Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 141225 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #500 on: December 08, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

Yo Timothy, I think it's a VERY safe bet that the Patriots will win the AFC East.

It's also a fairly safe bet the Jets will finish no better than 11-5.  I never really analyzed their schedule before, but after doing so, I see 1 win big win, and that was in Week 2. (a long time ago)
They've lost to 3 solid teams now, Ravens, Packers, Pats.

The Pats will finish no worse than 12-4, but if you ask me, 13-3 is most likely.  They have beaten the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets.

The Steelers should be able to run the table and finish 13-3...but, the Patriots should be able to clinch home field throughout the playoffs.

I fully expect the sub-par Colts to come back and win the AFC South.  2 games remain against a fully imploded Titans squad.

AFC:
1-Patriots
2- Steelers
3- Chiefs
4- Colts
5- Jets
6- Ravens

Faldor, will you be at the Patriots playoff games?  Holy shit!  There is a very good chance you'll be getting a rematch with the Ravens.  THAT would be fucking cool!  I still remember that game.  This time it will be more competitive.
I wish you wouldn't have picked the Pats to finish as the number 1 seed Axl4Prez.  Your history at picking the Pats hasn't been very good to me.   hihi  I agree with your picks, except for the Colts.  They are just not playing well right now and I think the Jags can hold them off by the grace of MJD.  It's hard to imagine the Colts not making the playoffs, especially when the AFC South is so average, but I think I've reserved myself to coming to grips with it.  Manning has just been awful lately.  Their defense is awful, especially against the run.  They should beat the Titans, as they've appeared to pack it in.  However, IF Chris Johnson and the O-line focus, he could go off for 200 yards or so against them.  I thought the Chargers were primed for another late season run before running into the Raiders, and I suppose they could still get it done, but the Chiefs continue to win.  It'll be a shame that both wild card teams will most likely be "better" teams than the 3 and 4 seeds and they'll have to go on the road.

However, as you alluded to, the Ravens had no problem going into Foxboro last year and rolling the Pats.  Jets did the same to the Bengals, so IF those 2 teams end up as the wild cards, they'll have the experience and confidence needed to win on the road.  And yes I will be at any Patriot home playoff games they may have.  The Ravens were my early season pick for best team in the NFL, and they're still in the mix.  They outplayed the Pats earlier this season for 3 quarters.  However, the Pats dominated the 4th quarter and were able to prevail.  That would be quite the re-match.  Last years playoff game was beyond embarrassing.  They got some redemption earlier this year, but another shot in the playoffs would be nice.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #501 on: December 08, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »

It seems the Jets lost another safety in that loss to the Pats with a leg injury and are now down to two safetys. Not good.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #502 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:33 AM »

Patriots can afford to lose one more game this season, preferably to either the Packers or Bears (NFC).  If they lose one of those and take care of the Bills and Fins they'll get the #1 seed.  I'm not sure what to expect this week.  It could be a bit of an emotional letdown coming off a BIG win on a short week, going to Chicago to play in less than ideal conditions.  And like I said, they know as a team that they're not in must win mode at this point.  The game is much more important to the Bears and often in the NFL, the more desperate team wins.

So I could certainly see them losing this week.  However, I do think they're better than the Bears and Urlacher has already come out and said that the Bears are the best team in the NFL.  The Patriots like to play the "no respect" card.  So hopefully they come out focused and continue to trend upward.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #503 on: December 09, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »

Patriots can afford to lose one more game this season, preferably to either the Packers or Bears (NFC).  If they lose one of those and take care of the Bills and Fins they'll get the #1 seed.  I'm not sure what to expect this week.  It could be a bit of an emotional letdown coming off a BIG win on a short week, going to Chicago to play in less than ideal conditions.  And like I said, they know as a team that they're not in must win mode at this point.  The game is much more important to the Bears and often in the NFL, the more desperate team wins.

So I could certainly see them losing this week.  However, I do think they're better than the Bears and Urlacher has already come out and said that the Bears are the best team in the NFL.  The Patriots like to play the "no respect" card.  So hopefully they come out focused and continue to trend upward.

You're right those are the teams they can lose to and still win the division and top seed. Since they and the Jets have the same division record losing even one of the last two divisional games could and probably would be costly. Cause then if they end up tied the Jets win the tiebreaker. I can see them losing to the Bears since they aren't a great road team. The packers could be tough but its in Foxboro so i'd expect the Pats to win. For the Jets the game at Heinz field is the one that worries me most. I can see us beating the Bears, Dolphins and Bills. However this plays out though it should be exciting.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #504 on: December 10, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »

Pats' Spikes suspended for the last 4 games for PED's. How big of a loss is that Faldor?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #505 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »

Pats' Spikes suspended for the last 4 games for PED's. How big of a loss is that Faldor?
Here's Spikes' explanation on the subject, just for the hell of it.  Of course, this is what they all say.

“I’ve been contacted by the NFL and informed that I will be suspended four games for the detection of an illegal substance in a drug test,’’ Spikes said in a statement, which was released through the team. “The substance was a medication that I should have gotten clarification on before taking. It was not a performance enhancer or an illegal drug. The integrity of the game is very important to me. I understand the league’s ruling and apologize to my teammates, the fans and the Patriots organization for this mistake.’’

It's a loss as far as depth goes.  I don't think it's a loss that's going to be insurmountable by any means.  Spikes has played well in his rookie season and has been playing even better of late.  He's good against the run, but suspect against the pass, despite that great INT he had against the Jets.  Gary Guyton will probably take his place, and other people will have to move up the depth chart.  Guyton is the opposite of Spikes, he's a speed LB who's good against the pass, but not against the run.  So obviously this is a bit of a blow, but it shouldn't prove to be earth shattering.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2010, 03:23:42 AM »

Here's Spikes' explanation on the subject, just for the hell of it.  Of course, this is what they all say.

?I?ve been contacted by the NFL and informed that I will be suspended four games for the detection of an illegal substance in a drug test,?? Spikes said in a statement, which was released through the team. ?The substance was a medication that I should have gotten clarification on before taking. It was not a performance enhancer or an illegal drug. The integrity of the game is very important to me. I understand the league?s ruling and apologize to my teammates, the fans and the Patriots organization for this mistake.??

It's a loss as far as depth goes.  I don't think it's a loss that's going to be insurmountable by any means.  Spikes has played well in his rookie season and has been playing even better of late.  He's good against the run, but suspect against the pass, despite that great INT he had against the Jets.  Gary Guyton will probably take his place, and other people will have to move up the depth chart.  Guyton is the opposite of Spikes, he's a speed LB who's good against the pass, but not against the run.  So obviously this is a bit of a blow, but it shouldn't prove to be earth shattering.

Seems like it could hurt a bit. If i remember correctly their run defense isn't that great. So losing a guy who's good against a run and replacing him with a guy good against the pass could hurt a bit. It doesn't seem like this loss is as bad as the Jets having lost Leonhard though. Lets see how it affects them.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #507 on: December 11, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »

They actually have been pretty good against the run.  It's the pass defense that has been suspect.  Then again, Gary Guyton was a starter last year when the Ravens gashed the Pats on the ground.  So it will be a bit of a blow.  But I don't think it'll be that big a deal and he will be available for the playoffs.  Spikes has had an interesting season to say the least.  Earlier this year he had that "Chat Roulette" sex tape scandal between he and his "girlfriend" from Florida, now this.  I'd rather him make more headlines ON the field.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »

If he keeps making this kind of news you'll have to wonder how long he'll be a patriot. They aren't one to put up with bullshit, which is why Moss is gone.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »

Wow did the bears say something to piss off te pats? Even the jets were doing better at half time in Gillette stadium. Ouch!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #510 on: December 12, 2010, 07:52:01 PM »

Another terrible game for the Jets. They just handed the Pats the division and the top seed. You can't even blame Sanchez completely for this one. His recievers have to catch the goddamn fucking football. Sanchez made two perfect throws. One to Holmes that would've been a TD and the difference in the game had he caught it. The other to Cotchery who would've been gone had he caught it. This fucking team needs to wake up and fast.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #511 on: December 12, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »

Yeah the Jets could actually be in trouble now, with tough games at Pitt and Chicago the next two weeks.  I'd actually expect them to lose next week to put them at 9-5.  Their offense just looks bad again and going against good defenses like Pitt and Chicago probably won't do much to help.  They could easily be looking at a 10-6 season, and I'm not so sure that would guarantee a playoff spot.  Looks like burying that game ball from last week didn't quite have the desired effect Rex was looking for.

The Bears did some talking this week leading up to the game, yes, and as always the Patriots used that to their advantage.  Teams just never seem to learn.  I'm shocked at how many people were picking the Bears to win today.  I mean, I'll admit I had some reservations early in the week.  But as the week went on, I got more and more confident.  And honestly the bad weather helped the Patriots out BIG time.  I don't understand how people were claiming that it was a good thing for Chicago.  Saying that it would limit Brady, and the Bears would take advantage with their superior running game.  1) Have people watched Brady and the Pats play in this type of weather the last decade?  Here's something to remember, they're 10-0 when it snows.  And how does the wind effect passes under 10 yards?  That's the majority of the Patriot offense, short, quick passes.  The wind/bad weather has little to no effect on that.  2) The Bears have a superior running game?  That's news to me, because the stats certainly don't back that up.  Not even close in fact.  I'm not sure where these "experts" are getting their info from.

The Bears are still a bit of a question mark.  They did beat the Eagles a few weeks back, but I have my questions about them as well.  And the Jets remain a question mark.  Axl4Prez (I think it was) brought up a GREAT point.  Who have they beaten?  The Pats in week 2.  That's the ONLY quality team.  And obviously New England has gotten a lot better since then.  The Jets struggled to beat inferior teams in the middle portion of the season.  People brushed it off, because a win IS a win.  But after these last 2 performances you really have to question how good the Jets really are.  Because they don't look very good right now, and have they really looked all that great this season?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2010, 11:31:46 PM »

Yeah the Jets could actually be in trouble now, with tough games at Pitt and Chicago the next two weeks.  I'd actually expect them to lose next week to put them at 9-5.  Their offense just looks bad again and going against good defenses like Pitt and Chicago probably won't do much to help.  They could easily be looking at a 10-6 season, and I'm not so sure that would guarantee a playoff spot.  Looks like burying that game ball from last week didn't quite have the desired effect Rex was looking for.

The Bears did some talking this week leading up to the game, yes, and as always the Patriots used that to their advantage.  Teams just never seem to learn.  I'm shocked at how many people were picking the Bears to win today.  I mean, I'll admit I had some reservations early in the week.  But as the week went on, I got more and more confident.  And honestly the bad weather helped the Patriots out BIG time.  I don't understand how people were claiming that it was a good thing for Chicago.  Saying that it would limit Brady, and the Bears would take advantage with their superior running game.  1) Have people watched Brady and the Pats play in this type of weather the last decade?  Here's something to remember, they're 10-0 when it snows.  And how does the wind effect passes under 10 yards?  That's the majority of the Patriot offense, short, quick passes.  The wind/bad weather has little to no effect on that.  2) The Bears have a superior running game?  That's news to me, because the stats certainly don't back that up.  Not even close in fact.  I'm not sure where these "experts" are getting their info from.

The Bears are still a bit of a question mark.  They did beat the Eagles a few weeks back, but I have my questions about them as well.  And the Jets remain a question mark.  Axl4Prez (I think it was) brought up a GREAT point.  Who have they beaten?  The Pats in week 2.  That's the ONLY quality team.  And obviously New England has gotten a lot better since then.  The Jets struggled to beat inferior teams in the middle portion of the season.  People brushed it off, because a win IS a win.  But after these last 2 performances you really have to question how good the Jets really are.  Because they don't look very good right now, and have they really looked all that great this season?

I agree. If they don't wake up on offense fast they are in big trouble. A lot of the blame has to go to the recievers and not Sanchez. He's making good throws his recievers juast aren't catching the fucking ball. Like that throw in the endzone today to Holmes. There's no way you can't catch that ball. YOU HAVE TO! Some of it is Sanchez too he seems to have come back to earth a bit which is to be expected for a sophomore QB still learning to play in the league. In the end these tough games will be valuable lessons and he will learn and get better. This won't help them this year but it will soon enough.

Boy did they ever. I mean ouch. At least the Jets were still in that game last week when the second half started. Hell if they don't throw that int it would've been a game for at least a little while. The Pats-Bears game was never even a game just total annhiliation by the Pats. I wasn't expecting that at all.

With the Jets you can make the argument they had tough losses to good teams that they could've won. Opening night by one point. They probably should've won that one. The game against the pack they lost 9-0 they could've won. The game last week against the Pats is the only loss to a good team that was just awful and had no chance to win. They just seem like a different team since coming out of their bye week. The offense was putting up tons of points then they go to the bye and get shutout at home by the pack. Since then they just don't seem ready to take the next step needed to be a championship team. I still think they're heading in the right direction overall. We'll see how they and Sanchez improve next year. If there is a next season that is. Of course they could do what they did last year surprise everyone and play really well in the playoffs if they make it. Honestly, i'm starting to think being a wild card could be to their advantage. They've played much better on the road then at home which is a total mystery to me.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #513 on: December 13, 2010, 10:51:07 PM »

Jets looked like shit on Sunday. Some bad decisions by Sanchez and receivers missing the throws that were good sealed their fate VS Dolphins. I know it was raining hard, but still, there is no excuse.

Also an end of an era- Favre streak has ended and we can say Tavares Jackson is not their quarterback of the future if tonight was any indication....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2010, 12:53:18 AM »

Jets looked like shit on Sunday. Some bad decisions by Sanchez and receivers missing the throws that were good sealed their fate VS Dolphins. I know it was raining hard, but still, there is no excuse.

Also an end of an era- Favre streak has ended and we can say Tavares Jackson is not their quarterback of the future if tonight was any indication....

Agreed no excuse. They have to catch those balls. They were perfectly thrown the reciever just didn't catch the damn balls.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2010, 01:34:18 AM »

One thing the Jets and their fans can hang their hats on.  Last year they "backed into" the playoffs as a wild card and they managed to advance to the AFC Championship game.  So they've proved they can win on the road when it comes down to it.  But I don't think any of the teams left on their schedule are going to lay down for them like last season, and I think they need to win at least one more game, possibly two.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2010, 01:38:30 AM »

Yeah i don't see that scenario playing out again. They are gonna have to play themselves into the postseason.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2010, 02:07:27 AM »

One other thing on the Jets.  How about their strength and conditioning coach tripping one of the Dolphins on special teams?  What an idiot!  He was fined and suspended by the Jets for the remainder of the season, but he really should be fired.  There's no place for that kind of stuff.  Players have enough to worry about ON the field, never mind trying to avoid being tripped by someone on the sidelines.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2010, 03:13:12 AM »

One other thing on the Jets.  How about their strength and conditioning coach tripping one of the Dolphins on special teams?  What an idiot!  He was fined and suspended by the Jets for the remainder of the season, but he really should be fired.  There's no place for that kind of stuff.  Players have enough to worry about ON the field, never mind trying to avoid being tripped by someone on the sidelines.

Now this is something we can agree on. Stupid stupid move. I agree he should be fired.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #519 on: December 17, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »

So the Redskins have benched McNabb for the rest of the season. I was disappointed when McNabb signed the extension, because I wanted to see him go somewhere else next season. It looks like that'll happen now. I'd like to see him go to AZ or SF. As bad as the NFC West is, McNabb would make either team an automatic favorite to win the division.

McNabb was benched earlier in the season because he supposedly can't run a two-minute offense. I watched the Bucs-Skins game last weekend, and McNabb led his team on a 75-yard TD drive with two minutes to go. The game should've went to OT, but the holder bobbled the extra-point. And the kicker had already missed two short FGs earlier in the game. But, of course, that loss is on Donovan, because it's always on Donovan.

I think it's a bad idea for a father and son to be on the same coaching staff. Because Kyle Shanahan, the OC, is the head coach's son, he'll never be held accountable for anything, so someone else has to be the scapegoat. McNabb was actually on pace to throw for his first 4000 yard season, and break the franchise's record for most passing yards in a season. But the Redskins are just a bad team all around. I think their o-line is probably the worst in the league. Defense is terrible. They haven't had much of a running game. IMO, McNabb is one of the few reasons the Redskins have been competitive in most of their games this year. With Grossman at QB, they'll probably lose every game by 30+ points.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: