Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 151183 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

What an escape act by the Jets. Holy shit. They deserved to lose that game but found a way to win it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »

Jets shoulda lost to Lions,Browns and now Houston. Lucky fucks.

Attn Axl4prez

Please play Brett Favre and Randy moss against me next week. Thanks in advance for the win.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »

Smiley  Nice one D. 
The fat lady has sung.  The Vikes season is officially over. 
Give Tarvaris an audition against some shitty opponents.  Let him rack up some #'s so we can trade him for fair value.
...or do what I'd really like to see, get Joe Webb in there.  The dude's lightning in a bottle.
God, my Vikings defense plays like shit.   Cry

btw, are the panthers smart or what?  Keep losing and nab the best qb in the draft.
Heck, my Vikes should just lay down go 3-13 and grab a future stud qb. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:19:29 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2010, 11:00:32 PM »

Attn Axl4prez

Please play Brett Favre and Randy moss against me next week. Thanks in advance for the win.

Yep should've but didn't and that is what counts in the end.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #464 on: November 22, 2010, 12:39:03 AM »

Attn Axl4prez

That is true.  The Jets have BARELY gotten by the last 4 out of 5 weeks against the Broncos, Lions, Browns, and Texans.  BUT, they've won all those games.  And that's all that matters.  They're clearly better than all those teams and they won in the end, so that's the bottom line.  However, they're living on the edge.  They got shut out by Green Bay the other game in that stretch, the only high quality team they have played, so you have to wonder if they'll be so "lucky" against teams like New England and Pittsburgh.

The Patriots pulled out a tough one against the Colts today.  Hands down the best rivalry in the NFL today.  There is never a dull moment, and today was no exception.  The Colts were pretty much assured of sending the game to OT, when Peyton tried to take a shot at going ahead instead.  I don't disagree with the decision, but it certainly didn't work out as he was picked off and the Patriots escaped with a win.

Vikings are certainly done, though that was pretty evident for the past couple of weeks.  I'm glad even Axl4Prez admits that the Brett Favre era should be extinguished.  Let's just take it for what it was.  He/They had a great year last year.  For whatever reason(s), this year has been atrocious.  We'll leave it at that, and move on.  He has been awful though, there's no denying that.

And how about Randy Moss today.  ZERO catches, as the Titans go to 0-2 since he joined the fold.  That's 1-5 for Randy since being traded away from New England.  Meanwhile, New England has gone 5-1.  Still think that was a bad move for the Pats?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #465 on: November 22, 2010, 12:36:28 PM »

Get that guy out of here.. You, GONE!

Are u listening Mr Security man? Bald headed shitty coach, yeah that guy, GONE!!!!!!!!!

Give me that Vikings shirt... Give me that Vikings shirt... Thank u!

See you Brad Childress u shitty troll of a coach!

On a side note, i am now a HUGEEEEE Richard Seymour fan. Loved it, when he knocked Rapelisberger on his ass.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #466 on: November 22, 2010, 01:03:41 PM »

And how about Randy Moss today.  ZERO catches, as the Titans go to 0-2 since he joined the fold.  That's 1-5 for Randy since being traded away from New England.  Meanwhile, New England has gone 5-1.  Still think that was a bad move for the Pats?

He needed the Pats more than they needed him, but that doesn't translate to them being better without him.  As a fan of football in general and not any particular team, I'm just bummed to see what's left of his great talent get wasted. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »

Yeah that stat i keep hearing is completely overrated in Moss' defense.

NE 5-1 without him, the teams he has been on 1-5

Nothing says NE wouldn't have still won those games with Moss. My money says they would've. and the teams Moss went to, he was the least of their problems.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:42:38 PM by D » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »

Attn Axl4prez

That is true.  The Jets have BARELY gotten by the last 4 out of 5 weeks against the Broncos, Lions, Browns, and Texans.  BUT, they've won all those games.  And that's all that matters.  They're clearly better than all those teams and they won in the end, so that's the bottom line.  However, they're living on the edge.  They got shut out by Green Bay the other game in that stretch, the only high quality team they have played, so you have to wonder if they'll be so "lucky" against teams like New England and Pittsburgh.

The Patriots pulled out a tough one against the Colts today.  Hands down the best rivalry in the NFL today.  There is never a dull moment, and today was no exception.  The Colts were pretty much assured of sending the game to OT, when Peyton tried to take a shot at going ahead instead.  I don't disagree with the decision, but it certainly didn't work out as he was picked off and the Patriots escaped with a win.

Vikings are certainly done, though that was pretty evident for the past couple of weeks.  I'm glad even Axl4Prez admits that the Brett Favre era should be extinguished.  Let's just take it for what it was.  He/They had a great year last year.  For whatever reason(s), this year has been atrocious.  We'll leave it at that, and move on.  He has been awful though, there's no denying that.

Oh i agree completely. They probably should've beaten Green Bay as well coming off the bye. Going into the bye they were playing great and beating GOOD teams. Since the bye they seem a bit lackluster on defense. The offense has been better the last few weeks but the defense has to play better. You can't lead teams like the Browns and Texans score points like that late and nearly beat you. They have a short week this week against a Bengals team they should pound. Then the showdown at Gillette. If the Jets pre bye week show up for that game they can win it. If not its gonna be tough. I have to say i really like Sanchez. THe kid seems to have no fear no panic in him. He is proving to me in clutch situations he can come through and get his team the score they need when they need it. And Holmes is just been on a tear the last few weeks. I would worry about him in two weeks if i were the pats.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #469 on: November 22, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »

Get that guy out of here.. You, GONE!

Are u listening Mr Security man? Bald headed shitty coach, yeah that guy, GONE!!!!!!!!!

Give me that Vikings shirt... Give me that Vikings shirt... Thank u!

See you Brad Childress u shitty troll of a coach!

On a side note, i am now a HUGEEEEE Richard Seymour fan. Loved it, when he knocked Rapelisberger on his ass.

Guys, you know I love all the posts here, but D's post here was the FUNNIEST FUCKING POST I HAVE READ HERE AT HTGTH!!!  EVER!!!!!
My thoughts exactly!  Even on the Seymour hit to Rapistburger.  Fucking awesome shit D.
 beer  beer  beer  yes

p.s. time to go check out that Axl clip again...fucking love it.   Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #470 on: November 22, 2010, 09:43:29 PM »

Nothing says NE wouldn't have still won those games with Moss. My money says they would've. and the teams Moss went to, he was the least of their problems.

Well let's be fair, a GREAT majority of people would've never predicted the Patriots going 5-1 after they traded Moss.  Fewer would've predicted he'd have next to no impact on the Vikings, they'd self implode, and he'd be cut less than a month later.  And even fewer would've predicted that he'd go to Tennessee, a team that looked to be a possible Super Bowl contender, and they'd begin to seemingly enter self implode mode.  Top it off that their offense, which was highly rated before Randy came aboard, has done nothing with him, and he himself has ONE catch in two games. 

And by the way, I've heard quite a few people say the Patriots wouldn't have won a few of these games WITH Randy, for what it's worth.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #471 on: November 22, 2010, 09:44:26 PM »

I havent used that Gem in a long time. I use to do it all the time when Jarmo would ban somebody. haha thought it was appopriate on this occasion.

maybe Favre will come back next season now? Get surgery earlier, go to training camp and redeem himself and go out on a better note.

I do feel had he went to training camp and Rice doesn't go down, minnesota are an entirely different team.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #472 on: November 22, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

Well let's be fair, a GREAT majority of people would've never predicted the Patriots going 5-1 after they traded Moss.  Fewer would've predicted he'd have next to no impact on the Vikings, they'd self implode, and he'd be cut less than a month later.  And even fewer would've predicted that he'd go to Tennessee, a team that looked to be a possible Super Bowl contender, and they'd begin to seemingly enter self implode mode.  Top it off that their offense, which was highly rated before Randy came aboard, has done nothing with him, and he himself has ONE catch in two games. 

And by the way, I've heard quite a few people say the Patriots wouldn't have won a few of these games WITH Randy, for what it's worth.

May I respectfully note the "self-implosion" began well before Randy Moss got to the Vikes. 

As for D's recommendation...in a dream world, I like that scenario regarding Favre coming back next season, participating in camp, etc., but I just don't see that happening at the age of 41/42.
Our team is old.  Our team had its shot.  '09 was our shot. 
The o-line isn't good enough to protect a qb with legs much less a hobbled veteran.  Herrera just went down with a torn acl.  This season is over.  Hutchinson aint getting any younger.  Jared Allen and the Williams Wall aint getting any younger.

I can admit when I'm wrong regarding the Patriots Faldor.  But, in a way, it emphasizes what Randy was saying in his post-Vikes-Pats game conference, Bellichik is a freakin genius.  He knows how to coach.
He's one of the greatest of all-time.  Childress is and was terrible.

D, btw, maybe Axl would agree to do a Coors Light commercial with that performance.  We could have Childress look up as if Axl's talking to him.  Childress makes a "Who, me?" gesture, and the camera shifts back to Axl shouting at him to get out.  Great stuff!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #473 on: November 26, 2010, 03:26:19 AM »

We're all setup for the showdown in Gillette. Both Jets and Pats are 9-2. Whoever wins this game likely not only wins the division but will likely be the top AFC seed. It should be a good game. Now that i have this in the right forum. I'm sure you'll have some thoughts Faldor.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #474 on: November 26, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »

We're all setup for the showdown in Gillette. Both Jets and Pats are 9-2. Whoever wins this game likely not only wins the division but will likely be the top AFC seed. It should be a good game. Now that i have this in the right forum. I'm sure you'll have some thoughts Faldor.
It should be a good one.  Both teams have an extended rest to prepare for the Monday nighter now.  Both teams are far from perfect.  There still isn't a clear dominant team in the NFL.  The Patriots offense has looked great of late.  The defense is still a concern, especially the complete and utter lack of a consistent pass rush.  Their defense, like most, plays much better at home and with a lead.  And the Jets defense hasn't been as great as expected.  Their offense has been a bit better than anticipated, especially late in games.  So both teams are still flawed, BUT both are finding different ways to win each week.  So it should be a good one.  Unfortunately, both are tied for the best record in the league but only one can win the division, the other will have to settle for a wild card and a much tougher road through the playoffs.  So the game is very important.  I wouldn't say the win guarantees anything as there will still be 4 more games to play and the Pats still have to go to Chicago and play GB at home.  Jets travel to Pitt.

The crowd should be intense though, as the hated Jets come to town.  Hopefully Danny Woodhead is primed for a big game against his former team.  That often seems to happen.  He has been spectacular for the Pats and they've rewarded him by signing him through 2012.  Well deserved.  Deion Branch and Wes Welker are finally making people once and for all forget about that Moss character.  They both had great games yesterday.  The way Welker describes Branch when he talks about him seem like a shot at Randy.  Maybe I'm just reading into things too much, but he talks about what a pleasure it is to play with Branch because he runs his routes, blocks, does what's asked of him and doesn't "demand" the ball.  You can praise Randy for LOTS of things, but those would be near the bottom, and most likely wouldn't even make the list.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:48:56 PM by faldor » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #475 on: November 26, 2010, 03:37:42 PM »

It should be a good one.  Both teams have an extended rest to prepare for the Monday nighter now.  Both teams are far from perfect.  There still isn't a clear dominant team in the NFL.  The Patriots offense has looked great of late.  The defense is still a concern, especially the complete and utter lack of a consistent pass rush.  Their defense, like most, plays much better at home and with a lead.  And the Jets defense hasn't been as great as expected.  Their offense has been a bit better than anticipated, especially late in games.  So both teams are still flawed, BUT both are finding different ways to win each week.  So it should be a good one.  Unfortunately, both are tied for the best record in the league but only one can win the division, the other will have to settle for a wild card and a much tougher road through the playoffs.  So the game is very important.  I wouldn't say the win guarantees anything as there will still be 4 more games to play and the Pats still have to go to Chicago and play GB at home.  Jets travel to Pitt.

The crowd should be intense though, as the hated Jets come to town.  Hopefully Danny Woodhead is primed for a big game against his former team.  That often seems to happen.  He has been spectacular for the Pats and they've rewarded him by signing him through 2012.  Well deserved.  Deion Branch and Wes Welker are finally making people once and for all forget about that Moss character.  They both had great games yesterday.  The way Welker describes Branch when he talks about him seem like a shot at Randy.  Maybe I'm just reading into things too much, but he talks about what a pleasure it is to play with Branch because he runs his routes, blocks, does what's asked of him and doesn't "demand" the ball.  You can praise Randy for LOTS of things, but those would be near the bottom, and most likely wouldn't even make the list.

They were talking about that last night during the night game that there really isn't a dominant team. The Jets defense looked really good last night. The offense really got going in the second half. If their offense and defense can play like that both halves next week i think the Jets win. You're right both have concerns. The Pats defense hasn't been great. Example the game against the Browns. But their offense has been scary lately. The Jets will have to play better on offense. Sanchez made a few stupid mistakes last night that he hasn't all season. He recognized it and said so in the post game. Yeah it won't guarantee anything but if the Jets win it clearly gives them the upper hand. It will absolutel force the Pats to win more games then the Jets. I'm not sure who the Pats play other then GB and Chicago. Those will be tough games for them. The Jets have the Pitt game and Chicago but also have Miami and Buffalo. So not exactly tough games.  If they can beat the Pats i can see the Jets with at least 12 wins.

The Pats recievers have been excellent. I like how they spread the ball around a lot. It should be a good challenge for Revis and Croamartie both likely having pro bowl seasons. Woodhead has been surprising for the Pats. I really wish the Jets had kept him. As for the Jets Keller, Edwards and Holmes have been very good as of late too. It should be an exciting game.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #476 on: November 26, 2010, 04:23:54 PM »

In my money league... I had Brady starting at 12:25... Benched him

at halftime, i was looking like a genius. By the end of the game... a giant dumbass.

I do have Vick still, but I doubt he is gonna put up the 40 plus Brady did.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #477 on: November 26, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »

They were talking about that last night during the night game that there really isn't a dominant team. The Jets defense looked really good last night. The offense really got going in the second half. If their offense and defense can play like that both halves next week i think the Jets win. You're right both have concerns. The Pats defense hasn't been great. Example the game against the Browns. But their offense has been scary lately. The Jets will have to play better on offense. Sanchez made a few stupid mistakes last night that he hasn't all season. He recognized it and said so in the post game. Yeah it won't guarantee anything but if the Jets win it clearly gives them the upper hand. It will absolutel force the Pats to win more games then the Jets. I'm not sure who the Pats play other then GB and Chicago. Those will be tough games for them. The Jets have the Pitt game and Chicago but also have Miami and Buffalo. So not exactly tough games.  If they can beat the Pats i can see the Jets with at least 12 wins.

The Pats recievers have been excellent. I like how they spread the ball around a lot. It should be a good challenge for Revis and Croamartie both likely having pro bowl seasons. Woodhead has been surprising for the Pats. I really wish the Jets had kept him. As for the Jets Keller, Edwards and Holmes have been very good as of late too. It should be an exciting game.
The thing about the NFL this year, the reason there is no dominant team is because no team is consistent in all areas.  Just take the Jets and Pats, who have the best records to date.  The Jets defense hasn't been as good as advertised, though still really good.  And their offense has been spotty, but very good down the stretch of games.  The Patriots defense has actually played pretty well, despite giving up tons of yardage.  Most of that yardage is gained late in games when they have the lead.  So in a sense, when they're playing "prevent" defense.  Only problem is, they aren't "preventing" anything when in that defense.  Their defense against Cleveland was awful throughout and yesterday against the Lions it wasn't very good either.  But overall, I think they're better than the numbers show.  Their offense has been clicking of late, but they still struggle from time to time.

Each team has glaring weaknesses, it's a matter of which team does the best to cover them up.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #478 on: November 26, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

Not my words, but obviously I fully support and endorse these views.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   
As you wait (anxiously, I'm sure) for my NFL Notes to go up, got some stats on Tom Brady that say he's actually better WITHOUT Randy Moss Vs. PIT, IND & DET Brady is an aggregate 70-of-95 for 877 yds, 9 TDs, 0 INT, & has hit 8, 6 & 7 diff rec. in those games. After adjusting to playing w/o Moss, and others adjusted, Brady reverted to his strengths -- playing QB like PG, and making defenses defend all areas.

Oh, and Rex Ryan is being Rex Ryan again.  Some early trash talk.

@Adam_Schefter
Adam Schefter
RexRyan: "New England is moving it up and down the field against everybody...I have confidence that that won't be the case this week."

rodboone Rod Boone  by shalisemyoung   
Rex on playing the #Patriots: "I think they’ve won 25 straight at home and we’ve won 8 in a row on the road. So we plan on making it 9."

AlbertBreer Albert Breer   
Rex on the Patriots: "They're clearly the best team in football, that's what all the experts say. Except me."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:20:29 PM by faldor » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #479 on: November 26, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »

They will no doubt have to play better defense against the Jets. The Jet receivers will pick them apart if they play like they did against the Lions.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: