Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228134 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR TSHIRTS and airport security
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR TSHIRTS and airport security  (Read 9480 times)
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »

My five-year-old daughter who did not set off the metal detector when walking through the control was anyway pulled aside and searched.  confused I understood that they took a random every 10th passenger or so to check them more thoroughly.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »

I wouldn't worry. I have worn a gnr shirt on every flight I have made. I have never been hassled in anyway. I think Jarmo is right about that tee though. I would stay away from the grenade one.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »

I wouldn't worry. I have worn a gnr shirt on every flight I have made. I have never been hassled in anyway. I think Jarmo is right about that tee though. I would stay away from the grenade one.

So THAT'S why his luggage was "lost."

It's all coming together now.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 05:04:21 AM »

Coming back across the border to the U.S., me and my friend were asked what we were doing in Canada. We told them we came up for the GnR show in Toronto (we had "AXL RULZ!" written on the back window). He took the car keys and tore the trunk apart searching our shit while other cars seemed to be more or less flashing their passports and cruising right on through other checkpoints. Afterwards, we joked that it was because of the whole GnR thing, thinking it was cool that the mere mention of Guns n' Fuckin' Roses warranted a more thorough search of our vehicle. At the time, we really were just kidding, but now.... Roll Eyes

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 05:37:15 AM »

I have an airport security story?

in 2008 on my honeymoon, we went to Mauritius via Paris from London heathrow. A week into the honeymoon, I found a pair of big, fuck off kitchen scissors in my carry on luggage that i hadn't realised were in there. I had gone through 3 major airport security without being stopped, all the time not knowing I was carrying a 'weapon'. Jesus, at security checkpoints even mothers were being told to taste their baby's food but somehow I got through.

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 08:16:37 AM »

So THAT'S why his luggage was "lost."

It's all coming together now.

Yeah and thats why I keep telling him I only carry on. lol

amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

Coming back across the border to the U.S., me and my friend were asked what we were doing in Canada. We told them we came up for the GnR show in Toronto (we had "AXL RULZ!" written on the back window). He took the car keys and tore the trunk apart searching our shit while other cars seemed to be more or less flashing their passports and cruising right on through other checkpoints. Afterwards, we joked that it was because of the whole GnR thing, thinking it was cool that the mere mention of Guns n' Fuckin' Roses warranted a more thorough search of our vehicle. At the time, we really were just kidding, but now.... Roll Eyes

Long-haired, pot-smoking hooligans always get the extra attention.
killingfield
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 07:46:11 PM »

I have two stories that involve GnR.

1) When I went to see GnR in Calgary from SD I was wearing my Megadeth shirt. So the lady asks me
"Whats the reason for coming to Canada?"
"I came for a concert?"
"Really? who's playing?"
"GnR. It's tomorrow"
"Do you have a ticket for the show?"
"Yeah" (showed her the ticket)
"Where are you staying until tomorro?"
"IONO"
"Do you know anyone here?"
"Nope, but I'm meeting people from the forums tomorrow at some bar"
"Forums?"
"Yeah, GnR forums...mmm...people from the internet"
"You're a brave man, you can go"
"Thanks"

the lady was mean, but really hot

2) My english teacher had it against me because I was wearing a GnR AFD shirt to school that she deemed inappropriate. She sent me to the principals office and we were talking about GnR, said he had no problem with the shirt, but told me not to wear it to her class. So what do I do? I wore it the next day to her class XD
Annie
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »

1) When I went to see GnR in Calgary from SD I was wearing my Megadeth shirt. So the lady asks me
"I came for a concert?"
"Really? who's playing?"
"GnR. It's tomorrow"
"IONO"
"Forums?"
"Thanks"

2) My english teacher had it against me because I was wearing a GnR AFD shirt to school that she deemed inappropriate. She sent me to the principals office and we were talking about GnR, said he had no problem with the shirt, but told me not to wear it to her class. So what do I do? I wore it the next day to her class XD
You are my hero! I've been rocking dress codes since I was 13. This is a little off topic, but do you think the luggage handlers would abuse a Hello Kitty suitcase for the hell of it? I'm only asking because I bought this super cute Hello Kitty suitcase and I'm afraid it will get dirty!  hihi Yes I'm an idiot for buying in on ebay from Japan. hihi That would be a combo though, a girl with a GNR shirt with a Hello Kitty suitcase.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »

but told me not to wear it to her class.

sounds like the principal was scared of the english teacher hihi
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »

Do you think that wearing a GNR tshirt on an airplane increases your chances of getting a more intense search by airport security? My Mom thinks it does. When we were flying home from London a few years ago I was wearing a cute GNR cherub Tee that I had purchased, and I had my bag searched and was patted down. I didn't set off the metal detector and My Mom thought it was because of the shirt. I'm usually totally ignored by them. Any thoughts? Experiences? Should I wear a GNR shirt on my next trip to see what happens?
Well I think they were just looking for drugs.
Because you know that all the terrorist wear GNR! hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Annie
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »

Do you think that wearing a GNR tshirt on an airplane increases your chances of getting a more intense search by airport security? My Mom thinks it does. When we were flying home from London a few years ago I was wearing a cute GNR cherub Tee that I had purchased, and I had my bag searched and was patted down. I didn't set off the metal detector and My Mom thought it was because of the shirt. I'm usually totally ignored by them. Any thoughts? Experiences? Should I wear a GNR shirt on my next trip to see what happens?
Well I think they were just looking for drugs.
Because you know that all the terrorist wear GNR! hihi
It was probably random. hihi That shirt brought me good luck. We were totally surprised to be upgraded to business class.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 05:16:20 AM »

Ha, when I was coming back from Toronto, Canada, as I was coming through the body scanner wearing my GN'R Asia / Canada tour date shirt. One of the airport staff who was tending to the baggage scanner said to me " Well did you go to the concert then " and I was like " Of course thats why I came to Canada " and she laughed.

It was one of those moments when everyone's looking at each other before they get on the plane.  hihi

Then when I landed at Heathrow London, It hit me that she probably thought I was mad for flying halfway across the world for a concert. Which also reminds me of the hounding Canadian Immigration gave me when I arrived, when I told them the reason I was in Canada as well.  hihi

Lee

Same here! Security told me he wished he could've gone but unfortunately they/he had to work :p
On my way in to canada they wanted to know all about what I was going to do as well. When I told them I was there for guns we talked a bit about them. Conversation ended quickly when she said she couldn't get the annoying (?!) new tune out of her head. Oh well, at least they play guns on the radio then..

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:08 AM »

Ha, when I was coming back from Toronto, Canada, as I was coming through the body scanner wearing my GN'R Asia / Canada tour date shirt. One of the airport staff who was tending to the baggage scanner said to me " Well did you go to the concert then " and I was like " Of course thats why I came to Canada " and she laughed.

It was one of those moments when everyone's looking at each other before they get on the plane.  hihi

Then when I landed at Heathrow London, It hit me that she probably thought I was mad for flying halfway across the world for a concert. Which also reminds me of the hounding Canadian Immigration gave me when I arrived, when I told them the reason I was in Canada as well.  hihi

Lee

Same here! Security told me he wished he could've gone but unfortunately they/he had to work :p
On my way in to canada they wanted to know all about what I was going to do as well. When I told them I was there for guns we talked a bit about them. Conversation ended quickly when she said she couldn't get the annoying (?!) new tune out of her head. Oh well, at least they play guns on the radio then..

Well I thought I got a bit of a hounding when I went to Vegas in 2006 for the 2 Vegas shows at the Joint. But the Canadian immigration totally ripped me a new one. I even offered to show him my ticket, but he declined  hihi, but he seemed to calm down a bit when I said to him you should be able to see the stamp inside my passport from my Vegas trip.

But after I got him off my back, I thought all I had to do was walk out into the main airport area. But low and behold, there was another security check point in which the female officer, says to me " you have no luggage, why is that ? ", and I just said " yes I only have my backpack because I'm staying a few days to see GN'R.

But it was all worth it because GN'R rocked like hell.  love

Lee
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:07:05 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 11:56:04 AM »

maybe those securities liked your tees so that they stopped you.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »

haha I had to take of my shirt once. Wasn't a guns shirt though. It said 'I'm so fucking happy'. Was in London (stansted)

killingfield
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 01:09:10 AM »

"I came for a concert?"
"Really? who's playing?"
"GnR. It's tomorrow"
"IONO"
"Forums?"
"Thanks"

You are my hero! I've been rocking dress codes since I was 13. This is a little off topic, but do you think the luggage handlers would abuse a Hello Kitty suitcase for the hell of it? I'm only asking because I bought this super cute Hello Kitty suitcase and I'm afraid it will get dirty!  hihi Yes I'm an idiot for buying in on ebay from Japan. hihi That would be a combo though, a girl with a GNR shirt with a Hello Kitty suitcase.

haha, I honestly don't think they would do that, I mean we are talking about Hello Kitty, the most harmless and probably cutest character for girls you know? Unless....they used her to spread the viruses  nervous Whenever you go to the airport wear your GnR shirt and carry your luggage. Then look for anyone named Jack, scream really loud from far away "Hi!!! Jack."  I'm sure people would get the lol's from that Cheesy

Smiley
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 03:44:22 AM »

I remember this one ocassion when band-shirts we're banned from school, I think it started when someone had one with a masturbating nun.

A group of people wanted to fuck the dresscode and wore Backstreet Boys bandshirts the next day.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »

I mean we are talking about Hello Kitty, the most harmless and probably cutest character for girls you know?

extremes meet.

some say she is up to her conquest of the world.
http://www.kittyhell.com/2009/12/05/hello-kitty-bombs-in-boxes/

its not like she and GN'R have nothing in common.  Cool
Annie
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »

I mean we are talking about Hello Kitty, the most harmless and probably cutest character for girls you know?

extremes meet.

some say she is up to her conquest of the world.
http://www.kittyhell.com/2009/12/05/hello-kitty-bombs-in-boxes/

its not like she and GN'R have nothing in common.  Cool
I love that www.hellokittyhell.com website. That guy has unintentionally introduced me to some of the best Hello Kitty stuff ever!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: