Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148201 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »

anyone else realized that Jay Cutler = Jeff George

almost identical.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2010, 10:34:06 PM »

I know it was just the lowly Bills, but, what an impressive game by the Jets. Except for one devensive series they were great on defense. The offense was again stellar. Its starting to look like Sanchez has taken a HUGE step in his second year. LT was quoted as saying he thinks Sanchez is ahead of where Phillips and Brees were at this point in their careers. High praise considering Brees won a super bowl. Tough test next week against the Vikings though.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2010, 06:54:28 AM »

I know it was just the lowly Bills, but, what an impressive game by the Jets. Except for one devensive series they were great on defense. The offense was again stellar. Its starting to look like Sanchez has taken a HUGE step in his second year. LT was quoted as saying he thinks Sanchez is ahead of where Phillips and Brees were at this point in their careers. High praise considering Brees won a super bowl. Tough test next week against the Vikings though.

Lowly Bills, yes...but your Jets still did what they needed to do - take that team apart

Bears looked dreadful last night....Not sure how they don't just put Cutler in the shotgun and say if you see anyone coming near you, chuck it away..allowing that guy to make quick decisions like a Brees or a Manning is just asking for trouble
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »

Lowly Bills, yes...but your Jets still did what they needed to do - take that team apart

Bears looked dreadful last night....Not sure how they don't just put Cutler in the shotgun and say if you see anyone coming near you, chuck it away..allowing that guy to make quick decisions like a Brees or a Manning is just asking for trouble
Cutler looked completely lost last night.  I think he suffered that concussion earlier than they think.  Or maybe I'm just giving him too much credit.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: October 04, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »

Cutler looked completely lost last night.  I think he suffered that concussion earlier than they think.  Or maybe I'm just giving him too much credit.

The Giants have a very good track record against Mike Martz offenses.  I remember them doing the same to Kurt Warner's Rams in their prime, knocking Warner senseless.  He wasn't the same until years later with the Cardinals. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »

Jesus last nights giants/Bears game setNFL offense back 40 years. Terrible game.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »

Jesus last nights giants/Bears game setNFL offense back 40 years. Terrible game.

It was very ugly...what I thought may have been one of the best matchups of the week turned into something almost unwatchable
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

Its amazing seeing the numbers Orton is putting up in Denver.

I'd take Kyle Orton over Cutler any day of the week.

Cutler is Jeff George.

All the talent but doesn't have it between the ears.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2010, 06:42:42 PM »

Yeah, on Jets/Bills.  Granted they did what they were supposed to do and dismantled the Bills, who are just a BAD team.  But the Patriots struggled to beat the Bills at home.  The Colts lost to Jacksonville, New Orleans struggled with Carolina, Green Bay struggled with Detroit.  Divisional rivalries are tough battles and are often close.  So you have to credit the Jets despite Buffalo being as bad as they are.  Sanchez has looked very good the last 3 weeks and LT looks rejuvenated. 

I too think Cutler isn't as great as his potential leads some to believe, BUT he had played pretty well the first 3 games this year.  Last night he was god awful, but he was much better before that, so I wouldn't bury him just yet.  Chicago's D does look to be pretty nasty, so Cutler just has to manage games and not screw up, if he can manage that.  Obviously couldn't do that last night against a hungry Giants D.

As for tonight's game.  I'm predicting a Patriot loss in Miami.  I know that's not really going out on a limb, but I just have no confidence in them winning on the road anymore.  And until they prove me wrong, that will continue.  I think Miami is a more balanced team to begin with, couple that with the fact that New England has always had trouble winning in Miami and the fact that they haven't been able to win anywhere other than Gillette, Buffalo, and London the last 2 years, it seems pretty clear to me.  Not to mention that the Dolphins lit up the Jets D last week and the Patriots have a bottom 5 ranked defense in the league right now.  I'm SHOCKED they're a favorite.  Makes no sense to me.  Seems like easy money for any gamblers out there.

Of course, I hope I'm dead wrong.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2010, 07:26:43 PM »

And to think the Jets could be even BETTER next week. They get Holmes back they should have Revis back. Anyone know Pace's status? I know it was 4-6 weeks he was gonna be out. We're gonna need those guys back i think. Tough game against the Vikings. I am very impressed with how they've looked the last 3 weeks. You're right Faldor, LT absolutely looks rejeuvinated. It seems getting over some nagging injuries the last few years and change of scenery has helped him.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »

And to think the Jets could be even BETTER next week. They get Holmes back they should have Revis back. Anyone know Pace's status? I know it was 4-6 weeks he was gonna be out. We're gonna need those guys back i think. Tough game against the Vikings. I am very impressed with how they've looked the last 3 weeks. You're right Faldor, LT absolutely looks rejeuvinated. It seems getting over some nagging injuries the last few years and change of scenery has helped him.
I think LT is out to prove the skeptics wrong too.  So many people thought he was done after the last 2 seasons.  Thought he had hit the proverbial wall, but he's showing signs of what made him the best RB in the game not too long ago.  Now we'll see if he can keep that up for the rest of the season, but so far so good.

As for Calvin Pace

Jets coach Rex Ryan announced Sunday that Darrelle Revis (hamstring) and Calvin Pace (foot) are both expected to play in Week 5.

Besides Revis, perhaps the biggest addition will be Santonio Holmes' return from suspension. Coming off a 38-14 throttling of Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Jets are sitting at 3-1 after many discounted them as "pretenders" during an offense-deficient preseason. Ryan's team will be watching Monday night's Dolphins-Patriots division game closely.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

And as for last nights game.  Man I LOVE being wrong.  I did NOT see that one coming.  Even if the Pats won, I would've figured it would have been a close game.  And I certainly wouldn't have expected their defense to hold the Dolphins to 14 points.  Now granted, they still gave up 400 yards of offense, but they held them out of the endzone and came up with big plays when needed.  That's what they're going to need to do going forward.  This defense isn't going to shut down any offense.  Buffalo proved that last week.  But if they can make big plays, and play that bend but don't break style of defense, they could be alright.  And obviously the special teams were beyond special last night.  A kick return for a TD, a blocked FG for a TD, a blocked punt that set up another TD.  You can't ask for much better than that.  They didn't return a punt for a TD I guess, but they didn't have many shots at that.  What a great game to go into the bye week on.  Rest up for a redemption game at home against the mighty Ravens.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:21:59 AM by faldor » Logged

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »

Sorry, I can't see LT keeping this up. Greene will be getting the bulk of the carries by the final month - especially when it's 20 degrees in NJ
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »

Thanks for the info Faldor. Getting those three guys back will be HUGE for the Jets. We will be even better on defense with those two starting and having Holmes should make us better on offense. I hope LT can keep this up. I think a lot of it is he is wanting to prove everyone wrong that he isn't done. As for last night's game. I'm not sure what i can say other then holy shit. That was a serious drubbing. The pats completely dismantled the fins. I did not see that one coming either. Question is can they keep that level of play up especially on the road where they've struggled the last few years.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:21 PM »

Thanks for the info Faldor. Getting those three guys back will be HUGE for the Jets. We will be even better on defense with those two starting and having Holmes should make us better on offense. I hope LT can keep this up. I think a lot of it is he is wanting to prove everyone wrong that he isn't done. As for last night's game. I'm not sure what i can say other then holy shit. That was a serious drubbing. The pats completely dismantled the fins. I did not see that one coming either. Question is can they keep that level of play up especially on the road where they've struggled the last few years.

This Pats team looks bored and uninspired to be out there - pure talent alone will dictate that they should make the playoffs, but I definitely do not think they're going anywhere this year - looks like they've lost their fire a bit...kinda like the Yanks during Torre's last few years.... ( this is coming from a Yankee fan and Patriot hater)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2010, 05:22:32 PM »

I don't see how you could say that about the Patriots after last nights game.  They looked quite fired up and united.  Belichick was unusually animated during and after the game.  He gave game balls to EVERYONE, since it was a TEAM effort. Today the players are saying all the right things.  About how they were motivated because most people (me included) were picking them to lose and how they're still coming together as a unit. 

I'd say this years team is much more united than the past few years.  They got rid of some questionable character guys from last season such as Shawn Springs, Adalius Thomas, and Derrick Burgess.  I think they're moving in the right direction.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »

Holy crap! The Patriots are on the verge of trading Randy Moss to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick, with the condition that the Vikings can sign him to an extension.  Jay Glazer reports.  WTF?  I don't get it, so much for basking in the glow of last nights victory.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »

As usual, I admire the Pats balls in dealing with malcontents..they got tons more out of Moss than anyone would've imagined...but now it appears it's time to cut the plug
Great move for the Vikes if it goes down
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2010, 01:57:25 AM »

As usual, I admire the Pats balls in dealing with malcontents..they got tons more out of Moss than anyone would've imagined...but now it appears it's time to cut the plug
Great move for the Vikes if it goes down
I'm torn with this deal.  On the one hand, I don't see how this in any way shape or form that this would make the Patriots any better.  I mean, Moss is one of the all time best WR and is still near the top today.  He certainly has at least a few good productive years left.  He stretches the field like nobody else and makes the other WR's better.

BUT, I've been saying since last year that Tom Brady keys in on Randy and Wes WAY too much.  Back when he was winning Super Bowls he was spreading the ball around and hitting 7-8 different receivers a game.  His favorite receiver was "the open receiver".  Ever since Randy and Wes came aboard that all changed.  Obviously it worked to near perfection in 2007, but the league seemed to catch up with them late that season and the offense went from otherworldly to just very good.  And this season Tom has gone back to spreading the ball around, hence Randy only having 9 catches in 4 games, and the offense has looked a lot better this year.  They have more weapons with Brandon Tate, Edelman, Danny Woodhead, Aaron Hernandez, and Rob Gronkowski.  The offense didn't play great this week against Miami but they scored when they needed to and more importantly they were able to operate and sustain long drives to take precious time off the clock.  Anything to help keep their suspect defense off the field.  They had a good mix of run and pass.  It was all good, and Randy had ZERO catches and only one target.  Now, it's hard to tell how much attention he took from the Miami D, which in turn would've created more room for other receivers.  So you have to factor that in. 

I would just rather have the Patriots continue to run this more ball control offense WITH Randy than without him.  Then you at least have him at your disposal if/when you need to amp it up a bit.  With that being said, if Randy isn't on the same page with the rest of the team then it just might be best to cut ties.  He's had a history of mailing it in the last year of his contract.  The only time he played all out was in 2007 with the Pats when he had one of the best seasons ever.  But he quit on both Minnesota and Oakland his last years there, so it's risk you'd take.  I'd like to think he wouldn't pull that stunt with the Pats, but who knows for sure.  If he is traded to Minnesota I'm sure he'll put up some monster numbers there.  They can't go wrong giving up a 3rd rounder for him.  If he stays with the Pats, who knows what will happen.  Especially after all this noise, as I'm sure we haven't heard the last of it either way.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »

Two Words

Brandon Tate

kid will be a super star

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2010, 03:59:12 AM »

I think it's a bad move on the part of the Patriots. In a down year, they had as good a chance as anyone else in the league to contend for a title this season, but that goes out the window now, imo. I always felt that the reason Welker put up such good numbers was because he benefitted from all the attention Moss receives. Now the field will be shortened for opposing defenses, which will make things harder for Brady. Sure, the team won Superbowls with no-name receivers earlier in the decade, but they had a very good defense back then, which isn't the case now. They'll miss Moss.

The Vikings, on the other hand, just got a whole lot better. (I'm sure Axl4Prez is smiling somewhere.) Imagine when Rice comes back and they have him on one side, Moss on the other, with Harvin in the slot, which is where he's better suited anyway ... along with Peterson in the backfield, that has the possibility to be a very dynamic offense.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: