Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:19:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148374 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:22 AM »

Even though he's no longer an Eagle, Donovan's still my favorite player, and I've watched most of his games this season. He hasn't been great, but he's played better than his numbers suggest. The O-line for the Redskins has to be one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how great a QB you are, if you've got defenders hanging on you as soon as you snap the ball, you're not gonna be able to make a lot of throws. Even though he's had lingering hamstring issues, McNabb's still been able to extend a lot of broken plays, buy extra time with his feet, run for key first downs, etc. But the Redskins don't have a lot of playmakers, their running game has been pretty much non-existant . . . you put that together with a terrible offensive line, and pretty much any QB not named Manning or Brady would be struggling right now.

Apparently the Shannahans are also trying to change McNabb's mechanics. Something about a wider stance in the pocket. Personally, I don't think it makes much sense. McNabb's almost 34 years old and he's had plenty of success in the past. Why try to change the way he plays at this point in his career?

The "cardiovascular endurance" excuse is bullshit. McNabb had close to 50 yards rushing in the last game; he's been running for his life all season due to the lack of protection. He actually looks in better physical shape than he was in Philly.

I think the benching pretty much guarantees that McNabb won't be back in Washington next year, even if he plays lights out for the rest of the season and the Redskins make it to the playoffs (which is what happened last time, when he and the Eagles got hot and just barely came up short against AZ in the NFC Championship game). McNabb will be able to choose where he plays after this season, and I expect it to be with either the Cardinals or the Vikings. The Redskins still have too many pieces missing to give McNabb a realistic shot at a superbowl before he retires.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:27:25 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2010, 05:13:35 PM »

Gilee, I have only seen parts of several 'skins games this season...plus the entire 'skins-Cowboys game.  The most glaring thing that popped out at me when watching earlier this season were DROPPED PASSES.  It was crazy man.  Ball after ball was being dropped.  Crucial 3rd down passes right on the money, just dropped.

I used to think Shanahan was a great coach...his actions in the past week left me scratching my head.  Okay, you are unhappy with your qb...but...imo he did not deal with it in an appropriate fashion.
Rex Grossman? 
Jamarcus Russell?Huh  That's just a slap in the face.  He's bringing in a 286 pound qb after questioning McNabb's "conditioning?"  Anyone else smell b.s.?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »

Moss to Titans.   Shocked

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »

Kerry Collins on Moss:

?I never had a problem with the guy -- he was professional, respectful, he was a team guy,? Collins said. ?I think a lot of the stuff that you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind. He?s very truthful with what he says and that doesn?t always play well. He was a great teammate, and I never had a problem with him.?

That's basically how Moss has consistently been described by his other former teammates.  Yet the perception of him is the exact opposite of that. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:51 PM »

Well, people can say what they want, but something was wrong with Donovan in that Super Bowl. that was the worst/slowest 2 minute offense I've ever seen. I kept thinking, why the fuck are they so nonchalant and not in more of a hurry?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »

Kerry Collins on Moss:

?I never had a problem with the guy -- he was professional, respectful, he was a team guy,? Collins said. ?I think a lot of the stuff that you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind. He?s very truthful with what he says and that doesn?t always play well. He was a great teammate, and I never had a problem with him.?

That's basically how Moss has consistently been described by his other former teammates.  Yet the perception of him is the exact opposite of that. 

Am I the only guy here who thinks Kerry Collins is a more effective starting quarterback for the 2010 Tennessee Titans than VY?
Please tell me I'm not alone.
btw, I really think the Titans will take the AFC South this year...and not just because of Randy.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #366 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »

Kerry Collins on Moss:

“I never had a problem with the guy -- he was professional, respectful, he was a team guy,” Collins said. “I think a lot of the stuff that you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind. He’s very truthful with what he says and that doesn’t always play well. He was a great teammate, and I never had a problem with him.”

Am I the only guy here who thinks Kerry Collins is a more effective starting quarterback for the 2010 Tennessee Titans than VY?
Please tell me I'm not alone.
btw, I really think the Titans will take the AFC South this year...and not just because of Randy.
Well they may.  I'd still give the Colts the nod, but the Titans are certainly right there.  And you're predictions on Moss so far this year have been completely off so I hope you're not basing that on Randy being there now.  You thought the Patriots would crumble without Randy.  Hasn't happened.  You thought the Vikings would thrive with Randy.  Didn't happen.  We'll see if Randy makes any difference on an already solid team.

And as for Kerry Collins being a better fit at starter.  I've heard this a couple of times today.  Mainly because he's better throwing the deep ball than Vince.  But I think that logic is silly.  Vince Young wins football games, one way or another.  AND, he just so happens to have the highest QB rating in the NFL right now.  Collins is a good backup, but please.  No way is he a better fit at starter.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #367 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:41 AM »

No. see how Collins did last season.

I think they should play them both.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #368 on: November 04, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »

No. see how Collins did last season.

I think they should play them both.

Vince Young is #1 in passer rating right now. What's wrong with that?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #369 on: November 04, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »

I cant help from laughing at the so called media "experts" this morning.

They are all talking how huge Moss could be for TN cause he can "stretch" The field, open it up even more for Chris Johnson etc..

Uhhhhh Deja vu, Groundhog Day but I could've sworn they said the exact same shit when he came to Minnesota. How'd that work? Did the Vikes even win one game with Moss? Sure didn't help Peterson run it in from the 1 yard line.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #370 on: November 04, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »

They are all talking how huge Moss could be for TN cause he can "stretch" The field, open it up even more for Chris Johnson etc..

Uhhhhh Deja vu, Groundhog Day but I could've sworn they said the exact same shit when he came to Minnesota. How'd that work? Did the Vikes even win one game with Moss? Sure didn't help Peterson run it in from the 1 yard line.

They scored a touchdown more per game after Moss came on board, they did win a game (against your Cowboys, who suck, by the way), and you can't stretch the field from the 1-yard line.  And NE is scoring about a TD less per game without him.  But fuck him, he's mean to caterers. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #371 on: November 04, 2010, 02:51:52 PM »

They scored a touchdown more per game after Moss came on board, they did win a game (against your Cowboys, who suck, by the way), and you can't stretch the field from the 1-yard line.  And NE is scoring about a TD less per game without him.  But fuck him, he's mean to caterers. 

hihi hihi

yeah dumbest reason ever to cut someone. Childress is such a fuckbag. they can't fire him quick enough once this season ends.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #372 on: November 04, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

Like GeorgeSteele said, you can't stretch the field from the 1.
How did it work for Minnesota?  The Vikes increased their scoring by 50%.  Harvin lit it up with Moss on the field.  Hanging 3 losses on the shoulders of Randy Moss would be insane.  Childress was problem #1.  Favre's INTs were reason #2a, and the Vikes pathetic (compared to last season) defensive effort was reason 2b.
Childress is a douchebag.  I read a great article over at Yahoo that talked about how Belichik dealt with discipline nonsense.  Apparently, he put up with a lot of shit from Ty Law.  Why?  Because Ty Law helped them win football games.  Belichik's a winner who gets the most out of his players.  He gets the players to buy into the system.

btw Faldor, no it wasn't just because of Randy, although he will help quite a bit.  Tennessee has an excellent head coach.  They are playing like a complete team.  Kind of like Pittsburgh, strong on both O and D.  Indy's not a complete team.   

btw, it's too bad the whole catering thing with Randy Moss came out after Halloween.  That would have been some great schtick on Halloween trick-or-treating.  After receiving candy from each house, I could look down in the bag and ask, "What the hell is this crap?  I wouldn't hand this shit to my dawgs!"   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #373 on: November 04, 2010, 05:15:49 PM »

I'd like to correct something that's just completely wrong. The Patriots OFFENSE is actually scoring slightly more without Moss than they were with him.  You're looking at total points scored, but last I checked Randy Moss had nothing to do with the 21 points put up by the defense and special teams against Miami.  The defense also set up another TD in that game.  Randy also had nothing to do with Brandon Tate's kickoff return for a TD in week 1.  You take all those points away and they haven't skipped a beat.

I'd also like to add that Randy had nothing to do with Percy Harvin's kick return for a TD against the Cowboys.  Without that return, the Vikes may not have won a single game with Randy. 

Let's not give him credit where it's not deserved.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2010, 07:16:03 PM »

Last i checked, field stretching wasn't an NFL Statistic. Also, they played a terrible Dallas team, A decimated Green Bay team, and then against NE, that is Moss in a nutshell, draws a Pass Interference, and quits. ball lands maybe a foot from him.

IF I'm not mistaken, Favre gets injured a play or two later.. if Moss keeps hustling, he scores, Favre doesn't get taken off the field.

Also like Faldor said, Moss not responsible for a lot of those points, not to mention Percy Harvin being healthy also helped his own production. U are acting like Harvin is some practice squad scrub that Moss turned into a superstar. Harvin sucked early due to his migraines and hip problem. not to mention the outrageously hard schedule they played and Favre missing training camp.

I like Randy, but I wouldn't have him on my team. he is too unreliable and i don't care what some players say, he couldn't be that good of a teammate.
great locker room guys don't get moved this much unless its salary cap related.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »

I'd like to correct something that's just completely wrong. The Patriots OFFENSE is actually scoring slightly more without Moss than they were with him.  You're looking at total points scored, but last I checked Randy Moss had nothing to do with the 21 points put up by the defense and special teams against Miami.  The defense also set up another TD in that game.  Randy also had nothing to do with Brandon Tate's kickoff return for a TD in week 1.  You take all those points away and they haven't skipped a beat.

I'd also like to add that Randy had nothing to do with Percy Harvin's kick return for a TD against the Cowboys.  Without that return, the Vikes may not have won a single game with Randy. 

Let's not give him credit where it's not deserved.

Sorry man, there's no way you can convince me Moss isn't anything but a benefit to a team, Vikings, Patriots, Titans, it doesn't matter.  If you have a choice of Tate or Moss on the field, you're choosing Moss.  Branch or Moss, you're choosing Moss.  Berrian or Moss, Moss.  Nate Washington or Moss, Moss.
Correct, Randy has nothing to do with special teams.  He also doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball.
His contribution to the offense is measured not only by how he performs, but how other receivers perform when he's on the field.  Harvin and Welker were better with Moss.  Britt (if ever healthy) will benefit from Moss.
Take Moss off that '07 Patriots team and I'm sorry, they're not 16-1.  They're not a lucky-ass David Tyree catch away from winning yet another Super Bowl.

If Moss didn't go on and on about his contract earlier this year, he'd be a Patriot right now.  If Belichik couldn't get a draft pick for him, he'd still be a Patriot.  Only Childress is dumb enough to waive the guy and receive nothing for him.  Stupid-ass bald prick.  F Childress.

btw D, I just read your post.  Research why Moss was traded away from Minnesota in '05.  Be sure to include Red McCombs in your search.  It was a move made out of spite...it was the first of 2 incredibly stupid moves out of Minnesota. 
D, just try and find Moss teammates that have/had bad things to say about the guy.  You're not gonna find them.  He is very much like Axl.  He speaks his mind.  The filter between brain and mouth isn't always operating.  He gets misinterpreted, taken out of context, and he gets pissed.  Same bad relationship with the media.  He could carry people out of a burning building and would still get shit over not doing it the right way.  He goes silent after realizing people won't give him a fair shake. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #376 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:52 AM »

Moss played the role of good teammate and toed the company line for the first 2 1/2 seasons as a Patriot.  He began to check out a bit last season and amped it up a notch this year.  IF Randy plays the way he's capable and everything is going right for him, damn right I'd take him on the field.  The Randy Moss of THIS year so far, no thank you.  The Patriots AND Vikings will not miss Moss one bit.  Count on it.

Now that's not to say he won't make a difference with Tennessee.  IF he gets his head on straight and gets with the program, he'll do just fine.  He has failed to do that yet this year though, so until I see it.  Well. 

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #377 on: November 05, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »

The Patriots AND Vikings will not miss Moss one bit.  Count on it.

rofl rofl  In other news, women are more attractive without tits.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »

I don't think anyone is saying or even attempting to say Moss isn't an amazing talent. problem is making him fully put his heart into it.

its that old adage: "Ill take a guy with 60 percent talent and 100 percent heart over someone with 100 percent talent and 60 percent heart."

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #379 on: November 05, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »

I don't think anyone is saying or even attempting to say Moss isn't an amazing talent. problem is making him fully put his heart into it.

its that old adage: "Ill take a guy with 60 percent talent and 100 percent heart over someone with 100 percent talent and 60 percent heart."

I sure hope you're not implying Moss played/plays with 60% heart, because we both know that's not true.
The guy is very long.  His strides have always made his legs look slow, but put him next to a short 5' 10" cornerback, and every 5 yards Moss' gazelle-like strides give him separation.
He's always been one of (if not my very) favorite receiver of all-time. 
Remember that 1st game as a Patriot as he was running down field against the Jets?  That play was beautiful.  Another beautiful Moss td was against the Cowboys years ago as a Viking.  His one-handed grabs?  ...and oh, about 150 more td catches in his illustrious career.   love

You wanna talk guys with 100% talent and no heart?  Look at the busts out there.  The list is very long...and Randy's name aint ANYWHERE near that list.  Sorry, you just don't get 150+ touchdowns with no heart.  It IS NOT possible!
Randy's problems are NOT on the field.
Randy's problem is that he speaketh the truth...and he doesn't have an effective filter between brain and mouth.  That's it. 
You must agree he was right when he told the Vikes owner after the Pats game that Childress needed to be fired. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: