Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:37:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD/Apple transformation!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD/Apple transformation!  (Read 8582 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 23, 2010, 06:53:38 AM »

For any of you who have a regular mp3 player and love Chinese Democracy, i would advise you to buy an Apple Ipod Classic. Its totally worth the money.
I bought one yesterday, and it totally alters the way you listen to CD.

Its even better then the cd experience! You can hear all the sounds at the same time, all the guitars and solos, i just love it. It even looks like a different cd!

You should really invest on that, you'll hear CD like you've never heard!

Mods if you feel like this is not the right section, please move. I just can't help but to share this. Yesterday i spent my night listening to the whole cd on my new ipod until 4 am, just cause it sounded beautifuly and it totally changed my perspective on the way they mastered it.

And believe me, i had a great mp3 player, a sony one with 16gbs. But this one, it changes all your perspectives about Chinese Democracy, and even Appetite or the illusions album sound so great, its like revisiting brand new GNR albums! ok

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:05:36 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »

I hope you're not using the earphones that come with it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »

Oddly enough I currently have a Creative Zen... but I'm planning to buy a 160GB iPod on Friday! Will let you know if I hear any differences!

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »

You should convert your GNR Stuff with Apple Lossless

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:50:49 AM »

Oddly enough I currently have a Creative Zen... but I'm planning to buy a 160GB iPod on Friday! Will let you know if I hear any differences!

thats the one i was gonna buy, but bear in mind that that costs about 200 and something euros / dollars. And you can buy the 120gbs one for 100 euros / dollars less.

Mine cost about 149 euros. and 120gbs is more than enough, at least for me.

Its a great buy believe me.
Im still learning to put the songs in it because they keep deleting themselves when i do the sync thing, ill probably need to set it up manually, but im not sure why it happens.

Yesterday i had like 20 albums and they all disapeared! Probably i pressed the wrong button or something like that on itunes, but i managed to put the gnr and vr albums again, i have to put the rest when i get home, its totally worth buying though.

@Jarmo- yes im using the earphones that come with it, what would you suggest?

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »

I had a creative Zen before. Believe me, you're gonna be amazed with the Ipod sound!

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 09:14:24 AM »

Yesterday i had like 20 albums and they all disapeared! Probably i pressed the wrong button or something like that on itunes, but i managed to put the gnr and vr albums again, i have to put the rest when i get home, its totally worth buying though.

You didn't press the wrong button, it will happen again .. you can't have GNR and vr albums on the same iPod .. didn't you read the manual?

.. veljco
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »

You didn't press the wrong button, it will happen again .. you can't have GNR and vr albums on the same iPod .. didn't you read the manual?

.. veljco
hihi

I bought a160gb Ipod last year and I have 8000 songs stored (1450 are GNR Albums and Bootlegs and off course no VR in my Ipod)  and the Osaka 2009 and Rock am Rong show in Video format and still 97Gb free that's insane it's too much space
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:27:20 AM »

ha!  rofl I thinK Apple Axl jumped of the stage and attacked Apple Slash and Apple Duff who were watching the show with guitar and bass on hand  hihi

.. veljco

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »

I think because Chinese Democracy has so many layers of sounds on the tracks that if you listen to them on different players you'll notice different parts come to the fore, I've noticed this. If you mess about with your equalizer you'll find the same thing!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

@Jarmo- yes im using the earphones that come with it, what would you suggest?

worth a look http://www.headphone.com/selection-guide/10-best-headphones.php

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 09:52:57 AM »

I had a creative Zen before. Believe me, you're gonna be amazed with the Ipod sound!

If you have the creative Zen, carry a pin everywhere you go!  Them things need to be reset all the time.
I currently have an 8GB Philips MP3.  Gets the job done.
Don't think id ever buy an IPOD cos i break everything within 5 - 7 months  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com
Thanks to everyone of you for that free publicity!

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 11:46:03 AM »

cd already sounds super on my pc, car stereo and others

but if ipod makes difference, i gotta try. is it just ipod classic? or will ipod shuffle or nano do?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 11:53:50 AM »

Things will keep automatically disappearing if you have the automatic sync thing enabled.

Then your iPod will only have the same music as your iTunes library.

How to managen content manually.

I would also suggest spending some money on good earphones.... It'll make a bigger difference.

Have you noticed how the earphones that came with it don't weigh anything.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »

cd already sounds super on my pc, car stereo and others

but if ipod makes difference, i gotta try. is it just ipod classic? or will ipod shuffle or nano do?

Generally apple ipods sound better than normal ipods, however the shuffle one is kinda of crappy comparing to the other ones. Dunno about the Nano one, never tried it.

You should definitely get the classic one, the 120gbs classic one is almost the same price as a nano with almost less 100gbs difference. I would definitely go for the classic one.

And believe me! It really sounds like a different cd on every song, its like you're listening to an alternate version of CD.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:59 PM »

Things will keep automatically disappearing if you have the automatic sync thing enabled.

Then your iPod will only have the same music as your iTunes library.

How to managen content manually.

I would also suggest spending some money on good earphones.... It'll make a bigger difference.

Have you noticed how the earphones that came with it don't weigh anything.....

/jarmo

true! they look cheap, but i think for the most part they sound great, i mean it sounds better than any mp3 player or ipod iv had in the past, i had top ones.

iv had a samsung, a creative zen, a sony one, apple shuffle, you name it lol

but many thanks for the manual instructions, i was wondering how to do that since i had already set it up to sync it automaticly. Im still a newbie with Apple. I had an Ipod Shuffle and i exchange it in the store because of that same problem, and no one could tell me that it was actually from the sync, so i thought the ipod was ruined and they gave me another mp3 player from another brand in exchange lol

Ill also give it a try on some new headphones when i get my salary this month, it should even get better, thank you for the ear phones guide Lou!  ok
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:06:56 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »

"I had top ones"? Which ones?

To me this sounds like nothing but the placebo effect, or rather the Apple effect... If it's got an apple on the side it's pure gold!!! I've listened to a lot of records, including CD, on various platforms, and every setup sounds different. Some sound actually better, and some sound somewhat worse. Others just different. But in no case has the actual iPod player had a big role in sound quality. I'm willing to listen though if there is some evidence to actually back this up.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »

"I had top ones"? Which ones?

To me this sounds like nothing but the placebo effect, or rather the Apple effect... If it's got an apple on the side it's pure gold!!! I've listened to a lot of records, including CD, on various platforms, and every setup sounds different. Some sound actually better, and some sound somewhat worse. Others just different. But in no case has the actual iPod player had a big role in sound quality. I'm willing to listen though if there is some evidence to actually back this up.

I wish i had a way to show it, but im afraid thats impossible. If you know anyone with an Apple Ipod classic, asked them to put cd in it and then listen to it, You'll understand.

Im not saying the cd is different, im just saying you'll hear the background sounds much betterm the sound is more clean and powerful at the same time, and the guitars are also more clear.

But the again as you said, and its true.. it varies from players to players. Apple has been the best one since though.

Iv had sonys, creatives, samsungs etc... and none of them came close!

As for the Apple effect, i have to say that that its not the case, i was very reluctant to buy an apple ipod. I had the apple shuffle one, which btw i only used it one day... i got so annoyed with itunes deleting my songs (because i didnt know how to sync them manualy) that i told myself i would never buy an Ipod again. So after that iv had like 2 different Mp3 players.

The only reason that got me to try Apple again, was because this ipod has like 120gbs, so i though i would just buy an Ipod for all my life  hihi i will never have to buy ipods or mp3 players again, unless something bad happens to it, Im not gonna need to delete songs to put others either. That was the main reason.

However when i listened to CD i was really amazed! i stood up all night listening to the CD, like it was the first time iv ever heard it, and i never felt more excited about cd then now
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:37:33 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »

I hope you're not using the earphones that come with it....

/jarmo

Exactly. My earphones are more expensive than my Ipod, which is something leading to much better sound quality than the sort of mp3 player you are using.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: