Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 141194 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #520 on: December 19, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »

I wouldn't want to be in the Giants locker room now..

"Best finish ever."

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #521 on: December 19, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »

Wow what complete shit officiating in the Jets-Steelers game. We've had 3 flags thrown then picked up. The Steelers get a first down with 9 yards. Then another after 9 1/2. How do these guys keep their jobs?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #522 on: December 19, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »

And the Jets win a tough close game for the first win in Pittsburgh. The offemse finally came alive, Sanchez looked good and the defense came up big when it had to. They now have a legit shot at the second seed and a bye.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #523 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:34 PM »

Pats should have lost that game they got fucking lucky.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #524 on: December 20, 2010, 12:16:01 AM »

Wow, that Eagles comeback was amazing. It looked pretty bleak there for awhile, then Vick started using his legs, making plays, defense finally started making stops. The suprise onside kick is what really turned things around. This is the kind of game that makes me think this could be a SUPER year.

As much as I'm glad DeSean Jackson is on my favorite team, I really don't care much for the guy. He's way too cocky and arrogant, and I worry he's going to turn into TO in a few years. Celebrate AFTER you cross the goal line!!!!! Even today, at the end of the game-winning punt return, Jackson started running horizontal, showboating. There was a Giant player behind him who could've creamed him and caused him to fumble, but I guess he assumed Jackson was going to go right into the end zone like a normal person. Jackson has dropped balls at the one-yard line before due to premature celebrations. Seems like the dude would learn his lesson. I'm worried his antics are going to end up costing the Eagles a huge game later on at some point.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #525 on: December 20, 2010, 07:25:09 AM »

New Miracle at the New Meadowlands. greatest comeback in eagles history. eagles have the 2 most exciting, most explosive players in the NFL right now. and it is damn fun. tough to argue against Brady as MVP, but both of these guys deserve serious consideration.

this was just more Philly-NY highway robbery. tough to say what was the bigger steal....Cliff Lee or the Giants game.  hihi 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #526 on: December 21, 2010, 12:49:41 AM »

You know the old saying.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  The Patriots played their worst game in some time last night, but they prevailed.  Dom Capers and the GB defense were able to keep Brady in check for the most part and while the Patriot defense is improving they still can't be counted on to win games.  The offense still needs to lead the way and take the pressure off the young D.  But once again, they made just enough plays to win the game.  They're pretty much assured the #1 seed now, all they have to do is win one of the next 2 games @Buf or home against Mia.  That would put the Jets in the wild card slot as either the 5 or 6 seed.  That was a pretty impressive bounce back win for the Jets.  I wasn't expecting that.  They have a tough game next week @Chi, but they're in pretty good shape even if they lose.

That was a crazy finish in the Eagles/Giants game.  We were listening to that on the radio on the way to Gillette.  Unbelievable.  Inexcusable to give up a 21 point lead at home in the fourth quarter.  You just can't let that happen.  And you have to be aware or prepared for an onsides kick when you're in that situation.  The Patriots did the same thing earlier in the year against the Chargers.  They weren't expecting it, and it almost cost them the game.  Luckily for the Giants, they still are in decent shape for a playoff bid, but they can pretty much kiss the division goodbye.  And Philly still is entrenched as the 3 seed, as Chicago controls its own fate as the 2 seed.  So Philly and the Giants could possibly meet again Wild Card weekend.  And you know what they say about beating a good team 3 times in one season.  It ain't easy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #527 on: December 21, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »

I fully expect Philly to wind up with the number two seed. Their last two games are at home, against Minnesota and Dallas. Chicago, on the other hand, has to play the Jets and then travel to Green Bay. I expect the Bears to lose one, if not both of those games.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #528 on: December 21, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »

You know the old saying.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  The Patriots played their worst game in some time last night, but they prevailed.  Dom Capers and the GB defense were able to keep Brady in check for the most part and while the Patriot defense is improving they still can't be counted on to win games.  The offense still needs to lead the way and take the pressure off the young D.  But once again, they made just enough plays to win the game.  They're pretty much assured the #1 seed now, all they have to do is win one of the next 2 games @Buf or home against Mia.  That would put the Jets in the wild card slot as either the 5 or 6 seed.  That was a pretty impressive bounce back win for the Jets.  I wasn't expecting that.  They have a tough game next week @Chi, but they're in pretty good shape even if they lose.

That was a crazy finish in the Eagles/Giants game.  We were listening to that on the radio on the way to Gillette.  Unbelievable.  Inexcusable to give up a 21 point lead at home in the fourth quarter.  You just can't let that happen.  And you have to be aware or prepared for an onsides kick when you're in that situation.  The Patriots did the same thing earlier in the year against the Chargers.  They weren't expecting it, and it almost cost them the game.  Luckily for the Giants, they still are in decent shape for a playoff bid, but they can pretty much kiss the division goodbye.  And Philly still is entrenched as the 3 seed, as Chicago controls its own fate as the 2 seed.  So Philly and the Giants could possibly meet again Wild Card weekend.  And you know what they say about beating a good team 3 times in one season.  It ain't easy.

good point about the eagles facing the giants again. it almost seems likely. i'm really hoping the eagles get that #2 seed, but that will be tough. it's funny, the eagles actually beat the giants 3 times in 2008. so what are the odds of beating the same team 3 times in 2 out of 3 seasons???

IF the eagles make it to the SB and face the pats, that could be the highest SB ever. i'm not a fan of the pats D. it's by far the weakest of their dynasty years. but they would tear the eagles D apart.

the eagles D is average to begin with, and they have recently lost Bradley (MLB and leader of the D), Nate Allen, (starting safety), and Graham (top pick who was playing week and getting lots of playing time). not to mention Hobbs. just way to much to overcome. we have a 6th round rookie starting at MLB making the calls.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #529 on: December 21, 2010, 03:50:46 PM »

I would say moving forward your young D has to be a concern for you, but, the main thing is getting to Brady. If they play the next two games like that and a playoff game against a team with a better QB they probably lose. The Jets now clearly control their own destiny. I was not expecting them to go to Pittsburgh and play so well and win for the first time ever. They seem to maybe have gotten some of their swagger back at the right time. I think they have a legit shot at winning their last two. I can't decide if i'd rather they get the 5th seed and get a home game or be the 6th. For some odd reason they seem to be a better team on the road.

As for the Eagles/Giants completely agree you cannot let that happen. You cannot give up 21 points to lose the game in less than 8 minutes to go. Completely inexcuseable. There's rumors flying that Coughlin's job could be in jeopardy especially since rumor has it that the Giants are one of Cowher's teams he's interested in coaching.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #530 on: December 21, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »

The Patriots defense doesn't concern me nearly as much as it does most people.  They've actually played much better than I expected this year and they are better that the stats reflect.

In 2007 their defense was ranked high because their offense was getting such big leads and blowing teams out.  Realistically though their defense was just slightly above average.  This year the defense has given up tons of yardage.  They're not going to remind anyone of the 85 Bears or Steelers of the 70's.  But they've made big plays when they've needed to.  I'm not sure how "lucky" you can consider that if it continues to happen.  In other words, stats can lie.  And they do need the offense to control the game to take the pressure off the defense.  It's worked for them 12 out of 14 weeks so far and they've beaten playoff teams such as the Jets, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, and Bears this year.  Not sure that can be discounted.

Pats/Eagles would probably be the premier SB matchup, but there are a lot of intriguing possibilities.

And the Jets can't get a home playoff game unless they somehow win the AFC East.  So they'll most likely be at Indy/Jax, or KC/SD wildcard weekend.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #531 on: December 21, 2010, 07:35:58 PM »

I'm not so sure the Eagles will come out of the NFC. That Falcons team looks scary good and you can't count out the defending champ Saints. They seem to be coming together at the right time. This may sound crazy but i want another shot at the Colts for beating us in the AFC championship game.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #532 on: December 22, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »

My god ESPN is really fucking reaching for a story on the Jets. Now they're hasseling Ryan about a possible foot fetish video he and his wife taped? How is this news or even the business of anyone other then Rex an his wife Michelle??
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #533 on: December 22, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »

My god ESPN is really fucking reaching for a story on the Jets. Now they're hasseling Ryan about a possible foot fetish video he and his wife taped? How is this news or even the business of anyone other then Rex an his wife Michelle??

Hard to say something is nobody's business when you post online videos for everyone to see.  It's actually pretty funny and I'm sure his players are getting a huge laugh out of it.  Nothing wrong with this at all, though, I'd be disappointed in Rex if he accepted anything less than the prettiest of feet.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #534 on: December 22, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »

Hard to say something is nobody's business when you post online videos for everyone to see.  It's actually pretty funny and I'm sure his players are getting a huge laugh out of it.  Nothing wrong with this at all, though, I'd be disappointed in Rex if he accepted anything less than the prettiest of feet.

I can understand a lot of things...but I swear to God, I'll never understand an "attraction" to feet.  Could these people pick an uglier part of the body?  Seriously?  Feet??
Steele makes a good point.  Right now, it looks like there's no doubt about this one, she's puttin' it out there. 
Personally, I could care less.  Weird, yeah.  Punishable?  Hardly.

If they were going to unearth a secret fetish of Rex Ryan's wife, I'd have figured she'd be clad in a gold bikini chained to an altar a-la Princess Leia with Jabba the Hutt.   hihi

I'm one to talk.  My team's quarterback texted pics of his tiny wee-wee to a chick that looks like a younger version of his wife... no

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #535 on: December 22, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »

But still it should hardly be newsworthy of ESPN's frontpage. So he has a foot fetish? Who really gives a shit. Ya know?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #536 on: December 22, 2010, 06:05:37 PM »

I can understand a lot of things...but I swear to God, I'll never understand an "attraction" to feet.  Could these people pick an uglier part of the body?  Seriously?  Feet??
Steele makes a good point.  Right now, it looks like there's no doubt about this one, she's puttin' it out there. 

If they were going to unearth a secret fetish of Rex Ryan's wife, I'd have figured she'd be clad in a gold bikini chained to an altar a-la Princess Leia with Jabba the Hutt.   hihi

I'm one to talk.  My team's quarterback texted pics of his tiny wee-wee to a chick that looks like a younger version of his wife... no

LOL how do you know its tiny?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »

Funny you ask that!  I was looking at a slideshow of that hot piece Jenn Sterger, and the damn website pops Favre's alleged weeny-pic as the last pic of the slideshow!  No warning at all!  I'm seein' hottie, hottie, hottie...then a wiener!?  What the hell!   confused
and that was how I had the misfortune of seein the ol gunslinger's junk.  Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »

Funny you ask that!  I was looking at a slideshow of that hot piece Jenn Sterger, and the damn website pops Favre's alleged weeny-pic as the last pic of the slideshow!  No warning at all!  I'm seein' hottie, hottie, hottie...then a wiener!?  What the hell!   confused

Oh man! What an unexpected shock.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2010, 10:20:59 PM »

Oh man! What an unexpected shock.

The internet's a scary place.   nervous
btw, I saw the pics of Rex's wife out there posted on-line.  Dude, in my opinion it's very freaky (I still don't get it, feet?) 
Attractive lady for her age, I'll give her that!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: