Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228134 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR TSHIRTS and airport security
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR TSHIRTS and airport security  (Read 9473 times)
Annie
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »

Do you think that wearing a GNR tshirt on an airplane increases your chances of getting a more intense search by airport security? My Mom thinks it does. When we were flying home from London a few years ago I was wearing a cute GNR cherub Tee that I had purchased, and I had my bag searched and was patted down. I didn't set off the metal detector and My Mom thought it was because of the shirt. I'm usually totally ignored by them. Any thoughts? Experiences? Should I wear a GNR shirt on my next trip to see what happens?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:30:18 AM »

lol

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »

Yes, you should wear one at your next trip.

Report back here afterwards.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:42:08 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:40:22 AM »

wear a GNR t shirt and have a ticking clock in your hand luggage.

Im sure security would see the funny side.

Lou
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »

wear a GNR t shirt and have a ticking clock in your hand luggage.

Im sure security would see the funny side.

lol  rofl - Don't put ideas in my head! I now have an unbelievable urge to do that! I do it and get into shit because of it... I'm blaming you fieldsy! lol  Wink

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »

lol GNR are explosive Tongue

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »

I try not to wear my How Are You? grenade shirt when flying.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »

Ha, when I was coming back from Toronto, Canada, as I was coming through the body scanner wearing my GN'R Asia / Canada tour date shirt. One of the airport staff who was tending to the baggage scanner said to me " Well did you go to the concert then " and I was like " Of course thats why I came to Canada " and she laughed.

It was one of those moments when everyone's looking at each other before they get on the plane.  hihi

Then when I landed at Heathrow London, It hit me that she probably thought I was mad for flying halfway across the world for a concert. Which also reminds me of the hounding Canadian Immigration gave me when I arrived, when I told them the reason I was in Canada as well.  hihi

Lee
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:43:33 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »

Ha, when I was coming back from Toronto, Canada, as I was coming through the body scanner wearing my GN'R Asia / Canada tour date shirt. One of the airport staff who was tending to the baggage scanner said to me " Well did you go to the concert then " and I was like " Of course thats why I came to Canada " and she laughed.

It was one of those moments when everyone's looking at each other before they get on the plane.  hihi

Then when I landed at Heathrow London, It hit me that she probably thought I was mad for flying halfway across the world for a concert. Which also reminds me of the hounding Canadian Immigration gave me when arrived, when I told them why I was in Canada as well.  hihi

Lee

Now theres a fan!

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Annie
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »

/jarmo
That could be a potentially funny youtube video. Or an international incident. hihi
Annie
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »

Then when I landed at Heathrow London, It hit me that she probably thought I was mad for flying halfway across the world for a concert. Which also reminds me of the hounding Canadian Immigration gave me when arrived, when I told them why I was in Canada as well.  hihi

Lee

Now theres a fan!
+2. I would have done the exact same thing!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »

/jarmo
That could be a potentially funny youtube video. Or an international incident. hihi

i can't see it giving you any trouble tho Sad

and a cute GNR cherub Tee?
i think they had to keep themselves busy even when there was no suspicious passenger and picked you out at random.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 11:12:26 AM »

Do you think that wearing a GNR tshirt on an airplane increases your chances of getting a more intense search by airport security? My Mom thinks it does. When we were flying home from London a few years ago I was wearing a cute GNR cherub Tee that I had purchased, and I had my bag searched and was patted down. I didn't set off the metal detector and My Mom thought it was because of the shirt. I'm usually totally ignored by them. Any thoughts? Experiences? Should I wear a GNR shirt on my next trip to see what happens?

ah . . . no. they are not going to search you for wearing such a shirt. your mom has no idea what she's talking about (no offense).

now if you wear a "heretodaygonetohell" t-shirt . . .
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »

or a "heretodaygonetohell" tank top, even more dangerous...
Annie
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »

ah . . . no. they are not going to search you for wearing such a shirt. your mom has no idea what she's talking about (no offense).

No offence taken. What about my shirt with M16's and long stemmed roses inside the guns? It's not an official GNR shirt, but it does have guns and roses. hihi
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »

/jarmo

Ha! that shirt would be perfect to travel with  rofl
Is that shirt for sale already?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:34 PM »

Yeah, I got mine last year....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 01:03:29 PM »

Yeah, I got mine last year....

/jarmo

Oops  hihi Im gonna buy one then

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

You won't have any problems.

I specifically wore a GN'R shirt when I flew to NY last year.  We had a layover in St. Louis, and I HAD to flip off a St. Louis sign wearing a GN'R shirt.

You probably got a pat down because the inspector dude/lady wanted to feel you up.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »

No offence taken. What about my shirt with M16's and long stemmed roses inside the guns? It's not an official GNR shirt, but it does have guns and roses. hihi

I doubt TSA looks at the shirt you're wearing - it's more random and whether you might be acting sketchy.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: