold lock of the week is Patriots BIG!  Take the -8.5 and the over!!!

Steelers in a tight one.
Packers
Sea-effing-Hawks!!!

The AFC games are the games of the week.  Jets-Pats will be interesting, but that Ravens-Steelers game is going to be off the hook!!!

On my way to 2-0 for Saturday!  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #655 on: January 15, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »

Faldor especially, but everybody should get a kick out of this oldie but goodie!
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/everyone-at-hospital-already-hates-wes-welker,2885/

It's still funny as hell.    hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #656 on: January 15, 2011, 11:43:16 PM »

Considering how good the Packers are right now, it's almost scary to think about how good they'd be if they still had Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Nick Barnett and some of the other guys they've lost to injury.

I know I'm looking too far ahead, but I think a Packers-Patriots Superbowl would make for an excellent game.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #657 on: January 16, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »

Considering how good the Packers are right now, it's almost scary to think about how good they'd be if they still had Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Nick Barnett and some of the other guys they've lost to injury.

I know I'm looking too far ahead, but I think a Packers-Patriots Superbowl would make for an excellent game.

Rodgers makes any game interesting.  Great arm, great escapability, makes you hold your breath in the open field considering his concussion history...great shit!
...and yes, especially Finley.  Jermichael's head and shoulders above Quarless. 
I'm rooting for the Seahawks today because if they win, they host the NFC Championship game!  The win over the Saints already proved they belonged in the playoffs...a win over Cutler's sour puss would make me smile.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »

The J-E-T-S are are finishing out a dominatiion of the Patriots. They talked the talked and then just fucking backed it up. Suck it New England and their fans. For the record. I don't mean you Faldor, you aren't arrogant like many of the fans are. I like and respect you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »

The J-E-T-S are are finishing out a dominatiion of the Patriots. They talked the talked and then just fucking backed it up. Suck it New England and their fans. For the record. I don't mean you Faldor, you aren't arrogant like many of the fans are. I like and respect you.

Dammit Timothy!  You almost make me wanna root for the Jets!  Almost.  hihi
Wow, what a game. 
Time for me to jinx the next Jets opponent...I've got the Steelers winning next weekend!   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: