Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:56:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 140541 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #580 on: January 06, 2011, 12:21:28 AM »

Wait, am i dreaming? Are D and Faldor actually picking the Jets to beat the Colts? I didn't think anyone here would pick the Jets with the exception of myself.
Sorry for the confusion, didn't mean to quote D's post.  I have the same picks as Axl4Prez, not D.  So no, I am not picking the Jets to beat the Colts.  In fact, aside from Seattle, I like the Jets the least to win.  I just don't think the Jets will be able to slow down Manning enough to make a game of it.  I agree the Colts defense isn't all that great, but I think they're good enough to keep the Jets offense in check. 

The Jets have a chance if their defense can get some pressure on Manning and make some plays.  They just haven't shown any consistency doing that this year, so I have trouble believing it will all of a sudden happen this week.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #581 on: January 06, 2011, 12:50:44 AM »

Colts have way too many injuries. revis shuts down Wayne. Cromartie shuts down Garcon.

colts struggle against LT and Sanchize will be able to complete enough passes.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #582 on: January 06, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »

Ok guys i need some help:

i won 2nd place in my money league. ended up hitting 425 bucks!!!!

anyhow, i now need the experts here to give me some advice.

I have both Tom Brady and Mike Vick. the number 1 and 2 scoring QB's

now we can keep 3 offensive guys but i also have:
Desean Jackson
DarrenMcfadden
Rashard Mendenhaal

my plan is to keep Vick/Jax due to the double pt connection

BUT i don't want to drop Brady for nothing.

I have 2 offers for Brady, please tell me which u would do:

I can trade Brady for Larry Fitzgerald  this is a PPR league by the way

or I can trade Tom Brady and Darren McFadden for Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. remember PPR league

If i do first trade I keep Vick,Desean,Fitz
2nd trade I keep Vick,Roddy White, Brandon marshall

so question is, what would u rather have: Vick,D Jax,Fitz  or Vick  Roddy, B Marshall?

In those two scenarios, I'd rather have the second (Vick, Marshall and White). D-Jax is explosive, but he usually only catches about 3 or 4 passes a game, and you said it's a PPR league. Brady may be the safer option at QB, since you know Vick is going to miss a few games due to his playing style. But with only 10 teams in your league, like you said, you should be able to land a very good back-up QB. I think Vick put up more fantasy points this season on a per game basis than anyone in history. The Eagles will make a point to improve the o-line this offseason, so Vick should have more time to do his thing next year. Running QBs are fantasy gold. Just look at the fantasy points Tebow put up at the end of the year.

I wouldn't want Hillis. I think he's a one-year wonder. In the past, he's always been buried on the depth chart. And the Browns drafted Hardesty to be the guy, so, at the very least, they'll split carries next year. McFadden, on the other hand, I think has finally arrived. Plus Michael Bush is going to be a free agent, so McFadden should see even more carries next year. And he's a dangerous in the passing game as well.

If I were you, I'd probably keep Vick and McFadden, both of whom will probably be top-five picks in fantasy drafts next season, then maybe try to trade Brady for Roddy White.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #583 on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »

I was pulling hard for the Bears last weekend, 'cause the Packers probably scare me more than any other team in the NFC playoffs. The Eagles defense is very banged up. Hobbs, Nate Allen, Graham, Stewart Bradley . . . Several key guys are missing. I could see Aaron Rodgers just having a field day on Sunday. Plus the Packers have a very good defense, and they have the speed to contain Vick. It's a bad match-up for the Eagles, and I'm not very confident that they'll win. At this time of the year, though, you need a good running game, which the Packers haven't had all year, so hopefully that'll be their downfall. I'm still picking the Eagles to win, because that's what my heart says, but my head says otherwise. Nevertheless, it should be a very good game. The best game of the weekend, I think.

As for the other games, I fully expect the Saints to win and win big, although Seattle is a tough place to play. Seahawks might hang around for awhile, but eventually the Saints will blow them out.

I also think the Jets will beat the Colts. Most people are picking the Colts just because of Peyton Manning, but this Colts team wasn't very good this year. I think the Jets are an overall better team, and I think they'll find a way to win.

Chiefs-Ravens . . . I'm surprising myself that I'm doing this, but . . . I think I'll pick the Chiefs in an upset. Jamaal Charles has a big day.

Here Today . . .
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #584 on: January 06, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »

That's a pretty gutsy pick gillee picking the Chiefs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #585 on: January 06, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »

im a little shocked at u  guys not liking Hillis

He is PPR gold. caught 60 passes!

he showed greatness in Denver also, so i don't think he is one hit wonder. sure he'll be spelled a bit next year but he will still get goal line carries and plenty of Receptions.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #586 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »

I know Josh McDaniels made a mess of things in Denver, but I still think he can be an asset to a teams offense.  He did make Kyle Orton look like an All Pro for most of this season.  It just didn't translate into wins.

VikingUpdate VikingUpdate.com  by PatriotsInsider   
Curious to see how vets would interact w/ him. RT @VikingUpdate: #Vikings to meet with Josh McDaniels http://min.scout.com/2/1037306.html

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #587 on: January 06, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »

I know Josh McDaniels made a mess of things in Denver, but I still think he can be an asset to a teams offense.  He did make Kyle Orton look like an All Pro for most of this season.  It just didn't translate into wins.

VikingUpdate VikingUpdate.com  by PatriotsInsider   
Curious to see how vets would interact w/ him. RT @VikingUpdate: #Vikings to meet with Josh McDaniels http://min.scout.com/2/1037306.html

yeah...we're also interviewing Mike Singletary as well.  Sad  Hopefully Mike keeps his pants on during the interview, oh God help us if we bring Singletary in.  Sad

Hey, on a positive note.  Big kudos to Bud Adams down in Tennessee!  He chose a good coach over an overpaid dumbass quarterback, yeah you VY!  I'm surprised nobody mentioned that here.
Is VY a complete douche or what?  Talented yes.  Leader?  Fuck no.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #588 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:24 AM »

Yeah agree completely. Glad Owner did the right thing for once!

not happy Dallas kept Jason Garrett.  Fucker sandbagged Phillips

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #589 on: January 07, 2011, 04:39:06 PM »

I agree D. He should get fired for such childish behavior. There's no room in the NFL for that shit. They're suppsoed to be professionals.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #590 on: January 07, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »

The Jets brashness has continued from "Hard Knocks" on into the post-season.  I guess that HBO special showed their true colors as in recent weeks they were fined 100K for "thigh gate" and their handling of the situation due to special teams coach Mike Westhoff accusing the Patriots of lining up close to the sidelines to interfere with play.  Then good ole Rex Ryan opened up his mouth and was speaking nonsense again yesterday.  Unprompted, saying how Peyton Manning studies more than any QB in the NFL, and that Tom Brady may think he studies as much, but doesn't.  An unnecessary shot at Tom, and to make matters worse he knocked the Colts coaching staff as well, giving most of the credit to their success to Manning.  Their coaches just don't know when or how to shut up.  I hope the Jets beat the Colts so they can return to Foxboro.  I'd love another 45-3 beatdown.  I don't see it happening though.  I know the Colts aren't as good this year as they have been in years past.  But the Jets aren't nearly as good right now as they were playing last year in the playoffs.  So I could easily see another 30-17 Colts win, or somewhere in that vicinity. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/01/rex_ryan_opens.html

Rex Ryan opens mouth, inserts foot (pun intended)
Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff January 6, 2011 03:02 PM

The Jets' answer to Eddie Murphy, Rex Ryan, chose today to take a needless swipe at Tom Brady as he praised Peyton Manning.

Ryan's Jets face the Colts in Indianapolis on Saturday night in a wild-card matchup, and in his press conference today was asked about Manning's ability to serve as his own offensive coordinator on the field.

Ryan launched into a fawning description about Manning being one of the greatest to ever play the game (can't really argue with that part), but then brought Brady into the discussion.

"There's nobody like this guy in the league. Nobody studies like him and all that. I know Brady thinks he does and all that stuff, but I think there's a little more help from Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning. I mean, [former Colts offensive coordinator] Tom Moore has done a great job with him forever, [Jim] Caldwell and Tony Dungy and things like that, but it's Peyton Manning. That's who it is," he said.

Apparently Sexy Rexy has forgotten that when last he saw Tom Brady, Brady completed 21 of 29 passes for 326 yards and four touchdowns against his defense. Safe to say Brady had studied for that game...

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #591 on: January 07, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »

What a strange story this has been.  First the 49ers put the full court press on for Jim Harbaugh and it appeared he wasn't interested.  Then Miami did the same, completely neglecting their current coach in the process, and Harbaugh spurned them too.  While all that was going on, Stanford QB Andrew Luck made the surprise decision to return to school for his senior season.  I thought maybe that tied into Harbaugh returning as well, and it looked that way late yesterday and early today.  But, in the end, Harbaugh goes back to where he began and will coach San Fran next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5999744

Jim Harbaugh agreed to a five-year, $25 million contract to become the San Francisco 49ers' head coach Friday, the team announced Friday.

The 49ers announced a news conference scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET

Earlier Friday, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that Stanford was the favorite to retain Harbaugh's services.

On Thursday, Harbaugh met with top Stanford officials -- including university president John Hennessey -- so that the school could make its best offer to try to retain him. The university reportedly increased an offer it had made to Harbaugh in December.

The 49ers met with Harbaugh Wednesday, and a source said that on Thursday night, after news broke that Harbaugh would not go to the Miami Dolphins, San Francisco was willing to increase its offer.

Harbaugh decided to make the jump to the pros even though San Francisco has missed the playoffs for eight straight seasons and Orange Bowl MVP quarterback Andrew Luck decided to remain at Stanford for another season.

Harbaugh long admired the late Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh, one of his mentors, and how Walsh made the successful leap from Stanford to the 49ers.

Now, he must turn around a once-proud franchise that is desperate to become a contender again right away. The 49ers were picked to win the NFC West this season, then began 0-5 for their worst start since losing seven straight to begin a 2-14 season in 1979 -- Walsh's first year as coach.

The 49ers are set to play the Ravens next season, meaning Harbaugh will coach against Baltimore coach and big brother John Harbaugh.

Niners team president and CEO Jed York said when Mike Singletary was fired that money would be no object in finding the team's next coach. He promoted vice president of player personnel Trent Baalke to general manager earlier this week, then they worked together to make their push for Harbaugh, who also was in talks with the Miami Dolphins and Stanford.

The 47-year-old Harbaugh went 58-27 overall as a college coach and 29-21 in four seasons at Stanford. He took over a 1-11 team when he was hired in December 2006 and quickly turned the program back into a winner and bowl contender.

The Cardinal went 4-8 in his first season, 5-7 the next, then improved to 8-5 and earned a Sun Bowl berth in 2009 -- the school's first bowl appearance since 2001.

When Stanford arrived back on campus Tuesday, one man hollered "Stay in the Bay Area!" when Harbaugh hopped off the bus carrying his 2-year-old daughter, Addison. He also has a newborn baby girl.

Harbaugh was the Oakland Raiders' quarterbacks coach from 2002-03 before spending three seasons as head coach at the University of San Diego.

Harbaugh, a college star at Michigan where there also is a coaching vacancy after the firing of Rich Rodriguez, played 15 seasons in the NFL for the Bears, Colts, Ravens, Chargers and Panthers. A first-round draft pick taken 26th overall by Chicago in 1987, Harbaugh completed 2,305 of 3,918 passes for 26,288 career yards and 129 touchdowns in the NFL. He also ran for 18 TDs.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #592 on: January 08, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »

The Jets brashness has continued from "Hard Knocks" on into the post-season.  I guess that HBO special showed their true colors as in recent weeks they were fined 100K for "thigh gate" and their handling of the situation due to special teams coach Mike Westhoff accusing the Patriots of lining up close to the sidelines to interfere with play.  Then good ole Rex Ryan opened up his mouth and was speaking nonsense again yesterday.  Unprompted, saying how Peyton Manning studies more than any QB in the NFL, and that Tom Brady may think he studies as much, but doesn't.  An unnecessary shot at Tom, and to make matters worse he knocked the Colts coaching staff as well, giving most of the credit to their success to Manning.  Their coaches just don't know when or how to shut up.  I hope the Jets beat the Colts so they can return to Foxboro.  I'd love another 45-3 beatdown.  I don't see it happening though.  I know the Colts aren't as good this year as they have been in years past.  But the Jets aren't nearly as good right now as they were playing last year in the playoffs.  So I could easily see another 30-17 Colts win, or somewhere in that vicinity. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/01/rex_ryan_opens.html

Rex Ryan opens mouth, inserts foot (pun intended)
Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff January 6, 2011 03:02 PM

The Jets' answer to Eddie Murphy, Rex Ryan, chose today to take a needless swipe at Tom Brady as he praised Peyton Manning.

Ryan's Jets face the Colts in Indianapolis on Saturday night in a wild-card matchup, and in his press conference today was asked about Manning's ability to serve as his own offensive coordinator on the field.

Ryan launched into a fawning description about Manning being one of the greatest to ever play the game (can't really argue with that part), but then brought Brady into the discussion.

"There's nobody like this guy in the league. Nobody studies like him and all that. I know Brady thinks he does and all that stuff, but I think there's a little more help from Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning. I mean, [former Colts offensive coordinator] Tom Moore has done a great job with him forever, [Jim] Caldwell and Tony Dungy and things like that, but it's Peyton Manning. That's who it is," he said.

Apparently Sexy Rexy has forgotten that when last he saw Tom Brady, Brady completed 21 of 29 passes for 326 yards and four touchdowns against his defense. Safe to say Brady had studied for that game...

Well i can't completely disagree with Ryan about Manning. He is in total control of that offense. He calls the plays not anyone on the coaching staff. I think Ryan and the Jets feel the same way as you do though, they want another shot at you as much as you want another shot at them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:38:20 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #593 on: January 08, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »

Goodbye saints. Thank god we won't have to endure that stupid who dat saying.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #594 on: January 08, 2011, 11:04:12 PM »

And the J-E-T-S get another crack at the Patriots.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #595 on: January 09, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »

I LOVE IT!  Bring it on!  What do you think?  Maybe the Jets will crack double digits this time?  rofl

In all fairness.  Obviously I didn't give the Jets enough credit against the Colts.  I can't see how they give the Pats a true test, but anything is possible.  I just know I'd much rather play the Jets than the Ravens, or the Chiefs for that matter.  Maybe that will come back to bite me in the ass.  Anything is possible.  If the Jets were to win somehow, that'd rank up there with the Super Bowl loss to the Giants, sort of.  Not quite, but somewhere on the second tier.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #596 on: January 09, 2011, 03:47:49 AM »

Manning great QB, Shitty Offensive Coordinator.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #597 on: January 09, 2011, 03:48:50 AM »

Colts have way too many injuries. revis shuts down Wayne. Cromartie shuts down Garcon.

colts struggle against LT and Sanchize will be able to complete enough passes.

FUCK i should start a psychic network

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #598 on: January 09, 2011, 04:02:11 AM »

I LOVE IT!  Bring it on!  What do you think?  Maybe the Jets will crack double digits this time?  rofl

In all fairness.  Obviously I didn't give the Jets enough credit against the Colts.  I can't see how they give the Pats a true test, but anything is possible.  I just know I'd much rather play the Jets than the Ravens, or the Chiefs for that matter.  Maybe that will come back to bite me in the ass.  Anything is possible.  If the Jets were to win somehow, that'd rank up there with the Super Bowl loss to the Giants, sort of.  Not quite, but somewhere on the second tier.

Well i am not gonna sit here and say the Jets will beat you. However, i do expect they will be better this time. Not making exucses but losing Leonhard just 3 days before that big game had to of hurt. It gave his backups very little time to prepare to start. So this time i expect them to be better prepared. Also, there was extra time off between their last game and that Monday game. For whatever reason this year the Jets seem to play worse whenever they have more then the normal time between a game. That won't be the case this time. So at the very least i expect the Jets to play better.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #599 on: January 09, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »

A bit shocked at yesterdays results, never thought the Saints would go down in Seattle. 

Thought the Jets had a shot with all of Indy's injuries but still felt the Colts would win in a tight fit.

Still thinking Pats in a cakewalk in the AFC and clueless who's coming out of the NFC...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: