Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Once Again, Guns N' Roses Are Considered To Be A "Hot Tour" Act.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Once Again, Guns N' Roses Are Considered To Be A "Hot Tour" Act.  (Read 3442 times)
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« on: February 18, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-elton-john-billy-joel-m%C3%B6tley-1004068764.story?tag=hpfeed#/events/hot-tours-elton-john-billy-joel-m%C3%B6tley-1004068764.story?tag=hpfeed

Elton John & Billy Joel's Face 2 Face Tour ranks at the top of the latest Hot Tours tally based on two performances at Seattle's KeyArena on Feb. 3 and 6.  The shows were make-up dates originally scheduled for last November but postponed due to John taking ill.  Both concerts were sellouts with a combined total of $3.7 million in box office grosses.  27,605 fans attended the two sold out performances.

Veteran rock band M?tley Cr?e is second among the current list of Hot Tours based on totals from its Dead of Winter Canadian Tour that played 10 cities during January and February.  Totals from eight of those concerts were reported during the past week with an overall gross of $2.8 million ($3 million Canadian) earned at the box office.  Of those eight shows, the top attendance came at Edmonton's Rexall Place, home arena for the NHL's Oilers.  The Jan. 27 event produced over half-a-million Canadian dollars in gross ticket sales.  The band's short Canadian trek follows a busy 2009 on the road beginning with last year's Saints of Los Angeles Tour in North America and Europe as well as the second consecutive summer Cr?e Fest Tour that played July through September.

Guns N' Roses lands at No. 3 in the rankings based on box office totals from the Canadian leg of its Chinese Democracy World Tour.  With six venues submitting totals during the most recent reporting period, combined grosses topped $2.6 million (over $2.7 million Canadian).  The 17,500-seat arena Rexall Place in Edmonton produced the band's top gross and attendance on Jan. 17 just as it did for M?tley Cr?e 10 days later.

GUNS N' ROSES
$2,681,795
Jan. 16-Feb. 4
Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary (1/0)
Rexall Place, Edmonton (1/0)
Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (1/0)
Brandt Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan (1/0)
Moncton Coliseum, Moncton, New Brunswick (1/0)
Halifax Metro Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia (1/0)
34,761 (44,380)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:58:33 PM by NewGNRnOldGNR » Logged

SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »

Motley Crue is at 2!!  Lips Sealed

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »

Motley Crue is at 2!!  Lips Sealed

They landed at #2, but had eight venues submitting totals, whereas GN'R had six venues submitting totals.  It's not an apples to apples comparison between the two, in other words.

Ali
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »

the Crue grossed $200,000 more, but that was based on 2 more shows. so CLEARLY, GnR is outselling the Crue (since those 2 additional shows would put GnR well over $2.8M).

that is impressive!  ok

this is just further evidence of how successful that Canadian tour was. and Asia was successful, South America is looking like a massive success. sure seems like a very positive trend to me.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »

Guns N' Roses lands at No. 3 in the rankings based on box office totals from the Canadian leg of its Chinese Democracy World Tour.  With six venues submitting totals during the most recent reporting period, combined grosses topped $2.6 million (over $2.7 million Canadian).  The 17,500-seat arena Rexall Place in Edmonton produced the band's top gross and attendance on Jan. 17 just as it did for M?tley Cr?e 10 days later.

Toronto was sold out with 21,000?

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

Toronto did not have 21,000 nor was it sold out. The Toronto Sun took the maximum capacity for their review, not the end stage capacity. And there were a few empty seats. I'd say 95% sold and whatever the capacity for end stage is. It was a great show regardless.

Notice that Motley has bigger cities helping their numbers. Add Montreal and Quebec for GN'R and they'd likely come out on top since they're neck and neck with two fewer shows.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »

I like it when everything goes well

Nothing to say
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »

I think with news like this, along with the positive reviews the shows are getting, a lot of haters are going to break down and give this band an honest listen. It's a shame that a lot of people need to feel like it's "okay" to like something before they give it a thumbs up, but it's sadly true. Personally, i say fuck 'em, but it would be nice if more people realized how great this band and the new music is. People don't like to admit they were wrong, but i have a feeling a lot of people are going to be saying that about GnR (of course, they'll only be saying it to themselves probably). Fuck 'em -- they're the ones who've been missing out, not us.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »

"Crue" tix were given away on ticketmaster for free for both Calgary and Alberta.  On top of that they had a 4 pack for $100.  Whatever number is being reported is fudged, or based on sponsor tix sales not real ones. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:43:57 PM »

Whatever people think about GN'R they all know that in a live environment, they are phenomenal. When you're at a GN'R show, look around and you will see people from all different walks of life. It's another thing thats special about GN'R, the audience can span from old school rockers, to people in business suits.

beer

Lee
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »

"Crue" tix were given away on ticketmaster for free for both Calgary and Alberta.  On top of that they had a 4 pack for $100.  Whatever number is being reported is fudged, or based on sponsor tix sales not real ones. 

calgary is a city in alberta, the province
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 10:53:25 PM »

Motely Crue = A good, solid, party rock band
Guns N Roses = A prolific  and epic band lead by the greatest frontmen in the history of rock. An explosive and volatile band that teeters on the threshold between chaos and order, rage and beauty.

Motley Crue = leopard spandex, Sunset Strip, hairspray, cliche lyrics, predictable riffs, get-drunk-and-raise-your-plastic, red-Dixie-cup-of-beer-in-the-air-party-band, good vocal range, but limited in style and versatility, soul-less,

Guns N Roses = Epic, Genius, Grandeur, Sleezy party/stripper rock, blues-based hard rock, straight hair, bandanas, flannels, phenomenal vocal range with unparalleled style and versatility, rasp, soulful, scratch, gravel, screech, or smooth as silk, demonic low or primal banshee shatter-glass high,

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »

Guns N Roses = A prolific  and epic band lead by the greatest frontmen in the history of rock. An explosive and volatile band that teeters on the threshold between chaos and order, rage and beauty.

Motley Crue = leopard spandex, Sunset Strip, hairspray, cliche lyrics, predictable riffs, get-drunk-and-raise-your-plastic, red-Dixie-cup-of-beer-in-the-air-party-band, good vocal range, but limited in style and versatility, soul-less,

Guns N Roses = Epic, Genius, Grandeur, Sleezy party/stripper rock, blues-based hard rock, straight hair, bandanas, flannels, phenomenal vocal range with unparalleled style and versatility, rasp, soulful, scratch, gravel, screech, or smooth as silk, demonic low or primal banshee shatter-glass high,

well said!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:42 PM »

calgary is a city in alberta, the province

I'm pretty sure he meant Edmonton.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »

Looking at the Quebec and Montreal shows (reported earlier) that adds like a million to GNR's total and greatly ups attendance as well... kinda leaves Motley Crue in the dust. Well not that far off but still.  peace
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:32 AM »

Yep me too, and nice to see the South American shows are starting to sell out
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »

I got into the Crue back in high school in the 80s when they first came out. And I got into GnR when they first came out. And I agree with the above post. The Crue are (& always were) what they are -- a fun party rock band; caricatures of the rock n' roll lifestyle. And there's nothing wrong with that. I still rock out to the Crue and have a good time, but I don't really expect any more from them than that.
On the other hand, right from the start, you just knew GnR was something special, and had the potential to go so far beyond any other band of that era (not that they didn't have their own rock n' roll lifestyle thing going on, too). You just knew there was much more substance with this band, and you expected more from them. And as the years have gone on, the music has backed that up. "Chinese Democracy" just takes it even farther, and with the current lineup kicking ass live the way they are and having so much fun performing together, it's obvious the band will continue to evolve and create more incredible music.
I've always set the bar higher far GnR, knowing what they are capable of, and they continue to surpass my expectations. I can't wait to see them in concert again!  They'll always be a "hot tour act" for me!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »

Yep me too, and nice to see the South American shows are starting to sell out

All in due time and maybe now IS the time ?.....
After years and years, everything seems to fit in. And everyone too.

Nothing to say
Lesley
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »

From Billboard...

Guns N' Roses lands at No. 3 in the rankings based on box office totals from the Canadian leg of its Chinese Democracy World Tour. ...

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-elton-john-billy-joel-m%C3%B6tley-1004068764.story?tag=hpfeed#/events/hot-tours-elton-john-billy-joel-m%C3%B6tley-1004068764.story?tag=hpfeed

These totals are from only six of the venues.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: