Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:25:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 148033 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »

Terrell Owens is Misunderstood

http://simplysports.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=opinion&thread=38&page=1

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »

Possible bad news for the Colts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/19/report-bob-sanders-might-never-be-able-to-play-football-again/

Report: Bob Sanders might never be able to play football again
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 19, 2010 11:22 AM ET
Colts safety Bob Sanders said last month that he feels great and is excited about getting back on the field after playing just two games last season.

But Michael Lombardi of NFL.com reports that there are concerns that Sanders won't be able to get back onto the field at all.

According to Lombardi, there is some concern that Sanders might never be able to play football again, thanks to shoulder and bicep issues stemming from the ruptured bicep tendon that Sanders suffered last year. Although Sanders says he feels great, Lombardi says Sanders' rehab has been slow.

Lombardi also reports that Sanders "reduced his contract," but Lombardi provides no details. Sanders signed a five-year, $37 million contract with the Colts in 2007, and as of late in the 2009 season, Colts G.M. Bill Polian sounded comfortable with continuing to have Sanders playing under that contract, even though it's obviously disappointing to the Colts that Sanders has played just eight games the last two years.

Overall, Lombardi's report is a surprise -- it's surprising that there's so much concern about Sanders' health after he pronounced himself "great," surprising to hear that Sanders reduced his contract, and surprising that NFL.com buried such major news about a former Defensive Player of the Year in the final paragraph of an easy-to-overlook notes column.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5397434&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5397434

Source: Johnson joins cast of 'Survivor'

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

Former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson will appear on the CBS reality show "Survivor: Nicaragua" this fall, according to a source.

The 67-year-old Johnson, who was unavailable for comment, joins the show's 21st season this summer. The series has been taped in various exotic locations, including Panama, the Fiji Islands, Kenya and Brazil since it started in 2000. This year's show will tape in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.

Johnson, who won two Super Bowl titles with the Cowboys in the 1990s, will be grouped with strangers in an isolated area where contestants must complete challenges to win awards or immunity from getting kicked out of the game show.

Since retiring from the NFL as a head coach, Johnson has worked for Fox Sports as a pregame show analyst. The taping of Survivor is not expected to conflict with Johnson's job on Fox.

Several former Cowboys figures have been involved in popular television shows in retirement. Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin, part of "The Triplets" along with Troy Aikman who played for Johnson, competed in the ABC series "Dancing with the Stars."

Smith won the ballroom dance show in 2006. Irvin appeared on the show in 2009, but didn't win.

Former Cowboys quarterback Gary Hogeboom was a contestant on "Survivor: Guatemala," in 2005 and finished in seventh place.

In nine NFL seasons, with the Cowboys and Miami Dolphins, Johnson compiled an 80-64 record, which places him 49th on the all-time win list.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »

T.O. to the Bengals, and Pacman Jones signed last month.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »

I Defend Brett Favre

http://simplysports.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=opinion&thread=41

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5397434&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5397434

Source: Johnson joins cast of 'Survivor'

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

Former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson will appear on the CBS reality show "Survivor: Nicaragua" this fall, according to a source.

The 67-year-old Johnson, who was unavailable for comment, joins the show's 21st season this summer. The series has been taped in various exotic locations, including Panama, the Fiji Islands, Kenya and Brazil since it started in 2000. This year's show will tape in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.

Johnson, who won two Super Bowl titles with the Cowboys in the 1990s, will be grouped with strangers in an isolated area where contestants must complete challenges to win awards or immunity from getting kicked out of the game show.

Since retiring from the NFL as a head coach, Johnson has worked for Fox Sports as a pregame show analyst. The taping of Survivor is not expected to conflict with Johnson's job on Fox.

Several former Cowboys figures have been involved in popular television shows in retirement. Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin, part of "The Triplets" along with Troy Aikman who played for Johnson, competed in the ABC series "Dancing with the Stars."

Smith won the ballroom dance show in 2006. Irvin appeared on the show in 2009, but didn't win.

Former Cowboys quarterback Gary Hogeboom was a contestant on "Survivor: Guatemala," in 2005 and finished in seventh place.

In nine NFL seasons, with the Cowboys and Miami Dolphins, Johnson compiled an 80-64 record, which places him 49th on the all-time win list.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.

That is fuckin hilarious.  rofl

I have never watched survivor and probably never will, but jimmy johnson going on survivor is about the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

And on to my patriots. I am pretty impressed with Mr. Wes Welker's recovery. Damn impressed.

I know its camp but alot of optimism and praise is coming from the patriots core group of young players. With 24 picks over the last two years, it is exciting to think that a good amount of players drafted have lots of potential.

The patriots roster looks almost the same as last year so their success is going to depend on how their young players develop. The patriots will still win the division but struggle in the play-offs. I predict a 10-6 or 11-5 and I do believe that will be good enough to win the AFC east. The Jets are rising but  Sanchez is going to make mistakes and the jets are going to miss Thomas Jones. Rex Ryan has put a super bowl or bust mentality into this team but I am not buying into the hype. However, the Dolphins are different. I love ronnie brown and like how the development of Chad Henne is going. They already had a couple of decent wide recievers, now with Marshall there I think Henne is a year away. The Jets went out and seemed to pull a Dan Snyder and that is not the way you build a super bowl team. The Dolphins are doing it the right way.

I am personally worried about the Dolphins in 2011 when I believe they will start turning that corner and  be on the way to greatness. But hopefully by than all these potential filled young players for the pats will dominate.

GO PATS! smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2010, 01:09:28 AM »

My  wish for this season - Jets & Vikings ( with Favre)  in Super Bowl.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »

I haven't seen this discussed yet. What's everyone's thoughts on Revis holding out from Jets camp and possibly the whole season? I personally think the jets need to shut up and pay the man a huge guaranteed contract. He has definitely earned it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »

Im always on the players' side in the NFL. their careers can end instantly and their contracts aren't guaranteed.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »

Im always on the players' side in the NFL. their careers can end instantly and their contracts aren't guaranteed.

From what i've been reading the Jets offers have included very little guaranteed money which is what Revis' wants. Why not give it to him? He's shown he deserves it that he is the best corner in the game and deserves to be the highest paid.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »

From what i've been reading the Jets offers have included very little guaranteed money which is what Revis' wants. Why not give it to him? He's shown he deserves it that he is the best corner in the game and deserves to be the highest paid.

My understanding is that the Jets are willing to provide a guarantee so long they can first agree on the overall value of the contract.   Supposedly, Revis is at $160M and the Jets are at $120M (both 10 years).  I tend to be player-biased too, but on the other hand, Revis is using the Raiders' CB salary as his benchmark and I don't think it's fair for the Jets (or the rest of the league) to have what the Raiders do be some kind of barometer for market value.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:59:40 AM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

My understanding is that the Jets are willing to provide a guarantee so long they can first agree on the overall value of the contract.   Supposedly, Revis is at $160M and the Jets are at $120M (both 10 years).  I tend to be player-biased too, but on the other hand, Revis is using the Raiders' CB salary as his benchmark and I don't think it's fair for the Jets (or the rest of the league) to have what the Raiders do be some kind of barometer for market value.

Maybe not but the reality is that is the benchmark. Wether or not that guy in Oakland deserves that kinda money or not. Revis believes he should be the highest paid corner in the league and its hard to argue that. We've all seen how good he is.  I just want this to get done. We need this guy.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2010, 01:17:06 AM »

Revis is talking about QB money... He's not worth handicapping them with the unknown changes that the next CBA may bring. He has 3 years left on his contract, it's not like he's holding out with 1 year left.
They can win without him, and they may need that money to pay a QB in the future (whether that is Sanchez some time in the next 10 years or someone else). You can't win without a QB. Look at the Super Bowl Winners of this past decade: Brady, Brady, Brady, Rapistburger, Manning, Rapistburger, Lil Manning, Brees... only the Ravens and TB won with sub standard QB's and they had 2 of the best Defenses in recent memory. I think I'd take my chances saving that money for a QB and not a CB.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2010, 03:24:11 AM »

revis is good, but he is nowhere near as good as nnamdi asomugha from the raiders. the raiders use a ancient out of touch defense that hasnt worked since the the early 90's. you put revis in that d, & he will get exposed just like hall & everyone else that has came along. nobody ever throughs nnamdis way, thats why he doesnt have alot of int's! im not shitting on revis, & i do think nnamdi makes to much. (i think they all make to much). but nnamdi is one of the best to ever play that position!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

I don't care what the defensive scheme is. Revis has shut down every wideout he's lined up against. You can't make me believe the type of defense used would make a difference. The guy is flat out good.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »

i agree revis is good, but he is no nnamdi. the raiders dont get much tv exposure, not even on sportscenter. revis even said nnamdi is the best, & was begging the jets to trade for him. wasnt deangelo hall considered really good, & he was a joke in oakland. once again im not saying revis is no good, but nnamdi should be the highest paid. qb wont throw to his side.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2010, 01:49:24 AM »

Brett Favre is back smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »

Darrelle Revis rejoins Jets
ESPN.com news services

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Darrelle Revis has rejoined his New York Jets teammates after agreeing to a four-year deal and ending his holdout.

Revis took an early morning flight Monday from his home in South Florida and arrived at the Jets' training facility after 1 p.m. Safety James Ihedigbo says the team welcomed the All-Pro cornerback with a "Rudy clap" as he walked onto the practice field to greet his teammates.

More from ESPN.com, ESPNNewYork.com

Graham Darrelle Revis is the NFL's best at any position. And the Jets couldn't be taken seriously as Super Bowl contenders without him -- and knew it, writes ESPN.com's Tim Graham. Blog

O'Connor Until the small hours of Labor Day, Woody Johnson and the Jets had given us little more than their version of April Fool's Day over and over and over again, writes ESPNNewYork.com's Ian O'Connor. Story

Cimini The Jets haven't started the season yet but they're already 1-0 by winning a high-stakes game of poker with Revis and his agents, ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini writes. Story

Revis didn't practice with the team, but was expected to officially sign his deal -- worth $46 million, including $32 million guaranteed, according to sources -- later Monday. He'll likely practice Tuesday and be ready to play in the season opener next Monday night against Baltimore.

The deal was reached late Sunday night and ended Revis' 36-day holdout.

Under his old contract, Revis was due to make $21 million over the next three years, all of which was guaranteed until he didn't show up for training camp, voiding the guarantee. After a long holdout that resulted in $578,305 in fines, Revis secured $11 million in additional guarantees while committing an extra year to the team.

In a conference call to announce the agreement early Monday, Jets general manager Tannenbaum wouldn't say if Revis will be responsible for paying the fines. He called it an internal issue, adding Revis and coach Rex Ryan would discuss how to handle it.

"This is an intermediate step to what we hope will be an entire career of Darrelle as a Jet, for him to retire as a Jet and for him to hopefully go to the Hall of fame as a Jet," Tannenbaum said in an early-morning conference call with reporters.

Tannenbaum admitted that he explored possible trades for a cornerback over the weekend. While he did that, Ryan and owner Woody Johnson took a spur-of-the-moment trip to South Florida on Saturday afternoon to meet with Revis, his mother and his uncle, former NFL defensive lineman Sean Gilbert. Gilbert once sat out an entire season in a contract dispute with the Washington Redskins.

Ryan met most of Sunday with Gilbert and Revis. By the time the meeting ended, both sides felt that progress had been made and their differences could be bridged.

At that point, negotiations heated up between the Jets and Revis' New-York based agents.

"Those guys going down there was a huge step," Tannenbaum said.

Revis has a home in South Florida, which he went to last week after spending more than a week with family in his hometown, Aliquippa, Pa. Ryan and Revis have a good relationship, and the Jets were counting on Ryan's persuasiveness to change Revis' stance.

"I really wasn't optimistic, I really wasn't," Tannenbaum said. "It was a hard set of dynamics. I'm optimistic by nature, but gosh, this was really hard. There was a lot of heavy lifting. This honestly and truly was really, really hard."

Despite the upbeat meeting in Florida, the two sides didn't have "a significant breakthrough" until around 10 p.m., according to Tannenbaum. That's when they agreed to the length of the contract and the total amount.

With Revis still in Florida, Tannenbaum negotiated by phone with the cornerbacks' agents, with Johnson available on speaker phone. Asked to describe Ryan's reaction when the deal was finalized, Tannenbaum said, "I think I had to medicate the head coach."

Revis made $15 million in his first three seasons. He wanted to become the highest-paid cornerback in the league, seeking about $16 million per season. According to family members, he was angry at the organization because he believed it reneged on a promise to make him the highest-paid corner.

Initially, the Jets offered Revis a 10-year, $120 million contract and a four-year, $40 million deal, but there was only a small amount of guaranteed money in each proposal. Revis' agents countered by asking for $162 million over 10 years, with more than $40 million guaranteed.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini was used in this report.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »

Brett Favre is back smoking

I'm loving that more than you know...but...as a Vikings fan, my enthusiasm is extremely tempered. 

Positive:  Favre is back, 33td and 7ints in '09. 
Negative:  He'll be 41 this year and that kind of production can NOT be expected again.

Positive:  Peterson's there...bar-none, best rushing running back in the NFL when he's not fumbling.  Adrian will have a MONSTER year. 
Negative:  No backup at RB.  Gerhart?  Albert Young??  People keep talking about Brett...this team will lean on Adrian heavily...he's a battering ram of a runner and if he gets hurt, we're screwed.  Call Chester Taylor what you will, journeyman, backup, etc., but when he was in there he could move the chains and convert 3rd downs running and catching the ball out of the backfield. 

Our wide receivers are a mess.  Top wideout Sidney Rice is out for at LEAST half the season.  Harvin needs some Pamprin to go with his headaches. 

Our starting corner (who btw is a rookie) just tore a meniscus...he'll be out while Lito Sheppard moves into the starting slot...we traded Bennie Sapp (a cornerback) just before that happened to land Greg Camarillo from Miami.

Sage was traded so tarvaris is officially the backup qb. 

On a positive note, at least Joe Webb moved up from 4th string qb to 3rd.  Love, love, love this guy's athleticism!  Just youtube Joe Webb and you'll see what I mean.  This guy is electric!

btw, I think Houshmandzadeh is overrated.  Cheap addition for the Ravens so I won't fault them for grabbing him.

Dez Bryant is underrated.  I'm telling you guys, he could put up double-digit touchdowns this season.  Dallas will be extremely hard to stop come the regular season.  If Austin draws the #1 corner, Dez will destroy.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

With the kickoff to the regular season just a day away, how 'bout some predictions for this upcoming year?

AFC
Colts
Patriots
Chargers
Ravens
Bengals--- wildcard
Texans---- wildcard

NFC
Packers
Cowboys
Saints
49ers