Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148433 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »

D, Collie aint gonna be the same for a while.  I'd hold onto Boldin.  I'd roll with Lewis over Gonzo at this point.  Too much to lose getting rid of Anquan for Gonzo.  Just my 2 cents.
You seem to be thin at wr (either you are thin, or I'm just not used to playing ppr, I've never been in a ppr league)

if there's no deadline this week to decide on your keepers, just keep your options open as long as you can.

by the way...Yahoo reports Moss showed up early to work on his first day with the Titans!  Wink 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #421 on: November 10, 2010, 04:46:48 AM »

well with PPR and we also have Kick Returns 25 yards per point

Amendola for instance returns punts,kickoffs and with PPR, he may catch 4 balls for 50 yards, but that is 9pts and if he has 100 return yards, there is another 4 pts, so that would give him 13.

he has only been under double digits once.  same with Bess. he gets 5 catches a game. so thats 5 pts plus yardage and potential touchdowns.

initial reports have been good on Collie. he should be back maybe not this Sunday but next for sure. Boldin plays Thursday Night, so i could actually do a little trickery and wait till Thursday to accept the trade, and I'll get Boldin for this week, Collie returns next week. Collie in PPR has had MONSTER games. he has gotten me a 40 pt week and a couple 30's.

Im probably jumping the gun. just tired of having 2-3 pt weeks from my TE position.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: November 10, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

I guess Moss is a more popular topic here then Phillips being out in Dallas  hihi

I agree he had to go, but somewhat bummed because he seemed to be one of the few coaches in the league that wasn't an egotistical dick.  And by all accounts he treated his players with respect and like the professionals they are, so it reflects very poorly on them that they seem to only get motivated playing for a Parcells-type douche that beats the shit out of them and breaks them mentally. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #423 on: November 10, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »

Actually Wade had way more success than Bill.

Main problem with Dallas is, we are just way over fucking rated.

Think about it:

Our defense sucks. We got Demarcus Ware,Jay Ratliff and thats pretty much it. Terrence Newman never lived up to his draft position. Mike Jenkins is decent, we have NO safeties, NO defensive ends and our LB core sucks. Ware is amazing but we have no other viable pass rusher on the team. we got old ass keith brookins trying to chase people down. Bradie James is ok but makes tons of coverage mistakes. anthony spencer can't rush the passer.

Then on Offense: we lost our best offensive lineman in Flozell Adams, We have a young inexperienced left tackle in Doug Free, an aging Guard position in Kosier and Davis. A young FB who missed his assignment which caused Romo to get killed.

Marion Barber is one of the most overrated RB's period. He also lost weight which took away his strength. Felix Jones bulked up and lost his burst.

Couple that with the most retarded/vanilla play calling in NFL history and yeah, we were completely over fucking rated to begin with.

throw in the fact that 40 of our 53 man roster are the tin man and u get what u get.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »

What a game in Cleveland today. That was a hard fought win for the Jets but they earned it. It probably shouldn't have made it to overtime but Sanchez and the recievers made plays when they had to. Sanchez impressed the fuck out of me today. How he got away from some of those sacks i have no idea especially with a hurting knee.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:55 PM »

I don't know if any of you guys have seen the Fox commercials with Aikman and Buck...but they are fucking HILARIOUS!  I just saw the Dr. Phil one for the first time.  Great shit.

Did those Giants underestimate the 'boys or what?  Jason Garrett era 1-0.  Congrats D!

Did my Vikings look like shit or what?

Could the 2010 NFC West be the most awful division in league history?  A 7-9 team may just win that division...hell, maybe a 6-10 team.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »

Todays the type of shit that pisses me off though. Dallas should've been playing like this all season.Did garrett want to get Phillips fired? he actually called great,imaginative plays today! HMMMM

Reminds me of one of Tubby Smith's last UK Wildcat teams. I always hated joe Crawford cause he acted like he was Lebron James or something but never came close to his potential.'

in his final game in the NCAA tourney he scored 35pts in a loss and Im thinking ,why the hell didn't u play like that your entire career?

so mixed feelings on the win today.

my other favorite team, the St Louis Rams got jobbed in OT. IF someone throws a pass 10 yards up in the middle away from the WR, how can that be interference? WR was running and out, and the QB Threw a post no where near the WR. but cause of contact, it was a penalty. ridiculous.

how bout that Garrard Hail Mary!?? fantastic play!

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2010, 04:28:02 PM »

McNabb get 5 year, $78M deal from Skins, $40M guaranteed. 

Great move -- pay your aging QB a ton of money and now he'll start to play great for you because he knows you love him. 

puke

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2010, 05:01:16 PM »

Imagine what he would've got if he was in shape and could run a 2 minute offense! hihi hihi

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #429 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »

Imagine what he would've got if he was in shape and could run a 2 minute offense! hihi hihi

Get all the laughing in now...tonight, McNabb will have folks eating a lot of crow.  Wink
Even with a less talented receiving corps than the Birds have, the 'skins are gonna win.   yes

McNabb Rules!!!  Cool

btw D, I in no way believe Garrett was sandbagging to get Wade fired if that's what your hmmm implied. 
btw, I saw the end of that Rams game as well as they went to that after the late game.  It left me wondering why more teams don't purposely throw bombs short and just have the wide receiver stop and run back into the defender for the easy pass interference call.  The only question I had on the call was, was it truly catchable?  Borderline call, but I've seen worse. (examples of worse would be found in the first Vikings-Packers game, the Shiancoe shoulda been and the Quarless' never shoulda been.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:37:34 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #430 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »

Thanks to mike Wallace, i now have to hope Akers gets under 10pts or I am gonna lose first place.

DAMN, i was on easy street till Wallace went off.

in my money league, i also played Wallace and instead of cruising to an easy win, i now have to get 27pts from Vick and Laron Landry combined.

we play Individual defense.  1pt per tackle and tackle assist 1 pt per deflection 3 for sack etc.

Landry averages 10pts per game, and Vick has been on fire, we play 20yards per point 6 for TDS plus he gets he usual 10yards per point for running but we have minus 3 for interceptions.

so surely to God, i will win. if I do i will be tied for first. in our league first place gets over 1000 bucks.

so this is a HUGE night for me.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #431 on: November 15, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »

You should be good D, Vick got you over the top in the first quarter so you don't have to sweat that one out.  Maybe it's time I give Vick his due and admit he's a force.  I've held out to this point, but I guess it's time to see the light.

I had Wallace in a league and he gave me a legit shot with those "garbage time" TD's.  I was up 20 going into tonight going against the Philly D.  I just hope the D doesn't score. 

How about the Patriots manhandling the Steelers last night?  I have to be honest.  I did not see that coming.  That was almost as surprising as getting blown out by the Browns last week.  I hoped and figured they would respond well coming off that loss, but I couldn't have imagined them playing as well as they did.  To put up 39 points on that defense, to outgain them on the ground, to sack Big Ben 5 times.  All those things came as a surprise.  Just more evidence that the Patriots are and will be just fine without you know who.

Speaking of Randy.  He had quite the unimpressive debut in Tennessee.  They had their worst offensive output since week 2 against Pitt.  So much for opening up that offense.

Sorry Axl4Prez, but the Vikings are DONE!  I was watching the NFL Network before the games on Sunday and I forget who brought this up, but they said, and I completely agree, that the players have to start taking some accountability.  You can whine and cry about it being Brad Childress' fault, but at some point you have to look at what they aren't doing on the field.  And it all starts with Favre.  He has had a horrible season.  He's turning the ball over with regularity, and he's nowhere near 100% healthy.  I honestly feel he's a more of a detriment to the team at this point, and I think Childress realizes this, but he can't do anything about it.  God forbid he sits the "Golden Boy" and breaks his streak.  Anyway, it's too late now, so they might as well continue on as they have been.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #432 on: November 16, 2010, 12:07:07 AM »

Vick got me 60 points hahaha WOW

not only did i win, but i won 50 bucks for having high pt total for the week and i now lead for the 100 dollar highest score of the year award.

i came into tonight with just 128 vick's 60 and laron landry's 10 finished me with 198.50

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2010, 01:30:04 AM »

I'm disappointed McNabb signed that contract. I was really hoping he'd pack his bags after this season and go play for AZ or Minnesota, where he'd have more talent around him. The Redskins are still too far away from being a legitimate contender. No playmakers, no o-line, an aging defense, plus a coach who's already embarassed you and thrown you under the bus . . . I want to see McNabb have success; I'd love to see him go out on top, hoisting a Lombardi trophy and stamping his ticket to the hall of fame . . . but that'll never happen in Washington.

I also keep underestimating my Eagles, but no longer. I figured they'd be lucky to win 6 games this year, but that was when I thought Kolb was going to be the starter. And I was even on the fence when Reid made Vick the starter. I knew he was better than Kolb, and I knew the Eagles would win more games with him behind center, but I still thought they'd be a wildcard team at best. But Vick has suddenly transformed into the best QB in the league. He's unstoppable out there. He's yet to throw an interception, his field-vision is excellent, he's been pin-point accurate, and he's still lightning fast. If he stays healthy and continues to play at this incredibly high level, I think he deserves to be voted MVP. And in a year with so much parity, and a somewhat weak NFC, I think the Eagles have to be considered one of the favorites to win the Superbowl. . . which would be a dream come true for me, although somewhat bittersweet since it'd come without McNabb, Westbrook or Dawkins.

Also, thanks to tonight's scorefest, Akers helped me pull out the come-from-behind victory over D to take the division lead.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:37:50 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »

The only thing I'll say, is the NFL this year is so unpredictable.  Just when you think you've figured a team out, they go out and lay an egg.  So I'd be careful with expectations.  2 weeks ago the Patriots were considered by many to be the best team in the NFL, they go and get blown out by Cleveland.  Then the Steelers are considered to be the best team and the Patriots go into Pitt and crush them.  The Giants are considered to be the best team in the NFC by many and they get blown out at home to the lowly Cowboys.  And don't forget about the Falcons.  They're sitting at 7-2 after beating one of the best teams in the NFL last week.  Not many people are talking about them, but they need to be considered as well.

It's still a complete crapshoot.  Philly looked awesome last night, no doubt.  But I'm still not convinced that they're a dominant team.  There is no dominant team.  The Jets could be the best team in the NFL, yet they've been pushed to the brinks the last 2 weeks against the Browns and Lions, and barely beat the Broncos a few weeks back.  But at least they've won those games.  I'd probably put them at the top of the list, followed by the Eagles.  For NOW.  Next week, things could be completely different, if this wacky season continues on its current course.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2010, 11:26:54 AM »

so Donovan, about that "mistake" comment....

rofl

Skins will cut him at season's end.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »

Vick has suddenly transformed into the best QB in the league.

I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself; it's just a tad premature to suddenly say Vick is better than Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers and Rothelisberger.  He's having a good season, yes, but Daunte Culpepper, Jeff George, and Scott Mitchell each had good seasons. 

If Vick stays healthy, a big "if" mind you, he might be a legitimate MVP candidate by the end of the season.  Surely voters will by dying to vote for someone other than Manning (even tho he is the only thing holding the Colts together at this point).   

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »

Gilee, i don't even mind, cause I'll trade a loss in Shackler's league to win 50 bucks and have the high score for the year which will get me an extra 100.

I definitely have to win 2 of my next 3 to get in.

I've lost two games making dumb decisions. I started Forte over a hot McFadden, then this week i started Hill over Big Ben.

DUMB

of course who knew Wallace would go insane and Akers would get 500 extra points?

Vick right now, is the BEST quarter back in the NFL. Not only is he as good a passer as the top, but he is also like a top 5 rb

people go by career achievement though and still will wanna put brady,brees and manning ahead, but nah, right now VIck gets my vote.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »

so Donovan, about that "mistake" comment....

rofl

Skins will cut him at season's end.

Incredibly, the guaranteed $40M isn't really guaranteed.  They could cut him after this season having paid him only $3.5M. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Washington-Redskins-have-out-clause-in-Donovan-McNabbs-new-contract-111510
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #439 on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »

The only thing I'll say, is the NFL this year is so unpredictable.  Just when you think you've figured a team out, they go out and lay an egg.  So I'd be careful with expectations.  2 weeks ago the Patriots were considered by many to be the best team in the NFL, they go and get blown out by Cleveland.  Then the Steelers are considered to be the best team and the Patriots go into Pitt and crush them.  The Giants are considered to be the best team in the NFC by many and they get blown out at home to the lowly Cowboys.  And don't forget about the Falcons.  They're sitting at 7-2 after beating one of the best teams in the NFL last week.  Not many people are talking about them, but they need to be considered as well.

It's still a complete crapshoot.  Philly looked awesome last night, no doubt.  But I'm still not convinced that they're a dominant team.  There is no dominant team.  The Jets could be the best team in the NFL, yet they've been pushed to the brinks the last 2 weeks against the Browns and Lions, and barely beat the Broncos a few weeks back.  But at least they've won those games.  I'd probably put them at the top of the list, followed by the Eagles.  For NOW.  Next week, things could be completely different, if this wacky season continues on its current course.

You gotta give the Jets a bit of a break with the Broncos. Mile High is a tough place to play. The last two weeks though they should've been easier victories though. I agree with you on that. In the end they won those games and thats what matters the most. Good teams find a way to win the game. It seems to be shaping up that week 13 in Foxboro could be the game that determines the division champ. The Jets have the Texans and Bengals before then. Those are two teams they should beat especially at home. Pats have the Colts and Lions before then. The colts will be a tough win but i could see both teams being 9-2 by then. After the Pats it gets a bit scary for the Jets. Steelers then Bears. Will that Jets/Steelers game be for best record and home field? Its sure quite possible.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: