Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  'SLASH' The Album - Reviews
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'SLASH' The Album - Reviews  (Read 56887 times)
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »

Where did you get that Review AxlReznor? any link?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 02:45:53 AM »

It's his own review
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »

Slash - Slash

(Roadrunner) UK release date: 10 May 2010

Apart from the inevitable and unnecessary Chinese Democracy comparisons, Slash is already getting some flak from diehard fans. How could he invite Maroon 5's Adam Levine or Fergie to appear on his new solo album?

But this is a guy who has performed with countless artists out of his genre including Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder. He is not ashamed to call himself a "music whore".

The top hat-wearing guitar hero has gingerly handpicked a diverse palette of vocalists to accompany each of the 16 tracks and contribute to the lyrics, while he takes care of the riffs. Written mostly during the last Velvet Revolver tour, Slash offers a mix of rock, blues, metal and even pop with a little help from his friends. While his guitar gently cries its iconic wail, Nine Inch Nails drummer Josh Freese and ex-Jane's Addiction bassist Chris Chaney take care of the rhythm section. Yet the iconoclastic guitarist is careful to never upstage his guests.

Continue here: http://www.musicomh.com/albums/slash_0310.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »

nice review AR!
agree with most of the things said, but I DO like Myles Kennedy's singing. I first had this 'He could better sing some soulless Nickelback'-feeling, but the man is such a great technical singer! and the Axl comparison is a bit easy, he doesn't really 'scream'... he's maybe better compared to lots of heavy metal singers from 85-90 IMO

All in all, a great album with all songs (incl Nothing to say) growing on me. seriously no bad ones, though Chains & Shackles needs to grow some more... Wink

Oh, and AR: Mustaine's shit?! come on!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 06:25:54 PM »

I agree with AR's review for the most part. But I like MK's voice.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

I need to gargle, eat a mint, and then step on a landmine to get that taste out of my mouth...this is "not good enough for VR" material.  THANK YOU AXL for resisting this CRAP...and I really hoped I would like it.  Sad.  I don't know if embarrassing is too far, but it came to mind.

I guess Slash is Slash, and thats why he is where he is.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:53:01 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 01:05:26 AM »

I need to gargle, eat a mint, and then step on a landmine to get that taste out of my mouth...this is "not good enough for VR" material.  THANK YOU AXL for resisting this CRAP...and I really hoped I would like it.  Sad.  I don't know if embarrassing is too far, but it came to mind.

Yes, Slash is Slash, the last huge rock guitar hero.  Well I guess him and Zakk were the last two.  Sucks to be Slash...   Roll Eyes
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »

you mean in the same legend category as Jimmy Page and Joe Perry?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 01:11:01 AM »

thats exactly what he means.  smoking
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 01:23:49 AM »

I think he has moved infront of even Joe Perry....  Slash's name is not out of place with the following.... (Page, Beck, Clapton, Hendrix, Slash, Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Angus Young)  I am not saying Slash is better than those guys, but he definately has earned his place among them.... 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 02:34:14 AM »

i think thats overstating it

i'll have a review of the album in a few days.  want to listen a couple more times and take a lil more time
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 03:36:43 AM »

Please post your own reviews in this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59517.0 thread, and leave this thread for professional reviews.

Fuck 'Em All.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 05:01:24 AM »

are you really that out of touch??  Exactly how many of his peers and critics have to refer to the guy as "legendary guitarist" for him to be considered a legend in your eyes?  How many millions of records does the guy have to sell?  How many players have to say how they have been inspired by him?   Go pick up a Guitar World and learn something.  The thing is I know you are just saying things like that to get a rise out of people and here I go giving you exactly what you want.  Your jealousy or animosity or whatever your deal is towards Slash is really pathetic at this point.  Why even bother posting a review of the album? nobody here is going to take it seriously.   
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:02:58 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 05:08:23 AM »

I think he has moved infront of even Joe Perry....  Slash's name is not out of place with the following.... (Page, Beck, Clapton, Hendrix, Slash, Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Angus Young)  I am not saying Slash is better than those guys, but he definately has earned his place among them.... 

absolutely.  He is on their level, who you prefer in that group all comes down to personal preference, they are all great in their own way.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 05:09:59 AM »

are you really that out of touch??  Exactly how many of his peers and critics have to refer to the guy as "legendary guitarist" for him to be considered a legend in your eyes?  How many millions of records does the guy have to sell?  How many players have to say how they have been inspired by him?   Go pick up a Guitar World and learn something.  The thing is I know you are just saying things like that to get a rise out of people and here I go giving you exactly what you want.  Your jealousy or animosity or whatever your deal is towards Slash is really pathetic at this point.  Why even bother posting a review of the album? nobody here is going to take it seriously.   

if you don't like my posts, you are free to skip over them

i'm not denying the guy's popularity, I just think putting him next to Page is overstating it.  Thats all.

i can be objective when reviewing an album.    while i'm not what you would consider a fan of slash's present stuff, i am a fan of his work in GnR(obviously).   Given my appreciation of the old guns songs, naturally I will give anything put out by anyone from GNR's past a listen, even if out of sheer curiousity.  I can give an objective review of this and I will.  Just want a few more days to let it all sink in.    My animosity isn't so much at Slash as it his a portion of his fanbase who troll GnR boards.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:18:31 AM by Jim Bob » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 05:38:12 AM »

if you don't like my posts, you are free to skip over them

i can be objective when reviewing an album.    while i'm not what you would consider a fan of slash's present stuff, i am a fan of his work in GnR(obviously).   Given my appreciation of the old guns songs, naturally I will give anything put out by anyone from GNR's past a listen, even if out of sheer curiousity.  I can give an objective review of this and I will.  Just want a few more days to let it all sink in.    My animosity isn't so much at Slash as it his a portion of his fanbase who troll GnR boards.

when your posts are quoting something I said, I wont skip over them.  Slash fans trolling GNR boards is just as bad as Slash haters trolling VR sections on GNR boards, the only difference is the Slash haters don't get their posts deleted as often.  As I have said before, GNR fans who rip anything having to do with GNR past present or future confuses the fuck out of me. Im not sure if the troll comment was aimed at me, I dont think it was since I am the furthest thing from a troll and have never mentioned Slash in a thread that didnt concern Slash, and have never knocked the present line-up of GNR once.  I love GNR the way it is today.  I am not a reunion guy by any means.  But I do enjoy Slash and Duff's other projects, nowhere near as much as I enjoy "Chinese Democracy" but still I enjoy them regardless.  It feels like that is a crime in the eyes of some GNR fans on this board, and it makes no sense to me.  As a supporter of the new band, I also get tired of Slash's name coming up when it concerns GNR, but that is the way its always going to be, I wont let that stop me from enjoying the ex members work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:48:01 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 05:11:06 AM »

i wasn't talking about you when i talk about trolls
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2010, 05:35:01 AM »

Again, I'm pretty sure this topic reads " 'SLASH' The Album - Reviews" not debating the legitimacy of his place in rock n roll history, we can save that for another place and another time  ok
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2010, 05:40:50 AM »

Im looking forward to Jim Bobs review.  If Slash's harshest critic can give even 4/10, that would be great. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2010, 08:31:02 AM »

i'll have a review of the album in a few days.  want to listen a couple more times and take a lil more time

don't bother, we already know what it will say

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: