Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:58:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee  (Read 39591 times)
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »

This is awesome.  My brother worked with Doc to put the KISS visa card out.  Said it was a great experience and that Doc is a class act.

Rapture
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »

Maybe I understood him wrong, but if you're talking about this part:

"So in closing...Fuck the LA Times, TMZ, Contact Music n' Spinner. I don't need "forgiven" for alleged n' fabricated nonsense. I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks. Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold. So if we happen to play your neighborhood or for that matter anywhere at anytime regardless of the circumstances, presales, public sales, give aways, even free shows consider yourself uninvited. It's a free country but you're formally n' publicly not welcome."

I just think Axl talks about bad journalism, journalists who have an agenda, who back someone up even though he did something wrong (especially politicians...), I think it was just metaphoric when he said "never killed no one...". I really don't think he was talking about Todd Crew, or Slash or anyone like that. Just my opinion though. Wink

I agree, that's how I took it too.  It must be frustrating when the media just get it wrong.

And if I were Harvey Levin...I wouldn't show up at a show anytime soon.  hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »

And if I were Harvey Levin...I wouldn't show up at a show anytime soon.  hihi

Heh...maybe we can get him to go to a show, sit in the front row, and that will spur on an epic rendition of "Get in the Ring"??!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »

Hope we can get some clarification on the whole back ur boy thing because the speculation is ridiculous.  Bottom line is, if you don't want rumors to start or people to talk shit about stuff when they don't know what they're talking about, you shouldn't put cryptic messages out there.  I appreciate Axl's candor and loved this last blog, but for someone who is clearly sensitive to false rumors, he should be more careful about what he says. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »

Hope we can get some clarification on the whole back ur boy thing because the speculation is ridiculous.  Bottom line is, if you don't want rumors to start or people to talk shit about stuff when they don't know what they're talking about, you shouldn't put cryptic messages out there.  I appreciate Axl's candor and loved this last blog, but for someone who is clearly sensitive to false rumors, he should be more careful about what he says. 

With all due respect, anyone who jumps to the conclusion that Axl is talking about Slash in that part of his tweet is as much if not more at fault for making factually baseless assumptions than Axl is for being cryptic.  It goes both ways to me.  People have to exercise good judgment and look at the facts.  Like with the whole Haiti reunion-Slash issue.  Slash never said he was interested in reuniting the band for Haitian Earthquake Relief.  Axl doesn't follow anyone on Twitter and made no direct reference to Slash in his tweet on the subject.  So, really, there was no factual basis to assume Axl was taking a shot at Slash.

But, yes, to eliminate any possibility of misguided speculation to leading to blatantly false rumors, being crystal clear would help.  But, that won't always happen and the public has to use better judgment and, frankly, more logical thought when looking at what he says.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »

a double negative is a bit confusing.
The most obvious and clear reading is that it means Slash....  not so sure about Todd Crew, but who knows.
im of this opinion. and i read it as their boy isn't innocent or honest.

so Doc McGhee was a manager of the band before?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »

No, the caption says "Manager" because that is his profession. They didn't mean GNR manager.

Also, let's hope Axl has either seen that video or doesn't see it in the future. Doc wasn't exactly flattering there.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:02:32 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

Quote from: Axl
Goin' on "hours" late in Toronto nonsense: Based on set change etc. went on 1 hour 8mins late w/circumstances beyond r control n' last minute physical injuries from earlier performances (which took that hour to find ways to deal with) n' could have cancelled the performance not "hrs". Apologies were made. If u have a problem w/any of that or especially if u weren't there fuck off.

Like I've said before, everything has at least one reason....

It's amusing reading the bullshit comments from people who have no idea and just buy the idea that Axl makes people wait on purpose.

How often do you hear people actually acknowledge the fact that their moaning was out of line? Not very often.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »

Great new's glad Axl and Gun's have management ! seems like they are constantly stuck in bad situations due to their past managers.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2010, 03:13:01 PM »

No, the caption says "Manager" because that is his profession. They didn't mean GNR manager.

Also, let's hope Axl has either seen that video or doesn't see it in the future. Doc wasn't exactly flattering there.

oh ok.  because the caption says "band manager" and he talks about the frontman, i had to ask.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »

With all due respect, anyone who jumps to the conclusion that Axl is talking about Slash in that part of his tweet is as much if not more at fault for making factually baseless assumptions than Axl is for being cryptic.  It goes both ways to me.  People have to exercise good judgment and look at the facts.  Like with the whole Haiti reunion-Slash issue.  Slash never said he was interested in reuniting the band for Haitian Earthquake Relief.  Axl doesn't follow anyone on Twitter and made no direct reference to Slash in his tweet on the subject.  So, really, there was no factual basis to assume Axl was taking a shot at Slash.

But, yes, to eliminate any possibility of misguided speculation to leading to blatantly false rumors, being crystal clear would help.  But, that won't always happen and the public has to use better judgment and, frankly, more logical thought when looking at what he says.

Ali

Since you obviously disagree...maybe you can explain, word by word, how the semantics lead you to another conclusion.  And please, feel free to point out exactly how we're misreading what's written, since those who are coming to the conclusion we are are so obviously misconsturing the words written.

Or, ya know, you could just admit that it's vague enough to lead reasonable people to two completely different, reasonable conclusions. Smiley

With all due respect, of course......
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:05:41 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »

Look guys, please don't argue about vague details in what Axl says. Just read Axl's tweets and take them for what they are, which is an artist good enough to update fans on their activities or their opinions on certain subjects. The moment we start micro analyzing everything Axl says is exactly what pisses him off, and rightly so.  Roll Eyes

Lets start discussing what this threads about, which is GN'R's new manager Doc McGhee. I'm interested to know everyones opinions on what you feel he can bring to the band considering his past acheivements.

Lee
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »

Ali

Since you obviously disagree...maybe you can explain, word by word, how the semantics lead you to another conclusion.  And please, feel free to point out exactly how we're misreading what's written, since those who are coming to the conclusion we are are so obviously misconsturing the words written.

Or, ya know, you could just admit that it's vague enough to lead reasonable people to two completely different, reasonable conclusions. Smiley

The point is that I don't see how you can draw ANY conclusion given that his comment is so vague.  While I agree it would be best to have more clarity in what was originally said, or have a follow-up comment from Axl to clarify his statement now, you have a choice as the reader of his statement.  You can choose to indulge in what at this time can only be deemed as idle speculation without any real solid factual basis, or you can simply say "I honestly have no idea what he's talking about there" and move on.  Not that there is anything wrong with speculating and wondering what he meant, but we all need to own the fact that we are making assumptions about what he meant instead of actually knowing what he meant.  That's a valid alternative to saying Axl is responsible for being 100% crystal clear about everything he says.  Frankly, that can never happen.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how an assumption that he's talking about Slash being responsible for Todd Crew's death is all that reasonable.  The sentences immediately preceding his remark are about the media ("So in closing...Fuck the LA Times, TMZ, Contact Music n' Spinner. I don't need "forgiven" for alleged n' fabricated nonsense. I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks") and the only time Slash was mentioned was in refuting rumors that he was taking a shot at Slash for suggesting a GN'R reunion for Haitian relief and that he banned Slash apparel.  Also, it seems very clear to me that the sentences following are again referring to certain media members ("So if we happen to play your neighborhood or for that matter anywhere at anytime regardless of the circumstances, presales, public sales, give aways, even free shows consider yourself uninvited. It's a free country but you're formally n' publicly not welcome").  In the contest of those other remarks, it seems highly unlikely that he's talking about Slash and/or Todd Crew.

Basically, I agree with Will and FunkyMonkey that it is most likely not about Slash given the context of the remarks, but no complete conclusions as to what he IS talking about can really be drawn given the vagueness of the comment.  Certainly, I don't see any real reason, ESPECIALLY given the context of the remarks to think he's talking Slash and Todd Crew.  And, I think it is exactly this type of idle speculation that led to Axl having to clarify that he wasn't taking a shot at Slash for suggesting a GN'R reunion for Haitian relief.

Yeah, I get that this is a message board and people discuss things.  But, we do have the option of taking a step back and saying, "You know what?  It could very well be, if not highly likely, that he isn't talking about Slash and Todd Crew at all.  It really isn't clear what he's talking about from the words themselves, but if you look at the context, it is a very strong possibility we're mistaken.  Let's just keep that in mind."

Ali
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:27:48 PM by Ali » Logged
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »

I strongly agree with Ali on this

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »

Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold.

Ok, what did I miss?

Who said "he never killed" whoRoll Eyes

inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2010, 09:51:15 PM »

I remember seeing Doc McGhee on the "Supergroup" show. He said he met Baz when he was something like 16 years old and that he's still the same as he was back then -- "High RPM, low IQ". I love Sebastian, but I still thought that was a funny comment. Seemed to me that he liked Sebastian, but that he was quite a bit to handle as a manager.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »

I think he was talking about Slash for sure... not necessarily killed as in literal terms but he said "Defend yo boy" which is Slash who the media love  and always take his side etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »

I remember seeing Doc McGhee on the "Supergroup" show. He said he met Baz when he was something like 16 years old and that he's still the same as he was back then -- "High RPM, low IQ". I love Sebastian, but I still thought that was a funny comment. Seemed to me that he liked Sebastian, but that he was quite a bit to handle as a manager.

Doc McGhee being the manager makes it a lock IMO that GNR will stay super active. Doc is known for really pushing bands to tour etc

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:34 PM »

Doc McGhee being the manager makes it a lock IMO that GNR will stay super active. Doc is known for really pushing bands to tour etc

True....but that coule be his downfall in Gn'R's world. Manager or no manager Axl and the band are gonna do what they want, on their terms.

Axl is God.
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2010, 03:18:03 AM »

Ok, I get it, we've just about analyzed this bit to death, so I'm just gonna add this one little bit. What got me confused is the change in case, from talking generally of press into talking of "him". "But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true." It sounds like he talks about someone specific, not about the press collectively. Makes me curious to know who the "he" is, but I understand that there is no clear answer based on the info that we have, so I guess I'll not speculate on that but I do believe the text refers to someone specific.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: