Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 140807 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #540 on: December 22, 2010, 11:42:49 PM »

Yeah, i have to agree with you there. Not a bad looking woman.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #541 on: December 26, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »

Tough loss for the Jets. They had their chances at the end. The Bears barely hung on. The Jet offense looked really good for the second week in a row. So that's encouraging going into the playoffs. The defense struggled especially in the second half. The third quarter especially. So that's a bit of a concern. But they should finish the year 11-5 nont for a team with a second year QB. Sanchez seems to be getting better and better. So even if we don't go far in the playoffs this year the Jets have to be encouraged that Sanchez is about ready to take a big step forward going into 2011. They have issues to address on the defensive side but they seem to be well setup on offense.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #542 on: December 26, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »

Tough loss for the Jets. They had their chances at the end. The Bears barely hung on. The Jet offense looked really good for the second week in a row. So that's encouraging going into the playoffs. The defense struggled especially in the second half. The third quarter especially. So that's a bit of a concern. But they should finish the year 11-5 nont for a team with a second year QB. Sanchez seems to be getting better and better. So even if we don't go far in the playoffs this year the Jets have to be encouraged that Sanchez is about ready to take a big step forward going into 2011. They have issues to address on the defensive side but they seem to be well setup on offense.

The Jets best be ready...it looks like they'll be going into Kansas City...that place will be raucous!  DJ Ashba has graced the hallowed grounds...Jets beware.  Wink

In the other matchup, if Pitt takes care of its last game, Baltimore will have to go to Indy.  That's no gimme!

If those are the games, I think we'll see Ravens-Pats, and Chiefs-Steelers.

Out in the NFC, I'm seeing Brett Favre's penis and...what???  DAMMIT!  I can't get it out of my head!!!!  No more Sterger slideshows for me.   Cry

Now I just need my Vikes to lie down for the last 2 games...rest Adrian...finish 5-11 with a top-10 draft pick, and I'll be a happy man.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #543 on: December 26, 2010, 10:39:52 PM »

I do think the Jets are on the right track and will be a competitive team for years to come.  BUT, they clearly had Super Bowl aspirations for this season.  They figured they'd assume control and become the team to beat in the AFC East, if not all the NFL.  So I'm not sure THEY would consider 11-5 and getting knocked out in the wild card round "not too bad".  Because in essence, that's far below their expectations.  Their offense has been better than expected this season, though still spotty and inconsistent.  Their defense though has been a shell of its former self.  Last year they were among the best in the NFL, if not THE best.  But this season, they haven't much of a pass rush at all and since Leonhard went down their safety play hasn't been good either.

The Patriots clinched the #1 seed with an impressive win at Buffalo today.  They turned the Bills over 7 times in the game.  Compare that to the fact that the Patriots have 9 turnovers ALL SEASON LONG.  If that's not a barometer of the difference between the elite teams and the non elite I don't know what is.

The AFC playoff TEAMS are all set, just some of the seeds still need to be determined.  The two teams that I think pose the trickiest matchups for the Patriots are the Colts and Ravens and they may have to play one of those 2 teams in the divisional round.  The Chiefs would certainly be an interesting matchup with all the Patriot connections in KC.  Not sure how that would effect things ON the field.  I'm also not sure I'd like to find out either.  The Pats don't fare too well against Mangini and his familiarity with New England.

As for the NFC, it comes down to the Giants, Packers, and Bucs fighting for one playoff spot pretty much.  I'm assuming the Eagles will beat the Vikings and/or Cowboys.  I also think the Saints will beat the Bucs next week which would essentially be an elimination game for both teams, if the Saints don't punch their ticket by beating the Falcons first.  So I think the Bucs will fall short, and I do think the Giants will bounce back with a win next week against the Redskins but I don't think it'll be enough, as I think the Packers will beat the Bears at home to put themselves in the playoffs.  Of course, now that I've said it, none of that will go as I suggested I'm sure.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:43:03 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #544 on: December 27, 2010, 01:18:01 AM »

They are definitely on the right track. You're right though they expected to be better this year. I think not having Revis for the pre season may have hurt. The loss of Leonhard just before the Pats game definitely hurt and they lost another safety in that loss to the Pats. However, the safety that replaced them Poole? He played quite well today. He had that great pick for a touchdown of Cutler. I would've liked them to do better this year but realistically with a 2nd year QB they've done damn well. Sanchez is definitely showing signs that he can be a very good QB in this league. When he plays well like today that offense can put up some serious numbers. They find a way to get that defense the way it was last year in 2011 that could be a very dangerous team if Sanchez takes a huge step in the offseason. I'm not ready to count them out this season just yet though. Going to KC will be tough but this is a team who won two road games last year in the playoffs with a rookie QB in Cincy and SD. They beat the second seeded Steelers and nearly the likely second seeded Bears. So they have proved recently they can beat and hang with good teams. We'll see what the playoffs bring.

The Pats clearly look like the team to beat in the AFC and since they'll be at home for every game i'm not sure if there's a team that can beat them. I'm sure Rex would LOVE another crack at them but i think both would have to make it to the AFC championship game for that?

In the NFC the Falcons i think are the most complete team and have to be the favorite to represent the NFC in the superbowl. I would not count out the Saints or Eagles though. The Giants aren't gonna make it in i don't think and i think Coughlin could very well be on his way out. I am betting not many people though the best new york football team would be the Jets this season.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #545 on: December 27, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »

Actually not that much was expected of the Giants this season, since their defense was god awful last season.  The Jets were getting ALL the buzz due to their strong finish last year and "Hard Knocks".  And the Giants got off to a bad start, but suddenly turned things around and for a few weeks looked like the best team in the NFC and among the best in the NFL.  Injuries and erratic play have knocked them back down quite a few pegs recently and right now they don't look like a team that will be much of a factor in the playoffs, if they even get there.

The Jets will be the 6 seed regardless, that's locked up.  So IF they go into KC and win, they'd play at Gillette against the Patriots in the divisional round.  You could argue that the Chiefs really haven't beaten anyone this season, as they've played a pretty soft schedule.  But that's often a dangerous assumption to make.  The bottom line is they've beaten the teams that were on the schedule and they are 7-0 at home.  Their offense is looking quite good of late as well.  I think they'll be able to put up points on the Jets.  The only thing the Jets have going for them in that game is the one year of experience last season, and that could be worth a lot.  Matt Cassel and the most of the Chiefs players have never played in a playoff game, so it's not known how they'll react.

Hopefully the Rams beat the Seahawks next week so we don't have a 7-9 team HOSTING a playoff game, possibly against a 11-5 or 12-4 Saints team.  That just wouldn't look right.  Plus I do think the Rams are a better team and deserve a shot in the playoffs.  I can't say the same for Seattle.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #546 on: December 27, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »

Oh so the Jets would get another shot at you guys in the second round if they get past the Chiefs. I really hope that happens. As crazy as you'll probably think i am i want another shot at your team to redeem ourselves. We can definitely play better then we did in that week 13 game. I know it and i know you know we can definitely play better. And i bet Rex and the Jets would love another chance to prove they can beat you. I'm not gonna sit here and say i know we will beat you but i know we are capable of it.

Good god. If that scenario happens and a team with a LOSING record hosts a game against the defending champs that would be fucking disgrace to the league. How embarrassing. Personally i don't think a team from the NFC West should even be in the playoffs. Seriously fuck having to have a division winner. If you can't even get to 8-8 you shouldn't even be in the playoffs. There has to be another team in that conference with a winning record deserving of a playoff berth.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #547 on: December 27, 2010, 11:14:18 PM »

Anyone have any thoughts on the governer of PA's comments about the Eagles/Giants game being moved to Tuesday?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #548 on: December 28, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »

Anyone have any thoughts on the governer of PA's comments about the Eagles/Giants game being moved to Tuesday?

i agree with him. Fast Eddie rules! He speaks his mind. I also agree with Chris Collinsworth that the NFL has set a very dangerous precendent.

the eagles will now only have 4 days rest to prepare for what could be a very important gamevs the cowboys on sunday. they did move the game to 4:15, although they are calling for rain so we'll see.  rofl

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #549 on: December 28, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »

I agree too.  NFL games shouldn't be canceled unless absolutely necessary.  Fans can and will make it to the game if they want to, and they'll do so with caution.  I've gone to Patriots games in some pretty awful weather and the traffic was even worse, but it all worked out.

And just to correct myself from before.  The Jets CAN get the 5 seed if they win this week, the Ravens win, and the Steelers lose. In that scenario the Ravens would shoot up to the 2 seed and the Steelers would fall to the 6 seed.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #550 on: December 28, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »

That's some pretty big if's though. Not so much the Jets beating the Bills but the other two seem unlikely. Also, if that scenario plays out we would go to Indy. That might not be such a bad thing. Indy is one very banged up team and not playing their best by any means.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »

That's some pretty big if's though. Not so much the Jets beating the Bills but the other two seem unlikely. Also, if that scenario plays out we would go to Indy. That might not be such a bad thing. Indy is one very banged up team and not playing their best by any means.

Timothy, I admire your support of your team, the Jets...but you're one big hit away from Mark Brunell going in there, right?  Sanchez is far from solid to begin with, and if he goes down, the Jets are done. 
Even if Sanchez doesn't go down, I have a hard time believing they'll go in to KC and win.  I give KC a slight edge in that one. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »

True, he does have a sore shoulder. It didn't seem to affect him against Chicago. He threw the ball well. If he does go down i definitely see no chance at beating KC. You may be right but no one expected us at 9-7 to go into Cincy or San Diego and beat those teams to get to the AFC Championship.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »

True, he does have a sore shoulder. It didn't seem to affect him against Chicago. He threw the ball well. If he does go down i definitely see no chance at beating KC. You may be right but no one expected us at 9-7 to go into Cincy or San Diego and beat those teams to get to the AFC Championship.

Cincy I did...but not San Diego.
The difference this season in my opinion is the defense just isn't the '09 defense.  That '09 defense was killer.  The sizable drop-off in your D isn't balanced by the small improvement in the O.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

Cincy I did...but not San Diego.
The difference this season in my opinion is the defense just isn't the '09 defense.  That '09 defense was killer.  The sizable drop-off in your D isn't balanced by the small improvement in the O.

Yeah, the D has not been as good. We lost some people to injuries. One guy i can't recall his name tore his Achilles in the pre season. I still think Revis missing preseason hurt his performance this year. Then there's the Leonhard injury and we lost one other safety too a couple weeks ago. So that has hurt us. We'll see what happens the rest of the season. Even if we do lose to the Chiefs or Indy, i am still excited about the future for this team. Sanchez has shown huge improvement from his rookie year and has shown at times this year how good he can really be with that offense. A bad QB would not put up 22 and 34 points up against the Steelers and Bears respectively. So i still think overall this team is on the right track. If Sanchez continues to improve at the rate he has and they can get back to that 09 defense. Watch out.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #555 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »

Yo Timothy...I just had a great idea.  Future (as in near future) NFL Playoff Headlines...here's my first one...

Kansas City Star:
(picture of Rex Ryan's tortured face with the scoreboard in the background illustrating a frustrating loss in Kansas City)
headline reads...The Agony of De-Feet

Smiley

btw, I'm going on record this Sunday morning declaring the Bills led by Brian Brohm, will beat the Jets in the Meadowlands today.  The Jets loss will let them avoid Peyton Manning in the Wildcard Round...that said, I firmly believe the Jets D has slipped so far from last year's D, they fall to KC in KC...despite the fact KC hasn't beaten a good team all year long.
KC's surprise win will give Pitt an easy first playoff game at home against KC...but New England will have its hands full with the Ravens at Gillette. 

Also, the Eagles will lose 1st Round.  Automatic.  Take that to the bank.  Packers-Falcons, Saints-Bears.  Then Falcons-Saints. 

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:06:21 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »

Yo Timothy...I just had a great idea.  Future (as in near future) NFL Playoff Headlines...here's my first one...

Kansas City Star:
(picture of Rex Ryan's tortured face with the scoreboard in the background illustrating a frustrating loss in Kansas City)

Smiley

btw, I'm going on record this Sunday morning declaring the Bills led by Brian Brohm, will beat the Jets in the Meadowlands today.  The Jets loss will let them avoid Peyton Manning in the Wildcard Round...that said, I firmly believe the Jets D has slipped so far from last year's D, they fall to KC in KC...despite the fact KC hasn't beaten a good team all year long.
KC's surprise win will give Pitt an easy first playoff game at home against KC...but New England will have its hands full with the Ravens at Gillette. 

Also, the Eagles will lose 1st Round.  Automatic.  Take that to the bank.  Packers-Falcons, Saints-Bears.  Then Falcons-Saints. 

Jets pound the Bills 38-7. You were saying dude? Smiley
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »

Kansas City Star:

Smiley

btw, I still think the Jets lose 1st round...now it's the Colts.
Colts-Steelers
Ravens-Pats
Saints-Bears
Packers-Falcons

Hey man  Haven't you heard?  I'm the freakin WORST! when it comes to picking games!  Smiley
Trust me, talk to Faldor...if I'm picking against your team, it's a good luck charm!  A regular rabbit's foot...or as Rex Ryan calls it, a Playmate Bunnies' foot.  Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2011, 10:48:09 PM »

Kansas City Star:

Smiley

btw, I still think the Jets lose 1st round...now it's the Colts.
Colts-Steelers
Ravens-Pats
Saints-Bears
Packers-Falcons

Hey man  Haven't you heard?  I'm the freakin WORST! when it comes to picking games!  Smiley
Trust me, talk to Faldor...if I'm picking against your team, it's a good luck charm!  A regular rabbit's foot...or as Rex Ryan calls it, a Playmate Bunnies' foot.  Wink
In that case please, i beg you, pick the colts next week.  Smiley
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #559 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »

I think Manning will carve the Jets defense apart next week, though I hope I'm wrong.  I'd much rather play the Jets in the divisional round than the Ravens.  Though, the Chiefs could certainly beat Baltimore.  I know they're getting knocked for playing a soft schedule, but Arrowhead is a tough place to win and Cassel and the KC running game have been pretty darn good this year.  The Ravens D hasn't been as strong as in the past, but they do have the experience factor so I'd lean towards them.  So I'd have Colts at Pitt and Baltimore at NE. 

In the NFC I'll go along with everyone else and predict the Saints beat the Seahawks.  I also like the Packers over the Eagles.  Philly just hasn't looked all that great of late and the Packers have been rounding into form.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: